It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS camp in NYC getting raided - Now .

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PapaKrok

There is a scripture that always comes to mind, this is the way of it, it has always and will forever be this way,

No longer will they build houses and others live in them, or plant and others eat. For as the days of a tree, so will be the days of my people; my chosen ones will long enjoy the works of their hands.

I am not unsympathetic, I am poor, I have been poorer, homeless and living off the land,

I could be resentful, resentful that my husband is a carpenter yet we never owned a home, resentful that our tax dollars go to pay for others health care while we have no healthcare,

But I must me resigned to this is the way of it, until a future date in time.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

Originally posted by PapaKrok
reply to post by daggyz

The "bums" were dropped off at the shelter only to be turned away for lack of space. They were back in the park the next day and did not have shelter as their gear had been shoved into a public works dumptruck. Things are gonna get cold here in the Rockies soon and more will die. The rest of us (2/3) went home and back to work and continue to plan and be active in the community.

PS, We non homeless hippies and "bums" are social workers, State employess, Shop owners, small businessmen, students, retirees, ex military vets, some metally handicapped, local lawyers, etc...its a very intelligent, very efficient activist group that is aready regrouping and engaged fully in very specific political / subversive action.
Some of us are even working for the county.

But, pay no attention, resume shopping.
edit on 15-11-2011 by PapaKrok because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-11-2011 by PapaKrok because: (no reason given)

Thanks for your informative posts from your side. I do enjoy reading your OWS perspectives.

Life is often full of paradoxes and ironies. Those whom seek for immortality never get them. But those that dont are often remembered for eternity, just as you and every OWSers will be for generations to come, with people like yours of courage, conviction and conscience to seek for change to errors, determinatively with action.

We came into this world with nothing, and will leave with nothing, but it will be our actions of what we do with our lives that we will be immortalized with, to be spat upon as those whom had wrought havoc upon innocent lives of others, or be held in the highest esteem and role modelship by others.

You, along with other OWSers around the world, will have that honour of being remembered fondly for generations to come, for what you had bravely performed and already changed worldwide, with much more needed to be done. Congratulations..

Keep up the good work. Cheers! :-)

Thank you my friend.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

Apologies to you if I implied that you had no moral conscience but I wasn't changing the subject it was a reply to what you said about another member hopping off their moral high horse regarding who should foot the clean up bill.

The point I was trying to make was at what point do we decide that the way our taxes are being spent is immoral? Where do we draw the line and say well I don't agree with my taxes being used for cleaning up their mess....whether it's the banker's mess or the protestor's mess or the stomping around the middle east mess....we all pay whatever the mess. At least the occupy protests are trying give notice that they don't want to pay for the mess anymore. I am not saying that they are going the right way about it but one thing is for sure....voting changes nothing. TPTB are there because they paid for it, not because they were elected. Anyone that thinks different needs to waken up and smell the corruption.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by PapaKrok

There is a scripture that always comes to mind, this is the way of it, it has always and will forever be this way,

No longer will they build houses and others live in them, or plant and others eat. For as the days of a tree, so will be the days of my people; my chosen ones will long enjoy the works of their hands.

I am not unsympathetic, I am poor, I have been poorer, homeless and living off the land,

I could be resentful, resentful that my husband is a carpenter yet we never owned a home, resentful that our tax dollars go to pay for others health care while we have no healthcare,

But I must me resigned to this is the way of it, until a future date in time.

You have my love and support. Your post touched me deeply.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011
People are finally seeing the bars of the cage we are in. It's just a free range slave plantation

I LOVE this line!!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

well now if my analogy caused you any pain
my apologies

Thank you.

but you seem to not understand that the banks did this intentionally
worse will be coming

please take the time to study the CAFR links
things are never what they seem on the surface

I don't understand how they intentionally FORCED people to take out these dangerous loans. They may have intentionally MADE bad loans, hoping people would default, but no one MADE these people take out these loans. I was offered a risky loan (interest-only, adjustable) and I said ABSOLUTELY NOT. I don't know why everyone couldn't have done the same thing.

I genuinely think that people were considering their houses to be a piggy bank. The bubble popped, and many people are suffering from that (myself included, as our house value dropped considerably.) But that's how it goes...these things come in cycles.

Oh for christs sake. Are you really that ignorant or what? It is not just the bad loans encouraged by government and the banks who sleep in the same bed, THEY WERE SOLD AS DERIVATES TO WALL STREET AFTER THEY WERE BUNDLED TOGETHER ACCORDING TO RISK FACTOR, AND SOMETIMES EVEN RISK FACTOR WAS TOTALLY IGNORED!

How do you think AIG acting like total imbeciles came along and bought what Moody's classified as AAA??? How can it be AAA with sooooooo muuuuchhhh risk associated? And since when do derivates GET INSURED?

You are showing unbelievable ignorance and then you wonder why people do not take the stupid Tea Party seriously. 8 out of 10 of those fools ignore the harpingers and keep whining like small children " I want small government". Here is an idea take your "small government" BS and get educated before sounding like total hypocrites.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by thatonedude
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

Life has always fed on life, there really is no other way.
A peaceful change would be ideal but is not possible.
You have that teenage mentality of "down with the government anarchy rules but somolia is a bad place" I see running rampant through our country right now.
Disgusting.

There IS another way its just that people that think like you get in the way of progress.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

There is no other way biologically. Life feeds on life. Whether you agree or not is not overly relevent.

Business, society, and civilisation is not much different.

They all feed off of their predeccessors and competitors.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Then the derivatives were sold out to investors as "safe and secure" which was OUTRIGHT LYING! Then knowing that a lot of those people could not pay their increasing premiums because they were either layed off from work, the housing bubble was deflating and property value was going down, adjustable rate mortgages were going up. it was a disaster waiting to happen.

The banks were all too keen to start foreclosing because contrary to popular myth THEY WANT YOUR PROPERTY AFTER YOU PAY 10 YEARS OF PAYMENTS! You pay 100,000 mostly going to interest then they sell your property at 200,000 and make almost twice what they should in half the normal time. Do you see the conspiracy?

From another angle, the investors of the CDOs got ripped off big time and since many loans were included into more than one package(which is highely illegal) the CDO's rapidely deflated the investors lost their shirts and panties. Then AIG payed out as much as humanely possible KNOWING THAT GOVERNMENT WOULD USE TAX PAYER MONEY to cover their ILLEGAL PRACTICES.

So its a conspiracy on top of a conspiracy on top of anothe conspiracy. FOR CHRIST SAKES PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!

Wake the # up. My blood pressure is going up just tying this message to all the ignorant posters who refuse to do their own research and relly on others to do it for them. Sometimes I can't help myself, maybe I should just quit this site.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I still have not entirely endorsed or discredited the Occupy movement as of yet. There are things which I agree with and disagree with from the camps that I have looked into thus far, including here in Sudbury. However, though not entirely supporting their mixed visions of what the movement is about, I have loved to see it's incited such support from common citizens. What really disturbs me about all of this has been the unethical tactics taken by governments to control this situation. Here in Sudbury, it gets cold as hell. Period. And what I've seen so far is tents and heated shelters, kitchens, cooking supplies, food, heaters, generators, building supplies, all donated by people who are tired of being bullied by a failing economy. THAT is what I support, people seeing a wrong and addressing it. Those supplies that were donated have gone a long way to helping some of the homeless within our city as the weather gets continually colder. And it makes me sick to my stomach to see police raiding these protests and destroying this equipment, donated out of the humanity of common citizens, and used to provide safe shelter to those who need it most in our world. I think it's ethically disgusting to witness just how low the governments have been going just to keep things "business as usual". The phrase itself implies the endorsement of the status quo. This type of attack on peaceful protest, on people who simply plant themselves in land that supposedly belongs to others, and on people's freedom of speech, has been an utterly deplorable hypocracy from supposedly "free nations".

EDIT:
Judges just ruled in favor of OWS
edit on 15-11-2011 by DudeCuda because: (no reason given)

EDIT2: They jumped the gun, they got it from CNN and another network (cant remember), but it hasn't been confirmed yet
edit on 15-11-2011 by DudeCuda because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Good Good...

So much for preparing for war....LOL..

I like the reports of people cheering in Portland and New York as these Thugs were being arrested.

OCCUPY A JOB. ..yeah yeah I know "Working is Slavery"...lol.

Go back home and leech off mommy. Oh and take a bath.
edit on 15-11-2011 by StarPeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarPeace
Good Good...

I like the reports of people cheering in Portland and New York as these Thugs were being arrested.

Why must ye dodge the statistics, bailouts, and ignore the set of steel bars on our freedom?

In actuality you dodge it because you know it's credible when it all comes together. You either enjoy living in this culturally drunk and twisted society we live in today, or you probably work too much to the point where your life is a meandering blur, so it would make sense why you dodge and assert negativity in more than one rude way. It shows weakness, ignorance and a whole lot more.

Enjoy it until it comes to your doorstep. Hey, maybe you're just in it for the troll. We all know there are so many people stuck to their screens typing complete crap everyday, from Youtube to ATS. The one liners and rude one-sided views and comparisons trenched in negativity are all the same.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Good Good...

You must belong to the one percentile group. There is no other reason you would choose to be so hostile to the 99% who make 1/100 what the satanic priviliged do. It IS a closed niche, I can assure you that much. Normally they inter-marry and inter-breed as well.

Sickening state of affairs we live in.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars
Dear OWS,
Compliance with the laws is manditory. What are the number of laws in the USA, specifically? I'll go try to google that number...

Dear Ilikestars,

Bloomberg is violating a restraining order by clearing the park. Also, it's a privately owned PUBLIC PLAZA that was required to stay open 24-7 as part of it's creation.

That whole law compliance thing swings both ways, bud.

How about all the people forfeiting their personal property, when it was loaded onto garbage trucks while they were arrested? Does their contested trespass also force them to forfeit right to property? Why weren't the belongings confiscated and reimbursed to the arrested, like would happen with any felon going to county?

He broke them up against a court order, and tossed their belongings in the landfill so they wouldn't have any means to continue. Now, if the city prevails, you'll be subject to arrest if you even LIE DOWN in the park.

www.nydailynews.com...

Go ahead and disagree. Go ahead and make snarky comments. This wasn't handled on the up and up though, no matter how many times people such as yourself try to echo that it was.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Good Good...

You must belong to the one percentile group. There is no other reason you would choose to be so hostile to the 99% who make 1/100 what the satanic priviliged do. It IS a closed niche, I can assure you that much. Normally they inter-marry and inter-breed as well.

Sickening state of affairs we live in.

Yeah why must the American people ignore the Sexual Assaults, the drugs, yelling and beating drums at insane times, the insane amount of trash and odors.
The Americans should ignore not being able to enjoy their local parks because they are filled with tents and garbage.

Yeah I know it's the Occupy Movement Policy to claim that victims of sexual assaults are liars and implants, and everyone should ignore the Anti Jew and Anti Israel racism coming from their movement.

The American People should ignore what they see with their own eyes, what they smell and what they hear.

Yeah...

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Thank you for sharing that information. I had no idea how that all worked, and I am being serious. I was never able to put together to whole loan mess. So please dont quit because you think ppl arent getting it (tho some are not so yes - with a grain of salt) but in fact, you just helped me out with a lil piece of info, and im sure others as well. That is a topic I didnt even know where to begin on, and now you just helped fill in a gap! So thank you!!

Now calm down, and focus that rage towards findings ways to bring those people you mentioned down a peg or two...

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by StarPeace

Maybe you misunderstood the meaning of my post. I am not a jewish bigot although jews do inter-marry and inter-breed a lot. The theme was that ALL of the super-wealthy do so whether jewish or not! What do you think royal bloodlines are?

Do you think a rockefeller would marry a middle class person? Do you think a rothschild would?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

edit on 15-11-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatGuy45
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Thank you for sharing that information. I had no idea how that all worked, and I am being serious. I was never able to put together to whole loan mess. So please dont quit because you think ppl arent getting it (tho some are not so yes - with a grain of salt) but in fact, you just helped me out with a lil piece of info, and im sure others as well. That is a topic I didnt even know where to begin on, and now you just helped fill in a gap! So thank you!!

Now calm down, and focus that rage towards findings ways to bring those people you mentioned down a peg or two...

No problem man. Sorry for the outburst. It is simpley the fact some people rub-off the wrong way and I think they are doing it intentionally to troll. Not everyone but I do see the same people spouting the same garbage in many threads, despite all the links that are provided and whatnot.

Anyway a really good read, among other great sites, is whatreallyhappened.com.... It is quite long but explains everything reasonably well. There are parts I disagree with, but the real meat and potatoes is about half-way down. "enjoy"

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

edit on 15-11-2011 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join