Why Is China Building These Gigantic Structures In the Middle of the Desert?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
As for what the lines actually are:

I'm 99% sure the lines are actually there, and not just projections over the map. There are progressive images of the lines being built. There are progressive images of the lines wearing away, getting dirty, and getting covered with things. There are tire marks of vehicles that have driven on the lines, following the oddly shaped lines. They are there, they aren't just projections.

If I had to guess, I would say this has something to do with satellites. They are either trying to calibrate their own satellites, trick someone else's, or something along those lines.

Two things are obvious, one is that these are meant to be seen from the air. The other, is that they are trying to make varied and changing altitude terrain appear as a flat surface. These two things together leads me to believe making their satellites better at picking up topography, or somehow figuring out how to fool other people's satellites.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Jeah, I have to say these lines are prolly really there, judging by the zoomed in pics, the less zoomed in pics look really fake though.

I can´t find the locations on my Coogle Earth, the coordinates in the OP don´t even exist in my version, the 2 second pair of numbers of the lattitude only go to 60, and the OP says .75.

Still I find it strange they are so perfect across such a rugged terrain, or is it not that mountainous at all?
edit on 14-11-2011 by CaptainInstaban because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I think there's a mixture of fact and fiction in these.
The first one with the lines and squares across a large area looks more like an overlay. It's covering such a large area of terrain that it cannot possibly be on the ground. The accuracy of that over large spaces of uneven land would be impossible.

The rest could easily be a mixture of plans for another ghost city of theirs, or military training facilities. The round shape with the planes in the middle could be explained away as a terrorism training facility. It would be perfect for training special forces to deal with a hijack and hostage situation, with obstacles representing airport structures and potential weak points etc.

I think it's important to remember that they could have been there for decades, from WW2 through the cold war and into today. Any number of events could have demanded that the military create some training facility, and their development of satellite and GPS would have inevitably meant some testing and experimentation on a large scale too.

The whole ghost city thing fascinates me. Although it's likely there was a whole lot of corruption in their creation, there's is a suggestion from several economists that this was a better solution for investment and something the USA and European nations should have been doing instead of bailing out the banks.
Most know that the $ is going to collapse. And it's likely that this will result in war.
China is once again best placed to deal with this now that they have numerous cities uninhabited and ready to go. They can evacuate millions of people to these cities.
At the same time, they employed hundreds of thousands of people to build them.
For a large country like that, any attacking force would have a very difficult time deciding where to attack when they have so many cities to look at.

It's an interesting subject nonetheless.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Well its (40.452107,93.742118) not there in 2003 and you can see the construction 4/14/2004 with not all of whatever it is completed. To me it looks like a white powder , salt or lime etc.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
I think there's a mixture of fact and fiction in these.
The first one with the lines and squares across a large area looks more like an overlay. It's covering such a large area of terrain that it cannot possibly be on the ground. The accuracy of that over large spaces of uneven land would be impossible.

I see no reason why it would be impossible. You get an image of the terrain, overlay a pattern onto it, then mark the GPS locations of the lines. Then you go to those locations and paint the lines. It obviously took some "doing" but were not talking about pyramid construction here.

I also find it hard to believe that China would build some of the white line arrays, then get Google to cooperate by falsely adding others? Some of those arrays actually being there is pretty obvious, if the ones we can't "prove" are actually there are just overlays why would Google cooperate with China to add them? I'd bet every cent I own that 100% of those are real, physical things, not just overlays.

I think the bigger issue, personally, is what the lines are there for. My previous guess seems to make some sort of sense, but I'd love to hear more ideas from other people. Antenna array doesn't make much sense. There is no advantage to the odd zigzag pattern, and these are over rough and uneven terrain, an antenna array would be on flat ground.

i really think these are just white painted, or chalk lines, but there is still a purpose. Can anyone think of any?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I see no reason why it would be impossible. You get an image of the terrain, overlay a pattern onto it, then mark the GPS locations of the lines. Then you go to those locations and paint the lines. It obviously took some "doing" but were not talking about pyramid construction here.
reply to post by James1982

It would only look like a straight line from the angle you made your observations from, if the terrain has alot of height differences.

From different angles, the lines would not look straight me thinks.

It´s exactly what´s bothering me with these lines.

Can someone look from different angles to see if you can notice any differences?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Iv'e seena lot of crazy crud in the last year and month.

This one does not take a slice from the cake. Just another mystery to be filed with all the others.

We see things in the world that we do not understand....so we label it as usual. This topic is giving me a headache.

I mean, its no secret. They are CLEARLY in plain site. White lines on the ground.....

Amazing what "white lines on the ground" can do to people. Im not dissing the topic....well yeah i kind of am actually.

All we can say is who knows, and move a long. If you're 99% sure about something, then your not actually sure of anything.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
My guess is that the lines are created using a space based laser system. The "chalk" lines are laser ash.

I imagine it would be similar to this demostration on clothing here: www.youtube.com...

Here's an example of a space based laser set to be in orbit for the end of 2012...
www.wslfweb.org...
edit on 14-11-2011 by jcrash because: added info
edit on 14-11-2011 by jcrash because: grammar

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mthgs602

It is not so much the white lines on the ground, but their purpose that puzzles people.

Tbh I don´t trust people that say move along now.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
According to one of the Gizmodo commenters, the strange zig-zag patterns are the result of surface mining techniques, which apparently is usually done illegally in China. The argument he makes seems convincing enough, not that I know anything about geology or surface mining to verify it.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
It will be interesting to see what these thing actually are used for. They kind of resemble ley lines (at least thats what they remind me of. Nice find, here, OP!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I can't view anything via the link, can someone post the pics?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Hold on, comming up.

No, can´t seem to link the Google Map urls.

Sorry.
edit on 14-11-2011 by CaptainInstaban because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The circular one reminds me of talk David Flynn gave about a grey that seemed to be holding a disc that was actually some form of communication.

This is the only picture I can find right now. . .

scroll down a bit and you'll see it.

forum.prisonplanet.com...

edit on 14-11-2011 by tbonethedstroyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
As it was mentioned before, these "Nazca Lines" images appear to be pretty self-explanatory. When you are building a new pre-fab city, what type of things are you going to design and build first? Utilities and roads. They would need to dig them out (lines etched into the earth), and then the roads would get paved. You cannot instantly pave all of the roads at once, so it would have a incomplete look to it. That "base" area would most likely be the construction HQ.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by xxcatlolxx

And those in the shape of animals and other shapes?

Although a spider shaped house would be cool

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
So...China is hiring workers to build new cities...to give them work....then no one (as yet) has moved into these new cities.

What I also find interesting...is that China wants to buy land in Idaho....and build a city there too.

www.prisonplanet.com...

Also I found out that China is buying lumber from Oregon. I find this interesting because I live in the NW.

ecotrope.opb.org...

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by xxcatlolxx

Have you seen the terrain these lines go across? You think these are going to be roads that go in straight lines across peaks and valleys and through rock formations, and have you ever seen this done before in construction areas?

I know I don´t.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Ecidemon

Excellent find, that is one gigantic wind farm!!

Tens of thousands of them.
Imagine the energy output

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

hu is on your avatar if i rememeber corectly jared loughner used to have the same one.

new topics
top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join