It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least 24 people fall ill at HS football game at Barnett Stadium

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
School? Has any one noticed how all this seems school related? This may be something a lot more serious than we think. It is starting to lookk to me like some kind attack on schools.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
wow, this is really interesting. will see the test results tomorrow. I thought they would know something by now, good work finding those stories at the other schools. will follow this story and see where it goes

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Experts obviously don't know what it is or they would of said something today .A big open field like that would rule out carbon monoxide poisoning.Firefighter becoming ill upon contact,TPTB TESTING OUT THERE NEW VIRUS ?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
It seems a member has made an interesting connection as well and has made a thread on it. I'm sure some of you might want to check it out. Not trying to promote even though it may look like I am

At least 6 schools experienced sudden mass outbreak of unkown illness in the last week

At least none of the 24 people died from what I have heard so far. I hope this goes away and is not some new super virus going around.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Being an RN, believe me, some ER physicians SUCK.
If you had 22 kids and took them to different hospitals, chances are you'd get at least one sucky MD that works weekends in ER because he is retired, a drunk in his spare time, not that good a doctor, something - that would be willing to just write off a sick kid as CO poisoning.

I don't trust the dx coming from ONE ER doctor working nights on ONE student or towards the weekend.

They symptoms line up ok - and I wondered about this scenerio -

The students line up to march in. At some point some get hit with gas - not all - maybe an exhaust from a generator they passed. Say they had to wait a bit - not uncommon - so the ones in a particular area in that line got a good dose.

That's why I wonder about the order they were in and how that related to who fell ill.

BUT, what I didn't get what that it seemed like they were saying the illness hit at the END of their performance program. I didn't hear anyone say anything about their being any facial discoloration or anything either.

Dunno, but I'd just not write it all off as CO poisoning myself until all the information came in.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I notice they are doing or just finished a remodel on the consession stands. FEMA related. And installled new sinks hot water and greese traps.

www.hisdprojects.com...

Project Status

Value engineering is underway to address unforeseen FEMA-mandated work (e.g., flood gates and back-up generators for pumps). Final Construction Documents for renovations have been submitted for City of Houston (COH) permit review. Architect re-submitted to COH for permit in August. Awaiting reimbursement from FEMA to replace advanced funds for flood gate work. Two condensing units replaced in Field House. Four flood gates installed around Field House and testing complete. Architect added triple sinks, hot water and grease traps in all concession stands at the complex.

Target Year Open/Complete: Q4/2011

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Good find. Unforseen FEMA work? I can understand renovations, etc.. but why would FEMA be involved and why was it unforeseen? This bothers me considering there were other incidents nationwide at the same time or shortly before.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
Being an RN, believe me, some ER physicians SUCK.
If you had 22 kids and took them to different hospitals, chances are you'd get at least one sucky MD that works weekends in ER because he is retired, a drunk in his spare time, not that good a doctor, something - that would be willing to just write off a sick kid as CO poisoning.

I don't trust the dx coming from ONE ER doctor working nights on ONE student or towards the weekend.

They symptoms line up ok - and I wondered about this scenerio -

The students line up to march in. At some point some get hit with gas - not all - maybe an exhaust from a generator they passed. Say they had to wait a bit - not uncommon - so the ones in a particular area in that line got a good dose.

That's why I wonder about the order they were in and how that related to who fell ill.

BUT, what I didn't get what that it seemed like they were saying the illness hit at the END of their performance program. I didn't hear anyone say anything about their being any facial discoloration or anything either.

Dunno, but I'd just not write it all off as CO poisoning myself until all the information came in.

Then how do you explain an open field that big having concentrated carbon monoxide with the wind blowing ? Also , a firefighter comes up to one of the victims and suddenly gets sick too ? You don't make sense ! Maybe your one of the drunks that works in the ER on the weekends ?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Kind of a lurker round here just thought id throw in my two cents, and sorry if someone already said this and i missed it.

All these symptoms being reported, with only one victim reporting any possible chemical in their system, being the carbon monoxide, it kind sounds like the effects of strong magnetic fields on the body, such as the nausea and headaches. I feel like i read somewhere that such a ideas were even used in attempts for non lethal weapons. not to say that's what happening here, just that the idea is ligament enough that someone tried to use it to harm somebody in the past.
These are two articles give some evidence to such a concept:

Effects of EM fields in general:
www.sciencedirect.com...
A study on EM sensitive people:
www.aehf.com...

Along with the thread posted on here by ChaoticOrder:

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
That is almost the exact same set of symptoms. All it's missing is vomiting.

Maybe there is some activity of sorts causing some pulses.
As for why its only schools, I'm not sure if its common fact or not, but Iv always known younger people to be more sensitive to electrical fields and some sub frequency sounds. The first article has a small blurb about that, dismissing the physical attributes (which seemed really odd to begin with like skull thickness and shape being a factor) but does state that much of the neurological aspects are still unknown. it might be interesting to know the age of the firefighter effected at the the original OP incident since he also got sick almost immediately after walking over to check on one of the people.
These were just my impressions from the symptoms and large increase with no detectable biological or chemical source. so maybe there is a slight flux in the area for some reason? might be something to look into.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Mold would not react SO FAST. Also , notice one of the remarks : the smell before the people falling ill. I would say it is a dirty bomb of some kind, maybe neuro-toxic gas like Sarin comes first in my mind..

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

If someone was exposed to a neuro-toxic gas and they were breathing heavily could a person leaning over and inhaling the victims breath be affected within minutes? The puzzle I can't fit is the firefighter who helped and ended up sick almost immediately after close exposure to one of the students. The initial report that night, live, was no smells, .. colorless, odorless. The media's story changes bit by bit as time goes by.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ViP3r

If you'd read my post closely, I don't buy it at all. I was giving an explanation as to why possibly someone came UP with co poisoning.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by wytewingdove

Houston wasnt the only place. Check this link throw some feedback.WHATS HAPPENING!

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 6-11-2011 by mik3ymik3 because: forgot words

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Holy hell is right..I got those symptoms..www.abovetopsecret.com... IS THERE TO DO

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I have a funny feeling the school districts have dropped the ball and allowed a out break of norovirus. Norovirus must be killed with bleach. But school districts have gone swine flu crazy over the years and the cleaning products for swine flu are alcohol based not chlorine based as in bleach.

www.alltheinternet.com... at schools

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Most likely it was the gasses emitted from the ground prior to the quak
The gas is Hydrogen Sulfide.

Here is what I found from the Sanfrancisco Quake. akochealth.com

The earthquake that destroyed parts of San Francisco and virtually all of Santa Rosa occurred at 5:12 a.m. on 18 April 1906. It was most intense perhaps a hundred kilometers north of San Francisco. We will here list some excerpts from the numerous reports, all indicating violent gas emission from the ground, gases that contained the poisonous hydrogen sulphide and gases that were frequently flammable.

The symptoms of Hydrogen sulfide poisoning are headache, nausea, vomiting dizziness and sometimes difficulty breathing. The exact symptoms the students reported just prior to the Oklahoma earthquake.trilogymedia.com

Even in small amounts, hydrogen sulfide has a strong rotten-egg odor. However, with continued exposure and at high levels, the poison may deaden a person's sense of smell. If the rotten egg odor is no longer noticeable, it may not necessarily mean that exposure has stopped. After a serious exposure symptoms usually begin immediately. At low levels, hydrogen sulfide causes irritation of the eyes, nose, and throat. Moderate levels can cause headache, dizziness, nausea, and vomiting, as well as coughing and difficulty in breathing. Higher levels can cause shock,

thanks,
Pax
edit on 11/7/2011 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

I've been watching the Eastern US area for a couple years on EQ's. Especially around the New Madrid Faultline. I realize there are other faults running all through the area, even down here in Texas. I also wondered about gases from underground and EMP's from solar..

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join