It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officer pepper-sprays seated, non-violent students at UC Davis

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Who is calling for revolutionary war?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Yep... its sad most of those protestors probably don't remember 9/11 or the effects it had... Nor the beginning of the war in Iraq (you know before the liberal media bastardized that as well)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

This has been shown in several ATS posts.
To start Piven, Van Jones, and many many others.

I do not have the time to research this. It is here, on ATS.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

An amendment has already been proposed. If it was fleshed out a bit and given support (with the people's help since our reps don't represent us anymore) than that could be exactly what we need without violence. At least a shot before revolution.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Right...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Not all cops are bad, but neither are all protesters violent or dangerous. That anyone would defend this action after viewing that video just goes to show how completely conditioned our society is to not question authority and to demonize those who dare to stand up to it. It's sick.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by Morningglory
Center for the Study of Human Rights in the Americas

The UC Davis Center for the Study of Human Rights in the Americas (CSHRA) is an academic initiative for the comprehensive study of human rights across the American continent. Its mission is to gather information about human rights in our hemisphere, interpret it from interdisciplinary perspectives, develop appropriate legal instruments, create relevant curricula, and enhance human rights in the Americas through enlightened action.
Emphasis mine.

"Enlightened Action" you mean like...pepper spraying students for exercising their constitutional rights.

I find it interesting that UC Davis received a generous grant from the UC Davis Committee on Research to study human rights. From the web site it appears they're really concerned with torture and human rights violations in Guantánamo but not so much on their own campus.

UC Davis's mission to enhance human rights through enlightened action is a total fail and a load of crap. Actions speak louder than self promotion I'm afraid.

A department within the school does not define the rules and laws that run the police department.

Where in that post did I suggest the school defines rules/laws pertaining to the police department??? I found it ironic that UC Davis likes to think they're such good little human rights missionaries yet unleashed LE on their own students. Just passing along info.

If it's standard procedure for LE to use any and all methods available UC Davis should've been aware of that fact. Yet they gave LE permission to terrorize their own students. Not something human rights activists do imo.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia

Originally posted by Vaxar
What if elderly people had to walk along that footpath and could not walk on the lumpy grass incase they fell???

Block public space and be expected to be removed simple as that.

You know, somehow I feel like the protesters would let the elderly through. You're just coming up with excuses. I mean, did you see the video where the protesters created a massive silent path for the Chancellor to walk through? They have the ability to move, and will voluntarily do so. The police were telling them they had no choice and that they had to disperse or else.
Ok a few people seem to have replied to my comment...

First of all the comment about the elderly... was full of #

maybe i should have put a lol next to it so people knew i was not being serious...

Anyways as i said... block public walkways and be prepared for the consequences, i am not taking sides here because personally i dont gove a # about these protests as they dont seem to be working at all...

I found the video quite funny actually

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaxar

Yeah.. I called you out for that "lumpy grass" comment to, but I erased it. Something to the effect of "if you have to toss in an absurd descriptive word just to have a semblance of a point, then you really need to reconsider your position." Good to see it was not serious, I guess.

However, there is nothing funny about this.
edit on 21-11-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
David Icke was in NYC talking to OWS member Luke Rudkowski. Luke discusses how the police pepper sprayed women and how the current administration failed at trying to take over the OWS movement and are now subsequently trying to shut it down since the OWS wouldn’t let them in. See my website for the video and more stuff: illuminatiwatcher.wordpress.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Just now watched the video. Geez, that is TWISTED! The cop actually looked like he was enjoying it. He was TOO efficient at his sadistic behavior, sicko.
edit on 21-11-2011 by Gridrebel because:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

For those of you advocating the use of unnecessary force, There will come a day when violence is used against you for speaking your mind! When this day does comes I hope you will remember your message to us and your affinity to remain PC and support unjust criminal activity by the police who are supposed to protect and serve! I would also point out if our ancestors would not have protested, boycotted and revolted you would not have the rights and ability to speak freely for or against these or any others!
Though I don't advocate this protest, I do agree with their right to peacefully protest and if they were breaking the law then they should have been removed peacefully! Just because you don't agree with someones ideals does not give anyone the right to trample their beliefs! I believe their message would be heard more effectively if they handed out fliers and/or just talked with the public quietly, calmly and peacefully! It would also be more dramatic if say they were to be arrested and would gain much more support for any repercussions taken against them!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatiwatcher007

They need to be letting conservatives hear that story rather than David Icke. If Icke publicizes it no one is gonna listen. I have been telling conservatives this forever. That the Obama camp tried to hijack it. Since it didn't work they are now cracking down. When Obama realized it wasn't gonna help the campaign he is shutting it down. This is where it gets really dangerous for the protesters.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
They could have easilt arrested those people one-by-one with twist-ties.

or they could have moved off the path when told to - their choice, but with choice comes repercussions.

So Rosa Parks should have moved to the back of the bus? The slaves should have stayed slaves because the underground railroad was dangerous? Your saying we should just bend over and take it?

I DON'T THINK SO
edit on 21-11-2011 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaxar

Yes. Move them, arrest them don't pepper spray them.
How hard is this to understand?
All those cops and they couldn't move/arrest a few protesters off a walkway? None of this is okay!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
the cops actions could have started a riot. I'm surprised the people around weren't provoked into action. I think a lot of them were shocked at what just happened also if something did start those bozo cops probably would have pulled out their guns and started shooting.

this could have been much much worse.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Anonymous just released this video, it contains information on the cop that pepper sprayed those students and it serves has a direct message to police all over the world.

www.youtube.com...

What do you guys think?
Btw, if the video doesn't work, it's because youtube took it down 4 times already and may continue to do so

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Why do so many people believe that a protest should be convenient for everyone.. The point of a protest is to bring attention to an issue. Usually it is an issue that is ignored and kicked under the rug. If the protesters can be ignored or hidden away then what is the point of a protest??

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join