It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is China Building These Gigantic Structures In the Middle of the Desert?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
This has been discussed several times here on ATS already.

There are some great further images posted here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and some links here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hope it helps.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxcatlolxx
As it was mentioned before, these "Nazca Lines" images appear to be pretty self-explanatory. When you are building a new pre-fab city, what type of things are you going to design and build first? Utilities and roads. They would need to dig them out (lines etched into the earth), and then the roads would get paved. You cannot instantly pave all of the roads at once, so it would have a incomplete look to it. That "base" area would most likely be the construction HQ.

Okay...

Have you looked at these images? They are rectangles filled in with completely random zig zag shaped lines. They are also white. They are also not large enough to be a city.

These white patterns have nothing to do with cities.

Originally posted by SixX1874
China prob built those cities for all their citizens that cannot afford to live there because the Chinese govt pays them little to no money, and once WW3 is over and all the worlds cities have been devastated, China is ahead of the game and can move their remaining populations into these cities, because who's going to bomb an empty city? Plus building them now would be better then building later when prices of material and restrictions will be a greater cost.
edit on 11/14/2011 by SixX1874 because: (no reason given)

Again I ask, WHAT CITIES are you seeing in the OP's pictures? Yes, we all know about the ghost cities China is building. This has nothing to do with it.

Originally posted by PrimePorkchop

Originally posted by marzabeth
The Chinese have been building cities out in the middle of the desert for a awhile. Most if not all are mostly empty-essentially ghost towns...see story here.

These are likely new cities being built.

pfft! I reject reality and submit it with my own. That is the ATS member motto. Your response is far too rational to fit in here, buddy.

Which is why so few have given you a star, and so many have flocked to stroke their own egos by relishing in something that never was.

Deny ignorance, indeed.

Few gave him a star because there is NOTHING RELATED TO CITIES in the OP's picture.

I am just astounded with ATS today, is NOBODY looking at the link? Does this link take different people to different pictures or something? This whole city thing is just asinine.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

'Crop circles are man-made'

Yes, with very strange electro-magnetic anomalies, and symmetrical precision and accuracy, and containing information, of mathematical nature, which was not discovered by man until the crop circle was made.

Can I correct your statement?

'SOME crop circles are man-made' to throw into doubt the ones that are unexplainable.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
This story is now on Drudge.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I am completely speculating, and have no actual knowledge from first hand experience to back this up....

But the most logical reason I've heard on the net for the lines is a tank test range. The weird angles make for interesting targeting and piloting issues and would seem perfect for a test course.

Can someone with more experience in this area help me understand this better?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
These aren't mysterious.

The first image (under the updated part of the article) is a tank/urban training area. The US, Britain France all have these. It is to train artillery and tanks etc how to manoeuvre in tight urban settings without running over people and wrecking hardware. .

The second image is an ballistics damage range. Note the objects in concentric rings around the middle. You would detonate an explosive in the middle and assess how much damage objects absorbed at different distances with different payloads. note: the old Migs are placed at differing angles quite close.

The last one just looks like a regular testing range--the sort you see around the world.
edit on 14/11/11 by Chr0nicNZ because: Clarifing images

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
MAYbe their building their own version of area51 or if they are building cities they could be for whats left of the population if the myans were right.and wasnt there a thread a while ago about weird structures seen on google earth in the saudi desert?maybe someone remembers the thread.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
That 18 long grid pattern is interesting but I don't believe China did that one. It's
to perfect. More like ET did that one. It appears very ancient.
The others are identifiers, although I'm sure about the purpose. The Nazca lines are
markers and identifiers but can only be seen from an airplane or high altitude Sat
or craft.
I've seen the fully built cities they've built but no one lives there. Their preparing
for something, probably for a mass movement or people. Most industrialized nations
are doing this, mostly underground cities. there all over the US, even though Procyon
knocked out the D.U.M.B.S.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Seems like a lot of journalists h

Photographed by a Google Maps satellite sweep, the mysterious structures are located at the border of the Gansu and Xinjiang provinces, a region where China often tests its military, space and nuclear hardware. Conspiracy theorists have already labelled it the “Chinese Area 51”, while others believe they might be an optical target range for satellite guided weapons.
ang out on conspiracy boards as this today appears in our australian MSN networks and they even quote conspiracy boards are saying etc.

news.ninemsn.com.au...news.ninemsn.com.au... e-structures-in-remote-china.glance

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndigoValor
That 18 long grid pattern is interesting but I don't believe China did that one. It's
to perfect. More like ET did that one. It appears very ancient.
The others are identifiers, although I'm sure about the purpose. The Nazca lines are
markers and identifiers but can only be seen from an airplane or high altitude Sat
or craft.
I've seen the fully built cities they've built but no one lives there. Their preparing
for something, probably for a mass movement or people. Most industrialized nations
are doing this, mostly underground cities. there all over the US, even though Procyon
knocked out the D.U.M.B.S.

Im only going to be able to mention a vauge hearsay from an interview I was listenning to or a youtube , wherein the person in the know says that China is inflitrated the most by the aliens and have control of their leaders and are terraforming to make the planet habitable for them and i guess these empty cities are in rediness for their occupation.

I really need to get organic coconut oil immediately to improve my memory

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NoNameBrand

Have queried my formerly Mainland China close buddy . . . I doubt he'll have much of a clue either but if he responds with anything interesting, I'll post it here.

I'm stumped. Those are all quite interesting.

The mock-up of the border between China and India sounds like war games, to me.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by trollz
I wonder if it has anything to do with this odd location I found. There's steam towers, like you would see at a nuclear facility, and a bunch of trucks. It's just to the west of the OP's location. Is this just some kind of power plant/water facility or did I just find some secret Chinese nuke site?
You can zoom in pretty far for good detail, too.

Google maps location
edit on 13-11-2011 by trollz because: (no reason given)

To the nw of those cooling towers (which even my college had for the steam plant) there is a group of seven settling ponds with rotating units for keeping them agitated. it looks like a sewage treatment plant to me.

Ok I'm editng to add the following.
If you zoom in on the cooling towers you'll see they are not solid all the way to the base, they have an open lattice near the bottom. After looking on line I can not find a single picture of a tower with that kind of construction that isn't part of a nuclear power plant.
edit on 14-11-2011 by exile1981 because: more info

Lastly the settling tanks are not just used in waste water treatment systems they are also used in pulp and paper mills and much smaller ones are used in certain types of textile mills. They are never used over here in nuclear facilities because of the open to atmosphere design.
edit on 14-11-2011 by exile1981 because: even more info

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I'm not saying its aliens..

But It's aliens.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
2003/2004 the maps from this area are "clean" and unremarkable.

Late 2004 and into early 2005 the topography is still "green" but you can see parallel lines running all over the area, as if there is some sort of vehicle traffic.

The bright white/thick banded "grid" appears to have been made in 2005/2006. And, If you go back and look at the grid and compare it's appearance when it was brand new in 2006 to how it looks in current maps, you can see how it is "weathering".

I'm curious to know what material it was made with. It was VERY bright "white" when first made, almost to the point of luminescence. If you compare timeline maps, you can see how it's bright quality has degraded from 2006 until now. You can also see where high points and topography/weather have eroded certain areas of it completely away. Eroded away? Weapons testing pock marks? Both?

What is it made of? It appears to be "painted" in some form or fashion. How did they make it? And is it really a targeting grid? Is the airplane nearby a real one, or a mock one /for targeting as well?

As for naysayers,

To those saying it's an overlay, I'm not sure how old google earth images are, or who stores them, but if it is an "overlay", then whomever did the overlay, made several more, at different year intervals, and aged them as well.

To those saying it is a photoshop, again, I go back to the fact that you can use googles own "history" program to check on the site as far back as 2003. I am not sure how you "photoshop" google maps in the firstplace....but if If someone has photoshopped it, does this person work for google and have loads of time on their hands and an odd sense of humor? Why go to the trouble of offering detailed history maps, going back almost a decade and convincing "weathering" of the grid? And to what end would someone bother to do something like this? To what end? How would someone even know that it would attract attention to this degree?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Diluted

You my friend are right!!!!! It has to be aliens.

In a few months by mid-2012 at the latest the U.S. and it's allies will be at war with Iran and their allies, WW3? Maybe - maybe not. At the peak of fighting China will contact the aliens who will at last make themselves known to the rest of the world and will quickly conquer and enslave the human race. China will also be conquered and will regret attempts to befriend the alien monsters and yet will somehow spin it and blame it on the Jews.(lol)

The pictures are of transmission towers to contact the aliens, housing for the invading alien forces and landing strips for the alien fleet.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

From that discription i beleive i have found simlar lines in the remote forest in western tasmania.I beleive it has something to do with mining.I have found plenty of large gold deposits on google earth in china.Maybe someone has found one of these areas.Not likely.the large gold deposits i found in china are too high in the mountains to be mined.Theres plenty of gold there but its very hard to get too.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
The area in general strikes me as a training range, nothing more, nothing less. The volume of bomb crater remnants and physical damage to structures speaks as much anyway.
As to the white line patterns, I've not a clue to their purpose. Maybe it is the Chinese version of mooning the satellites, as if to say to the people who pour over the imagery looking for weirdness "HaHA! This has no purpose, bu let's see you try to figure this one out!" Knowing how conspiracy theorists think, if I were to ever have the ability to do something like that, I would, hands down. Just to eff with them. Kinda like watching a dog chase it's tail in that sense--stupid but still funny

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

China cares about no-one or anything.

China is evil.

Beware of China.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
ok Ill toss out an idea.....so we are looking at the new and improved Chinese version of HAARP. The round structure could be the sending station, and the odd metallic road looking thingy could be a solar collection array that supplies the power.........
Tossed in that group of pics is an older one, that is clearly a bombing target range, the one with the planes and trucks in it.........thats older as I have seen THAT pic on ATS discussed before.

But those other odd ones are new, and I am calling it, CHINA'S HAARP.
Now tell me how very wrong I am............and THINK about all the dam earthquake activity so just is out of place.....
edit on 15-11-2011 by theRiverGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
My personal guess is that some are training areas, and bombing areas ... but the size of the gridded areas, are for air surveillance, and satellite mapping and targetting systems.

You have to "single out" something on the ground, to identify it as a structure ... or city. The lines on the ground, serve this purpose well, from a programmers point.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join