It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS camp in NYC getting raided - Now .

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Police have surrounded the camp.

occupywallst.org...

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Looks like they have on the Riot Gear. (Actually they don't, they are all just wearing some protective helmets EDIT)

This should be interesting. Especially considering what was to occur on Thursday.
edit on 15-11-2011 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

# is about to go down lmao

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Now this hear-say, as in I just heard of it earlier, but does the OWS movement plan on actually not allowing Wallstreet workers to enter the buildings preventing them from working? If so, they asked for this.
edit on 15-11-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

Yeah, this was a stupid idea. Mayor Bloomberg of course will have to rspond to this. At the beginning he gave the protesters the Okay to protest.

Occupy Wall Street Vows To Shut Down Subways; NYPD Issues Plan To Mobilize 432 Headquarters Cops If Necessary | The Village Voice

​Occupy Wall Street posted a notice on its website earlier today that it intends to block the subways and Foley Square, and shut down Wall Street, whatever that may mean, this Thursday. Meanwhile, the NYPD appears to be getting ready to counter a possible major push by the protesters with a new plan that would mobilize hundreds of cops assigned to headquarters. A poster titled "Mass Non-Violent Direct Action" declares "Shut down Wall Street at 7 a.m., Occupy the Subways in the five boroughs at 3 p.m., and take Foley Square at 5 p.m." the poster depicts a reference to the 1989 Tiananmen Square uprising in China, where a man faced off against a tank.

Speaking at a press conference touting the city's tourism and hotel industry, Mayor Michael Bloomberg said, ""We're not going to allow people to stop commerce and to stop people's right to go around and express themselves. No one group has the righAht to protest. They all have the right to protest."
"The New York Stock Exchange will open on time. People will be able to get to work, you can rest assured," he added.

OWS vows to shut down Wall Street, subways | NY Post

Occupy Wall Street leaders announced today their plans to rachet up their wild antics — vowing to wreak havoc on Thursday by shutting down Wall Street and the subways to mark the renegade group’s two-month takeover of Zuccotti.
According to their Web site, the day will include “Mass, Non-violent Direct Action” to “Shut Down Wall Street” at 7 a.m., “Occupy the Subways” in all five boroughs at 3 p.m. and “Take the Square,” referring to Foley Square, at 5 p.m.

More articles,

OWS Plans to Shut Down Stock Exchange to Mark Two-Month Anniversary | DNAinfo.com

Occupy Wall Street plans NYSE shutdown | Craig's Business NY

'Occup y Wall Street' Protesters Vow to Shut Down Wall Street, Subways on Thursday | Fox Houston

edit on 15-11-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
If you guy's want to watch what's going on LIVE, link below!

www.livestream.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

TY for the link.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
new york should have to pay for all the gear they are currently trashing. they easily could have kept them out them brought them in to collect their gear. there is NO NEED to trash private property

now i don't back them but this is JUST SO WRONG

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
When our posterity look back in history, they will say thousands watched as their brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, parents, and grandparents were defeated in their final attempt to secure freedom.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
it was bound to happen now we get to see the next stage fences around public spaces to prevent future occupations

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
This is what happens in protests.....I mean protest during the civil rights and anti war era go it a whole lot worse. I dont think this is a big deal.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
This is really getting nuts. It's very disturbing. I'm not even pro the OWS agenda but this is getting to me.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Welcome to the American police state. Your Constitutional rights are irrelevant, and the law enforcement which you and other Americans pay for will be used to infringe on your rights, arrest you, beat you, and pepperspray you for peacefully assembling.

Whether or not you're a fan of occupy wall street, I hope you're a fan of the Bill of Rights, because our rights are being trampled on daily.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

We have the answer to the question everyone posed a bout a month ago. How long will the Occupy protesters last in winter? Until they're removed by TPTB, that's how long!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
The police seem pretty calm, it's the protesters that are screaming and acting like maniacs.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
The girl that is talking in the background of this video is a idiot! They gave them letters telling them exactly what was going to happen to their stuff if they did not remove it, they did not remove it so....... not sure I see the problem here.

streaming video

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

The girl that is talking in the background of this video is a idiot! They gave them letters telling them exactly what was going to happen to their stuff if they did not remove it, they did not remove it so....... not sure I see the problem here.
Here's the problem:

[color=limegreen]Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or [color=limegreen]abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or [color=limegreen]the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
It's no big deal though, there are thousands of other occupy protests around the world.
edit on 15-11-2011 by TupacShakur because:

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

They are on private property........your rights don't apply.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

☮ - I Like Stars

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

at least your honest.......1/2 star for honesty.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
its gonna be a really interesting Macy's Thanksgiving day parade

<<   2  3  4 >>

join