It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Have They Done To Us? Remember When Men And Women Looked And Acted Like Men And Women?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Men who acted and looked like men wearing,dress shirts, suits and ties and women who looked and acted like women wearing dresses goes back a lot longer than the 1950's...It was the same in the 1940's,1930's,1920's,1910's and earlier than that...Right through the 1800's and even further into the past...

I prefer the other good old days, when men acted like men wearing skirts, long hair, and carrying swords.

Although, I would have to admit that my favorite "good old days" were when men acted like men wearing too much make-up and worshiped arcane Gods:

You know, now that I think of it, all of my male goth friends are men who wear too much make-up and worship arcane Gods.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

I basically asked my co-workers to "define" as best they could what a "man" was and then what a "woman" was without defaulting to simply anatomy.

Anatomy is all we need to judge "masculinity" or "femininity." Anything else we do, like how we dress or whether we keep our hair short or long, is irrelevant to our biology.

Being male myself, I can parade around in a dress or a suit and tie, and either way, I am masculinity expressing itself.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I have to agree with everything you said. I can accept generations changing over time, but now it seems like girls are becoming guys and guys are becoming girls
. Here's what I'm talking about...

Girls swear, get tattoos, lift weights, get into fights, drink too much, burp, fart, sleep around, pee in public, dance like they're having sex and have become aggressive.

Boys wear earrings, shave their chest and back, sag their pants low to show cleavage, some wear tight hip huger pants, they wear several gold necklaces around their necks, some braid their hair, wear piercings, wear bracelets, use body lotion and cook.

Pretty soon we won't be able to tell the difference!!!!

edit on 8-11-2011 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.
reply to post by Sly1one

I basically asked my co-workers to "define" as best they could what a "man" was and then what a "woman" was without defaulting to simply anatomy.

Anatomy is all we need to judge "masculinity" or "femininity." Anything else we do, like how we dress or whether we keep our hair short or long, is irrelevant to our biology.

Being male myself, I can parade around in a dress or a suit and tie, and either way, I am masculinity expressing itself.

This simply isn't true, testosterone doesn't "parade around in a dress"...you are denying your inherent male phisiology if you think it doesn't matter how you act. The physical differences between men and women facilitate/hinder certain behaviors. Testosterone facilitates agressive/protective/survival based behavior testosteron by no streatch of the imagination will inspire a man to do dishes...or laundry...or vaccume or wear a dress...etc...

we are the only animal on the planet who is so horribly lost and confused with gender/role issues that we forget that there is a difference between men and women, and it goes beyond simple anatomy, or at least it did. This is what the persuit of equality has done, in our arrogance we have equlized that which was never designed or intended to be equal.

When you describe the differences between black and white or any other polar opposites for that matter its all encompassing. Polar opposites compliment eachother and we are losing that in our gender identification. Men and women don't compliment eachother anymore outside of the bedroom. Some male/female role aspects have stayed in place on the "family" level but on a societial level they are almost completely gone.

masculenity isn't based simply from having a penis...Its based on the overall all emcompassing phsiology of their gender, testosterone, horomones etc...that phisiology facilitates/exhibits certain behavior traits that for the most part have all been criminilized...

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by discharged77

" I do not understand why so many people believe its ok to change the rules of the majority to appease the few? Thats why we are in the mess we are in today. "

They are Not the Many , but the Few . They coerce those in Politics to do their Bidding . The Liberal Left , the Christian Right , and those of us ( The Majority ) in the Middle who let them get away with it without so much as a Hell No ! in response . While we go on with our Daily Lives , these Groups Attack us constantly with their Bully Pulpit
Rhetoric about how we should lead our Lives according to their Extreme Beliefs . Best to Silence these Fools with Logic and Reason , something they cannot Comprehend as Sane Human Beings.....

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

haha I love your posts
proof that we've only come full circle
history repeating itself and all that

ETA for others
who cares if you can't tell the difference between a male and a female
isn't it whats inside that counts?

if I bring my kid to your house and my kid is well behaved and respectful to you and yours, do you care if my kid is wearing jeans or a dress? or what exactly is underneath the jeans or dress?

seriously, I want to know
edit on 8-11-2011 by Forevever because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
Men use to be masculine and were treated that way.They played hockey and football with hardly any protective gear on at all...

Those are the first and second sentences of your post. That's where I lost interest in reading the rest. I have never, do not now, and very likely never will have any interest in sports. The presence or lack of protective gear is irrelevant. Sports bore me. The final four? No thanks. Superbowl? Pass. World Series? Yawn. Etc. so on and so forth. I'd rather watch paint dry. And yet, somehow, through some unexplainable miracle of life, I look between my legs and what do I see? A penis! Apparently, if I understand the technical definitions of men and women correctly, I would classify as a man.

If playing sports, with or without protective gear, ever becomes a prerequisite for being a man... then reclassify me as whatever the new label shall be. But I will still have my penis.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Maybe you should go back and watch Titanic.
Dresses were beautiful but life was miserable. But if you liked being told what to do, then go for it.

I am quite happy as a swearing, drinking bud of the guys. Btw,women have always done that too. if you don't mind not being an elitist member of society like in the movie above.

i just love when people look back at history with rose colored glasses and then try to make us feel bad for it.

I am perfectly secure in my feminism in whatever form it comes in.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

This simply isn't true, testosterone doesn't "parade around in a dress".

Testosterone doesn't have the awareness to make the decision to put on a dress... I do, and if I put on a dress, then yes, testosterone does and will parade around.

The whole concept that a person's masculinity or femininity can somehow be enhanced or diminished by what they do, is absolutely retarded. They are irrelevant concepts that are culturally driven, and have nothing to do with true masculinity..the fact that I have male genitalia.

you are denying your inherent male phisiology if you think it doesn't matter how you act.

No I am not, and no, it does not matter. Like I said, these concepts are culturally driven. You may shudder at the thought of doing the dishes, because for some reason you can only wash a dish if you have a vagina; but you could stumble upon a culture where the (this is the important part) idea of masculinity is "enhanced" by washing dishes.

Arbitrary.

No action I engage in can take my penis away. Unless I physically remove my penis.

The physical differences between men and women facilitate/hinder certain behaviors.

You are correct. That's why I work on my car in the garage, and my girlfriend brings me sandwiches on command.

Testosterone facilitates agressive/protective/survival based behavior testosteron by no streatch of the imagination will inspire a man to do dishes...or laundry...or vaccume or wear a dress...etc...

So, if I am a bachelor and I do my own laundry, will I lose my penis? Or will my testosterone pack up and leave me for more manly men?

we are the only animal on the planet who is so horribly lost and confused with gender/role issues

Like I have stated, gender roles are culturally driven. That's why the entire idea is ludicrous. There is no action I could partake in that could diminish my masculinity. Doing laundry, washing dishes, and wearing a dress will not scare my manhood away.

that we forget that there is a difference between men and women

Obviously.

and it goes beyond simple anatomy, or at least it did.

Biology is the only judge of masculinity and femininity.

This is what the persuit of equality has done, in our arrogance we have equlized that which was never designed or intended to be equal.

Two things can be polar opposites and still equal.

When you describe the differences between black and white or any other polar opposites for that matter its all encompassing.

Good. Let's use colors. If I dress the color black in a dress, does that diminish its "blackness"?

No.

If the color black did my laundry, does that make it less of a color?

No.

Polar opposites compliment each other

Yes. You are beginning to understand the point of duality.

and we are losing that in our gender identification. Men and women don't compliment eachother anymore outside of the bedroom. Some male/female role aspects have stayed in place on the "family" level but on a societial level they are almost completely gone.

Does your wife not cook for you anymore? Is that what this is really about? We haven't lost anything. "Gender roles" are pointless.

masculinity isn't based simply from having a penis...

Actually, that's exactly what its based on. A penis in a dress is still a penis.

Its based on the overall all emcompassing phsiology of their gender, testosterone, horomones etc...that phisiology facilitates/exhibits certain behavior traits that for the most part have all been criminalized...

So, basically all men are suppose to be violent?

edit on 11/8/2011 by dalan. because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
If you want to destroy or weaken a civilization you must destroy the basics,so practically everything that has been legalised and tolerated over the past few decades is about destroying the fabric of society and so most people tolerate it yet still wonder why our society is a hellhole now.Its amazing how small things can really effect society in a big way.

The roles of the sexes,which is natural,not social,is basic for us and look at family life now because of the agenda to destroy the western world! theres more little brats and teenagers involved in crime then ever before due to the lack of family role models and do you know what the sad thing is? its all intended.

From the mid 1960's onward as more and more of tptb's subliminal messaging tactics,media induced brainwashing,de-masculinization and de-feminization laws,drugs flooded into society and the, woman can be a he-man,and the,a man can be feminine,additudes...

Women who are now backed by the law and are prompted and lured by money to throw dad out of the house and their kids are raised without a stern disciplinary father figure in the home,these kids push their mothers around and they run wild in the streets...

Look at a woman from say 1890 and then look at a woman now, riding a motorcycle with butched hair,wearing greasy jeans and workboots...Somethings not very,very wrong?...Yes it is...The destruction of the american family...The fall of the american empire.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Maybe you should go back and watch Titanic.
Dresses were beautiful but life was miserable. But if you liked being told what to do, then go for it.

Believe me, i was lucky enough to have spent a lot of years with my great grandmother,who was born in 1902 and life was not miserable,it was leisurely and filled with love and respect for eachother and she told me so many things about how life was and how people looked,acted and treated eachother when she was a young lady back in the 1920's and 1930's...

And i knew even then,when i was a teenager talking to her through the late 1970's and 1980's that she was of a fast dying breed and i asked her a lot of questions through the years.And looking around now,her answers would amaze you,to properly understand history and know just how far we have fallen as a society,we are falling apart...

I remember everything she ever told me and the way things are now compared to back then is truly frightening and very sad indeed...
edit on 8-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
I recommend you all savor your current reality, because in another 10, 20, 30, or 50 to 100 years, you'll be saying the same thing about how great this generation was compared to that one.

You are so very correct. Sad how so many take it all for granted, I know I'm guilty for it more than I am not.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by murkraz

Originally posted by Forevever
I recommend you all savor your current reality, because in another 10, 20, 30, or 50 to 100 years, you'll be saying the same thing about how great this generation was compared to that one.

You are so very correct. Sad how so many take it all for granted, I know I'm guilty for it more than I am not.
I know what your saying,but this is not a generational thing that i am talking about.Not like my parents hate my music and my kids hate my music...

The turning men into women and women into men is a lot more devious and complex.Men looked,acted and dressed like men and women looked,acted and dressed like women in the early 1960's, 1950's, 1940's, 1930's, 1920's, 1910's, 1900's, 1890's, 1880's, 1870's, 1860's...getting my point?

Men and women looked and acted like men and women all throughout these decades and centuries and well before them as well.The cars changed,the music changed,wars came and went,economic upheavals were endured, but a man was still a man and a woman was still a woman throughout...

But now...All hell let loose...

edit on 8-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

And I spent a lot of years with my great grandmother and life was miserable.

You can't base history on the account of one woman who was taught by society that she was never allowed to say anything "bad"

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Men looked,acted and dressed like men and women looked,acted and dressed like women

Dude, seriously, fashion does not determine one's gender. Wearing one article of clothing as opposed to another will not diminish your masculinity nor your femininity.

Posts like your own are a reminder as to why people need to study more history. You are so concerned about the "femininization" of men, that you neglect to realize if you saw some dude wearing 17th century, french garb you would probably think he swung for the wrong team.

People are simply realizing that what they do, does not define what they are. There is no "look" for a man, any more than there is some "look" for a woman. Fashion is culturally driven. The "look" that you find masculine could be considered feminine in another Country. That's why people make fun of the Scottish for wearing "skirts".

You're just making assumptions about human beings based on what makes you feel comfortable, Its like you are going through a culture shock in your own culture.

I especially liked the assumption you made in your opening post about how all men are suppose to love sports.

Sports are boring.

Meh. Enjoy the box you live in.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I've been giving this some thought and a few things came to mind I'd like to share

First - I do understand where you're coming from. When I was a teenager I totally blame women's liberation for all the things wrong in my life. Mainly the fact that I was alone most of the time, as my mom was single and had to work (sometimes several jobs at a time). I don't fault her for it in any way, she did the best she could.

But then I grew up. And became a single parent. And I still managed to be here for my kids. So in the end, she could've done better. It was "her" that was the issue if there were any, not the fact that she had to work.

Knock on wood, my kids are NOTHING like I was at their age.

On the other hand - if my mother wasn't who she had been - my kids might be who I'd been... I took responsibility for the "issues" and broke the cycle - I also thanked my mother - if not for her, they wouldn't be them ♥

Second - If I set aside what I consider completely ridiculous in your OP - there is still a conspiracy to explore. So then I ask ....

Why do you think "they" want us to be androgynous?
Why do you think "they" would want the family unit to break down?

And finally.... When do "we" take responsibility for ourselves and how we treat others, rather than continuing to find ways to blame "them"?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Men use to be masculine and were treated that way.They played hockey and football with hardly any protective gear on at all...

Men use to go to work and not have to worry about their wives and girlfriends cheating on them anywhere near as much as they do now...

Men wore suits,dress shirts and ties most of the time and they wore hats all the time and never had long hair...

Men use to be able to support their wives and kids,buy a house,have a car,build a savings account and go on vacation all with one job...

60's and 70's happened.

Women use to look like what a woman always looked like...

Women never use to run around acting like,one of the guys,out bar hopping and swearing with a loud mouth...

Women would never even consider getting a tattoo,or wearing jeans and getting their hair butched,cruising around on motorcycles wearing workboots...

Women use to be feminine and they were treated that way.They acted like ladies,they actually wore dresses and had manners...

20's happened.

What have they done to us?

"They" didn't do anything, cultural norms just change. I don't see you on here complaining about how "they" stopped men from wearing powdered wigs and tights.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
"They" didn't do anything, cultural norms just change. I don't see you on here complaining about how "they" stopped men from wearing powdered wigs and tights?

No where near every guy back then wore powdered wigs and tights,very few men did and back then every woman looked and acted and dressed like a lady..

And now women are being turned into men...Butching their hair...Wearing jeans...Getting tattoos...Riding motorcycles...Swearing like a drunk sailor...Throwing their husbands out of the house for financial gain...Tptb must be somehow feeding them male hormones to speed up the destruction of the American family...And their sinister agenda is working perfectly...
edit on 10-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

And now women are being turned into men...Butching their hair...Wearing jeans...Getting tattoos...Riding motorcycles...Swearing like a drunk sailor...Throwing their husbands out of the house for financial gain...Tptb must be somehow feeding them male hormones to speed up the destruction of the American family...And their sinister agenda is working perfectly...

That's been going on since the 20's, no hormones involved. Never heard of flappers?

You're nineteen years old, stop talking about "the way things used to be".
edit on 10-11-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Tptb must be somehow feeding them male hormones to speed up the destruction of the American family...And their sinister agenda is working perfectly

You skipped me and you didn't answer my question.

WHY are they trying to destroy the American family?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join