It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a religon that accepts homosexuality?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by darkredfish

I know that many, many people will disagree with me ....and think I am wrong....but I know I am not. Heaven does love and accepts gay people....if you are a good person....with good intentions.....and the condition of your soul and spirit are good....then when you pass away from this realm into the next...you will go to Heaven. Many, many gay people are good people.

As for which (man-made) religion accepts gay people....I right now do not know of any. I hope that there are some.

Works alone do not get you into heaven. Works without faith is dead. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Theres going to be many a "good" person locked away in the depths of hell because what they considered good is not what God considers good. Heaven is his kingdom, if you want in it you have to do it his way or you don't get in and that way is through Jesus Christ.

What any person needs to be asking themselves (including gay people), is how badly do you want to be with Yeshua ha Meshiach (Jesus the Christ). Do you love him and want to be with him more than anything in this world? What are you willing to give up to do that? Are you willing to forgoe your worldly desires and pleasures? If the answer is no then you will never see him. People think that believing in him means that you just acknowledge who he is and that he is your savior but it does not end there. You must take up your cross and follow him and turn away from things focusing on yourself.

Matthew 16:21 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.
16:22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.
16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.
16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by Starwise

Unitarian Universalist
They are fabulous...There is also Paganism Druidry and Wicca... who UUs accept too...

Universalism is a sham. All roads do not lead to heaven. Only Jesus Christ is the way and he said that himself.

How do you know? Have you been a soul so pure that you karma is gone and in reaility be like a saint and in the same time belive in Universalim and missed heaven because of wrong belief? Do you know what being in heaven on earth means?

You should not trust blindly what you read and if you have not experianced? Jesus was a wonderful teacher but he has only his own experiance as all souls have and can only guide from his perspective. His perspective will not fit all and his terachings will probably be out of context sometimes with missing peices that would make it even clearer. I have a feeling he left out a few thing that the people was not ready for 2000 years ago.

If Jesus is one with god then I will become one with him if I become one with god. If I become one with buddha and buddha is one with god and god is one with Jesus the me becoming one with buddha means im one with Jesus.

I don't care what religons say. The law of one is right. All is one and one is All. From that law you can figure out everything else and don't need anything more than the mind that god(All) has given you. It's is both religon, science and reality in one. Have fun in your religons duality if you want to. But to reach the goal you have to listen to yourself that knows the way and less of religous dogma. No 2 persons in this world belives exactly like the other. We are all special and unique and important. Every atom changes the sum of everything and the pattern of the universe. God has chosen a pattern that is just as it should be for the best evolution of everything. Good luck in your evolution. Namaste

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I am a free american. I do not have to accept homosexuality. I do not have to see it on a billboard while I'm driving. My children should not see homosexual activities on public TV. Yet.. commie bastards are changing everything I know about america and there isnt a damn thing we can do but accept it? Over my dead bloated corpse....

Hate of homosexuals and fear off commies. You have really learned the lessons that you have been taught by propaganda. From my point of view the problem in your country have always been capitalism (service to ego and self) and you are destroying nature with your system. The sins of the father and the karma of society continues thru the systems we have built up and the corruption sickness shows in your bank system. Have fun eating money as in binary ones and zeroes and paper when nature no longer works at all. I will try another approach that might make you wake up if you want to. Yoda quote "Fear is the path to the dark side: fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering". We all create our own hell if we are not careful. It's the way of karma. Enjoy wherever you end up by choosing your path. Namaste

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

Really? Is that what you got out of that whole post? Really? Hatred of homosexuals huh? Fear of commies?

LOL you're a prize. I tell ya.

Look chum. I dont speak between the lines, so dont try to read between them. Take what I said as I said it. Dont assume you know me.

btw. Since you know so much about OUR country... as if it doesnt exist in yours...

You cant know the "Problem" in our country unless you LIVE in our country to experiance it. capitalism (service to ego and self), as you would put it, is far better than communism. You think capatalism or communism works best in China? Hmmm Which one do they use now? Oh yeah.. Communism.

You say we're destroying nature with our own system. How? Seriously? You dont drive in your country? You dont drill for oil in your country? You must think we run out every night and burn down forests for fun, and suck on exhaust fumes cause we like the way it makes us feel... Mmmmm Pure Capitalism at it's raunchiest! Considering that capitalism was doing great untill it was hijacked by political crooks, I think we've done rather well for ourselves, compared to other countries in the same amount of time.

" The sins of the father and the karma of society continues thru the systems we have built up and the corruption sickness shows in your bank system. "

Huh??? Serious??

Where are you from? I HOPE You say england. Sorry to tell ya... But the banking system you refer to as ours... Well, it's not. It's all part of a bigger english banking system. At the start of our once great nation, we didnt have banks. Every man was his own owner, and could print his own worth. That system worked great. Read about it... Untill, some jerky greedy bankers set up shop here from england and ruined it for us. Learn a lil history while you're taking the time to bash America. Sure, we got our problems, like any other country, but when someone from another part of the world tries to tell me what the country I LIVE IN is all about, I have to laugh and call that person an idiot. You know no more about my country than I do yours, buddy.

Karma... wth is karma? I dont believe in it, because that's something of ANOTHER country and belief system. I believe in free will. Reprocussions only come in the end. If your karma were so... dont you think polititians would just all die worldwide all of a sudden? Rapest would all be caught. Murderers would all be on death row, criminals would be no more... lol... Karma. B.S...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andvari
reply to post by Burgo1010

Homosexuals don't wish to bring the bedroom into the streets.

[/more]
Have you not seen the many gay rights parades? I think people should have straight pride parades. But then again, that would be seen as intolerant toward gay people. If being gay is all about love, then they should not display sex on the street in the many parades.

You really have to listen to the language here..."I'm sexually attracted to the same sex". OK, that sentence has nothing to do with love, but solely about sex. Straight people don't go around saying "I'm really attracted to the opposite sex". We know they are. But love does not necessarily mean sex. One can love and never have sex. But, love does go with sex in the most romantic and intimate setting, but sex itself has nothing to do with love.

So what are you really wanting? Do you really want sex or love? If you want sex and love, then you need to be honest about that part. I have never seen a gay rights parade that had nothing to do with love alone. I see homosexuality as being solely about sex only. So you want to have sex with your boyfriend, good for you. But people also want to have sex with park benches, dogs, horses, sheep, goats, children, fluffy pillows, balloon women, trees and a host of other things. That does not mean they have romance and intimacy or love with those things, it just means they want a place to stick their thingy, and be accepted for it. Even the ones who love children.

BTW, the leading proponent of gay marriage is Harry Hay, who is also the founder of NAMBLA. So how do you listen to the rhetoric within the gay community about marriage, whose words come from Harry Hay? Are his words something to be cherished? He was the one who preaches the gay marriage message of which all other discussions are based on. www.nambla.org...

From their own website

The opponents of gay marriages, including hypocrites in the Catholic Church, claimed to know what is natural and what the word of their variously characterized gods is. These naysayers are certainly entitled to their opinions but they fail to grasp that these are far from universal.

Isn't that exactly what the OP states?

For those who would deny the expression of mutually felt love and affection, we say believe what you will but do not invent harm where there is none.

Again, exactly what the OP states. Don't tell me there is a difference in language because the words are exactly the same.

edit on 11/13/2011 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/13/2011 by WarminIndy because: removing endquotes from post

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Just got back from camping with my boyfriend. I will read through this all tomorrow, I don't have time right now.
SPOILER: I got something BIG planned for ATS.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkredfish
SPOILER: I got something BIG planned for ATS.

A filmed nudie run through the nearest Catholic Church?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by acrux

If as your video states homsexuals are born the way they are, that it is genetic, that logic would leads us to believe that paedophiles are also born that way & cannot do anything about it.

Yet paedophiles are considered scum of the earth who deserve execution.

We have very strict laws to punish them.

I'm sure many homosexuals think paedophiles are disgusting.

From a scientific point of view, if being gay is acceptable, we would have to accept paedophilia too.

I'm not saying paedophilia is right, it a horrible thing.

edit on 12-11-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

Im not replying to many, but I am going to reply to this one because your ignorance is hurting my eyes.

You say that since homosexuality is genetic (which it is not, but It is affected by unchangeable biological influences) therefore so is paedophilia. Where is your proof that paedophilia is biological? You have none, and you feel the need to make this up why? This statement makes no logical sense.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Have you not seen the many gay rights parades? I think people should have straight pride parades. But then again, that would be seen as intolerant toward gay people. If being gay is all about love, then they should not display sex on the street in the many parades.

Highschool and college football homecoming
Valentines Day
St. Patricks Day (Beer leads to drunks, Drunks lead to Horny men, Horny men lead to tit grabbing on the street)
Any form of new age media

And most of all, you get to display little amounts of heterosexuality every day through out the year, we get to display a BIG amount of homosexuality one time a year. I think its fair, and if you wanna go have straight pride parades, go ahead. I wouldn't mind too much, because I have this magical ability to GASP IGNORE THINGS! Yeahh, if I dont wanna see somthing because I think it's gross and disgusting, than I can just not look at it.
NEW CONCEPT IS NEW

So what are you really wanting? Do you really want sex or love? If you want sex and love, then you need to be honest about that part. I have never seen a gay rights parade that had nothing to do with love alone. I see homosexuality as being solely about sex only. So you want to have sex with your boyfriend, good for you. But people also want to have sex with park benches, dogs, horses, sheep, goats, children, fluffy pillows, balloon women, trees and a host of other things. That does not mean they have romance and intimacy or love with those things, it just means they want a place to stick their thingy, and be accepted for it. Even the ones who love children.

Here we go again with the age old tale of " It's all about sex. " I also assume you think im an ugly fat **** that nobody likes so I went to the gay side so I had a better chance? Yeah? I knew it. I have half a mind to post a picture of me as my avatar...
onderfaceisponder:

Being gay is not all about sex, but sex IS in it, just as being straight is not all about sex, but sex is in it.
Also, you must keep in mind that for some people it IS all about sex, just as in some straight relationships its all about sex. Everyone is diffrent. For example, when me and my boyfriend met, we didn't have sex for almost a year. In most relationships at my age (18) sex has to occur by a 3 or 6 month deadline. We didn't want it to just "Happen" we wanted it to be special, and we also wanted to make sure that we had feelings for each other and that it wasn't all just to get in each others pants.

BTW, the leading proponent of gay marriage is Harry Hay, who is also the founder of NAMBLA. So how do you listen to the rhetoric within the gay community about marriage, whose words come from Harry Hay? Are his words something to be cherished? He was the one who preaches the gay marriage message of which all other discussions are based on. www.nambla.org...

I have no clue who the **** that is.

For those who would deny the expression of mutually felt love and affection, we say believe what you will but do not invent harm where there is none.

Again, exactly what the OP states. Don't tell me there is a difference in language because the words are exactly the same.

Yeah, so? These are logical arguments, and this guy is saying what we are all saying. I don't this I said this in the OP, but I did say this in the thread. And so what? What point are you trying to make here? That im using the same arguments as pro gay leaders? Oh my, thats unheard of!

Did you ever think it was because they made SENSE?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
To me, gender/sex role isn't the essence of who we are. If you can change your gender with some surgery and hormones, it can't be a point of identity on a soul level. You may think of yourself as one thing now, but you weren't always that and won't always be that. It seems like something we shouldn't be hung up on. That's a spiritual view, of course.

At one point (and even now) in history, it was morally wrong to marry someone of another race or religion. Why do we have all of these 'rules'? Howard Zinn had some ideas about that. He thought it was brainwashing to keep us separate and divided-within self and from others. United we stand....divided we fall. Society has been controlled via religion, government, education, science and culture.

Religion needs to be separated from an actual connection to the creative intelligence some call God. Religion is about someone else being the connection and telling you what God says you should do. I don't trust any organized religion or their books. I don't need a book or a go-between.

My source told me that none of this stuff matters....religion, culture, etc. It's all a choice. (I know Christians are now nodding and thinking that I am in touch with Satan or Lucifer instead of God. That's just brainwashing to prevent them from making their own connection and leaving the controlling wings of the church - in my own personal opinion.)

Isn't there something in that book about loving thy neighbor, not casting stones nor judging others? The fire burns he who holds it. I'd let go of any fiery opinions about how others live their lives if I were a Christian.

Some Native American Indians called gay people '2 spirited'. They were often shamans or considered gifted. Here's an excerpt from the above link:

Claire R. Farrer, an anthropologist who has “gone native” in the best sense of the term, reports on the present situation among the Mescalero Apache: “Multigendered adult people at Mescalero are usually presumed to be people of power. Because they have both maleness and femaleness totally entwined in one body, they are known to be able to ‘see’ with the eyes of both proper men and proper women. They are often called upon to be healers, or mediators, or interpreters of dreams, or expected to become singers or others whose lives are devoted to the welfare of the group. If they do extraordinary things in any aspect of life, it is assumed that they have the license and power to do so and, therefore, they are not questioned.”

edit on 14/11/11 by RainbeauBleu because:
Added more...

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

. . . homsexuals are born the way they are, that it is genetic, that logic would leads us to believe that paedophiles are also born that way & cannot do anything about it.

Yes.

I do believe pedophilia is part of a genetic makeup - - or more likely in the brain makeup.

Brain scans are part of new science and revealing that even criminals are born. We are more born who we are according to Brain scan science - - then ever known before.

Even the ability to dance is in the brain.

"New Medicine" is talking about more medical treatments via brain manipulation.

Homosexuality was once considered a psychiatric disease too.

I think there are still countries that do not have laws against Pedophilia.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

If as your video states homsexuals are born the way they are, that it is genetic, that logic would leads us to believe that paedophiles are also born that way & cannot do anything about it.

Yet paedophiles are considered scum of the earth who deserve execution.

We have very strict laws to punish them.

I'm sure many homosexuals think paedophiles are disgusting.

From a scientific point of view, if being gay is acceptable, we would have to accept paedophilia too.

I'm not saying paedophilia is right, it a horrible thing.

edit on 12-11-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

Im not replying to many, but I am going to reply to this one because your ignorance is hurting my eyes.

You say that since homosexuality is genetic (which it is not, but It is affected by unchangeable biological influences) therefore so is paedophilia. Where is your proof that paedophilia is biological? You have none, and you feel the need to make this up why? This statement makes no logical sense.

He's got a very valid point. Where is your proof that homosexuality is biologicle? For every one you show, I will find and show you a contradictory study that says otherwise.

Homosexuals nor have anyone else, proven that it is biologicle or genetic. Just as none have proven that it's a choice. Personaly I feel it's nothing more than a choice and feelings based upon .... something. I will go as far as saying trauma, but perhaps not always. Yet, I feel and very much believe it is a responce based upon one trigger or another. Dreams, sexual perversion (lil too much sexuality pumping - admit it.. many homosexuals are very permiscuois, right? Sure, many strait guys are too, but I'm curious if homosexuals are more active than the norm - perhaps a valid reason for their choices.... A Nympho that perhaps found an easier rout to their fun?) Sorry.. that's what I believe. I have my reasons why. I've mentioned as to why in another very long thread about this subject. Untill you can show me otherwise, I'll continue to think that bio or genetic homo's are a bunch of crap.

Is it really bad to call someone a homo when its ok to call them a homosexual? I never got that. I understand that they get upset for using the short version of an acceptable lable... How odd

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

None what so ever

Think of it this way, since you obviously dont get it the simple way he's trying to explain it to you.

A tribe of natives dwell in a place that they at some point, consider home. An alien people comes in and starts changing the way that native people live, hunt, survive, etc.

Is this right?

So... Take a majority people and put them in a country. Suddenly introduce an act that has been considered disgusting from generation to generation for perhaps thousands of years. Tell those people that the act that they consider appauling is wrong and their ways have to change to allow you do as YOU see fit, without giving a rats ass how those people lived all their lives. Then tell them that the one thing they believed in, which is sacred to them, will be tarnished by you openly taking part in this ritual, which in turn, not only makes a mockery of that ritual, but causes those people to reflect less on that practice, making it less important to them.

Is this right?

...or is it only BS when it applies to non homosexuals?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

edit on 14-11-2011 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

. www.nambla.org...

I have no clue who the **** that is.

Yeah, so? These are logical arguments, and this guy is saying what we are all saying. I don't this I said this in the OP, but I did say this in the thread. And so what? What point are you trying to make here? That im using the same arguments as pro gay leaders? Oh my, thats unheard of!

Did you ever think it was because they made SENSE?

You are saying you don't know NAMBLA and yet you said the writer of the site for pedophilia makes sense? And the guy was not pro-gay, he was pro-pedophilia. You didn't click on the link, did you?

So according to you....the pedophiles at NAMBLA make sense?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

He's got a very valid point. Where is your proof that homosexuality is biologicle? For every one you show, I will find and show you a contradictory study that says otherwise.

Homosexuals nor have anyone else, proven that it is biologicle or genetic. Just as none have proven that it's a choice. Personaly I feel it's nothing more than a choice and feelings based upon .... something. I will go as far as saying trauma, but perhaps not always. Yet, I feel and very much believe it is a responce based upon one trigger or another. Dreams, sexual perversion (lil too much sexuality pumping - admit it.. many homosexuals are very permiscuois, right? Sure, many strait guys are too, but I'm curious if homosexuals are more active than the norm - perhaps a valid reason for their choices.... A Nympho that perhaps found an easier rout to their fun?) Sorry.. that's what I believe. I have my reasons why. I've mentioned as to why in another very long thread about this subject. Untill you can show me otherwise, I'll continue to think that bio or genetic homo's are a bunch of crap.

Is it really bad to call someone a homo when its ok to call them a homosexual? I never got that. I understand that they get upset for using the short version of an acceptable lable... How odd

Ok, first, they have speculated and found evidence that the female body sees the embryo as a "intruder" and attacks it with estrogen. They think that this is related to sexuality, also brain scans of gay MALES have shown that a part of the brain that controls sexual desires is more similer to a FEMALES than a males. Google it if you want, (Note: Yes, so in some ways homosexuality is a birth defect. Oh well.)

Also, the only reason you think we are over sexual horndogs is because of the media. MANY of us are NOT that way, in fact I didn't lose my virginity untill I was like 16, (I live in reno, where there are cases of 12-13 year olds getting pregnant)

Also, the reason we do not like being called "Homo" is because we do not like being called "Homosexual" or "Gay" or any other word related to sexuality. I do not want to be "your gay friend." Why can't I be your smart friend? Your blonde friend? Your friend who likes to camp? Your baker friend?

Although online gay is my defineing point because I want to get a message across, it is not so IRL.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Im not exactly sure what your getting at, but if your going to go on the " gays want to take away straight rights " thing, im down for that. I have no desire to make you unhappy.

Also, Homosexuality has been practiced just as long as heterosexuality, as since we evolved from animals, and they practiced it, we practiced it.

Can you please put your argument into.. stupid terms?

EDIT: I re-read it and get it now.
My old argument still stands, but it seems YOU dont understand somthing.
In almost all of europe. homosexuality is not disgusting. In rome, homosexuality was not disgusting. In many african civilizations, homosexuaity was not disgusting. You see? your logic is flawed. Just because YOU think it is disgusting, does not mean EVERYONE in all of TIME thought so.

In some ways, your trying to tell us that its wrong when for thousands of years it has been right.
edit on 14-11-2011 by darkredfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Nope. I was talking about the progay guy.
I assumed it was a progay site, and I see no reason in learning anything more about progay arguments, as, well, I sort of know them all.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
Tell those people that the act that they consider appauling is wrong and their ways have to change to allow you do as YOU see fit, without giving a rats ass how those people lived all their lives. Then tell them that the one thing they believed in, which is sacred to them, will be tarnished by you openly taking part in this ritual, which in turn, not only makes a mockery of that ritual, but causes those people to reflect less on that practice, making it less important to them.

EXCUSES!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

And as previously stated, if he was reffering to homosexuality as the "Disgusting practice that is "new" than he would be EXTREMELY wrong.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join