It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least 24 people fall ill at HS football game at Barnett Stadium

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Not all mold release odors.

Not all molds are the same nor do they affect people in the same manner from species to species of spore.

I'm just saying it's very likely. Since no gases were detected and no other chemical agents were found, and a virus requires an long incubation period, then mold, or even an air born bacteria would be the most likely cause.

But I've never heard of a bacterium that can cause such illness and such a fast period of time unless it is directly ingested(food borne) and even then we're talking a matter of hours, and food poisoning doesn't usually cause heart palpitation..
edit on 5-11-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Link got taken down O_o???

abclocal.go.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Here you guys.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Did anyone else notice when she said " you were able to.....complete...the program" then she kinda of gets upset.

or am i being overly suspicious?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by sLiCk93
Did anyone else notice when she said " you were able to.....complete...the program" then she kinda of gets upset.

or am i being overly suspicious?

I don't think that sounded suspicious, but there is a comment on that myfoxhouston.com article I thought was interesting. It sounds like there may be something in the air causing it:

"PlatinumNurse 2 hours ago
I live in the Northshore area of town...I-10 East & Normandy between 9:30 & 10:00, I began swelling an odor in my home. The odor is very strong outside now. Neighbors are complaining of throat iritations, palpitations & nausea....What's going on????

Source: www.myfoxhouston.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Wavehunter

I live in the Northshore area of town...I-10 East & Normandy between 9:30 & 10:00, I began swelling an odor in my home. The odor is very strong outside now. Neighbors are complaining of throat iritations, palpitations & nausea....What's going on????
Everyone better pray that person is lying.

edit: when I first saw the symptoms I considered radiation poisoning, but that seems highly unlikely.
edit on 5-11-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Herbert Griffin, an assistant fire chief, said whatever students were exposed to came from the concessions area, and no one was hospitalized.

2 dozen people fall ill, hazmat team sent to high school football game

David Almaguer, Houston Fire Department assistant chief, told KTRK-TV that the victims had been taken to several local hospitals.

22 Students Hospitalized After Falling Ill at Houston High School Football Game

Assistant Houston Fire Department Chief David Almaguer said a blood drive earlier Friday at Austin could have played a role in the illnesses. Food poisoning was all but ruled out.

Houston stadium partially cleared, 22 hospitalized from football game

"The kids all ate at different places, some of them ate at different times... but they did have something in their stomachs. At this point, it remains a little unclear what set it off," said Dr. David Purse. "It's still a mystery right now."

Nearly 2 dozen fall ill at HS football game between Austin and Yates at Barnett Stadium

Does anyone see a problem here? These contradictions are some what suspicious.
edit on 5-11-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Cue some Iranian drunk car salesman to take the blame in

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Bands line up to march in. They need to figure out how they marched in and what placement those affected had- were they close to each other in line? What was the route?

The fact that they had heart palpitations to me is interesting. Nausea vomiting, all that, I get, but heart palpitations with it, that's interesting.

Oh yeah- 2 dozen would be 24, so 22 is about 2 dozen. That seems fair in reporting to me.

I do see one article saying funny smell and students saying no smell at all.
Wasn't there a prediction about a chemical attack coming- I think midwest?
I don't know exactly this area. What state was this?

Hydrogen selenide?
edit on 5-11-2011 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Edit: I see people here saying they all ate at the same place, but an article saying they ate at different places. If they were on an away game, it's likely they ate at the same place. Or they could have eaten at the same place, but all had a contaminated snack at the same place/concession stand. Possibly the opposing team intentionally trying to prank them with something to make them ill and it went too far?

There are plenty of gases that you only smell for a few moments before they kind of "burn out" your sense of smell.
Though they didn't detect any gases.

I am putting my money on massive food poisoning.
My friend and I both got food poisoning from wendy's, we ate at the same time and we fell ill at almost precisely the same time, I'm talking within minutes. I almost remember we both started vomiting at the same time (I was driving, pulled over, and it just hit us, both sick at the same instance).

So if that many people all ate food and got food poisoning, it is very likely this could happen.
So I say that's the culprit.
edit on 5-11-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Assistant Houston Fire Department Chief David Almaguer said a blood drive earlier Friday at Austin could have played a role in the illnesses.

www.maxpreps.com...

How would the fire fighter become sick only after being in the area? Did he/she attend the blood drive as well? I wonder how sick the fire fighter was, like maybe did he/she just feel nauseous? Maybe it was power of the mind... hopefully, I think how quickly the fire fighter became ill after being in the area is the most peculiar thing.
So many questions and not enough answers

edit on 5-11-2011 by bottle because: added source?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by bottle

Actually the guy in the second video at this link said that very few of the kids attended the blood drive. So that is unlikely it. Also the firefighter wasn't really affected by it. I am still going with food poisoning or prank gone wrong.

abclocal.go.com.../local&id=8419927

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
Edit: I see people here saying they all ate at the same place, but an article saying they ate at different places. If they were on an away game, it's likely they ate at the same place. Or they could have eaten at the same place, but all had a contaminated snack at the same place/concession stand. Possibly the opposing team intentionally trying to prank them with something to make them ill and it went too far?

There are plenty of gases that you only smell for a few moments before they kind of "burn out" your sense of smell.
Though they didn't detect any gases.

I am putting my money on massive food poisoning.
My friend and I both got food poisoning from wendy's, we ate at the same time and we fell ill at almost precisely the same time, I'm talking within minutes. I almost remember we both started vomiting at the same time (I was driving, pulled over, and it just hit us, both sick at the same instance).

So if that many people all ate food and got food poisoning, it is very likely this could happen.
So I say that's the culprit.

The ones that said they smelt something got sick the two ladies in the chnl13 interview neither got sick nor smelt anything. Also food poisoning does not sound right either. Only victims were at the game. No one in the stands got sick and I am sure that they would be eating the stuff provided at the game. Out of the ones that got sick they did not eat at the same places according to a couple of the reports that I read. also the fact the the fire person got sick indicates that the cause was on the field.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by remembering

Yeah, but we don't know if the band kids shared something. Who knows, they could have shared food, or even a drug.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Well the pranksters ought to fess up because this whole thing is boggling my mind. I guess the firefighter not being effected makes it a lot less mind-boggling, though.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Also the firefighter wasn't really affected by it.
The firefighter was affected by it one way or another. Some reports say he was also hospitalized. You can't get a "little bit" ill by being near people with food poising. He was showing the same symptoms as the rest of them.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

But the final reports were that he thought he felt something, then continued on, and ended up working and transporting kids to the hospital. I think he maybe have thought he smelled or felt something and panicked.

He was showing the same symptoms as the rest of them.

Not by the reports I am seeing.
Watch the second video from the link I posted a few replies up.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
That doesnt sound good. How is it every morning I come here to check the conspiracy news and its always bad.
hope they be ok.

Can we have some nice conspiracy news for a change

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I don't know if this could be related but Friday there was a toxic chemical release at one of the refineries in the Beaumont/Port Arthur area (I think it was Dupont but not sure). Anyway, this is only about an hour east of Houston and it was really windy yesterday. I don't remember the name of the chemical (caught it on the local news last night) but symptoms included respiratory problems and nausea. Some people at the plant had to be hospitalized.

I'm not sure it's related as I don't know which direction the wind was blowing, but it's worth looking at. It's too early and haven't had enough coffee yet but will try to add a link to story.

Dupont: Chemical Release

Thought it was interesting to note that on the news they said that it was an colorless gas that smells like fish but that part isn't mentioned. Also that in the story on the website it says it was a liquid spill when on the television report they said it was a gas. Not just on this particular news report but the same on another channels news report also. We watch one channel at 6 and another at 10. Just found it odd.
edit on 5-11-2011 by littled16 because: Read link better- I'm sleepy!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Many pathogens can be delivered in aerosols. Anthrax is one. I wonder if anyone was checked for barium poisoning. That's airborne these days in some locales. Barium poisoning causes flu like symptoms like nausea and vomiting. It also makes your mouth tingle. I won't say a word about the sources of barium. I don't want the trolls to carry me away.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join