Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Is there a religon that accepts homosexuality?

page: 7
6
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkredfish
reply to post by WarminIndy
 


Nope. I was talking about the progay guy.
I assumed it was a progay site, and I see no reason in learning anything more about progay arguments, as, well, I sort of know them all.


The "progay" guy was not talking about being gay, but about being an accepted pedophile. It would help if you actually looked at the link instead of assuming. But I still want to know why people who promote gay marriage, never look at the sources of their rhetoric. Why admire Harry Hay on the one had, but ignore his own pedophilia organization on the other?

BTW, before you assume I am a "gay hater", please understand that my own grandfather was gay and was a transvestite in the late 1940s and 1950s. So please don't assume things about me.
edit on 11/15/2011 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)




posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy
 


Your misunderstanding. I do not idolize this guy, in fact, I don't even know who the **** this guy is, as I have stated again and again. I see what your trying to get at here, the ageold "Gays are rapist/child molesters" argument, which is almost as big of BS as creationism.

I dont know who this guy is, but yet I advocate gay marrige. Most the arguments I spew are not spoon fed to me by the media and pop culture, they come from my daily life and observations I obtain from it.

Just because you are a christian does not mean you follow the pope, just because you watch football does not mean you watch the superbowl, and just because you advocate gay rights does not mean you follow this guy.



posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by darkredfish
 


I liked your old avatar better darkredfish, battling all those ignorant fundies makin you a little more steely and aggressive perhaps?



posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf
 


Lol I just got tired of it, if you look closely my name is in the corner



posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by locololo
reply to post by darkredfish
 


I believe the Wiccans acknowledge homosexuality. Honestly my belief is that you tell all those people that if they are watching judging and crap, they shouldn't be in church and they are breakign the commandments. Tell them how they are sinners and going to suffer in purgatory for their judging, or tell them to show you where in the bible it says anything about not allowing homosexuals to exist in church.

That's what i do at least


Well, I am a Wiccan for a very long time, and I know a lot of other Wiccans. Wiccans do not judge anyone for what they do, period. Live, and let live. Sexual preference is a private thing, not to be practiced in public, just like a lot of other things are of a private nature. Wiccans are peaceful, but will fight a battle if necessary. Wiccans to not "convert," if you wish to be a Wiccan, follow our creed, and study for a year and a day. And never, ever stop learning. And be prepared for good minded Christians telling you that you are a Satan follower, and that you are in consort with Demons, and that the Feminine Divine is the Whore of Babylon. You will hear those things over and over.



posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by darkredfish
 


Any religion that accepts something that goes against nature , can not have any good that comes from it. If God created nature , why would he make something that is suppose to go against it? Things work in harmony. Homosexual tendacy's are simply not Natural , and go against nature. Sodomy is wrong for men and women because it is unclean.

Do you see why the Christian God doesnt allow it? Its not perfect , and its not clean. Sex will not even be needed in heaven because it is a FLESHLY desire. God is of the spirit. Why would a spirit need sex?



posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by darkredfish
 


Any religion that accepts something that goes against nature , can not have any good that comes from it. If God created nature , why would he make something that is suppose to go against it? Things work in harmony. Homosexual tendacy's are simply not Natural , and go against nature.


Not this again.

Nature really isn't that smart by the way. However - the "mixed soup" of living things is without limits.

Same sex attraction has been witnessed and proven in all living creatures. Real Life is not a book or mythology.

Not all gays have anal sex. Some feel it is unnatural and unclean.

Many heteros do have anal sex.

Just to clear things up.



posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12
 
Which of the Christian Gods are you talking about? There are 18 of them in the KJV Bible alone. Name your God, friend.



posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by milkyway12
 
Which of the Christian Gods are you talking about? There are 18 of them in the KJV Bible alone. Name your God, friend.



One interesting fact I learned about ancient middle eastern religions, "name" is more like "title"/"purpose"/"function". So when Moses asked the name of God he was really asking God's purpose. God replied with a name emphasizing the covenant with Abraham. The more important gods such as Marduk had many names. Also when the New Testament talks about believers having their "names" written in the book of life or whatever, I think that means believers have a purpose or role in the Kingdom of Heaven

(I'm just saying this, because I thought it was interesting. I know it is irrelevant to the discussion
)
edit on 15-11-2011 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by theRhenn
Tell those people that the act that they consider appauling is wrong and their ways have to change to allow you do as YOU see fit, without giving a rats ass how those people lived all their lives. Then tell them that the one thing they believed in, which is sacred to them, will be tarnished by you openly taking part in this ritual, which in turn, not only makes a mockery of that ritual, but causes those people to reflect less on that practice, making it less important to them.


EXCUSES!


Excuse? Why is it an excuse? That's not a very valid counter argument. Sorry miss, I find no reason to use excuses. I'm a bit too old for such things.

If you cant accept a comparison, then offer something of your own.



posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by theRhenn
Tell those people that the act that they consider appauling is wrong and their ways have to change to allow you do as YOU see fit, without giving a rats ass how those people lived all their lives. Then tell them that the one thing they believed in, which is sacred to them, will be tarnished by you openly taking part in this ritual, which in turn, not only makes a mockery of that ritual, but causes those people to reflect less on that practice, making it less important to them.


EXCUSES!


Excuse? Why is it an excuse? That's not a very valid counter argument. Sorry miss, I find no reason to use excuses. I'm a bit too old for such things.

If you cant accept a comparison, then offer something of your own.


We have. Again. and again. and again.
But yet you fall into the same arguments, while each of ours is fresh and new, yours have been bashed to death, but still seem to be undying.

Also, maybe you should tell your other antigay christian friends (not saying your christian. because I do not know) that they are too old for excuses too. If you think about it, what most christians do is use the bible as an excuse, they do this by taking words from the bible without THINKING about the meaning of them. I don't do this, I filter out fact from fiction, and fact from plausible reality.



posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
I'm a bit too old for such things.


Bet you I'm older then you.

I've learned over time - - most objections are Excuses.



posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee
 


Yes, pretty much all anti-gay arguments fall in to two catagories:

1. It's immoral because a 2,000 year old book said so, but actually didn't say so untill the mid 1900's, and in fact the church used to reguarly practice same sex marriges untill public opinion changed in the dark ages. Did you know that the King James bible was translated for a gay man, and that the reason there are so many antigay messages in it is because they wanted to get back at the king but not get imprisoned, so they wrote bad things about his sexuality in there, and being a devout christian, he could not deny it because he could not translate it himself.

2. (The more childish one) EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWIE!!!!!

And my response is: You dont have to watch us.....



posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Also, how can you say homosexuality is immoral?

* Is anyone hurt in the process? No.
* Is anyone denying any rights in the process? Only the public.
* Is anyone losing somthing important in the process? No.
* Is anyone being taken advantage of? No more than a straight relationship.
* Is anyone unhappy during the process? No.

If you can prove to me how homosexuality is immoral without bringing out a ancient book, I might put some thought into it.



posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkredfish
Also, how can you say homosexuality is immoral?

* Is anyone hurt in the process? No.
* Is anyone denying any rights in the process? Only the public.
* Is anyone losing somthing important in the process? No.
* Is anyone being taken advantage of? No more than a straight relationship.
* Is anyone unhappy during the process? No.

If you can prove to me how homosexuality is immoral without bringing out a ancient book, I might put some thought into it.


Logic does not work when arguing with those who simply have "faith". I grew up in an extremely religious family and began arguing/questioning at about 10 years old. There is NO WAY to make someone who believes something on faith alone see logic. You can pull out documentation and science and fact and empirical evidence until you are blue in the face but there is no way you can ever trump "because the Bible says so". EVER. It's like screaming at a wall.



posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by dagobert
You can pull out documentation and science and fact and empirical evidence until you are blue in the face but there is no way you can ever trump "because the Bible says so". EVER. It's like screaming at a wall.


And this is the majority that is making decisions on the rights of others.

Why religion is allowed by the US government to vote as a majority against the rights of a minority - - - is still beyond my understanding.

Fortunately recent polls do show a slight edge in support of equal rights.



posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
edit on 16-11-2011 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench
 


just so you know, i am following the wiccan initiation training of a year and a day, but i also have a friend that is a wiccan, and because of who she is, and the gifts she gives me, i am already considered evil and blah blah blah. So please do not attempt to cause insult by trying to act as if i do not know something, because you may fail miserably.



posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by locololo
 


Umm... auto IS a wiccan loco...



posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by locololo
reply to post by autowrench
 


just so you know, i am following the wiccan initiation training of a year and a day, but i also have a friend that is a wiccan, and because of who she is, and the gifts she gives me, i am already considered evil and blah blah blah. So please do not attempt to cause insult by trying to act as if i do not know something, because you may fail miserably.


I don't understand this post.





new topics

top topics



 
6
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join