The Moon Is Upsidedown Tonight ! Las Vegas, Nevada

page: 40
24
<< 37  38  39    41 >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Just wanted to shared this larger version of a fine example from earlier:




posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I have a thought about all of those 'normal' sky phenomenon, such as the moon being on its back, sun-dogs, double rainbows, etc.. None of those are things I have seen in my life, until recently (about two years ago), yet for so many this is 'normal' reality. I will get a lot of flag for it, bring it on, but here it goes:

What is if all of this has to do with the TIME-SLIP phenomenon. There are many threads on here in regards to people who know of dead celebrities, who are now alive again, people who only remember one Atomic bomb, not two, people who do not remember Australia ever looking the way it does now, and New Zealand being West, not East.

I don't want to go into this whole argument, about what is "real' and 'true'. I am just saying, what is if those people (including myself), also do not know a world where the moon looks the way it does (on its back)? What is if in 'our old world' this was just not a normal occurrence? Yet, for people who have always been in this wolrd (think parallel Universes) this has always been like that and they call us crazy?

As a side note, I had a near death experience, and after my world is just not how I used to know it (never ever seen double rainbows in my whole life, now it is the most normal thing, never seen the moon like this, only know for certain of one atomic bomb, etc.). I believe I actually died in the world I used to know, and am alive in this one, which is just a little off


Now go ahead, shred me to pieces...but I am sure there are a few who can absolutely relate. Peace to you, not easy living in a world that is just a bit different than what I used to know, and been called crazy and stupid and what not.



posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by loveus
I have a thought about all of those 'normal' sky phenomenon, such as the moon being on its back, sun-dogs, double rainbows, etc.. None of those are things I have seen in my life, until recently (about two years ago), yet for so many this is 'normal' reality. I will get a lot of flag for it, bring it on, but here it goes:

What is if all of this has to do with the TIME-SLIP phenomenon. There are many threads on here in regards to people who know of dead celebrities, who are now alive again, people who only remember one Atomic bomb, not two, people who do not remember Australia ever looking the way it does now, and New Zealand being West, not East.

I don't want to go into this whole argument, about what is "real' and 'true'. I am just saying, what is if those people (including myself), also do not know a world where the moon looks the way it does (on its back)? What is if in 'our old world' this was just not a normal occurrence? Yet, for people who have always been in this wolrd (think parallel Universes) this has always been like that and they call us crazy?

As a side note, I had a near death experience, and after my world is just not how I used to know it (never ever seen double rainbows in my whole life, now it is the most normal thing, never seen the moon like this, only know for certain of one atomic bomb, etc.). I believe I actually died in the world I used to know, and am alive in this one, which is just a little off


Now go ahead, shred me to pieces...but I am sure there are a few who can absolutely relate. Peace to you, not easy living in a world that is just a bit different than what I used to know, and been called crazy and stupid and what not.



Isn't it a much more reasonable explanation that people have memories that don't always work perfectly?



posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus
 


The problem is "Reasonable and "Fact" are not always in agreement. One can have nothing to do with the other. Have you ever taken a poll with 100 total strangers and looked at the numbers that say they don't know why but something is not right , that they don't ever remember a boat moon ever till recent years.
I am not saying that the pic in the launch photo wasn't real. I am saying it is not supposed to look like that weekly, monthly, yearly



posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby
 


I am not saying that the pic in the launch photo wasn't real. I am saying it is not supposed to look like that weekly, monthly, yearly

It doesn't. It doesn't look like that in the summer.



posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus
 

I hear you, it is just too many occurrences, with too many people saying the same thing. I really do not think that my brain, as well as others is THIS bad. Again, if you haven't experienced it yourself, you can not possibly understand. There are things you simply 'know', such as rainbows were always single, all of a sudden so many are double, and it is the most 'normal' thing for many. I look up in the sky, comment on the this 'new thing' and the person next to me looks at me like I am crazy, saying "we always had double rainbows, nothing new." Well to me it is. It is beautiful, but sure not 'normal' for me.
Not something easily explained by brain memory, at least not for me. You tell me I can't remember double rainbows since my childhood? Well, I can't. And this is just ONE example of many occurrences.



posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
reply to post by Uncinus
 


The problem is "Reasonable and "Fact" are not always in agreement. One can have nothing to do with the other. Have you ever taken a poll with 100 total strangers and looked at the numbers that say they don't know why but something is not right , that they don't ever remember a boat moon ever till recent years.
I am not saying that the pic in the launch photo wasn't real. I am saying it is not supposed to look like that weekly, monthly, yearly

Well clearly you and others' have faulty memories or incomplete observational abilities; as that and other photos prove, it looked like that many decades ago. Now you're moving the goalposts and admitting that it did look like that in the past, but for some reason you have not explained, it "shouldn't" look like that every year. Do explain how it is that it looked like that back in 1971, but only then and not regularly between then and now.



posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Guys, he was a shoreline fisherman.

I mean come on. No way his memory is bad.



posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus
 


You say,,


Guys, he was a shoreline fisherman. I mean come on. No way his memory is bad.


What is your point? You never seen anyone surf fish? You don't get out much then.

Are you saying because as a young man I surf fished that means something is wrong with my memory? Does that mean if you own a computer you have a higher IQ than those who don't? Or if you go fishing on a boat you either know more or less about tidal waves than someone that rides a bike? What are you getting at?



posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby
 



If you read the link I posted earlier you will see that this type of moon is only supposed to be on or very near the equator.

With all due respect, that is not what the article says. Now rather than attempt another futile explanation, since you seem to trust straightdope.com, why not ask your question there and let us know how it goes?



posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby
 


You yourself used the surf fishing as support for why you never recall having seen the boat moon. It's there, buried somewhere in this thread. I just found it funny that your implication was because you used to surf fish, your memory somehow can't be bad.



posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation
 


Well lets start by supplying my post that you are using as you quote me. I know I said it but I am not going through 40 pages to find the context and whom I was speaking to.



posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby
 


www.abovetopsecret.com...

Believe me or not I'm just trying to help you find a solution.

ETA: The post you referenced containing the link

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 11-12-2012 by DenyObfuscation because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus

Isn't it a much more reasonable explanation that people have memories that don't always work perfectly?


It is, but it's not as science-fictiony.



posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation
 


That link and that post was in response to Chadwickus. Even he said I was right in the very next post. We were talking about something totally different..



posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
reply to post by DenyObfuscation
 


Well lets start by supplying my post that you are using as you quote me. I know I said it but I am not going through 40 pages to find the context and whom I was speaking to.


Here you go


post by CherubBaby
 


Originally posted by CherubBaby
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People
 


I want you to know something fiirst. I truely respect you and your conclusions etc. But even more then that . You are possibly the only person that has ttalked to me in a decent way CONSISTANTLY while trying to contribute knowlege and opinion etc. I appreciate it but I don't stellarium at this point in time. I am not saying I can't be wrong. I will however make my conclusions based on my own research. I don't believe for a minute that I lived 45 years and never noticed the moon like this. I lived on the beach and worked on the coast , the desert, night surf fishing, deep sea fishing at night, Military service etc and I am not slow or without focus..



posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
reply to post by DenyObfuscation
 


That link and that post was in response to Chadwickus. Even he said I was right in the very next post. We were talking about something totally different..


Chad said you were correct about the shadow.

I'm talking about the quote directing someone to the "link you provided earlier" which was to straightdope.com.



posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus
 


Not at all you completely assassinate what I meant. Or are maybe you know what I am saying about my own life and thoughts better than I do. What I said was,



I don't believe for a minute that I lived 45 years and never noticed the moon like this. I lived on the beach and worked on the coast , the desert, night surf fishing, deep sea fishing at night, Military service etc and I am not slow or without focus..

Where does the moon set? In a general heading? North? East? N.E.? no it sets in the West basically. If you are fishing at night in the surf , do you think you going to be looking at the sun at midnight due west or the moon? Which one would you see more often through the night, time after time. How many distractions are there at midnight when it's you the ocean and the moon? The desert is no different. Deep sea fishing ? you tell me.

I am a Marine and I was standing on the "Yellow Foot Prints" on my 17th birthday. The very day I turned 17 and I wasn't slow or drunk and I sure wasn't senile or blind. Can we lay this chapter to rest?



posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby
 


I watched the moon all year this past year, specifically with this post in mind. I remember this July and August seeing the first quarter Moon approaching moonset in the west, and it appeared NOT as tilted as it appears now. I remember this because I told myself "I wonder if those people on that ATS thread are noticing that the Moon is not as tilted right now as it was last winter"

Just as predicted, and just as our knowledge of the Earth's tilt logically dictates (and just as I remember it doing for all the years I've been skygazing), the waxing crescent or first quarter Moon appeared less tiled in the summer as it does in the winter.



posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321
 


atzil321.

you are "the" man.





new topics

top topics



 
24
<< 37  38  39    41 >>

log in

join