It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Dozens of U.S. spies captured in Lebanon and Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

Yeah right. Iranian, Russian, Israeli and more spies are caught all the time and war is not declared.

War has not been declared, but when the Iranian "plot" involving the used car salesman first became public some members of the Whitehouse called it an act of war which is more of what I meant. Sorry if I implied full out declaration of war, I could have chosen better words.

Republicans Call Alleged Iranian-Backed Plot An ‘Act Of War’

With news yesterday of a foiled bomb plot that allegedly ties the Iranian government to an attempt to assassinate foreign diplomats in the U.S., Republicans are now calling for escalated actions against the Iranian regime. Many have focused their talking points on describing the alleged Iranian-backed plot as a declaration of war on the U.S.

And this was all because of a false flag that the Americans fabricated. Imagine if the Americans actually found a real Iranian spy ring operating on U.S. soil.

And yes I admit that there is no proof that the Iranian "plot" was a false flag but the evidence points towards it being all made up versus it holding any truth.
edit on 21-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I'm sure there will be a whole slew of reports on how barbaric Iran is for not releasing the spies, that they could be getting tortured, or executed etc.

As if everyone is going to forget the US and it's coalition has about a hundred "black sites" all over the world, for expressly that purpose. To torture, maim and murder opponents in their intelligence gathering and during conflicts. Every country does this, but the US is especially cold and barbaric.

I really don't know what to say. On one hand I have sympathy for these "agents" (if they even are agents and not simply used pawns unaware of their own involvement) and on the other I have zero sympathy, when I realize what kind of company these people keep, and the actions they take.

My only worry is that this escalates a conflict or heightens public opinion towards war. Where the true innocent will suffer.
edit on 21-11-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

Yeah literally giving your life away to protect the country... That's nice to make light of.

First of all, if you really believe the spies are out there "protecting the country" then you have a lot to learn my friend. These spies operate outside of domestic/international law. They are glorified mercenaries under the disguise of the flag and even then they are not loyal most the time as they are doing it for the money or sadistic entertainment factor.

A lot of them are drug dealers and assassins serving their corporate masters. You only see spies risking their lives for their country in the movies. This isn't Mission Impossible.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
For those of you in the dark about most of the intelligence field's inner workings, let me explain. A spy or agent is someone who provides information. Think of them as a mine of gold. An operative (or what we would think of a traditional spy) is the one who gathers intelligence from them and could be described as the "miners." According to the article, it appears that agents were captured. This is a setback for whoever was "mining" them in that region but it doesn't appear any operatives have been compromised. Traditionally, an agent is handled by an operative and shares information with them. Agents will give up information usually for Money, their Ideology, Coercion (blackmail), or their Ego. If the operatives did a good job of disguising themselves during these meetings, then (if) the agents are tortured and executed (likely), the operatives will still be safe. However it appears people have been REALLY sloppy with tradecraft as of late (See Anna Chapman and the Russian Illegals program) so the operatives identity(s) might be at significant risk.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Yeah right. Iranian, Russian, Israeli and more spies are caught all the time and war is not declared.

This could also be an Iranian false flag meant to capture and use American citizens as human shields for the upcoming Israeli-US strike on Iran nuclear and Republican Guard complexes.

well wait a minute .....

maybe it's a Mosadd FF ?

That might help the general public support some more support for under supported factions.

Haaretz is an Israeli source, Yes?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I was puzzled when he called it an Iranian FF. As you said if anything it could be a Mossad FF.

I guess Iran has some spies who infiltrated Haaretz

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

He is actually right. It would be a great strategy. It has been used a lot. I don't agree with Israel threatening Iran and causing their people to live in terror (if the Iranian government even let's the people know what Israel is saying that is) and I don't agree with the US getting involved.

That said they could grab a bunch of US civilians, say they are spies and keep them prisoner in locations that would likely be bombed so Israel and US wouldn't hit those sites. Except I think Israel would hit an Iranian site regardless of whether or not American citizens were inside.

Think of how Mexican cartels kill random civilians and then put signs on their necks saying they were talking about the cartels on the internet. Likely the people aren't connected to the internet whistleblowers/informants, but it has the same effect as if they were.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

In order for your theory to be correct then the US, Israel, and Iran would have to be in on this operation together.

Current and former U.S. officials said the two different spy rings were discovered separately but both caused a significant setback in U.S. efforts to track Iran's nuclear activities and Hezbollah actions against Israel.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but I doubt that these 3 countries are participating together in a "psy-op" for this specific circumstance.

I think it's just some sloppy spies that got caught. I could be wrong though

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

So true... I bet if you look through the Op's history, you could find a string of events (press released by the US) that he called false flags.

Its starting to become comical... Everything that the US/Israel says is a lie or false flag.. If it comes from a middle east country, its fact, right from the headline.

We get it, the US and Israel want to kill everyone and all the Middle east wants peace, and only peace....

Let me guess, next you'll tell me Islam IS the religion of peace?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AlertInMi

So what?

I bet if you look through US history you will also see some false flags.

I'm not the one saying this is a false flag so your comment is pretty much irrelevant either way.

Anything to say on topic?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlertInMi
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

He is a hypocrite of the worst form. He is willing to take assumption and turn it into fact.
Look through his history... He hates America and Israel. He makes that MORE THAN clear through his history.
He also does not subscribe to any type of integrity or critical thinking.

Name one assumption that I have turned into fact.

I don't hate America or Israel, talk about turning assumptions into perceived fact

You accuse me of not subscribing to integrity or critical thinking yet you follow me from thread to thread and act like a child and spit personal insults that have absolutely nothing to do with the topic.

You have proven your lack of intelligence to discuss the topic at hand so you resort to name calling and slandering. You are too much of a coward to properly debate so you mask your frustration with hostility.

You're my hero

I love the avatar BTW!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

No. I didn't see that part. Thanks.
I think spies are an integral part of intelligence, but since I think the media spreads lies to us about Iran, having them there isn't really benefiting us as the US and Israel are still gearing up for war.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
LMFAO... Living up to their name ...
C(aught) I(n the) A(ct) ...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption ExposedI hate to say it, but I told you so.

After 2, 400 posts you should have gotten something right...finally. Blind pig...acorns..

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
... war LOL.

War & LOL don't go together.

Other than that S&F for sharing Corruption Exposed.

Are we hearing anything about this via MSM, like FOX "News", CNN, or MSNBC, on the television broadcasts in America?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I thought the RULES were dont get caught.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

I haven't seen any other stories on this yet but I also haven't searched.

It would be interesting to hear other views on the situation. I will search and post any updates if I find any.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

A quick search was very fruitful.

American spies outed; CIA suffers in Lebanon

It's pretty much the same article though.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Please remain true to the OP. Do not discuss each other.

If you disagree with an assertion say so... leave personalities out of it.

You have a report. Dispute it, affirm it, or ask questions. Again: Do not discuss other members.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join