It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS camp in NYC getting raided - Now .

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

Originally posted by cosmickat

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

Originally posted by generik
new york should have to pay for all the gear they are currently trashing. they easily could have kept them out them brought them in to collect their gear. there is NO NEED to trash private property

now i don't back them but this is JUST SO WRONG

OWS should have to pay for all of the stuff they trashed and all of the costs they have racked up on the cites around the country.

how about asking the fat cat bankers to pick up the cheque for the cleaning crew ...out of their big fat bonus payments that they worked so hard to screw the cities out of?

So if I'm mad at YOU and come to your house and trash your yard you don't mind picking up the check?

Do you not understand that we ALL are paying for the mess they made?

When you say we are ALL paying for the mess they made? are you referring to the OWS and their camp or the mess the bankers made?
Either way it makes no diff the bankers should still definitely pay!
And why would you get mad at me? I have not reduced your pension to a couple of bucks, or foreclosed on your house, or saddled your kids with years of debt just for trying to get educated or cut back spending on healthcare and resources.........but if I did...and you got mad and trashed my yard then I guess I would say.... well that's what I get!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

The only place they will dissapear to . Is into their DUMBS, stocked and built with your money. No doubt they will start a war and then go to ground. Leaving the rest of the sheople to cope up on top. Just look arround the world , the whole planet is in a mess. Hunger wars enviroment totally poisioned and the 1% dont give a chit about the 99%. Let them eat cake. The entire system is corrupt and rotten to the core.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegasAlexandros
When our posterity look back in history, they will say thousands watched as their brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, parents, and grandparents were defeated in their final attempt to secure freedom.

That is what you think a final attempt is ?

Talk about a drama queen.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
reply to post by CREAM

The only place they will dissapear to . Is into their DUMBS, stocked and built with your money. No doubt they will start a war and then go to ground. Leaving the rest of the sheople to cope up on top. Just look arround the world , the whole planet is in a mess. Hunger wars enviroment totally poisioned and the 1% dont give a chit about the 99%. Let them eat cake. The entire system is corrupt and rotten to the core.

Nope, thats fear speaking.

Here, here is love speaking-

Thats not actually how things work in real life!

Oh, and if it is, so be it. I would rather be dead than living under the banking cartel.

Do you not realize blood is on our hands? www.youtube.com...

So lets win, die, BUT NOT be content living in the corrupt system!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I think that's what I was trying to get at in my original post, the possibilty that the level of awareness and support for the OWS will be raised because of the violence being used to try and snuff it out. What will it take? I guess was my original thought when I watched the clear out of the park this morning. I said earlier that I half expected the whole movement to just fizzle out because it was being played down by msm and even mocked to a large degree and I agree that it lacked momentum.
But it doesn't show signs of fizzing out looks like they are gonna re group and continue and we are left to wonder how much tougher will TBTB actually get and also if they continue to get tougher with the protestors will it just serve the movement's interests in the long run?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

When our posterity look back in history, they will say thousands watched as their brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, parents, and grandparents were defeated in their final attempt to secure freedom.

What precisely is the final attempt, and when will it occur? After it's too late and people are being rounded up for prison camps, or when we're drowning in nuclear fallout?

What the hell is it going to take for people to take action and for law enforcement to wake up? Why aren't people on Capitol Hill yet?

You know things are real bad when ATS members are yelling at each other to wake up yet still doing nothing. People sitting on their asses filling their mouths with hot pockets isn't helping!!!!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Why didn't the protesters just hold their breath, until they turned blue? That always worked with mommy, didn't it?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by thejlxc
That status quo is death and suffering and starvation and horror. That you cannot even see it says volumes.

Oh no, I can't get that new iPad and a first-rate college education for my kids. Looks like it'll be bread and water for me and my family for the rest of the year. Whereas my ancestors, 200, 300, 1000 years ago, they were driving Ferraris and living it up in Monaco.

Certainly, nations that have embraced capitalism have been suffering "death, starvation and horror" ever since they adopted its ideas, while, to the contrary, they were once upon a time glittering Shangri-La's of material prosperity. I've seen the signs. I've heard the talk. Blame capitalism, not statism. Blame capitalism, not social democracy. Blame capitalism, not progress mongering. Blame capitalism, not the insatiable lust for power which lies within the heart of almost every man.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by L00kingGlass

What precisely is the final attempt, and when will it occur? After it's too late and people are being rounded up for prison camps, or when we're drowning in nuclear fallout?

What the hell is it going to take for people to take action and for law enforcement to wake up? Why aren't people on Capitol Hill yet?

You know things are real bad when ATS members are yelling at each other to wake up yet still doing nothing. People sitting on their asses filling their mouths with hot pockets isn't helping!!!!

You realize we have jobs and go to school right? That why 99% of Ocuppy supporters have NEVER been there, most are waiting for STHF to really do anything... It's ok, we can let this movement drag out for awhile. As more and more wake up.

Guess what? God won't let that nuclear nonsense your talking about happen. If he does, fine, I will hopefully incarnate on a planet with higher vibes next time...

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

People are scared to do anything. They fear jail, they fear rhetoric, they fear death. Everyone just awaits their savior, which could be Hitler himself. The masses perceive the MSMs message as the voice of the people, and this must stop before any real change can be had.

It is not unlike a bad marriage or a cheating spouse who will never admit the truth. The other spouse may know, but they will most likely accept the lies because they do not want to tear down their well being. They will want to defend their marriage, family etc… This can however result in a seeded mistrust, obsessive jealousy, decreased self worth, overly controlling behavior etc... that in the end will destroy the marriage.

People are so all consumed with the right and left that all one has to do to discredit anything is to say Obama supports it!

"The leader of genius must have the ability to make different opponents appear as if they belonged to one category. The art of leadership... consists in consolidating the attention of the people against a single adversary and taking care that nothing will split up that attention. Through clever and constant application of propaganda, people can be made to see paradise as hell, and also the other way round, to consider the most wretched sort of life as paradise. "

Adolf Hitler

edit on 15-11-2011 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmickat

All my life I watched these rebellions, never has it changed anything for the people, it only made things worse. So occupying parks and public places will not do anything. They have lost all respect and credibility from those who would join in if things had happened differently and that could have helped in many ways.

I loved seeing the banks lose over 900billion dollars when we took the money out and placed it in credit unions and small town banks.

My concerns are that even if the entire world rose up to rebel we would still have to replace the infrastructure when the dust settled and humanity, individuals are still too prone to power hunger and would create something even worse I feel.

Until I see any real solutions it is putting the cart before the horse and asking for something much much darker, than what we face right now.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The occupy movement won't be squashed because of this, it is everyone's right to be able to protest. All that the police will succeed in is moving the protesters around, and nothing else.

They'll just move them out of the parks and into occupying foreclosures, then parks will be free for your kids to play in but anti-OWS will still not be happy. Protesters will always find somewhere to protest, there is no shortage of venues and that's a fact. There is no law which prevents citizens from protesting and that is also fact.

The occupy movement isn't going to go away guys - and I for one, am glad about that.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM

You realize we have jobs and go to school right? That why 99% of Ocuppy supporters have NEVER been there, most are waiting for STHF to really do anything... It's ok, we can let this movement drag out for awhile. As more and more wake up.

Guess what? God won't let that nuclear nonsense your talking about happen. If he does, fine, I will hopefully incarnate on a planet with higher vibes next time...

My apologies. It just seems hopeless right now, I'm pissed off and frustrated as all heck. I believe we volunteered to be on this planet to fight these monsters, I'm still waiting for people to put aside their political differences and fight for a common goal.
edit on 15-11-2011 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by joyride0187
Why didn't the protesters just hold their breath, until they turned blue? That always worked with mommy, didn't it?

Hey, you know many of those down there are your fellow Ron Paul Supporters?... You should be ashamed to have Ron Paul in signature while speaking such non-sense. He just can't publicly support them for now because they support revolution.

< br />
Please review Occupy's stated objectives on occupywallst.org... It is just a resistance movement.

Oh, and they are VERY against the Federal Reserve.
edit on 15-11-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-11-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

The masses perceive the MSMs message as the voice of the people, and this must stop before any real change can be had.

I agree, the msm is a major enemy of the people, tptb are near powerless without them.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
If those OWSers get booked and thrown a ticket with a fine, JUST DON'T PAY IT!

Let all be thrown into jails instead and see how the State can handle the infrastructure and misuse state funds to feed thousands of protesters whom were only excersing their sacred constitutional right. Make the 1% cry for it will only be $$$ that will move them to tears - pay for jails constructions to house millions and loss of labour for economy.

Burma's Suu Kyi, S.Africa's Mandela, and many more whom were only exercising their rights as human beings within a supposed civilised society, were equally thrown into jails and prison for far longer terms, and yet these courageous humans never feared nor change their convictions and conscience.

Today, they stand tall amongst mankind, and role models as fellow beings that will NEVER bow to Oppression in any form

edit on 15-11-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

you may have a point in saying that if the system were to be broken down it would get very dark before it was rebuilt and made better. But sometimes things have to get a lot worse before they get better. I don't know if the world is prepared for that...probably not. Everyone likes being in their respective comfort zones where is's safe and you don't have to face anything difficult. Really all anyone truly wants is a quiet life to live in peace and safety with their families.
The uprisings in the east have led to dissent all over the world and it would appear that radical change is going to follow eventually. That is why there is so much talk of preparedness and bugging out, it looks like there are a lot of people actually taking practical steps to get ready for the time when things will get very dark.
This site and others like it are constantly running threads on " doom " it's as if people know something is coming but they don't know what, so they make up a scenario involving a planet or a NEO or a falling satellite
I don't know what is going happen or if anything will happen...... I just have a strong feeling that some kind of change is coming out of these world wide protests. And I have no doubt that violence will be the catalyst.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by cosmickat

I loved seeing the banks lose over 900billion dollars when we took the money out and placed it in credit unions and small town banks.

Antar unfortunately people pulling their money out of national banks and putting it in private credit unions is worthless also. The reason is our money is a fiat currency worldwide, so basically it is an illusion.

Money is just promissory notes, the real worth is sweat equity and enslaving people with debt, loans, taxes, and paying bills.

We have the illusion we are free range cattle, but in essence they systems owns everyone that works within it.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
But this is no revolution, revolutions effect change..........

Agreed!
Change that will absolutely horrify you is not a revolution!

edit on 15/11/11 by RainbeauBleu because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join