It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least 24 people fall ill at HS football game at Barnett Stadium

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Mysterious airborn illness strikes band and dance members during football game in Barnett Stadium, Houston, Tx. Watching updates on news. Hazmat and decontamination units on site, stadium evacuated. One firefighter fell ill while treating a fallen student within minutes. No one in stadium stands at this time were affected. What disturbs me is how quickly the one firefighter fell ill within minutes of contact. It happened that fast to him. The numbers are still growing on people falling ill. Here's a link to the news.

As I type this, update again... Hazmat cannot find anything. Hits stomach, trouble breathing within minutes.
All in route to hospitals now. Not life threatening they say. The site will continue to update throughout the night.

At least 24 people fall ill at HS football game between Austin and Yates at Barnett Stadium

abclocal.go.com.../local&id=8419927

* The Link above goes to a page that used to be the news source. I found if you click "Houston News" on the left, it'll take you to the main page where the story is listed. Didn't know that was going to happen when I linked.

edit on 4-11-2011 by wytewingdove because: Link status

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by wytewingdove

Being in Houston I would say there
are a lot of people there. I hope its
nothing serious and it can be contained
quickly. Let us know of updates and
thanks for the thread - I've been searching
but haven't found anything.
edit on 4-11-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Wow, that is really strange. I've never heard of an airborne illness acting so quickly. Pretty scary. Maybe its in the grass?

Your link isn't working btw

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Link doesn't work so heres a new one abclocal.go.com.../local&id=8419927.

Anyway, its weird. I guess the NWO have found a testing ground for a new weapon

edit on 4-11-2011 by alphaLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I,m sure someone has a vid of the area where it happened being in the stands . Have to wait and see , no smell rules out ammonia and a few other things . H2S being that localized , hmmmm doubt it .
edit on 4-11-2011 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
We can all speculate and talk, but untill we get some offcial documentation or test results to what this is then we would all just be stabbing in the dark.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by wytewingdove

What disturbs me is how quickly the one firefighter fell ill within minutes of contact.
That is extremely odd. I will be keeping an eye on this story. I don't know of any disease or virus that could do that, unless maybe it's something man made. Anyone got any ideas?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
www.myfoxhouston.com... www.myfoxhouston.com... esses-at-football-game

Only link found.

HOUSTON - More than 20 people suddenly fell ill during a football game in southeast Houston Friday night.

The Houston Fire Department dispatched emergency crews to Barnett Stadium in the 6800 block of Fairway.

During the second-half of the game, Austin High School band and dance members suddenly fell ill.

The Houston Independent School District says the students began suffering from severe nausea, dizziness, vomiting and heart palpitations.

A student told FOX 26 News he began to smell something funny when he saw his sister lose consciousness.

Students were still being treated by the end of the 9 p.m. newscast. A hazmat team had set up a decontamination unit in the vicinity.

Houston Police are trying to determine the cause of the illnesses.

Read more: www.myfoxhouston.com...

I n t e r e s t i n g.

M.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Cue "Fringe" music

How very odd...I really hope that it isn't anything too serious....

and that it doesn't spread to other states.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Sorry about the link thing, but I edited my post to help get there. It'll be interesting to see what this is all about. Last I heard on the news, they think it might've started close to the concession stand. Strange the way it happened. Glad I live out in the country. Houston is a very crowded city.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Mold. Mold exposure can cause all of these symptoms and be very difficult to track down.

Mold spores can create illness in humans with relative ease and in not too high of concentrations. Depending on the spore 1 or 2 can do the trick.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
This is just creepy. Watching that video, I felt like it was the beginning of scary movie, waiting for the plot to thicken.

I sure hope everyone is ok!!! And I sure do hope they can find the cause.

For some reason, the links posted do not work.

Here's KTRK-TV's home page. It's on the "front page" of the web site.

abclocal.go.com...

It probably won't work either-but here's to trying! :0)

Please keep us posted. Thank you.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Mold.
If it were mold people would have been showing symptoms much earlier. It wouldn't suddenly hit and make many people sick at the exact same time.

PS - all you guys need to do to make the link work is put it inside URL tags: Nearly 2 dozen fall ill at HS football game between Austin and Yates at Barnett Stadium
edit on 4-11-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
It's now being reported that they've split up the affected and distributed them in 3 different Hospitals across town. Decontamination units were set up in front of Hosp. but was reported they didn't guide them through it. Determined it was not needed, demantling now. Instead they took them straight through the emergency room doors covered in blankets.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Yeha i dont think mold can effect people so quick.

on the other hand this sounds quite like Carbon Monoxide poisoning.

it has the same symptoms, and the thing is it is smelless to a degree only a few people can smeel it like my dad.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
One of the news reports mentioned that the band members/dancers pretty much ate all the same thing.

If it's not carbon monoxide, maybe somebody spiked the bands punch with who knows what....

Just a guess.

ETA: Another guess.

I was just looking up Organophosphate poisoning.

Maybe, possibly,this could be from pesticides used on the field or where ever the band hangs out???

Here's an article. It wiki-but hey, I'm short on time.

en.wikipedia.org...

Cholinergic syndrome occurs in acute poisonings with OP pesticides and is directly related to levels of AChE activity. Symptoms include miosis, sweating, lacrimation, gastrointestinal symtoms, respiratory difficultires, dyspnea, bradycardia, cyanosis, vomiting, diarrhea, as well as other symptoms.

edit on 5-11-2011 by nerdyclutzyblonde because: something else to add.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Actually no, some molds take time to affect the host.

With physical exertion the effects could have been accelerated after exposure in a confined space like a locker or class room.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

He added that most of the patients were from the band and drill team. No one in the stands was affected.
-
Nausea, coughing, scratchy throat are said to be some of the symptoms.
-
She also told us that she did not smell anything strange.
-
HFD says the HazMat team did not find any type of agents or gases in their detectors.
No one in the stand was affected. This might be a reason to say the students from the band and drill team had longer exposure to the mold, and therefore it had time to develop in their lungs. However, one of the fireman got sick soon after entering the scene. This is clear evidence that some sort of virus on the move. Mold also has a very foul and pungent smell, but they report no strange smell.

The Houston Independent School District says the students began suffering from severe nausea, dizziness, vomiting and heart palpitations.
-
A student told FOX 26 News he began to smell something funny when he saw his sister lose consciousness.
If we are to believe the myfox housten article we can add dizziness, vomiting and heart palpitations to the list of symptoms. And a student 'began' to smell something strange after people started getting sick. Assuming we believe this version of the story, if it were mold the smell wouldn't suddenly appear, it would have been there the whole time.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
My first guess would be a prank by the football team gone wrong.

Bad prank.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join