It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doing This Would Change The Minds Of Those Who Doubt The Existence Of Sasquatch

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Sasquatch is nothing like the one in the show "harry and the hendersons" and the fact that the Native Americans saw these creatures and the new world explorers saw them as well,hundreds of years ago,virtually proves that "something" is out there...Sasquatch,Yeti,Bigfoot,Abominable Snowman,Yowie,Skunk Ape,Swamp Thing call them what you will...They have been seen and are still being seen all over the USA and the rest of the world.

Just where i live, in the area in and around Rockland,Mass,Sasquatch has been seen and heard many times.In the towns of Bridgewater,Rockland,Abington,Taunton and others and the "Bridgewater Triangle" is only like 5 miles away from where i am.Which some say is the most haunted area in the world...

My friend and I heard a creature growling and screaming in a cemetary thats less than 1/2 mile from where i lived and still live right now,next to the ST.Patricks cemetary in Rockland, Mass...

I know these things exist...No doubt about it whatsoever...
edit on 7-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I don't doubt that bigfoot may indeed exist.
I just think your theory of going out in the woods will change my mind.
I go out in the woods all the time and still have the same opinion.

Your theory is flawed based on my experiences.
You say "doing this would change minds"
I have done it already many many times.....no bigfoot or boogeyman yet.

I sleep really well out in the woods.
I don't have the same fears you have.
edit on 7-11-2011 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
ill give this a meh and a yawn. Grew up surrounded by dark woods in upstate new york and had zero fear then and none now, never saw anything or heard anything sasquatch related although i am completely open to the idea. We discover new species every year, why not a constantly migraiting large primate, plus didnt the analysis of that video conclude that is was physically impossible for it to have been a human in a suit?

anywho, if yall want a scary image go rent In the Mouth of Madness and look out for the creepy old lady riding a bike at night. shivers

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatsinaname
its called camping bro, its not scary =/

we used to walk back to our village at 1am for over a year each day, and the worst thing we saw was a panther, once. if you really want to know fear try skydiving at night or something to that effect.

I have to agree with that one, skydiving at night is terrifying. Or even worse is swimming at night, but then this is coming from a guy with a crazy phobic fear of sharks thanks to a childhood experience. But, ya, there are a lot of yuppies out there who would need a new pair of underwear if they tried to do this forest walk at night, thats for sure....

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Not all campers pull up to a concrete pad in an RV and set up a TV on the picnic table while preparing the charcoal in the handy metal grill the park was so kind to install at the campsites.

Some really camp in secluded areas and they are not usually the obese and unfit hikers made mentioned of in an earlier post. Some grew up camping, some are ex and active military, others enjoy the outdoors etc., without having a need for carrying howitzers for protection or being scared of the boogie man.

Some know their way around the great outdoors and can navigate at night or identify noises in the dark without crying for mommy. Some even know how to properly dispose of waste and store food stock or anything that might entice a visit by a wild animal at night.

I remember doing survival training in the Florida swamps with the Rangers and never do I remember anyone mentioning Sasquatch or Godzilla even though we were unarmed except for blanks and our wits. It was more of a mosquito, gator, and snake thing that had most concerned.

Never heard of Sasquatch in cemeteries before, will look into that.
edit on 7-11-2011 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Blocula you may be shooting yourself in the foot by trying to get people to believe in Sasquatch via scare tactics....LOL. From all the reports documented so far Sasquatch has only behaved agressively in a few instances.

1- humans have wandered into their 'home area' ie living/ sleeping areas.
2- juviniles practicing their territorial tactics.
3- Encounters with rogue males and violence ensued.

The rest of the data supports they will watch you closely in the woods but prefer to do it from a distance and keep things non-violent. If you want to convince people they're real why aren't you linking to recorded vocals.

Many recordings have been made and to date have defied identification or explaination.
Quickly I'll add because of the hertz ranges it automatically rules out know species.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by bloculaI guarantee that while your on your dark,long and lonely way back through the wilderness alone.You will eventually become so scared and frightened at the thought of a Sasquatch out there in the darkness with you,that you will be slowly driven into a state of paranoid terror.Terrifying thoughts that the creature is always only a step away from you will fill your mind.About how it might be about to leap out in front of you,or jump down from a tree,growling and screaming at any moment.Every noise you hear will be transformed into sounds made by the Sasquatch as it stalks and follows you through the dark forest,hungry and ready to attack...

Every step and every turn will become a living nightmare and by the time you hopefully reach the logging trail and eventually civilization,you or anyone else will have become a much more faithful and open minded believer in the existence of Sasquatch...
edit on 6-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

The paranoid fear you just described was exactly what I used to go through everytime I walked home from the park in the dark.
...When I was a kid of course..

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

This scenario would make a great episode for scare tactics.
If you were to do something like this to me and I returned
safe.You would be banned from any and all future cookies
that I would ever bake

NO COOKIES FOR YOU!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dcmb1409
Not all campers pull up to a concrete pad in an RV and set up a TV on the picnic table while preparing the charcoal in the handy metal grill the park was so kind to install at the campsites.

Some really camp in secluded areas and they are not usually the obese and unfit hikers made mentioned of in an earlier post. Some grew up camping, some are ex and active military, others enjoy the outdoors etc., without having a need for carrying howitzers for protection or being scared of the boogie man.

Some know their way around the great outdoors and can navigate at night or identify noises in the dark without crying for mommy. Some even know how to properly dispose of waste and store food stock or anything that might entice a visit by a wild animal at night.

I remember doing survival training in the Florida swamps with the Rangers and never do I remember anyone mentioning Sasquatch or Godzilla even though we were unarmed except for blanks and our wits. It was more of a mosquito, gator, and snake thing that had most concerned.

Never heard of Sasquatch in cemeteries before, will look into that.

Ha-ha, you brought a great point (or so I think).
I remember walking through Georgia's swamps and setting up patrol bases late at night, with only blanks in our weapons.. Thinking if there is a pissed off Sasquatch out there somewhere, hungry for human meat.
The only things that caused us problems, were the damn Hogs that tried to get into people's sleeping bags..
I tell you what thu, those Momma Hogs are more scary than the Sasquatch, specially when they got little bastard-babies running around.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by jeichelberg
reply to post by blocula

Given there have probably been people already in the same position as you describe, alone and wandering out at night in Oregon, only to turn up later safe and sound, with no evidence of having been molested or otherwise harmed by a Sasquatch...hmmm...
I seriously doubt that there has been many people these days, all alone, 20 miles out in the middle of nowhere within the mountains and forests and if there ever has been, then i'm sure they have a different opinion about the possibility of the existence of this creature. If they were a none believer before they found themselves all alone in the wilderness...
edit on 6-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

Some people go into the woods for fun, like me. The point of going is to get as far away from other people as possible. And so far, out of all my years in the forests of the pacific northwest, I have never seen a sasquatch. Just because you doubt people enjoy the forest doesn't mean they don't.

By the way, i don't know if sasquatch exists, and I don't really care. If it does, yay, if not, whoop dee doo.
edit on 7-11-2011 by GringoViejo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kaskad

Oh man, I forgot about those boars and hogs. (or Georgian Hawg) they even had one named hogzilla recently shot if I remember correctly. Lol, I stand corrected on the Godzilla claim.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedbeardedFoo
ill give this a meh and a yawn. Grew up surrounded by dark woods in upstate new york and had zero fear then and none now, never saw anything or heard anything sasquatch related although i am completely open to the idea. We discover new species every year, why not a constantly migraiting large primate, plus didnt the analysis of that video conclude that is was physically impossible for it to have been a human in a suit?

anywho, if yall want a scary image go rent In the Mouth of Madness and look out for the creepy old lady riding a bike at night. shivers
Whitehall, NY has had dozens of sightings,very recently and older ones as well. Do you live near there?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Totally alone in the deep wilderness,lets say 10 miles from any town,without any weapon and no cell phone.In total darkness within an area that has had recent Sasquatch sightings...Has anyone done that?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I'm sure lots of people have camped in those areas. The only criteria that I don't meet is a confirmed Sasquatch spot, they usually don't hand out brochures pointing out exact spots unless you read the occasional story in the media.

The thread was about being convinced of Sasquatch by being left 20 miles in the woods. Sasquatch sighting or not doesn't change my perspective on belief just makes me more aware of my surrounding which people in deep cover need to have anyway.

What scares some does not register with others unless they experience it for themselves. Will a sighting make me avoid a State, area, or scare me out of the woods. Nah, not if I wanted to camp for a reason like almost virgin fishing or some other reason to go to a specific area like exploring or to see something unusual like formations and such.

Its a waste to live your life in fear of something that may or may not be true. Its also foolish to rush into a known danger to prove what your made of or to impress others.

So far, all I am aware of is the known physical dangers in deep cover and there are ways to alleviate some of the situations and others you have to deal with as they happen.

Scared of the woods, nope..

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
What scares some does not register with others unless they experience it for themselves. Will a sighting make me avoid a State, area, or scare me out of the woods. Nah, not if I wanted to camp for a reason like almost virgin fishing or some other reason to go to a specific area like exploring or to see something unusual like formations and such.

Its a waste to live your life in fear of something that may or may not be true. Its also foolish to rush into a known danger to prove what your made of or to impress others.

I saw a documentary about a hunter with over 20 years experience.Who one late afternoon,early evening, "heard" very close by him,low pitched,angry growls and high pitched screams from something that he said was no way human and these sounds terrified him so badly that he said they sounded like a werewolf.He has never gone back into those woods since and he said that nothing could get him to go back in there with or without a gun...

Seeing is believing and so is hearing...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I saw that documentary and that is his choice for whatever reason(s) he had for being filmed. If it scared him and forced him out of the woods that might be a good thing for others that might have been harmed by a jittery individual with a real or imagined experience. Does it convince me that Sasquatch is real? no.

I have always believed that there are no real experts in anything. It is of my opinion only that no one knows everything about anything. There are a lot of knowledgeable people out there but theories, stories, facts, and speculations change like the wind all of the time,

The woods are not fearsome to some and voice prints on a recorder does not convince some without actually seeing what was making the noise. I'm sorry, you're just not going to scare me or convince me of anything based on someone's paranoia and fear of the dark.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dcmb1409
reply to post by blocula

I saw that documentary and that is his choice for whatever reason(s) he had for being filmed. If it scared him and forced him out of the woods that might be a good thing for others that might have been harmed by a jittery individual with a real or imagined experience. Does it convince me that Sasquatch is real? no.

I have always believed that there are no real experts in anything. It is of my opinion only that no one knows everything about anything. There are a lot of knowledgeable people out there but theories, stories, facts, and speculations change like the wind all of the time,

The woods are not fearsome to some and voice prints on a recorder does not convince some without actually seeing what was making the noise. I'm sorry, you're just not going to scare me or convince me of anything based on someone's paranoia and fear of the dark.

The truth is that many tens of thousands of people throughout hundreds of years have seen giant hairy bi-pedal creatures in all 50 states of the USA and all over the rest of the world as well and perhaps more than half of all sightings remain un-reported for fear of ridicule from a society that is comfortable living in denial about whats really going on in their world...

The North American Native Americans saw them.New world explorers saw them and pioneer settlers saw them,all hundreds of years ago.They are still being seen and reported all over the world...So theres no doubt whatsoever im my mind that "something" is out there...

These creatures probably spend a lot of time underground within the vast caverns and passageways that criss cross the earth deep beneath our feet...Who goes down into those places anyways? About 1 in 10,000 people? and the deepest cave penetration by a person is only 2 miles deep and its about 4,000 miles down from the surface of earth to the core...We do not know whats down there...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Uhhhh, are we now talking about the woods or caves. Caverns and caves are cool to explore also and except for occasional hibernating bears and bats they are usually safe in respect to critters. I'm familiar with documented sightings, stories and folklore surrounding this creature but didn't know that hundreds of thousands of missed photo ops and personal stories were out there.

Last I heard the center of the Earth is a little warm and I don't know but for a deep cave dweller to walk around in the mid day sunlight such as the films we see on this creature just shows me how complex their anatomy must be.

So now I will look for Sasquatch 20 miles in the woods at the nearest cave or cavern leading 4000 miles down.

Now that scares me.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Totally alone in the deep wilderness,lets say 10 miles from any town,without any weapon and no cell phone.In total darkness within an area that has had recent Sasquatch sightings...Has anyone done that?

You apparently didnt read my post.........

Not to mention, most of the back areas of the cascades dont get phone reception anyway.......

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by blocula

You apparently didnt read my post.........

Not to mention, most of the back areas of the cascades dont get phone reception anyway.......

Phone reception is not relevant. The fact that you have some artificial device on you emitting electromagnetic radiation is. That kind of stuff tends to scare off smart animals.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join