It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doing This Would Change The Minds Of Those Who Doubt The Existence Of Sasquatch

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
It is very easy for a person to deny the existence of Sasquatch,preaching about their impossibility from the safety and comfort of your house,surrounded by other people and friendly sights and sounds...But...Get in my truck...We're going for a ride...

I will drive you in the late afternoon when its still light out ten miles down a logging trail that leads deep into the interior of Oregon.Then i'll park the truck and we will get out,walking and hiking another twenty miles into the deep forest.Where there are no trails,no people,no cars,no towns,no lights,no familiar noises,nothing but you,the wilderness and the approaching night...

Then i'll say goodbye to you and i will hike and walk back by myself within the safe and sunny daylight and your going to stay there all alone and wait.I'll be driving back down the logging trail and returning to civilization,as your plunged into total darkness.You have no weapons,no knife,no gun,no cell phone,only a little flashlight and nothing more.As soon as the moon and stars start to rise,you can start walking and hiking back the twenty miles,totally alone...

I guarantee that while your on your dark,long and lonely way back through the wilderness alone.You will eventually become so scared and frightened at the thought of a Sasquatch out there in the darkness with you,that you will be slowly driven into a state of paranoid terror.Terrifying thoughts that the creature is always only a step away from you will fill your mind.About how it might be about to leap out in front of you,or jump down from a tree,growling and screaming at any moment.Every noise you hear will be transformed into sounds made by the Sasquatch as it stalks and follows you through the dark forest,hungry and ready to attack...

Every step and every turn will become a living nightmare and by the time you hopefully reach the logging trail and eventually civilization,you or anyone else will have become a much more faithful and open minded believer in the existence of Sasquatch...
edit on 6-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

...or a believer in a very vivid imagination!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Sorry.. but I'd probably feel more comfortable in the wilderness alone than in an urban setting.

And the connection you're trying to draw from the nervousness or fear some people might experience in those settings... to an increased belief in sasquatch baffles me.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Given there have probably been people already in the same position as you describe, alone and wandering out at night in Oregon, only to turn up later safe and sound, with no evidence of having been molested or otherwise harmed by a Sasquatch...hmmm...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
its called camping bro, its not scary =/

we used to walk back to our village at 1am for over a year each day, and the worst thing we saw was a panther, once. if you really want to know fear try skydiving at night or something to that effect.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Well I guess this is true to a certain extent....I certainly would be scared of things I'm not normally scared of. But I dont think Sasquatch would be one of the things that came to mind.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
but when is the part where you come back with an axe, and wearing a mask?

That's what I'd really expect!!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This ranks up there with one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read.. I'd be more worried about keeping fed and finding my way back.. I'd be just as worried about sasquatch out there as I am worried about him here in my bed right now.. Not at all.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
It is very easy for a person to deny the existence of Sasquatch,preaching about their impossibility from the safety and comfort of your house,surrounded by other people and friendly sights and sounds...But...Get in my truck...We're going for a ride...

I will drive you in the late afternoon when its still light out ten miles down a logging trail that leads deep into the interior of Oregon.Then i'll park the truck and we will get out,walking and hiking another twenty miles into the deep forest.Where there are no trails,no people,no cars,no towns,no lights,no familiar noises,nothing but you,the wilderness and the approaching night...

Then i'll say goodbye to you and i will hike and walk back by myself within the safe and sunny daylight and your going to stay there all alone and wait.I'll be driving back down the logging trail and returning to civilization,as your plunged into total darkness.You have no weapons,no knife,no gun,no cell phone,only a little flashlight and nothing more.As soon as the moon and stars start to rise,you can start walking and hiking back the twenty miles,totally alone...

I guarantee that while your on your dark,long and lonely way back through the wilderness alone.You will eventually become so scared and frightened at the thought of a Sasquatch out there in the darkness with you,that you will be slowly driven into a state of paranoid terror.Terrifying thoughts that the creature is always only a step away from you will fill your mind.About how it might be about to leap out in front of you,or jump down from a tree,growling and screaming at any moment.Every noise you hear will be transformed into sounds made by the Sasquatch as it stalks and follows you through the dark forest,hungry and ready to attack...

Every step and every turn will become a living nightmare and by the time you hopefully reach the logging trail and eventually civilization,you or anyone else will have become a much more faithful and open minded believer in the existence of Sasquatch...

I like the scene you've conjured up. Spookey, but you assume everyone is afraid to die. I was afraid of the dark
when I was little. So I grew to be pretty tough. If he's out there ? What will be, will be. He can only kill you once.
He seems smart enough to stay away from us anyway. Why would he cross that wisdom for me ?
I don't need to be convinced anyway. I already am.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by garbageface
This ranks up there with one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read.. I'd be more worried about keeping fed and finding my way back.. I'd be just as worried about sasquatch out there as I am worried about him here in my bed right now.. Not at all.

You sleep with a big foot?

Oh my!!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

It sounds like this kind of stuff really keeps you up at night.

Do you have abandonment issues coupled by an irrational fear of imaginary creatures when the sun goes down?

The scenario you describe, I do voluntarily, on my own, by myself, sometimes with friends, for fun.
I do it, because I like to get away. I like to get away from the noise of civilization, and I like to get away from all the city light pollution so i can look at the stars properly.

In all my years watching the stars, I've never seen a UFO.
In all my years hiking and primitive camping as far away from other people as I can get, I've yet to encounter a Sasquatch.

In both cases, UFOs and Sasquatch, I hope and look for ever encountering, and would welcome such.
Not everybody is scared of what goes bump in the night.

Some of those bumps might just be those of us that like it out in the dark.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeichelberg
reply to post by blocula

Given there have probably been people already in the same position as you describe, alone and wandering out at night in Oregon, only to turn up later safe and sound, with no evidence of having been molested or otherwise harmed by a Sasquatch...hmmm...
I seriously doubt that there has been many people these days, all alone, 20 miles out in the middle of nowhere within the mountains and forests and if there ever has been, then i'm sure they have a different opinion about the possibility of the existence of this creature. If they were a none believer before they found themselves all alone in the wilderness...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Why not, I feel safe going into the woods with a stranger.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

I agree. I have had that feeling as a child prior to my ever having heard of a Sasquatch. I do not see the correlation between the fear and the proof.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Great story.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
And I bet the beast would feed on the fear. If you werent scared at all,you probably wouldnt see one.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by quakerdipps
And I bet the beast would feed on the fear. If you werent scared at all,you probably wouldnt see one.
I have read and heard about the "psychic sasquatch",that they only appear to people who have their inner eye open and it's the same people who see ufo's,ghosts and experience poltergeists activity...

There have been groups of people standing together,say 5 or 6...But only 1 or 2 of them can see the ghost or sasquatch or ufo thats right in front of them all...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I think it is rather insulting for someone to say that Sasquatch doesn't exist, especially when the person that they are telling it to has seen one with their own eyes. I am 110% convinced that the creature is legitimate, and the only question in my mind is "what exactly is it?"

Knowing how Sasquatch behaves, I am willing to bet that many more people would see them in the larger forests if they paid attention and knew what to look for. For one of these animals to be seen walking, it has to not know you are there, unless it does not feel threatened by your presence.

Being a very curious creature, Sasquatch apparently enjoys observing people, and they usually do it the same way every time, which is to hide behind either a tree or thick brush, while remaining relatively still. Given their coloration it is next to impossible to spot one that isn't moving, as is evidenced by much of the footage in which the cameraman did not observe the creature until reviewing the tape.

One of my favorite videos in this category is the Sobe-Bomb Bigfoot. A bunch of kids had a big fire going, and they put gasoline in a Sobe bottle and threw it into the fire. It was dark, and they didn't realize it at the time, and I actually don't think they are the ones who caught it in the footage to begin with, but after the large explosion you see a huge gray Sasquatch stand up from behind an old couch and skulk off into the brush with the typical rise-fall pattern exhibited by the majority of their kind.

Another one of my favorites is the white Sasquatch that was filmed at night. If that footage is legitimate, it has to be the closest, and clearest footage of a Sasquatch face ever taken. It is actually a bit frightening in my opinion.
But as I was saying, as a rule they typically observe from cover. If they want you out of their territory, they will break branches for the loud sound, sometimes circling around you in the woods. It can become terrifying when there are more than one doing this, although that is pretty rare from what I hear.

People also like to say that the Ostman account was a complete fabrication, which is a plausible thing to think upon first hearing the tale...but given the time period of the encounter, everything he described has held up perfectly to observations throughout the decades, up until today with the evidence we have on film.

Anyway, I am going a bit off-topic here, and I just wanted to say that you are completely correct in your thread, saying that if you aren't a believer, then go spend some time in a known Sasquatch area for a night or two...You will most likely change your mind if you do a couple of things to draw one in...Such as calling, or doing something that may cause one to be interested in you. But as I said, you will most likely not see them unless you happen to walk up on one who is daydreaming or something, lol.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
Why not, I feel safe going into the woods with a stranger.

If you go out in the woods tonight
You're sure of a big surprise.
If you go out in the woods tonight
You'd better go in disguise.

For every sasquatch that ever there was
Will gather there for certain, because
Today's the day the sasquatch have their picnic.

-- and the scary guy in the mask with an axe is your friend

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Terrifying thoughts that the creature is always only a step away from you will fill your mind.About how it might be about to leap out in front of you,or jump down from a tree,growling and screaming at any moment.Every noise you hear will be transformed into sounds made by the Sasquatch as it stalks and follows you through the dark forest,hungry and ready to attack...

That's an interesting story, but of everything I've ever read, watched, or heard about Sasquatch, there's never been anything about them following, stalking or eating people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join