It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Dozens of U.S. spies captured in Lebanon and Iran

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AlertInMi

Your whole diatribe gets ripped to shreds right here from the very snippet of mine you quoted:

And yes I admit that there is no proof that the Iranian "plot" was a false flag but the evidence points towards it being all made up versus it holding any truth.

I admitted there is no proof and explained that the evidence points towards it all being made up and you know this is true.

It takes more childish tactics such as twisting my words and quoting them out of context to make me "deflect and run"

You're derailing tactics are amateurish at best. If you want to turn this into a personality battle it is clearly I who is superior for various reasons mainly because I discuss the topic at hand and to not cowardly deflect from the original topic and resort to personal insults.

BTW I still love the avatar!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Ok Give us the evidence. mean what you say and say what you mean..
Your just plain weak!

I like people to be held to the same standard they expect of others... You seem to hold your assumptions to a different level.. Hypocrisy at its best!

edit on 21-11-2011 by AlertInMi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Look boy, if you want to discuss the evidence on the false Iranian plot against the Americans and Saudis start a thread about it and I will stop by to say hi.

Your troll tactics are pathetic.
edit on 21-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: grammar

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Tuck and run .... Tuck and run.
Mean what you say, and say what you mean.. provide evidence, or it is simply a small mans opinion.

[[[[[takes bow, told you so]]]]]

"look boy"- for asking for proof. Should we get into the relevance of this question to the topic? Are we not discussing US/IRAN/ISRAEL???? Way off topic, or backed in a corner and made to account for the words you type.. See how well your argument stands up?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Start a thread, are you yellow?

I think you are.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

This place is AMAZING - you have the whole gambit here including deluded, self absorbed people, that type for drama, not for truth!

Well,

how else are people supposed to get genuine opinions from lurkers ?

Without controversy, there would no threads

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

And this was all because of a false flag that the Americans fabricated. Imagine if the Americans actually found a real Iranian spy ring operating on U.S. soil.

And yes I admit that there is no proof that the Iranian "plot" was a false flag but the evidence points towards it being all made up versus it holding any truth.

You typed this in THIS THREAD... Now show your evidence or admit you turn opinions into facts.

Your like a white tail that picked up the smell of a predator (me) ... Run and bed down for the night.

Why would I start a thread on a subject that you have started right here... You are basically admitting that you do not have any evidence. Your the one deflecting and it is going to be more than obvious to anyone that reads this.

Oh the irony of the name corruption exposed... You've been exposed..

I wish the people u2uing me would or could say what they have said, out here on the thread.. You would cry or report them.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

You're still deflecting. You come into my thread and cowardly derail it. I ask you to start a thread to debate the off topic subject you want to discuss and you're too scared to do it.

I'm calling you out here. Start a thread on it.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Your like a white tail that picked up the smell of a predator (me)

I picked up a smell alright, but it's not predator, it's BS
(coming from you)

I think smell chicken too (coming from you)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Does Iran waterboard?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Here is a thread on the topic you would like to discuss that I have started previously. Feel free to join in

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I will only respond to you from now on in this thread if it's on topic.
edit on 21-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Earlier in this thread you typed

"And this was all because of a false flag that the Americans fabricated. Imagine if the Americans actually found a real Iranian spy ring operating on U.S. soil.

And yes I admit that there is no proof that the Iranian "plot" was a false flag but the evidence points towards it being all made up versus it holding any truth."

Can you please explain the evidence that you site in the paragraph above. Please and thank you for not deflecting and running!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

And, the words are legally free speech.

Post an image with a caption on it that has a filtered swear word. Depending upon which moderator of the -private- ATS forum comes along, the picture will be removed and a warning issued.

You do not have free speech on a message board owned by someone else.

Keep THAT in mind.

There is free speech, and then there is slander. Look up the difference.

If I were to go around calling you a child molester - simply because I don't like you and you work with the youth... that's no longer protected under the first amendment. You could bring me up on civil charges.

Care to elaborate? Got links?

I'll dance.

en.wikipedia.org...

Technically - it would be libel, not slander - as your words are typed as opposed to spoken.

www.infoplease.com...

Whether the charge is libel or slander is important. Most libels are deemed injurious and give immediate ground for suit. However, only certain types of statements are slanderous per se and do not require proof of pecuniary damages; these include imputation of crime, of loathsome disease, or of professional or occupational incapacity. In other cases, there may not be any recovery unless the pecuniary loss caused by the injury is proved. The award to the successful plaintiff in a suit for defamation will usually include punitive, as well as compensatory, damages if the defendant willfully lied or published the defamation repeatedly.

Read more: libel and slander — Infoplease.com www.infoplease.com...

Do we need to go back and look at the quotes of you calling these spies criminals with no factual grounding for this claim?

Be advised - there is a distinction between calling the act of spying criminal, and calling a person accused of spying a criminal.

Of course, I'm not using the same terminology you were using - which I found to be more vulgar than bared repeating.

I don't know you tell me Einstein.

You were just claiming to take part in intelligent conversation.

I was asking you for some of the facts in the case... facts which would be rather important before jumping to judgments of the people captured.

That's kind of vague. This is ATS. You're going to have to be a bit more specific if you're going to throw around such accusations. Care to explain how I made the discussion about the character and personality of the spies?

Please draw your attention to the part of my post where I talk about some of the dynamics of spying and ask you specific questions related to what facts are known about the incident.

Then look at your response to that post, and your choice to focus on issues like:

Sounds like you're a little butt hurt that they got caught?

- Continue and I'll start flagging your posts as TOS violations and petition to have the thread locked.

I'm probably being a bit of a hypocrite, here (simply by responding to this part of your post) - but I have a scorched-earth policy when it comes to tearing posts apart.

So, we'll try again:

Who are the people captured (IE - their roles - were they informants, handlers, operatives...?)

Who/what were they spying on (the Iranian government, a specific group that happened to be in Iran..., or a combination thereof)?

Or, perhaps more to discussing your opinion of these events:

Why is it that you find spying upon Iran to be such a detestable act?

What evidence and/or historic events exist that motivate/justify that opinion?

I'm giving you plenty of opportunities to engage in intelligent, meaningful discussion.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I will post a couple links just to shut you up and if you want to continue discussing this you can go to my other thread. You're not very good at this deflection thing. You're as effective as the CIA spies

Significant Holes in U.S. Legal Case Against Alleged Iran Plotter

Source Reveals Link between Israeli Mossad and Alleged Iranian Plotter

Those two articles alone are way more concrete than anything that has come out of the White House on this topic. As I said, any further discussion on this exact scenario will only get a response from me if it's on my other thread I linked to.

Have at her

edit on 21-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: can't type today =(

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

And, the words are legally free speech.

Post an image with a caption on it that has a filtered swear word. Depending upon which moderator of the -private- ATS forum comes along, the picture will be removed and a warning issued.

You do not have free speech on a message board owned by someone else.

Keep THAT in mind.

There is free speech, and then there is slander. Look up the difference.

If I were to go around calling you a child molester - simply because I don't like you and you work with the youth... that's no longer protected under the first amendment. You could bring me up on civil charges.

I can't wait for the lawsuit !

And, I'm not seeing any censoring on this thread -yet !

I'll settle for an "IMO".

What does the -private- ATS consider to be "slander"?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Do we need to go back and look at the quotes of you calling these spies criminals with no factual grounding for this claim?

Being a spy in an enemy country is probably a crime in that country which would qualify them as criminals. Do yo not agree?

Spies caught spying in the U.S. are tried as criminals. Why would it be different in Iran or Lebanon?

Wow I'm glad it's almost bed time because my head is starting to hurt

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
these days if you want to get rid of a member of the opposition you just set him up to look like he is spying for you.

Hezbollah and Iran are so paranoid that it would be so easy to get rid of good people in there organizations.

Admiral Wilhelm Canaries the head of German military intelligence was a double agent for the British

Leads you to wonder how many spy hunters in the Hezbollah or in Iran are working for the CIA or MI6

These day with the Internet it would not be hard to set up some one as a spy in Lebanon or Iran.
they are so paranoid that sending a email to someone you want to set up with a encrypted massage in it that Hezbollah and Iran can not break would get them arrested as a spy.

I have been doing this to spammers from china for years.
I send them encrypted massage asking for more military secrets and adding that i will pay them the same as i did before.
I wonder what the chinese use for torture.
edit on 21-11-2011 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

Your little joke most likely cost some innocent chinese their lives.
Disgusting...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Being a spy in an enemy country is probably a crime in that country which would qualify them as criminals. Do yo not agree?

Spies caught spying in the U.S. are tried as criminals. Why would it be different in Iran or Lebanon?

"CIA spies aren't regular soldiers. They are criminals carrying out crimes against humanity and deserve to be punished if caught. End of story."

"They deserve what's coming to them and you know it. . . ."

"These spies operate outside of domestic/international law. They are glorified mercenaries under the disguise of the flag and even then they are not loyal most the time as they are doing it for the money or sadistic entertainment factor.

A lot of them are drug dealers and assassins serving their corporate masters."

I'm going to presume you just spout a predictable line of nonsense out of habit and don't bother remembering anything you say. It's typical of people who put no thought or value into their statements.

Clearly - you're going above and beyond calling the act of spying criminal, and targeting individuals.

Now, let us go to some of the reports, since not a modicum of any linked to in this thread has really been referenced or discussed:

www.usatoday.com...

But whatever actions the CIA took, they were not enough. Like the Israelis, bad tradecraft doomed these CIA assets and the agency ultimately failed to protect them, an official said. In some instances, CIA officers fell into predictable patterns when meeting their sources, the official said.

This allowed Hezbollah to identify assets and case officers and unravel at least part of the CIA's spy network in Lebanon. There was also a reluctance to share cases and some files were put in "restricted handling." The designation severely limits the number of people who know the identity of the source but also reduces the number of experts who could spot problems that might lead to their discovery, officials said.

Clearly a failure on the part of handlers.

The Lebanon crisis is the latest mishap involving CIA counterintelligence, the undermining or manipulating of the enemy's ability to gather information. Former CIA officials have said that once-essential skill has been eroded as the agency shifted from outmaneuvering rival spy agencies to fighting terrorists. In the rush for immediate results, former officers say, tradecraft has suffered.

The most recent high-profile example was the suicide bomber who posed as an informant and killed seven CIA employees and wounded six others in Khost, Afghanistan in December 2009.

Again - failure on the part of handlers and command-level authority to address the issues at hand.

Perhaps your attitude thusfar, Dinkus, serves as a very accurate model of the problem. The CIA was, quite literally, decapitated in the years following the cold war - with the loss of many vital intelligence networks and those experienced in building/maintaining those networks. In the wake of 9/11, the CIA was flash-built with the goal of identifying and disrupting terrorist organizations. This made many in their command ranks task-oriented rather than being mission-oriented.

Their mission is to build and maintain reliable intelligence networks and to protect that network's assets. Their task is to find and disrupt terrorists. Putting the task ahead of the mission undermines the entire system, as it creates an atmosphere where the intelligence assets are perceived as means to an end as opposed to the groundwork for an intelligence infrastructure.

Which is why we've been seeing so many instances of successful counter-intel operations against us.

Perhaps, further, lay with the subject - Hezbollah - a group that, unlike Russia, is not going to pull punches for the sake of diplomacy. Operatives and Handlers (direct CIA assets) were known to play games of hide-and-seek with KGB operatives and handlers - "I see you, you see me." Direct action was not always taken out of a sense of diplomacy and, perhaps, a sense of comradery - both members of secretive shadow-war agencies.

Hezbollah doesn't give a flying fornication - there's no: "Aww... ya got me - by the way, the drapes in your living room do not match your carpet."

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Washington has never declared war after finding and busting spy rings.

Yeah because those were Russians, Chinese or Israelis spy rings.

With Russia it's WW3, China owns lots of US debt and it would be WW3... and Israel controls America's government.

So of course they didn't declare war over busted spy rings with these countries. Finding an Iranian spy ring is something else. Iran is weak, have oil and the warmongers want to go at it.

Totally different.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I've got nothing to say other than...

WATERBOARD THEM BABY!

I want them lying in naked piles on top of each other, just like US troops dream about at night.

..But seriously, I hope they get continuously water-boarded for years.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join