It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Christmas Tree Is Pretty. Oh, And It's Also A Pagan Obelisk

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I've never looked at a Xmas tree, and seen a phallus

On the other hand, Pagans do know how to have a good time

I welcome any festival that does not involve sacrifice, although I like a good turkey dinner......

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
On this I totally disagree and really don't care. The festival of lights in the pagan days was natural, this is the most misreable time of year. I am holistic, can take from anywhere.

Xmass trees are beautiful, they delight and charm children.

The Crapola stuff tptb keep trying to shove out at people with all their coding hoping to make them guilty with some karma is just that, crapola.

I write in the sand with my own finger, like Christ.

We've redeemed everyday they've thrown at us. Xmass, valentines, easter, halloween, all for the people, the children, all days of love and joy. kids love communities coming together and giving them a big fun day called halloween. We take their ugly things and turn them to joy. That is what the Light does, it transforms everything.

Live by the intent of you heart. And fear not, have love.
edit on 11-11-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Guys,

Yeah, It's the Sun God.

But that information is entirely useless unless you are able to trace the whole thing back.

See, that's the deal. This information is slung around without anyone fully understanding it. So, all the kids that would rather do something else at Christmas and shock their parents, (which juveniles love to do) can get a free pass by jumping on board with the 'Christmas has it's roots in Paganism crowd.

See? It is useful to different people with different axes to grind.

The real mystery is that we have always worshiped a Sun God, at least for the last 5000 years and nothing has changed. There is a deeper mystery here than 'Christmas is Fake'. That's why I get riled over this. And that is why I believe that the information that the OP tried to get out on this thread is only going to be really meaningful to very few. For the rest it is just a whetstone to sharpen your axe with. And if you don't know anything about trees beyond what is convenient to you then your axe is useless no matter how sharp it is.

Whoever the tree belonged to previously it now belongs to Jesus Christ.

I am amused that every year we have these Atheists, or whoever they are, throwing hissy fits because their stupid tree has been appropriated.

edit on 11-11-2011 by Frater210 because:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Prince Albert brought the Christmas tree to the English Court. Queen Victoria loved the idea and everyone took up the tradition.
My Christmas tree is phallically challenged in a spiky leaved, cone covered, tree like way. smiles.
is phallically a word?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

There's actuall no connection... Or is there!?

If you are good enough, there is a connection from everything to everything else. But we have seen that trick before.

Next.

And , there you go, TimeWalker wins the foot race to our distant past.

I get it guys, lots of people have gone down this path looking for #. I hope you find the # you are looking for.
You will probably find me on the path there along the way looking for # as well.

Anyway, sorry to be disruptive. Have fun.

You might also check Gilgamesh, Mithras and Tammuz. But I bet you knows that already.

Merry Christmas.

P.S. If you really want to focus on the tree then you need to pursue Tammuz. I'm not going to link anything because that would spoil the fun. This does not, however, mean that Tree does not now belong to Jesus.

You know, there are so many horticultural references in the words of Jesus that one might have thought he was a Druid. Just saying.

edit on 11-11-2011 by Frater210 because: .

edit on 11-11-2011 by Frater210 because: Mm Hm

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

Right. It's the same story over and over. Now it belongs to Jesus. Nothing bad here, it's just our ever cycling story.

Heretics..

Time to dig in to Sumeria I guess.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
A symbol only has the meaning somoene gives to it.

It doesn't matter what it meant to someone in the past, it means something different to me today.

I get a good laugh when I see these types of threads pop up every Christmas...you can just tell the OP thinks he is really on to something and that he is going to ruin Christmas for everyone

I'll be putting up my Christmas tree in a few weeks, and me and my family will give the tradition it's own meaning.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Some people have not been exposed to this information, and will find it interesting. Why don't we let those new to this information wrap their intellect around it for a while...
edit on 11/11/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

Oh don't lie...

Now what were your real motives?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I can trace everything back to Kevin Bacon. Not Francis Bacon, Kevin Bacon.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Veritas1
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

That also reminds me of this verse in the bible that I suppose could be representative of christmas trees:

1 Hear what the LORD says to you, O house of Israel. 2 This is what the LORD says:
“Do not learn the ways of the nations
or be terrified by signs in the sky,
though the nations are terrified by them.
3 For the customs of the peoples are worthless;
they cut a tree out of the forest,
and a craftsman shapes it with his chisel. 4 They adorn it with silver and gold;
they fasten it with hammer and nails
so it will not totter. -Jeremiah 10 1-4.

I agree totally that there is so much in this world that if just symbolistic BS and also wish people would just wake up and see how they are destroying thier soul's. Materialism is almost the same as being satanic, and consumerism is the worst type of country to have.... but we are screwed here in the states, id move somewhere else but cant get up enough money to do shist, its an ever revolving cluster phuck over here.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Am I the only one here who hates the fact that the trees we cut down for Christmas would have had another 40+ years to live if we had just left them alone? I like Christmas as a holiday, don't get me wrong. Yet this tradition in particular saddens me no end, especially seeing trees left in the lots after the holidays, trees dying on the curbs waiting for pickup ... ??? What a wanton waste of life, but, "at least everyone had a good time over the holidays".

I'm never happy seeing them in the room, it's great when they're artificial.
Good research in the OP, and thanks for the awareness.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Addendun:

While I do not plan on putting up a Christmas tree, I do however have a lamp in the shape of an obelisk, a statue of Venus/Aphrodite centered on my dining room table, and a cat who enjoys sitting on a reproduction of a tablet of Egyptian heiroglyphics in proximity to a pair of Pharoh bookends propping up my zombie movie collection. Who would have thunk it?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Some people have not been exposed to this information, and will find it interesting. Why don't we let those new to this information wrap their intellect around it for a while...
edit on 11/11/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

Oh don't lie...

Now what were your real motives?

I saw that the Rockefeller Center tree is going up and thought this was a timely time for this thread. Now, back to my plans for world domination...

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
A symbol only has the meaning somoene gives to it.

It doesn't matter what it meant to someone in the past, it means something different to me today.

I get a good laugh when I see these types of threads pop up every Christmas...you can just tell the OP thinks he is really on to something and that he is going to ruin Christmas for everyone

I'll be putting up my Christmas tree in a few weeks, and me and my family will give the tradition it's own meaning.

I'm onto nothing new. I would call this thread a "feature" piece. Just a little bit of the old information dissemination. Nothing more.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210
Guys,

Yeah, It's the Sun God.

But that information is entirely useless unless you are able to trace the whole thing back...
The real mystery is that we have always worshiped a Sun God, at least for the last 5000 years

I contend that the Sumerian civilization was a mere remnant of a greater, technologically advanced society that existed beyond the annals of known recorded history. The traditions have become twisted beyond recognition. "A Canticle for Leibowitz" by Walter M. Miller, Jr comes to mind. Fertility rites... repopulate the Earth.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by volafox

I am a christian lady and I do not put up a christmas tree.
I have not put up a tree since 1985.I know that the tree is
pagan in its' origins,a lot of christians don't believe it.
They love christmas and trees and presents and santa...
These things have nothing to do with Yeshua/Jesus.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Not being Christian myself, I put up my yule tree (artificial) as a way of celebrating the continuation of nature through the winter.

I see no relevance or significance to obelisks, nor any similarities to fir and pine trees.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I prefer artificial or a potted tree. This year we have no room for our tree so plan to hang ornaments around the house, we made the sunroom into a bedroom to separate the 2 youngest, and this is a very crowded house for furniture. But, otherwise there are ways to create ornamental trees, without killing a real tree. Its illegal in Canada to just grab a tree in the woods, and also, the ones they sell in the store are the same batch from Nov on so by the time xmass comes along they're dry and dangerous.

And I don't care about religious traditions or fundmanetalist views. Or the gnostic mystery school sociopaths and their tricks.

Thats what they want fear based, control. There is no God/Goodness above us, (I don't honor demiurges), that is a rule book carrier and all those petty little rules are irrelevant.

The things we really need to worry about is: the poor, the homeless, our government corruptions, the laws and abuses of authority, wars, and poisons, and our wilingness to STAND UNDER ANYONE. Instead of the virtues in our hearts. I don't care if a past religion or pagan group of any kind used any dates.

Man you need to look at all the dates we're using to understand that its AS ABOVE SO BELOW, the astrology in the books, and thats what the bible is. The real hunt is for the real Christ. And what we feel about that. Because the message given is still the way back home, minus all the props and all the religious and all the corruption.

Xmass trees are beautiful and make kids happy. Its up to us to decide what we value in the holiday season.

God is NOT A TYRANT! God is Goodness of the highest standards. Redeem each day, choose what makes you feel good for family traditions and value what you see in it, and don't accept anyone else's programs ever.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
Not being Christian myself, I put up my yule tree (artificial) as a way of celebrating the continuation of nature through the winter.

I see no relevance or significance to obelisks, nor any similarities to fir and pine trees.

This is what pagans did and one of the origins of the Christmas tree. They
desperately wanted to see summer return and saw the green man / divine spirit
still alive in evergreen trees and plants. Therefore they brought these plants
inside at the darkest time of year/winter solstice.

The hymn 'the holly and the ivy' stems from this tradition. The green man had the form
of the oak king in the summer and holly king in winter.

I don't doubt that there may be some similarities between obelisks, xmas trees
and sun worship but I think the main origin of the xmas tree is to do
with holding onto the spark of life over Winter.

For the record 'pagan' and 'heathen' mean 'country folk' not
people related to nefarious cults. Sure some pagans were good, some
not so good, it doesn't necessarily follow that Xmas trees are bad. The blind
acceptance of rituals and symbols is kind of dumb though. I would say at least
find out what is behind it before you follow it.

edit on 11-11-2011 by DrHammondStoat because: spellingz

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
There is something that needs to be paid attention to. The leaders, the black ops and tptb, have sold humans out to negative, I kind of think of them as demons, bascially shadow side, not progressing or loving group. And they thrive off pain, dracos/vamps. Because they're not progressing with the light and goodness and growing their spirit/soul consciousness. Our leaders believe, because they've been LIED TO, that they're going to benefit for what they've done to the world and us, that they're going to achieve immortality. Its not true. They won't like their next steps at all. Because there is no promotion there except for getting out and progressing when their able to, its just all the pain and harm shoved on them. And we need to rescue as many of them from this abyss as we can.

But what they don't like is that all their codings, and traps, and baptisms, and symbology, and computer codes/spells and language is all irrelevant. It don't count worth beans. It always has to do with the intent and belief of a persons heart, and also has to do, with the concept of "shotgun" marriage, ie, choices are not equal, for selecting somehting else.

So, realizing their error, they've tried to release this info to the public hoping to make us feel bad, and entrap us somehow. I recommend always praying for direction, thanking God/Goodness for all of our gifts, foods, joys, happiness, and being of good cheer, and handing back to them their own karma, and transforming everything else.

The xmass tree is one example.

Another would be, just before Easter they make threads and articles on Blood Chocolate, just to try and entrap people who are buying chocolates for their kids.

But here is the problem. They control the food industry, and the stores, and your life isn't like a pioneer's any more. If you were to try and live like that, you wouldn't be able to balance work and getting kids to school, and if you have the money to opt out, they can remove your kids. so all this idea of ,you have choice, is a LIE. But we need food. Chocolate is incredibly good for you.

www.utexas.edu...

Chocolate Milk Gives Athletes Leg-up After Exercise, Says University of Texas at Austin Study

Now, is it our karma that they stopped dealing with world farmers decently and started killing the villagers and farmers, secretly from 1960's on, and took over the land and enslaved the children?????

Or is it theres. We still have the basic right to have our food, healthy, to have good fair trade, to have Governments do the jobs they, as mere managers hired by the people, should be doing to ensure only legal and decent practices are carried out.

Guess what, it's THEIR KARMA. They, not us, did the illegal things behind our back. THEY ,not us, have all these secret crimes and if laid out clearly should go to jail.

Because the system should be working, ethically and in good ways. THEY are the reason its not.

We need to grow up alot more. Plus you know what, most of us can't afford fair trade chocolate and its not readily available.

So, the XMASS trees, same deal. Just before Xmass they try to shove the karma on us. I shove it back, and with a stern lecture.

Edit to add: Its whole real organic food and certified raw milk, organic and chocolate that is good for you. And that should be readily availbable world wide, for all people, and only organic and raw natural, and if flavored, done so properly, naturally, in either a no money system or else controlled prices like Norway.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join