Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Is there a religon that accepts homosexuality?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Sure, but at least this way, it'll give you incintive to actually go back and read what I typed before. I so hate repeating myself.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ringlejames

So then guns and knives must be evil too right, since they can kill people.
You made the choice don't blame Wicca for your Wicked.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
reply to post by Annee

Sure, but at least this way, it'll give you incintive to actually go back and read what I typed before. I so hate repeating myself.

You are one of those "I am not religious - but believe in God. I have gay friends - - but . . . "

You want proof of the negative "studies on the negatives how gays were molested/raped etc to persuade their "behavior" - - - but turn a blind eye to positive studies and personal testimonies of born gay.

Stop playing games.

You bring only your personal opinions/assumptions to this discussion.

I left my personal opinions/assumptions at the door long ago. I took it upon myself to educate myself.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
You are one of those "I am not religious - but believe in God. I have gay friends - - but . . . "

Really? How did you come by that?

I believe in something... I am spiritual. I dont believe in religion. I use it as a gerneral word that pretty much lables all beliefs. Specificly, I believe religion is evil.

I have gay friends.. Family.. In Laws.. Oh yeah.. did I mention Family? I have to add that a few times since there are more than just one or two. Actually, thinking about it here... 6 family members, some of them first cousins, in my family are gay... that I know of.

I hang out with them, so dont get your panties in a wad thinkin that I am the kind of person that hates someone for what they believe. This is mainly how I feel what I feel. Simply put... These family members are generaly close.. Still close enough to have a conversation with without someone getting hateful about it. This is something you just cant do with your average every day gay on the street. Why? I have no idea. Maybe it's PERSONAL for them. Guilt even? I dont know, I just know the outcome. So yes, we've had in depth discussions.

Me and my sister in law pick at each other constantly. She calls me a Fag... I call her a Dike. We cut up, we joke, we hug, she hangs by my side, we wrestle... and still she is a lesbian. And again.. We talk about this kind of stuff alot, whenever I have a question. She doesnt look down on me for my curiosity.

So, as you see, I have my own reasons, my own education and my own thoughts on this subject.

Ya know what... I found 1 VERY previlant thing that stands out with every single one of them... No, it's not that they all breathe, eat, walk, appear like one another... Yet I can gleen from what I know, and what I've been told, and what was discussed as to the very possible reason for being gay and lesbian. I've also heard some very startiling comments comming from most of them that leaves me to believe that it's a choice.

Why wont I share with you? Simply put... It wouldnt matter. You'd have your own opinion, and I could really care less if I changed it one slight little bit. Your OPINIONS are your own, just as mine are my own. Yet, I have my reasons as I've outlined to you specificly in the past. Still, the only thing you ever brought to the table was... I worked with them, So... Some of my family ARE them. I think they are a little more open with their feelings and personal stuff than the average guy or gal on the street. So I take what they say as my proof and what I've seen and what I've come to know. Unless you can show me counter evidence, which you never have, then why even bother arguing with me? Just go on your merry way and avoid your frustration. You know by now, miss, that I will argue with you on your points untill you show me something of real worth.

You want proof of the negative "studies on the negatives how gays were molested/raped etc to persuade their "behavior" - - - but turn a blind eye to positive studies and personal testimonies of born gay.

nope... I never turn a blind eye unless the information is biased. I have seen so called "positive" studies. All of which had no basis. All of which has also stated the obvious problems as to why it can not be stated as a fact. It's only theory and thoughts... There IS no proof. Had there been any, one would think that this would no longer be a question. Then, sure, I know the minds of many will still argue it.

Why else would I believe the world is still flat...?

The testimonies dont mean anything if I have conflicting testimonies. This is what you're not understanding perhaps...

Stop playing games.

You bring only your personal opinions/assumptions to this discussion.

I left my personal opinions/assumptions at the door long ago. I took it upon myself to educate myself.

But I must.. That's the only way I can find humor in this topic and the fact that you accept your ideal readily as fact, and even though you tell me to accept some sort of evidence that does not exist, any that I would give you, you would do the same. So how is that any diffrent?

I have brought more than assumptions and personal opinions to this discussion more than once. Even my "assumptions" hold more water than anything you put forth...

Still you're calling the kettle black when it's not. You accuse me of bringing assumptions and opinions, because working with a few gay people made you more enlightened... Wow... So, thats how it works huh? You're word is better than mine because......??? I'm still waiting...

You bring no more than you accuse me of lacking.

I consider this educating myself, and yet I have left, nor see any opinions/assumptions of mine in which you speak... if you find one, let me know... I'll compare it with yours as soon as I can! Promise!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by moonbeam13

Which is easier... to stab somebody shot them or just envision them dying a certain way?????

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by darkredfish

yeah nature does.

basic instinct

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

I did it out of hatred yes. Does that mean I truly wanted it??? It happened so I guess I did. But to my core I am sorry for it.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Read your posts on other threads.

Must say - - - responses to your posts were also quite revealing.
edit on 25-11-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ringlejames

My point was more that Wicca isn't bad and in fact the correction should be Witchcraft as Wicca has nothing harmful in it due to the Wiccan Rede. But my point was you can't blame the tools as they are just that tools.

The fact that you regret it and are sorry at least says you are not a bad person at heart just had some misguided intention always remember be careful what you wish for.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
well from the OP, it seems like the OPer is still interested in the faith... my question to the OPer is:
do you truly love God, our Father? is He number 1 in your life, as He should be?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I did it all based on binding circles and words from a wicca book

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Sorry dear... It's a great deal more complex than your simple mock up of me as a person.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Sorry dear... It's a great deal more complex than your simple mock up of me as a person.

Maybe you should read some of the responses to your posts in other threads.

The only one who seems to be impressed with you - - is you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Now - - back on topic.

Recently some organized religions have ordained gay ministers. Whether that means full acceptance or not - - I can't say.

But it is certainly a move in that direction.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Maybe you should read some of the responses to your posts in other threads.

The only one who seems to be impressed with you - - is you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Now - - back on topic.

Recently some organized religions have ordained gay ministers. Whether that means full acceptance or not - - I can't say.

But it is certainly a move in that direction.

Awe... were you tryin to take a wild stab at me??? Try much much harder.

I do read many of the responces that I can. To be honest, there arnt a whole lotta folks here that really take the time to actually constructively debate or converse on a subject. Why respond when it's a waste of time and effort. Like you, they only hear what they want to hear, see what they want and nothing else matters. Then, they go off in another line of dribble that has nothing to do with the subject at hand. It becomes back and forth jabs, much like I have with you.

No ministers that I would ever follow ordains gay and lesbian pastors, priests, ect... So what does that mean to me? It means there are a ton of churches and congrigations falling by the way side... Many who do not practice what they preach, or do not preach what is written. Take your pick.

Look miss... Why would I follow a religion when the people involved, even the "pulpiteer" themselves do not follow what is written. More than else, I certainly wouldnt follow one that double talked their way around what is plainly written in front of them, to suit their own needs. That's pretty much the same think I find in these responces. So why would I respond to something that talks itself in circles, avaiding the point by throwing other useless dribble in it to make some other point that was never addressed in the first place?

You're funny miss. I find myself enjoying these conversations with you because you make it soooo easy for me to respond with absolutly no thought what so ever.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Im pretty sure Atheism accepts homosexuals.

But, on a more serious note, i fully agree that its about time for our institutions to stop condemning and worrying about something that cannot be changed.

Pre-occupation with the afterlife can be a very dangerous thing.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClydeFrog42

I'm pretty sure Atheism accepts homosexuals.

Not necessarily. Atheists are not a group think - - they are individuals that have one thing in common - - lack of belief in a deity.

An Atheist could be against homosexuality for various reasons - - - just not god reasons.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

ah, i was just kidding, dubbing Atheism a religion as per usual.

But, your right

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Maybe instead of religion you should take up philosophy or spirituality.

Watch the movie called "What the bleep" or "The Secret". Go on YouTube and look up "Kabbalah"....

Look up Stoicism, Hedonism, Solipsism, there are so many ideas out there.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Something I read the other day that I found quite apt: "If you don't like gay people, blame straight people, they're the ones who keep having gay babies."

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I'll start with the fact that I'm hetro. I don't believe that any church that would accept gay or lesbians could claim to be teaching the word of God. To accept an other than Biblical precept would be subverting the word of God and later the Gospel. God made Adam, we all know, and then made Eve, to complete him, to make a path for the propagation of mankind, through birth. Thus the proper roles of man and woman. There was God's displeasure with the act of sodomy and homosexuality with the account of the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. Then references of displeasure and destruction towards the time of Ten Commandment's There are numerous accounts of God's displeasure with it, and and acceptance of it would be contrary, to God's commandments. Having said all that and laid out the reasoning, I would think a church that would accept homosexuals, would itself be suspect of 'pick and choosing' what to follow of God or Christ's teachings, and not a good source of guidance. If a church was willing to toss out parts of Gods word to cater to man, then it is likely to be apostate, and of little value, like the 'salt that has lost its flavor' So I really don't think you will find a real church where you will be fed the TRUTH, the WORD of God, because simply by accepting you, it will have ignored Gods Will. ........Does that make sense? And I assume changing your lifestyle is out of the question, the choice rests upon you. There are some things you cant have if you indulge in the other, it kind of becomes an oxymoron. Think in terms of orthodox (the concept), and you will understand my reasoning. So...... the closest.... maybe... Where two or more are gathered in My name, there am I also..... that might work for you, not so much outwardly, but inwardly. Look, God's not going to change for anyone or on any Truth He has ordained. It's just how it is.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join