It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS camp in NYC getting raided - Now .

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
People are finally seeing the bars of the cage we are in. It's just a free range slave plantation

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

Originally posted by SavedOne

Originally posted by MathiasAndrew
It's not because of a few lazy hippies why the housing markets crashed and almost everybody who owned property now owes more than the property is worth.

That's right, it's not the fault of the government or "big banks" either. It's the fault of every single person that bought a home they couldn't afford, or overpaid for a home on the thin hope that "some day" it'll be worth more than they paid for it. It's greed and stupidity. I can't believe the number of stories, mostly out of CA, of people who bought homes they couldn't afford by getting "interest only" loans. Masses of people getting loans that can never be paid off, because all they're paying is the interest on the loan, never the principal. What moron does such a thing??? And then there are the many, many people who refinanced their home when the interest rates went down, and instead of using it to lower their payments or shorten their mortgage term, they TOOK CASH OUT!?! I just have zero sympathy for all these people who thought they could take advantage of the "system" and now find themselves victims of their own greed.

TRANSLATION = they were asking for it , just like any other rape victim
cause the banksters were just doing it out of the goodness of their shriveled little stock-tickers COUGH i meant hearts

Oh, good grief. What a riduculous analogy. This "woe is me, I am the victim" mentality is making me cringe about the future of our country.

Rape victims are VICTIMS. People who took out loans they couldn't afford were NOT victims. They made bad choices. ANYONE should have seen that housing prices had risen artificially and that interest only or crazy adjustable loans were not smart. They were GAMBLING and lost.

It saddens me that everyone who made bad decisions is whining about being a victim. I've made bad decisions, as have we all, and when I do, I have to live with the consequenses.

But I have actually been a victim of what you are callously tossing about in your analogy, and I understand the difference between being victimized (NOT anything I could have done about it) and making bad decisions. Comparing people who got bad risky loans to rape victims is appaling and offensive.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Masses are awaiting to be let back into the park. Judge's decision to come at 3pm.

Best live stream, watch it unfold live.

The Other 99 Stream

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Awesome. WE FINALLY have democracy working properly in that the Police and local government we elect are following the wishes of the people that elected them and are kicking these bums out and back to their homes.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by decepticonLaura

You and me both.
I saw the faces of my fellow protesters the day after the raid, when the stragglers came together and regrouped. There was trama there. The cops leered and joked. The force that was arrayed to combat us was more than I could have imagined. Two court busses, two mobile command centers, SWAt vans, Several black SUVs a dozen unmarked cars, 20-30 marked cruisers, several ambulances, two firetrucks, several riot light trailers, K9 units, 150+ officers, two dump trucks, a front end loader and a dozen city workers against 100-200 protesters. They shut the block down for five hours. It barely made the local news...

There is a feeling of distrust. A disconnect. A feeling that we were being placated while plans were in the works to undermine us. It has changed the energy of the movement. It has shown us that we really don't warrant respect or recognition. It has shown us that we are not included in their plans...

The cross talk is approaching FC parameters.... it is the banter of a suppressed poplualtion being occupied by a superior force. We all know what happens when the people take things into their own hands. Northern Ireland maybe... There is still an overarching, public commitment to peaceful protest, but the underpinings are gearing towards the clandestine. We are adapting the pervasive American military / law enforcement meme of public condemnation of violence and private support of it.
edit on 15-11-2011 by PapaKrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

Originally posted by generik
new york should have to pay for all the gear they are currently trashing. they easily could have kept them out them brought them in to collect their gear. there is NO NEED to trash private property

now i don't back them but this is JUST SO WRONG

OWS should have to pay for all of the stuff they trashed and all of the costs they have racked up on the cites around the country.

as long as YOUR bank account isn't affected, you mean :shk:

ALL of our bank accounts, by way of wasted taxpayer money, HAVE been affected, so you can hop right off of your moral high horse.

Now, if I was camping out in a park, and they told me that if I didn't have my stuff out of there by a certain time it would be trashed, and I didn't comply, and they trashed my stuff...just WHOSE fault would that be?

And when they decide to affect your bank account by demanding a higher tax to increase the military budget and go out and occupy some more countries ( cause lord knows someone somewhere must be hiding WOMD!! ) will you then adopt a moral conscience and protest against higher and higher taxes to foot the false flag bills? Or will you just keep working harder and harder to feed the FED?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

new york should have to pay for all the gear they are currently trashing. they easily could have kept them out them brought them in to collect their gear. there is NO NEED to trash private property

OWS should have to pay for all of the stuff they trashed and all of the costs they have racked up on the cites around the country.

1-ALL of our bank accounts, by way of wasted taxpayer money, HAVE been affected, so you can hop right off of your moral high horse.

2-Now, if I was camping out in a park, and they told me that if I didn't have my stuff out of there by a certain time it would be trashed, and I didn't comply, and they trashed my stuff...just WHOSE fault would that be?

1- don;t have a bank accnt why give the government the means of knowing how much money i have?
more fool you for paying your protection money to your masters [ and don't waste your time denying you aren't owned in all senses of the word, please]

2- non-sequiter many of those tents that have been confiscated and trashed WERE THE ONLY HOMES some of these protesters had. interesting the authorities perpetrate violence and you blame the victims for "not obeying". do please try not to sound like a heartless witch.

PS bloomberg and his thug empire are hiding 22 trillion dollars of the peoples money as of the 2010 CAFR [comprehensive annual financial report]

an ATS Search for CAFR brings up 9 pages [Psst! hint.]
here are a couple of links
www.cafr1.com...
www.cafr1.com...
www.project.nsearch.com...
CAFRs: The Biggest Secret $60 trillion invested by US government www.abovetopsecret.com...
The One Thing they will not discuss, CAFR www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It seems to me that TPTB have bent over backwards to accommodate these protestors, I don't recall a time when other protestors were allowed to occupy space for months.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

The "bums" were dropped off at the shelter only to be turned away for lack of space. They were back in the park the next day and did not have shelter as their gear had been shoved into a public works dumptruck. Things are gonna get cold here in the Rockies soon and more will die. The rest of us (2/3) went home and back to work and continue to plan and be active in the community.

PS, We non homeless hippies and "bums" are social workers, State employess, Shop owners, small businessmen, students, retirees, ex military vets, some metally handicapped, local lawyers, etc...its a very intelligent, very efficient activist group that is aready regrouping and engaged fully in very specific political / subversive action.
Some of us are even working for the county.

But, pay no attention, resume shopping.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
It seems like OWS is getting infiltrated by communist hardliners. Protesting peacefully by holding signs and chanting is one thing, BUT vowing to shut down the subway and blocking the entrances is a complete no-no.

It was bound to happen at some point so that OWS could lose its credibility. It is much easier this way then using violence and making martyrs out of the protesters. To be honest I think the protestors should go home and chill.

We never had enough followers to make a difference anyway. The government is perfectly capable of self-destructing and sooner or later when the public funds run dry there will be millions on the street protesting and rioting. Till then lets enjoy what little freedom we have left............

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

well now if my analogy caused you any pain
my apologies

but you seem to not understand that the banks did this intentionally
worse will be coming

please take the time to study the CAFR links
things are never what they seem on the surface

edit to add
i would like to point out: you're not the only person in the world who's suffered
many others have been abused and victimized and yet are still able to show kindness to others

edit on 15-11-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

and one last edit as upon bactracking i found this [which you've edited out of your post

HAVE been affected, so you can hop right off of your moral high horse.

i have never claimed to be a role model
might i suggest that the above argument and the moral relativity behind it has done much more harm
basically you want me to get off my horse and put you up on it
edit on 15-11-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Well, there comes a time when they should be doing more then squatting, there are other ways of making their voices heard.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmickat

ALL of our bank accounts, by way of wasted taxpayer money, HAVE been affected, so you can hop right off of your moral high horse.

Now, if I was camping out in a park, and they told me that if I didn't have my stuff out of there by a certain time it would be trashed, and I didn't comply, and they trashed my stuff...just WHOSE fault would that be?

And when they decide to affect your bank account by demanding a higher tax to increase the military budget and go out and occupy some more countries ( cause lord knows someone somewhere must be hiding WOMD!! ) will you then adopt a moral conscience and protest against higher and higher taxes to foot the false flag bills? Or will you just keep working harder and harder to feed the FED?

I have done just that. I attended several Tax Day Tea Parties in my area. I have signed petitions, I have been active in the local political process, and I will continue to vote for candidates that I think are the right choices for America. I have supported Ron Paul in the past, as well, as I think he has teh most common sense of all of the politicians. Of course, we "tea partiers" were all ridiculed at the time, weren't we????

By the way,....way to change the subject from what I initially posted about. Just because I am not sympathetic about the OWS cesspool getting broken up, I have no moral conscience?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

well now if my analogy caused you any pain
my apologies

Thank you.

but you seem to not understand that the banks did this intentionally
worse will be coming

please take the time to study the CAFR links
things are never what they seem on the surface

I don't understand how they intentionally FORCED people to take out these dangerous loans. They may have intentionally MADE bad loans, hoping people would default, but no one MADE these people take out these loans. I was offered a risky loan (interest-only, adjustable) and I said ABSOLUTELY NOT. I don't know why everyone couldn't have done the same thing.

I genuinely think that people were considering their houses to be a piggy bank. The bubble popped, and many people are suffering from that (myself included, as our house value dropped considerably.) But that's how it goes...these things come in cycles.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Since when is "accomodate" and "allow" a provision of the free speech and assembly? Since when is this prescribed to TPTB? You have already bought into the paradigm. Look outside of it. If they can regulate the where, when and duration of ANY SINGLE right, they can apply it to all.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by PapaKrok

Since when is "accomodate" and "allow" a provision of the free speech and assembly? Since when is this prescribed to TPTB? You have already bought into the paradigm. Look outside of it. If they can regulate the where, when and duration of ANY SINGLE right, they can apply it to all.

No one would be allowed to squat in any park in our city,

Just sayin

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

The sub prime loans did not cause this fiasco. They represent less than 1% of all loans given durring that period and over 75% of them are being payed back. There is an acceptable, calculated loss in any banking cabal of 1-3% built into the process. The banks bundled millions of loans together in bundles that could only be purchased for $10million + each. They sold these as commodities on the open market, hedged them with credit default swaps and had them guaranteed by the FDIC (you and me tax payer). Big financial institutions like Goldman Sachs took out negative bets against them in the form of CDS and derivitives and actually bet against them making money. When investers failed, the FDIC made up the difference financially at tax payer expense.

Derivitives are bets against future events, even weather is included in the derivitive market and they hold no inherent value. The FDIC, however, assigns them value and holds us collectively responsible when these bets fail to return by assuming them as public debt. Private Corporations get to keep their earnings, but get to write off the debt to the tax payers. Great scheme, wish I would have thought of that. Then again, I would be in a Federal Prison.

Don't let the talking heads tell you otherwise. It's a massive ponzi scheme. Sub prime was not the cause, just a symptom and a scapegoat to make the American people say "You're right, I'll pay".

The irony is, if it all just went away, the world, in terms of physical resources, would still remain the same. These debts NEVER WERE REAL, they are just mathematical constructs. They, essentially, are only collectible if we consent to it. I don't. Do you?

It amounts to the methhead in your neighborhood losing his paycheck to a slot machine and coming to your house to collect.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

According to the Constitution, they are, my friend. Its pretty Specific in the Bill of Rights, goes like this:

The Preamble to The Bill of Rights

Congress of the United States
begun and held at the City of New-York, on
Wednesday the fourth of March, one thousand seven hundred and eighty nine.

THE Conventions of a number of the States, having at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added: And as extending the ground of public confidence in the Government, will best ensure the beneficent ends of its institution.

RESOLVED by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America, in Congress assembled, two thirds of both Houses concurring, that the following Articles be proposed to the Legislatures of the several States, as amendments to the Constitution of the United States, all, or any of which Articles, when ratified by three fourths of the said Legislatures, to be valid to all intents and purposes, as part of the said Constitution; viz.

ARTICLES in addition to, and Amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America, proposed by Congress, and ratified by the Legislatures of the several States, pursuant to the fifth Article of the original Constitution.

Note: The following text is a transcription of the first ten amendments to the Constitution in their original form. These amendments were ratified December 15, 1791, and form what is known as the "Bill of Rights."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Amendment III

No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

Amendment VII

In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Amendment VIII

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Amendment IX

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Amendments 11-27

Check it out sometime.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

What a riduculous analogy. This "woe is me, I am the victim" mentality is making me cringe about the future of our country.

Rape victims are VICTIMS. People who took out loans they couldn't afford were NOT victims. They made bad choices. ANYONE should have seen that housing prices had risen artificially and that interest only or crazy adjustable loans were not smart. They were GAMBLING and lost.

It saddens me that everyone who made bad decisions is whining about being a victim. I've made bad decisions, as have we all, and when I do, I have to live with the consequenses.

The glaring fault in that ASSumption is that every one of these folks collectively share the 'commonalities' you've since laden upon them ALL as a whole - loans they couldn't afford, homes they couldn't afford.

Shear Idiocy and a clear sign of a blinkered-view and mentality overall. :shk:

Those things, student and home debt, may be common fibers throughout, but they're certainly not in the majority when it comes to the actual fabric or thread itself .. but mere contributing factors.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by PapaKrok
reply to post by daggyz

The "bums" were dropped off at the shelter only to be turned away for lack of space. They were back in the park the next day and did not have shelter as their gear had been shoved into a public works dumptruck. Things are gonna get cold here in the Rockies soon and more will die. The rest of us (2/3) went home and back to work and continue to plan and be active in the community.

PS, We non homeless hippies and "bums" are social workers, State employess, Shop owners, small businessmen, students, retirees, ex military vets, some metally handicapped, local lawyers, etc...its a very intelligent, very efficient activist group that is aready regrouping and engaged fully in very specific political / subversive action.
Some of us are even working for the county.

But, pay no attention, resume shopping.

Thanks for your informative posts from your side. I do enjoy reading your OWS perspectives.

Life is often full of paradoxes and ironies. Those whom seek for immortality never get them. But those that dont are often remembered for eternity, just as you and every OWSers will be for generations to come, with people like yours of courage, conviction and conscience to seek for change to errors, determinatively with action.

We came into this world with nothing, and will leave with nothing, but it will be our actions of what we do with our lives that we will be immortalized with, to be spat upon as those whom had wrought havoc upon innocent lives of others, or be held in the highest esteem and role modelship by others.

You, along with other OWSers around the world, will have that honour of being remembered fondly for generations to come, for what you had bravely performed and already changed worldwide, with much more needed to be done. Congratulations..

Keep up the good work. Cheers! :-)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join