It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Have They Done To Us? Remember When Men And Women Looked And Acted Like Men And Women?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred

Originally posted by blocula
And now women are being turned into men...Butching their hair...Wearing jeans...Getting tattoos...Riding motorcycles...Swearing like a drunk sailor...Throwing their husbands out of the house for financial gain...Tptb must be somehow feeding them male hormones to speed up the destruction of the American family...And their sinister agenda is working perfectly...

That's been going on since the 20's, no hormones involved. Never heard of flappers?

You're nineteen years old, stop talking about "the way things used to be".
edit on 10-11-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)
Uhhhh,No...Divorce rate in the 1920's 15%...Divorce rate in 2010 65%...

And my great grandmother once told me about a woman on her street,back in the 1920's,who was about 23 yrs old and she got pregnant and did'nt know who the father was...

And guess what happened to her...

She lost her job,was asked to leave the church and no one would talk to her except to call her a whore...

Now a days...Millions of women do the same thing and they are put on a pedestal and idolized by young impressionable girls the world over as being beacons of hope,"single mom" role models and they are proud to be players who sleep around...

Unbelievable...The fall of the American empire...
edit on 10-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

And my great grandmother once told me about a woman on her street,back in the 1920's,who was about 23 yrs old and she got pregnant and did'nt know who the father was...

She lost her job,was asked to leave the church and no one would talk to her except to call her a whore...

Now a days...Millions of women do the same thing and they are put on a pedestal and idolized by young impressionable girls the world over as being a beacon of hope,a "single mom" role model and ther are proud to be players...

Unbelievable...

Flappers' behavior was considered outlandish at the time and redefined women's roles. The image of flappers were young women who went by night to jazz clubs where they danced provocatively, smoked cigarettes through long holders, and dated freely, perhaps indiscriminately. They rode bicycles, drove cars, and openly drank alcohol, a defiant act in the American period of Prohibition.[25]Petting became more common than in the Victorian era. Petting Parties, where petting ("making out" or foreplay) was the main attraction, became popular.

They were also considered a significant challenge to traditional Victorian gender roles, devotion to plain-living and hard work, religion and more. Increasingly, women discarded old, rigid ideas about roles and embraced consumerism and personal choice, and were often described in terms of representing a "culture war" of old versus new. In this manner, flappers were an artifact of larger social changes — women were able to vote in the United States in 1920, and religious society had been rocked by the Scopes trial.

Signs of the moral revolution consisted of: premarital sex, birth control, drinking, and contempt for older values. Before the war, a lady did not set foot in a saloon; after the war she entered a speakeasy as thoughtlessly as she would go into a railroad station. Women had taken to swearing and smoking, using contraceptives and raising their skirts above the knee and rolling her hose below it. Women were now competing with men in the business world and obtaining financial independence and, therefore, other kinds of independence from men.[41]

The New Woman was pushing the boundaries of gender identity, representing sexual and economic freedom. She cut her hair short and took to loose-fitting clothing and low cut dresses. No longer restrained by a tight waist and long trailing skirts and the need for a man’s help at every turn, the modern woman of the 1920s was an independent thinker, who no longer followed the ordinances of those before her. [42] The flapper epitomized the prevailing conceptions of women and her role during the Roaring 20s. The flappers' ideal was motion with characteristics being intensity, energy, and volatility. She refused the traditional moral code. Modesty, chastity, morality, and traditional concepts of male and female were seemingly becoming invisible. The flapper was making an appeal to authority and was being attached to the impending “demoralization” of the country.

en.wikipedia.org...

Sound familiar? Yeah, this is nothing new.

Like I said, you're nineteen years old. Don't talk about "the way things used to be".

Unbelievable...The fall of the American empire...

The flapper was making an appeal to authority and was being attached to the impending “demoralization” of the country.

Ha.

You're nineteen, you don't know anything about "the American empire". America is more than a place; it's an idea, a shared history, a shared suffering. What makes you think you know anything about America? You're barely even out of high school.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
People don't need eachother to live anymore and the american family is dying fast and about to go extinct...

Millions of women,who are backed by our warped laws,who are seduced and lured by greed to throw their kids dads out of the home and millions of kids are raised without a father figure,push their mothers around and run wild in the streets...

Millions of young girls raised without a dad in the house,young girls that grow into young women and are unable to emotionally function with a man beyond the bedroom...

According to the Oxford Universities...Encyclopedia Of Human Psychology...The way a woman treats and emotionally deals with a man and the types of men she chooses to have relationships with is 100% based on her relationship with her father when she was a young child...

And women are financially prompted to throw away their kids fathers in the name of money...Wow...

We are a cruel,sick and self centered society and what i see going on around me makes me want to vomit...
edit on 10-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

People don't need eachother to live anymore and the american family is dying fast and about to go extinct...

Millions of women,who are backed by our warped laws,who are seduced and lured by greed to throw their kids dads out of the home and these millions of kids are raised without a father figure,push their mothers around and run wild in the streets...

Millions of young girls raised without a dad in the house,young girls that grow into young women and are unable to emotionally function with a man beyond the bedroom...

According to the Oxford Universities...Encyclopedia Of Human Psychology...The way a woman treats and emotionally deals with a man and the types of men she chooses to have relationships with is 100% based on her relationship with her father when she was a young child...

And women are financially prompted to throw away their kids fathers in the name of money...Wow...

We are a cruel,sick and self centered society and what i see going on around me makes me want to vomit...

/ignoring everything I said.

Listen, people have been saying the exact same thing you're saying now since the 20's. Just because you've had some bad luck in the romance department doesn't mean there's anything wrong with society, or that there's some grand conspiracy, or that there's a problem with women in general.

Cultural norms change, fashions change. Deal with it. Stop blaming the world for your problems.

Edit: You were born in the f****** 90's, stop dreaming about the years you never knew and learn to live in your own f****** time period. You're no different than people from the "good old days" of the 20th century who dreamed of living in the "good old days" of the 19th century.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Um... I'd like to know what a 'man being a man' and a 'woman being a woman' really is. As long as a woman has a uterus and a male still has a penis, they're being men and women, right?

I'm certain older tribes both used to wear there hair long and dress the same. I'm also pretty sure that not so long ago, you'll find men wearing frills and feminine wigs and even make-up!

If a woman being a woman is a female who is a image-concerned, overly-emotional, subserviant being and a male is an insensitive, shovenistic, money-oriented, macho being... I think I'm leaning toward celibacy.

I happen to like the fact that women today are allowed intelligence and opinion... And I really like the fact men are allowed to be creative and senstive.

I'm sorry, but as a woman, I've never liked the idea of an insensitive, money-oriented, shovenistic, macho partner. I'd prefer to be with someone who has soul and intellect, but that is just me.

I am not sitting in a house all day wearing uncomfortable clothing designed to make me look more attractive, sipping tea and playing cards with equally boring and subserviant fellow houswives waiting on a man who has no creativity or emotional capacity whatsoever to come home so I can make him dinner and act all dainty in the bedroom, kneeling to his every word...

I'm sorry, but I have never been a fan of sexism, you know, the sexim which belittles and sexually objectifies women and denies men the right to feel/express their emotions.

I happen to like men with long hair. It's sexy.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Now a days...Millions of women do the same thing and they are put on a pedestal and idolized by young impressionable girls the world over as being a beacon of hope,a "single mom" role model and ther are proud to be players...

If the above doesnt get the point across,i dont know what will...

Unbelievable...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Yeah, back in the good old days when you could get knocked up by rape or incest and no one would give much of a toss apart from screaming abuse at young women in the street.
Niiiiiiice.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Yeah, back in the good old days when you could get knocked up by rape or incest and no one would give much of a toss apart from screaming abuse at young women in the street.
Niiiiiiice.
Sounds like your talking about what goes on in an alley late at night in any city in america in the year 2011
edit on 22-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join