It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello Everyone. New Member Here looking For Some Advice

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Well, i took everyone's advice and spoke to some additional neighbors. I was able to find one four houses away who has lived there for the past 12 years. I have to admit, what he told me is making this story almost unbelievable to me. I know i'll probably get blasted for repeating what he told me, but it's becoming very serious at this point. He claims that the people who lived here immediately before us were more than just a little screwed up. He claimed that the guy, who went by the nickname 'swamp', had been in prison for 9 years for a lewd act on a minor. He also claimed that they frequently had young girls from around the neighborhood spend the night. That's only part of it though. He also claimed that the guy and his girlfriend were heavy into witchcraft. Ummm....what the hell? If there is someone on here who is very knowledgeable about this type of thing, i would appreciate a private message.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
...This just sounds worse & worse...I hope you get the answers you seek sooner rather then later..We have many good posters here with experience. I hope someone or someones can help you & your family..Best of Luck

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

I'd like to find out what this 'swamp' dude's real name is. If what the neighbor said is true, it shouldn't be hard for me to verify. Well, the child molestation part anyway. If he spent 9 years in prison for it, he would have to be a registered sex offender, right?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2NDAR
reply to post by Quetzalcoatl12

Hmmm....here's a thought, and i could very easily be completely wrong here. Is it true that bad wiring can cause high electromagnetic fields in the house? And that those fields can cause people who are sensitive to them to become paranoid or start having hallucinations? As I said in an earlier post, this house was built in the 70's. It wasn't in the greatest shape when we moved in, and we already know the plumbing is somewhat suspect. I know this doesn't really have anything to do with what you said, but it is something that i'd heard in the past that i just thought of. Sorry for that.

I suppose and I hope for you sake that is the case. I'm about the same age as you (31) and the house that I grew up in was made in the 60's, although we did have half the house rebuilt in the early 90's, and neither I or my brother never had experiences like your daughter is having however, she could be more a sensitive to EMF
phenomena .

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlomaRa
reply to post by 2NDAR

I saw and experienced things when I was young that scared me very badly. My parents dismissed as nothing so I quit talking about it. I went to bed scared every night and slept with my head under pillows and covers. Weird things happened into my teens. As an adult I have not had anything like that happen, I think mainly I have closed that part of myself that could "see" or sense these things. I am very curious about them but have not done anything active to investigate, however I am going to start soon. (my curiosity is overwhelming and with all the new tech to test it seems like a good time!) I am so glad you actually have taken the time to talk to your daughter and consider that she is telling the truth. The mirror could be a problem, try removing and see what happens. I would also, as some have stated, put in a video/audio recorder to see what you come up with. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

I'm sorry, I'm very intrigued by what you experienced, care to talk about it. If not I understand.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Quetzalcoatl12

Thanks. At this point I'm pretty certain that it is not the EMF thing. I'm also thinking that taking her to any type of counselor is probably a waste of time.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AlomaRa

I'm sorry you had to experience that when you were younger. That's pretty much why I came here. I didn't want to assume she was lying or making it up. This is the only place I knew of where most people wouldn't automatically say that it's all in her head and i should put her on medication. She's a healthy young girl, so having her strung out on any kind of drugs just isn't really an option to me.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 2NDAR

I might add, set up a camera too. You need to be sure if either she made it up to get more attention or if it is a paranormal phenomenon. By putting a camera, if you see her watch something and/or talk to something, that might lead to a paranormal phenomenon. Otherwise it is probably to get more attention. But honestly i don't believe a thing of what you wrote. Anyway if you record it and happen to see something weird or unusual, upload it !

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

He claims that the people who lived here immediately before us were more than just a little screwed up. He claimed that the guy, who went by the nickname 'swamp', had been in prison for 9 years for a lewd act on a minor. He also claimed that they frequently had young girls from around the neighborhood spend the night. That's only part of it though. He also claimed that the guy and his girlfriend were heavy into witchcraft. Ummm....what the hell? If there is someone on here who is very knowledgeable about this type of thing, i would appreciate a private message.

Ok, but.....what happened to these two people?

Did they die? Or just happen to leave a demon they summoned behind in the house?

I know you said you are not religious, but that your wife is. Perhaps it's time to get the house blessed by a priest!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by _damon

Yeah. I'm definitely going to do that now. The problem is that I only know of the three instances that I mentioned in the op. I have a feeling there is a lot more than what she is telling us so far due to the fact that she'll talk to us a little and then shutdown almost mid-sentence. So, I only know of three instances of her claiming she was told something over a three month span. The odds of catching that on video I'm thinking is pretty slim. Worth a try though considering the potential to catch something.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Ok, but.....what happened to these two people?

Did they die? Or just happen to leave a demon they summoned behind in the house?

I know you said you are not religious, but that your wife is. Perhaps it's time to get the house blessed by a priest!

To be honest with you, I don't know what happened to them. I was just talking to the wife a few minutes ago and suggested that we contact the leasing agency as soon as possible and find out the conditions of how they left. Whether it was an eviction, them breaking their lease, or simply leaving at lease end. Some kind of information would be nice though since the circumstances of them leaving the house might help explain some of what's happening. I'm pretty sure they did not die though. There is no way the neighbors would not have known or told us about that.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 2NDAR

I only ask because I got this book at the library the other day that might be of interest to you.

It's called, "The Practical Psychic Self - Defense Handbook." By Robert Bruce.

It deals with all sorts of psychic attacks and for defending against, and there is a chapter that deals with children who are under attack.

Not necessarily that I believe in any of this, but the book caught my interest.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by marvinthemartian
reply to post by 2NDAR

I would set up a video camera in her room without telling her and see if you can catch anything hapening.

This.Certainly this is concerning if it is true.Before assuming it's paranormal,I would have your daughter checked out to rule out any kind of mental illness.I'm not saying that to insult you or to doubt your story.This could be anything from mental illness,to a kid's imagination(which I doubt) to the paranormal.For her sake,go that route first.
edit on 4-11-2011 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
First, please do NOT get rid of that mirror. The mirror is probably the way they got in, as would any mirror or standing pool of water. You can remove it from her room though, along with any other large reflective surface.

My daughter is clairvoyant and has always been sensitive. She's now 21 but when she was younger, she used to tell me about all manner of beings around us. She would talk about trolls in the forest and spirits at home. I never paid any attention to it, really. The odd mumblings about "there's nothing there" or "really? wow!"-sort of things. I wish now that I had listened. These days, we work together with energies that come to call and do a variety of energy work in general.

The first thing that springs to mind is that energies are attracted by energies. Simply, your daughter has attracted them by being a young female. I don't mean that they weren't there before. They seem to have quite literally "created a monster", probably using heavy emotional attachment to events that went on in that house.

In the South there, everything looks like witchcraft so you can't rely on any unbiased statements from neighbors. There are so many kinds of witchcraft, too, some of them are helpful and beneficial so don't drop into any sort of fear about it broadly.

Her sensitivity is something that is becoming more prevalent in our kind now so please don't think about trying to shut it down. This is a perfect opportunity for her to build her willpower and shut the "evils" down with no further ado. If you could stay with her in the evenings after she goes to sleep, see if you sense anything yourself. If she then starts to communicate with them, trust that she really can do so!

It would be good to let her know that they cannot hurt her, that they cannot make her do anything. They are powerless, like people on tv. She needs to know that she's safe with her family and in her home. The more sure she is of that, the better things will proceed. You are probably aware of the power of belief. This is a good proving ground. Her willpower is her strongest weapon and that is true in every aspect of life. This is no exception.

Very important to remember too is that none of you should allow fear to come into your lives because of this. Fear is what created this and fear will feed it. Better would be to feel benevolence here, if not outright love. That's not what those energies are after so it will weaken them. I've done it before and still always greet new "visitors" with the same benevolence and love, no matter what they're seeking.

Without knowing specifically how they have achieved this feat, it would be difficult, if not impossible, to create an "antidote", so to speak. There will be no guidelines to give without that sort of information so benevolence is the best option for now. I don't know if Woodwych would be able to help you. Once you reach your 20 posts, you could private message her for whatever info she can give. I'm sure she'd be very pleased to assist you if she can.

Do listen for those spirits or whatever they might be. If you can find someone through a theosophical society or some such local psychic organization, it would probably give you a good bit of insight into what's really going on. If witchcraft really was involved, you might seek the assistance of a Wicca. There will be plenty in that area, I assure you. Just getting a good psychic would really be of immense help and s/he would probably be able to give you solid advice and assistance to deal with this.

You don't want to leave this for too very long because these energies are quite persistent and may start to take a toll on her young heart and mind. Best to get started trying to make things as unappealing to those energies as possible. Keep your spirits high and know that you will be rid of this problem soon enough. It will take a good deal of self-discovery too. You sound like really nice people with a great deal of love for each other, and that's already half the battle there. Just leave fear out of things. Have faith in your daughter's love for you. Reiterate your love for her. Keep all of your words positive. No negative statements at all, not even to make a positive statement (e.g., "We would never hurt you", "we wouldn't let anything hurt you", "you wouldn't hurt us", etc). Opt preferably for "We all love each other so much!" or "Our family is the best ever!" or "We take good care of each other because we love each other" and that sort of thing. Don't reiterate the language she says they use by reversing it with a negative. Change the language entirely. That changes the polarization of the energy and yours will be stronger. What you say will be her truth. She can repeat your words to them when they contact her. Her own strength will weaken them.

When you do reach your 20 posts, please do send me a private message

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

No offense taken. I'm open to all possibilities, and I have considered this even though i'm pretty certain that is not the case. Thank you for taking the time to offer up a suggestion. Actually, thanks to everybody who has chimed in to offer assistance.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Intriguing experience to be sure. I would have to say to look into any physical/psychological explanations first. No one can force you to medicate your child. If we can rule that out, then you can proceed with the paranormal explanation and work on it from there.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

If she is actually able to communicate with 'spirits', that's surely not something I want to discourage. I would view something like that as a gift that I am envious of. I myself have never seen a spirit or an alien, so although I would never say I don't believe in them, I can also not say that I do until it's something that I have witnessed for myself. She is making me wonder with all this though.
Regarding your comments about saying anything that has a negative connotation, I hadn't looked at it from the perspective you presented me with. Admittedly, I know I'm guilty of saying some of the things you used as examples. Witnessing what appears to be an attack on my family has caused me to become angry at times. Even more so because I don't know exactly what is going on. I will try what you suggested pertaining the positive reinforcement for my daughter. Thank you so much for taking the time to put together such a well thought out response.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

reply to post by j.r.c.b.

I'd like to find out what this 'swamp' dude's real name is. If what the neighbor said is true, it shouldn't be hard for me to verify. Well, the child molestation part anyway. If he spent 9 years in prison for it, he would have to be a registered sex offender, right?

I am going to assume he should be registered as a sex offender if he had to serve jail time...Definitely interesting, if what the neighbor said was true..If your able to get his real name & he is a registered sex offender, I would hope you could find him online at the National Registry for sex offenders...Some of those people get lost in the system from what I have heard though....Good Luck on your search & please keep us updated...very interesting.....

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 2NDAR

I've had a huge number of events that led me to know these things really exist. I wasn't won over easily either.

I too had always been envious of psychics, empaths, healers and the like. I thought it would be the coolest thing in the world be have such an ability. Some bizarre things started happening in my life a few years ago and a very spiritual friend of mine suggested that I see a particularly good psychic here. I did. It was the start of the New Me. You might be coming to such a place in your lives too. Don't be afraid of any of it. It's absolutely thrilling, to be honest. There is nothing to be afraid of at all. Remember that at all times, no matter how things seem.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 2NDAR

well sounds like you live in a haunted house. If there are ghosts in your house, the whole family should go into your daughter's bedroom and tell them you are a family and you love eachother and this is your house.
Tell them they need to go. You should all trying sleeping in her bedroom together for about a week and see if anything happens. Unfortunately, ghosts are real so try that. If you tell her Dr. you are right about the drugs. Your poor little daughter, that must be very scary for her. good luck and God bless

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join