It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a religon that accepts homosexuality?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by darkredfish

If as your video states homsexuals are born the way they are, that it is genetic, that logic would leads us to believe that paedophiles are also born that way & cannot do anything about it.

Yet paedophiles are considered scum of the earth who deserve execution.

We have very strict laws to punish them.

I'm sure many homosexuals think paedophiles are disgusting.

From a scientific point of view, if being gay is acceptable, we would have to accept paedophilia too.

I'm not saying paedophilia is right, it a horrible thing.

edit on 12-11-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
If you want to find a religion that fits your dysfunction you have totally missed the point. A religion is something you live by not something you fit to your dysfunction.

What you are doing is no different to Christians that can't stop gambling or sleeping around or lying and refuse to give it up yet expect that faith to save them somehow.

I just can't get my head around what you are trying to do, it's so weird.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Excuse my very probable ignorance.
But I thought shopping was religion for gays.
Eh my jokes are really getting lame.
Why not create your own religion to suit your and like minded others' prejudices and needs?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by acrux

If as your video states homsexuals are born the way they are, that it is genetic, that logic would leads us to believe that paedophiles are also born that way & cannot do anything about it.

Yet paedophiles are considered scum of the earth who deserve execution.

We have very strict laws to punish them.

I'm sure many homosexuals think paedophiles are disgusting.

From a scientific point of view, if being gay is acceptable, we would have to accept paedophilia too.

I'm not saying paedophilia is right, it a horrible thing.

edit on 12-11-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

Your logic is flawed my friend...

Sexual relations with a child is quite different then a man loving another man.

Adults can make their own decisions, children cannot... and should not.

If one persons love for another is mutual, let it shine...

edit on 13-11-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I know that many, many people will disagree with me ....and think I am wrong....but I know I am not. Heaven does love and accepts gay people....if you are a good person....with good intentions.....and the condition of your soul and spirit are good....then when you pass away from this realm into the next...you will go to Heaven. Many, many gay people are good people.

As for which (man-made) religion accepts gay people....I right now do not know of any. I hope that there are some.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Though it may not seem so, I believe the central goal of all relgions is the same.This goal is to have an experience that proves man is divine, whether you see (lets say God or soul) outside or inside it is to prove that divinity is a certain reality, and that you want to continue life as a reflection of that reality. The laws or practices of each sect are to serve its members to achieve this goal of divine realization. I dont know, but those laws against being gay can be motivated by human intentions or as a divine rule to teach that homosexuality is infact an impediment to realization.

I have read (under the pre-tense of reincarnation)that a male oriented spirit may create itself a female body to learn specific lessons (and vise-versa), this could explain why some gays are repulsed by members of the opposite sex. That statement is obviously controversial, simillar to the idea that people born into lives of suffering might deserve it. I dont believe in those myself, but I dont entirely dismiss this human experience could work in those ways. I dont know the feeling of being gay, nor the stress of orientating myself in a world that is only slowly growing to accept me. So finding a church for you is much more than just god talk.
Churches and religions serve to the human experience of community, there is a practical need to find a community that will accept you. But this experience of community can often take over that central goal of divine realization.

This Parable from the Bible seems sort of relevant

The Parable of the Seven Brothers

Matthew 22:23-33 That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question. 24 “Teacher,” they said, “Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and have children for him. 25 Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother. 26 The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh.27 Finally, the woman died. 28 Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?” 29 Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. 31 But about the resurrection of the dead—have you not read what God said to you, 32 ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is not the God of the dead but of the living.”

I believe Jesus is pointing to the fact that we are divine beings, and that this thought of marriage, even gender, are not really a reflection of our divinity, and wont really matter in whatever there is after this human experience.

So yeah gay or straight you and all of us are as the angels are, divine, let that truth be the root of your search for a suitable institution.

In pure practical thought, the most accepting 'religion' I think you will find is buddhism. Or a new age branch of hinduism.

The best of luck!!

edit on 13-11-2011 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

I know that many, many people will disagree with me ....and think I am wrong....but I know I am not. Heaven does love and accepts gay people....if you are a good person....with good intentions.....and the condition of your soul and spirit are good....then when you pass away from this realm into the next...you will go to Heaven. Many, many gay people are good people.

As for which (man-made) religion accepts gay people....I right now do not know of any. I hope that there are some.

Why would an all loving God ever want to enforce something that only lessens the love in the world. Love thy neighbour is all Jesus wanted. There are very few quotes in the New Testament except some BS in Romans 1 26-27, but then all the New testament were written by Jesus' imperfect disciples many years after his death. And these guys clearly had their own issues both before and after hanging with JC

Romans 1:26-27

26For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

This quote is not attributed directly to Jesus, but is rather Paul himself giving instructions to various churches in Rome. Therefore it does not count. It is merely the opinion of Paul, an imperfect man (not Jesus) thinking he can speak the mind of God.

This anti-gay argument is null and void

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

A person doesn't actually have to be in a relationship to know they are gay or have gay tendancies.

Plenty of people are hetrosexual & single.

Whether in a relationship or not doesn't change the point of the genetic claim for a person sexual orientation.

edit on 13-11-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

You're assuming that anything natural is automatically good, which would suggest anything unnatural is bad. That's not how it works. Computers are not natural but you're using one. Is that a bad thing?

Pedophiles are born with their sickness like any other psycho/sociopath. It is natural, it cannot be changed, and when put into action, it is bad. What determines whether or not something is good or bad is the harm inflicted on non-consenting victims. Active pedophilia harms those with no natural disposition to the act. Rape is only natural for the rapist, not the victim.

Adult homosexuality is natural and cannot be changed; however unlike pedophilia, homosexuality when put into action does not inflict harm towards unwilling, unnaturally determined participants. There are no inherent victims. Well, unless you count the heartbreak of failed relationships. I guess by that standard any and all love is wrong.

edit on 13-11-2011 by Andvari because: sp

edit on 13-11-2011 by Andvari because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
What you do in the bedroom should be kept in the bedroom FULLSTOP

I'm Vagetarian ...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Burgo1010

Homosexuals don't wish to bring the bedroom into the streets. There is more to homosexual relationships than sex. If you wish for homosexuals to keep every aspect of their relationships hidden, it would only seem fair that heterosexuals must play by the same rules. Meaning... no more romantic dinner/movie nights, no hand holding, no introducing the wife to colleagues at parties, no wearing of wedding rings, no weddings to begin with, no mentions of being attached (you must always be publicly SINGLE) and oh yeah, no more dance clubs, bars, dating sites, and any other public establishment/service that could unleash or carry the implication of ones sexual nature. Can you agree to abide?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Andvari

Well said... though im sure pedophiles arn't born with a sickness...

Its likely a learned behaviour

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Andvari

I know exactly what your saying mate, I have homosexual and lesbian friends ffs but am fed up up of this im gay/straight crap ... love is love ... respect it

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
All do as I under stand it. You and I both know you don't go just to please others, people can only affect you if you let them and in the end you will not be answering to them but the (religon, deity) one or ones you have chosen. So be your self and enjoy life Ignore the haters.
And they will have to answer ( even for the stares and stuff, judge not etc.. ) to their chosen when the time comes.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by theruthlessone
please explain to me how been gay is natural its not is it because if it was then you would be able to pro-create but you cant can so if everyone was homosexual the worlds population would die out

simple so its un-natural its wrong and if the bible is true it will get you sent to hell

personally i have family and a few friends who are gay some open some closed and i tell them too its wrong and its un-natural its not right and we know that and just because its accepted does not make it right

your lack of understanding has to do with the wrong assumption that is implicit in your statement: "things that are natural aid to prcreation". this is wrong.

actually what is not natural is "right" or "wrong": these are mental constructs, nothing else.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Some folks repeat the extreme habits found in their environment while others do not. Growing up around violence (sexual or otherwise) can certainly trigger those naturally predisposed to sociopathic/psychopathic behavior, but environment alone won't create the disorder. Sexual sadists come from all walks of life. This coupled with the fact that they can't be reformed points to a natural cause.

It's unfortunate how discussion of homosexuality often leads to the topics of pedophilia, bestiality, or some other criminal/non-consensual sexual activity. It's rare for me to ask the average Christian why my getting married is wrong without hearing the response, "because then we'd have to let men marry horses!" Until people stop conflating these issues, homosexuals will continue to have a difficult time defending their existence.

As for religion: OP, if it causes you pain and is not spiritually healing, what's the point? I'm not sure there is any collective spiritual doctrine that can wholly validate a person. Even gay friendly churches are full of shame and judgment, it just manifests in other ways. I think it's most beneficial to explore the spiritual world without rules. Don't let organizations tell you where you stand with God. Only you and Him know what's in your heart.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
OP, I realize you said "religion" in your post but there are certainly are churches that accept homosexuals. My aunt used to be a minister with Metropolitan Community. They are an international church. Good luck!

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

How is that logic flawed? It's actually correct. If you have a chemical imbalance in your brain that makes you urdge a certain way, and that's perfectly ok, yet, a pedophile very well may have the same problem. Prove that they do not...

So how is it ok for you, but not the other? Just because one is an adult? lol

Have you spoken to many adults? I married one that had the mentality and the IQ of a 10 year old. She threw constant bull stumping tantrums like a child. She made horrible descisions on a daily basis. I highly doubt you can put ALL adults in the same spotlight. Not all people are mentaly equal, wether age is a factor or not.

To me, pedophiles are akin to gays in this manner.

....now watch how many people screw this part up! lol Which will further my point!

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

Umm thats definatly not the only source of this in the bible.

You're forgetting another important book... The Old Testament. So yes, Paul DID have a basis for his preaching... Most of what Jesus said was in relation to the Old Testament as well.

So umm.. Your argument is actually null and void.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andvari
reply to post by Burgo1010

Homosexuals don't wish to bring the bedroom into the streets. There is more to homosexual relationships than sex. If you wish for homosexuals to keep every aspect of their relationships hidden, it would only seem fair that heterosexuals must play by the same rules. Meaning... no more romantic dinner/movie nights, no hand holding, no introducing the wife to colleagues at parties, no wearing of wedding rings, no weddings to begin with, no mentions of being attached (you must always be publicly SINGLE) and oh yeah, no more dance clubs, bars, dating sites, and any other public establishment/service that could unleash or carry the implication of ones sexual nature. Can you agree to abide?

Why?

Why on earth should a whole people abide by something they feel is wrong in the first place? Just because you have simpathizers on one side, does not mean that it's right, correct, or even acceptable. Just because some poll says 30% of a country is ok with it... I can promise you that those polls are wrong. There are quite a few people that DO NOT speak up more less for the same reasons many people do not speak up about racial and genderal diffrences.

I am a free american. I do not have to accept homosexuality. I do not have to see it on a billboard while I'm driving. My children should not see homosexual activities on public TV. Yet.. commie bastards are changing everything I know about america and there isnt a damn thing we can do but accept it? Over my dead bloated corpse....

The only thing homosexuals accomplish here by comming out and wanting to be a vocal equal, is creating more hate and harm for themselves. Pick it apart however you like... The truth is the truth... I should not and will not accept something that is simply disgusting. I guess, the same way sex with a woman would name a homosexual man feel. So it goes both ways but my way was pretty much here first... Chicken or the Egg?

Definatly the Chicken... The very strait chicken.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join