It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least 24 people fall ill at HS football game at Barnett Stadium

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Therian

True..
Gross story when I was a kid I was riding in the car with my family. I had drunk several glasses of milk (i was like 5) before getting in the car for a 5 hour trip. I was sitting in my moms lap when I puked everywhere. That caused her to puke, then my uncle in the front seat looked back and it made him puke. My dad was driving.. he pulled over, but never puked. Anyway, some people can't handle seeing people vomit and I think it is actually a surprising amount of people.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

It seems like it is not working.
I tried it again with no luck.
When you click the link,on the left side click on houston news.

abclocal.go.com.../local&id=8419927

edit on 5-11-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

www.facebook.com...
edit on 5-11-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

That's interesting, they say it might have been caused by a car or generator running in the vicinity. While carbon monoxide is colorless and odorless in its pure form, it's extremely unlikely the fumes from a car or generator would go unnoticed until the moment people started dropping like flies. It's also highly unlikely it would target a specific group of people unless only one specific area was being filled with the fumes.

EDIT: here's the link Nearly 2 dozen fall ill at HS football game at Barnett Stadium
edit on 5-11-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Saw the news awhile ago. Reported that all students and the firefighter are now at their homes recouperating. Still claiming it's unknown at this time. Hazmat has pulled out w/their investigations. School district is continueing theirs. Saw the post up above about the carbon monoxide. That'd have to be a high concentration in an open football field because they were performing when it started. It was windy, so it's possible an invisible cloud could've hit a specific spot, but the wind was too high to make sense. Prank? Surely they checked the instruments afterwards. Oh well, guess we'll have to wait for the official announcement.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
when it comes to carbon monoxide, i say BS. highly unlikely, considering where it happened.

you may want to read this:
www.abovetopsecret.com... (first and last post)
just remember, don't jump into conclusions before following all links from the last post (this one: www.abovetopsecret.com... ).

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedi_hamster
when it comes to carbon monoxide, i say BS. highly unlikely, considering where it happened.

you may want to read this:
www.abovetopsecret.com... (first and last post)
just remember, don't jump into conclusions before following all links from the last post (this one: www.abovetopsecret.com... ).

I work in a small engine shop and we drive machines in and out of the shop all day long with no problem. The shop is not that big and CO levels would not take long to build up and they never have. Any one that works with gas machines like that knows first hand this is BS. They were out side in the open and got hit like this? Does any one even remember hearing any engines running close by at the time? So a clould of CO just blow in and landed on them? Not buying it one bit but I have known for stranger things to happen. Will have to keep an eye on this one.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
The thing I'm wondering, what could provide a source of virtually pure carbon monoxide? And most importantly, why didn't they detect it when they were testing the air? If it was still strong enough to affect the firefighter it should have easily been detected. What disturbs me is that the firefighter supposedly got sick after examining a girl who was breathing heavily. All signs point to a virus, and they just don't want to admit it.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jedi_hamster

Holy hell...this thread is disturbing: Illness in Texas and South West region of US

Symptoms:
Slight Chills
Dizzy-Flashing in Eyes
Nausea-Gastric Disturbance-Soft full stool or several thin snake shaped stools
Weak or Low Energy get tired easily (just a general sense of not well)
Headaches(some localized sharp pains in temple area)
Feel warm like you have a fever but may not register with thermometer.
Noticeable Irregular Heartbeat (skips flutters also known as Premature Atrial Contractions)

That is almost the exact same set of symptoms. All it's missing is vomiting.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
maybe connected to the earthquakes... any bird die offs in texas lately?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
In my opinion the most likely cause of this event would be some sort of gas. A gas leak in a relatively small area would be present in concentrations high enough to affect just that area, dissipating as it moved outward. If the firefighter was in this area as well, his getting sick could have been because the leak was still present.

The fact that someone reported smelling something could help in determining what type of gas, although it would depend on how many people could smell it, and what it smelled like to them. Some gases cannot be smelled, and only certain people can smell other types of gases. This seems like the most likely scenario imo.

I don't think it was mold, or some type of virus, simply because of the sheer speed at which people were getting sick. The firefighter getting sick lends credence to this claim, since he couldn't have been on the scene for very long. I suppose we will see.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

If the firefighter was in this area as well, his getting sick could have been because the leak was still present.
Now explain why they wouldn't detect a common chemical such as carbon monoxide if it was still present.

The fact that someone reported smelling something could help in determining what type of gas,
As far as I can tell, only one single person reported smelling anything.

edit: I do agree that much of the evidence suggests a deadly gas exposure, and I assume that's why they immediately made that assumption. However, it clearly couldn't have been carbon monoxide. I doubt such a potent cloud of carbon monoxide was able to accumulate in such an open area, and I highly doubt they would have missed it in the tests. If it was a gas, it was most likely something extremely toxic in low levels, and not easily detectable.
edit on 6-11-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Did anyone think to check out their uniforms? Something could have been used, or deliberately sprayed on some of the uniforms, and as they marched or played, even in open air, it could have been activated by perspiration and entered through their skin from the fabric. This could have also been how the firefighter was contaminated.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
When this first broke, I remember either the articles or the reporters on vid saying that they tested for C0 & did NOT detect it.

I would think a HAZMAT team in one of countries larger cities would be able to figure this out.

If it was from the bus-there is a vid of the bus leaving with the Austin side leaving. (People that were left.)

C0 my left buttock. Doesn't sound right, doesn't feel right, doesn't look right. But I could be wrong-wouldn't be the first time or the last time.

Parents said Saturday that doctors discovered high levels of toxins in their children's blood. For Galvan, the diagnosis was chemical inhalation. He was treated for carbon monoxide

I'd like to see the results on all tests they gave those children!

Galvan's father, who is also a band chaperone, says the hospital told him there were likely high levels of carbon monoxide in the air. He added that HISD has agreed to cover their medical costs.

Gee......C0 was NOT found on scene, upon responding to the call. Or at least that's what they said-that night.

The mystery behind what caused this incident remains, and HISD police are still investigating. HFD spokesperson Patrick Trahan said Saturday that their investigation WILL PICK BACK UP on Monday after they have results from the doctors of all students involved.

Pick back up??? 22 kids sick. No good reason. & it will pick back up Monday?

If I were one of the parents & heard "pick back up Monday" - I'd
be madder than heck.

I understand they have to wait til they get all the reports back from the hospitals. But, 22 kids sick. I'd be pounding the beat until I got some kind of answers. NOT waiting til Monday!

At this point, with the "facts" that have been presented: it seems totally bizarre. Nothing makes sense!

edit on 6-11-2011 by nerdyclutzyblonde because: Ding dong (me) hit reply instead of preview. Sorry.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
There was also an incident like this in an Ohio school. They ruled out carbon monoxide poisoning.

Schools were closed and buildings checked. They found nothing. School resumes Monday.

www.wtov9.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by witchof43

THAT is a mighty big coincidence don't you guys think? A dozen kids got sick on the SAME day as the kids at the Houston football game got sick.

The strange incident Thursday caused nearly a dozen students to be transported to the hospital for symptoms like headaches and nausea.
Interesting...

The agent came equipped with three devices: one to check for carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide, one to check for sewer gases and a third to test for petroleum substances.
Yet they found nothing...

When NEWS9 spoke with Blackmore by phone, she said the agent finally determined that all potentially harmful substances were nonexistent.
Yet the children were sick with something...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Did a quick google and found another incident on the same day. They claim a norovirus is to blame.

record-eagle.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
WOW! More than 100 students all fell sick on the same day! On a Wednesday, 2 days before the other events. This is getting weird. I found a better source for that story you just found.

"Everybody had the same symptoms, it was a stomach virus, vomiting, and they were just feeling lousy," said Cook.

The school has 310 students. Wednesday, more than 100 missed school, and Thursday, 80 stayed home sick. Benzie-Leelanau County Health Department investigated the at-first mysterious illness, and officials say Norovirus is extremely contagious and can be spread by air, surface, food, and water.

"It’s transmittable from the time you have symptoms, shortly before then, until after the symptoms are gone," said Health Official Bill Crawford.

The school sent home a health department letter tonight warning parents of the illness and encouraging parents to keep their sick children at home. It also encourages a stay away from school for 72 hours after they feel better. The entire school has been completely disinfected.

"It’s just so contagious even the best efforts sometimes don't cause positive results," said Crawford.

Illness sweeps through Benzie Co. school

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Ok...this is getting downright creepy. I just found...3 2 MORE similar events that ALL seemed to have happened on Wednesday (although the last one is late Tuesday).
edit: just realized the first story is actually the same as another. Last two seem different though.

BELLAIRE, Ohio -- A principal and 13 students were treated at local hospitals after a becoming ill at a Belmont County high school.

Initially, officials thought the students became ill from a natural gas leak, but Columbia Gas workers said there were no signs of a leak. And as of 5 p.m., it was still unknown what made people at St. John Central High School sick.

Belmont County emergency dispatchers said they initially received reports that several people at the school were suffering from headaches, eye irritation, vomiting and nausea.

"Emergency responders immediately conducted tests and determined there were no elevated levels of natural gas or carbon monoxide in the structure Thursday," stated a news release from Pat DeFrancis, director of communications for the Diocese of Steubenville.

13 students taken to hospitals after becoming sick at St. John Central; cause unknown

SIOUX CITY, Iowa (KTIV) - More than 85 children at Joy Elementary in Sioux City were out sick Wednesday. Superintendent Paul Gausman says they aren't seeing this at other schools within the district.

He says they will be contacting all parents at the school to address the issue. Many students are experiencing flu like symptoms, but it's unclear what is causing them to be sick.

Gausman says they're disinfecting the building and watching the numbers closely.

School officials to address sick children issue at Joy Elementary

KNOXVILLE (WATE) - Three ill students at Gibbs High School were taken to East Tennessee Children's Hospital Tuesday afternoon, according to Knox County school officials.

Spokeswoman Melissa Copelan says the district doesn't know what caused the students to become sick and doesn't have any information about their conditions.

Sick Knox County high school students taken to hospital

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Wait, I'm not done yet, here's ANOTHER similar event, although this event occurred on the 31st of October (7 days ago) 28th Oct (10 days ago). Most of the other events happened about 3 days ago.

Cleaning crews spent part of the weekend cleaning a Hastings elementary school after more than 80 students came down with flu like symptoms on Friday.

A number of students called out sick. Does this mean the flu has hit the Tri-Cities?

Unofficially, experts think the students suffered from the Norovirus, otherwise known as the stomach flu rather than the influenza virus.
The Norovirus is highly contagious and given the close quarters in school, it did spread fast.

Crews clean school after dozens of students become sick

It's interesting that this article also mentions the norovirus, however nearly every single article says that they are "waiting for the official results".

edit: this entire event needs it's own thread imo.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

I am with you. I think it is gas. Food poisoning isn't going to start all at the same time and affect someone walking onto the field. I also don't buy the running car generator thing, neither put off enough carbon monoxide, especially in open air, to make everyone sick.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join