It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: U.K. preparing for military strike on Iran nuclear facilities

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

I'm in Chicago... I feel like its fair to think that something bad could happen on US soil, and if we attack Iran, maybe they wont go toe to toe with us with their military, but they could try the tactic of a "terrorist-like" attack on US soil, and thats what worries me, especially knowing that i live in a major city.....

Like I keep saying.......terrorist attacks or certainly threats of terrorist attacks are much more likely than any Iranian army or navy going head to head with the US.

But as they say.........the terrorist don't necessarily have to let off a bomb to "win"........they merely have to let ordinary civilians feel "terror" or "unsafe".........If they achieve that then the terrorist have achieved their goal......to create "terror" in the minds of the populace.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
who knows what can happen if west strike iran and don't get all their facilities. what stand does russia and china take in this?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I mean "all out war" in that to the Iranian eyes it will seem like a massive bombardment. I think if they only had one target like Iraq or Syria did then they would just sit idly by and take the strike (as did those two). With what Israel will have to do to take out their program, it will look like an all out attack-not just a surgical strike. It cant be one surgical strike when as i posted before-Iran has many military installations that are dispersed throughout the country and will have to be hit.

Originally posted by Logical one

Originally posted by princeofpeace
The only difference is that the strikes on Iraq (and on Syria's reactor a few years ago) were that they struck one target. What would be done to Iran would look like all out bombardment because Israel would have to hit many targets thorughout the country as Iran's program is dispersed in more than a few locations. Combine that with also having to eliminate defense posts around those sites and we're talking about an air campaign that would look like all out war. Not just a single surgical strike on a reactor.

Depends what you mean by "all out war".

The Israeli's supplied by the US, have superior weaponary that would only suffer minimal millitarily insignificant casualties.
Iran remember fought Saddam's Iraq for 8 years.........and Iraq's defenses crumbled in a matter of weeks.
If Israel do go it alone........which I suspect is the most likely outcome.........I suspect a surgical strike by the Israelis.
Iran of course will complain bitterly to the US and the UN.......but protests will fall on deaf ears........Iran's nuclear program will be put back somewhat...........but probably will get rebuilt further down the line.

edit on 3-11-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I'm Quoting Maxmars

"The real question I would ask is why people must die to serve the fear of elite political leaders?"

This is not in response to Maxmars quote, but rather it just clicked a question into existence, and a thought of action. If this so-called 'POWERS THAT BE' are always referenced to as the actual cause or causal to all the afflictions bestowed onto the common man, and that these powers that be can be identified, why cant these evil people/group be exposed or de-throned? or taken down? 99% to 1% seems to favor the 99% throwing off their shackles. I know there are more sheeple than activists, but still they number in the hundred millions.

The only other thing I can think is that Revelations is unfolding and these are the events in play that evolve unto the return if the Messiah/Jesus.

edit on 3-11-2011 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Iran will not stop until Israel is GONE. Annihilated. Understand?

Iran has stated this on several occasions. They actively support anti-Israel terrorism. We know of many such things. This is why the US has listed the IRGC as a terrorist organization.

That's why this is happening.

If Iran is allowed to have the bomb, it will inevitably find itself in the hands of a terrorist. We just cannot let this happen. That region is too unstable for nuclear weapons to be present.

If we could go back in time and convince the iranian's to pursue this issue AT THE UN and NOT through terrorism then we might have been able to prevent all of this from happening.

We should give the palestinian's statehood, but in the same thought we should not allow them to commit terrorist acts against Israel. No rockets. No government support of war and terrorism. If we grant them statehood and they immediately stop aggressions then maybe, maybe... But I don't think that will work because many of the arabs believe ALL of that land is their own. Remember, after Israel was created in 1948, SEVERAL arab nations attacked, not one!
edit on 3-11-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Just one more step to destroying radical Islam. Oh yeah buddy

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I dont understand why every thread on ATS goes "philosophical". Why cant we just duscisss what is going to happen and the different scenarios and outcomes rather that the "whys". The "whys" are nice but its too late for that...lets talk real.

How about strategy, outcome, repercussion, etc.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Don't that sound like strategy, coralling the 1%er's

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

I'm American and I have a suggestion. Instead of ruining your country just come on down to good ol' Merica and destroy the banks.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
UNESCO stated how the world is over-populated
IAEA to hold a meeting monday, they reckon Iran IS ready to consturct a Nuclear Weapon
GERMANY Gives....not sells, but Gives a New Submarine to Israel
World financially set-up (similar to 1929) to collapse
People and Unions are riotong on the streets (Similar to Germany 1923)

Global population under ever secretised threats of Governmental WMDs ???????? UUmmmmmmmmm

Ah well, lets be cheerful

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I have a really hard time understanding how tight security is on other Countries borders.

With the joke of borders we have here in the U.S. on our North and South borders, I wonder how tight it is across the "drink" anywhere else.

Is it THAT hard to make a gasoline bomb in another country and blow people up? No?

Why not? Anyone can make an explosion to hurt people with regional chemicals from any store.

Because the citizens DON'T want to kill each other in another country.

It's NOT human nature. We don't WANT to kill each other.
I'm getting tired of drawing lines in the sand,
literally.

Wish I could help,but I'll get traced as a sympathizer for Syria,Israil,Saudi's,Iraq's,Kuwait's,Paki's, or Afghan freedom fighters(they're the good guys? right? as long as it reads freedom fighter? ) or whomever I'm told to support like a football team.

Getting old. This was probaby not a good time to write my opinion.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Some Interesting Thoughts here on the Globalists Agenda.............

youtu.be...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
China and Russia will not let this happen they have invested to much time and money in Iran's military and nuclear infrastructure. Netanyahu and his zionist puppets don't realise what the consequences of this would mean globally.

Iran in no way has shown any military aggression to the west except for some typical political diatribe usually aimed at the USA and Israel in particular to make himself look popular with his people as all leaders do. They have the right to peaceful nuclear technology and space technology. As usual Israel being the bullies of the middle east. I actually hope they get annihilated by the arabs because they have been asking for it for the past 40+ years.
If this goes ahead(absolutely bat# insane if it does considering the mess we are already in with the economy and middle east) i will be embarassed and ashamed to be British quite frankly

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Whatever happen to that report about the iranian ships coming to america?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

You don't seem to understand that people are individuals.

I don't see how calling a "MAJORITY" of people being brainwashed is at all offensive when compared to enciting murder and mass terror such as nuclear attacks, there is no joke is wishing fro nukes to be dropped. I don't want to be stereotypical, but i see that quote of "lets just drop a nuke and shut them up" alot coming from americans over the internet. It is a very childish saying, and does not give you the right to talk about human lifes in that way. I have know many great people who are american, i do not oppose the american people, in fact i love them as much as my own people... i just cannot get my head around the crap some of you guys come out with.

One persons actions are not a means for everyone else to suffer. War is not fun and games.

Your opinion is also your own, but maybe you do find my opinion offensive because you will find it is closer to the truth. Stop doing what 'they' want you to believe. Iran is harmless, and if anything is simply standing up for itself with defensive measures. They are developing nuclear power as an energy source and have been pushed into a corner by israel and the US.

The truth is that america is scared because of the profits allowing iran to sell higher quantity's of natural energy sources to other nations while generating their own... money creates power, and the last thing the 'west' wants is to have even more competition... however the obvious plot here is that the US will never see any of this energy for itself unless it takes it from them. You don't bully someone for a lifetime and then ask for a favour do you? Because you won't get it.

This is another case of "WMDs" which never existed, and will never exist this time except for the "word of mouth" which will be abusing international law via political persuasion within the IAEA.

Tell me, the US, UK, Israel and others have unknown quantity's of nuclear warheads and hundreds of nuclear energy plants between them. Why are these countries allowed them when iran is not? Iran doesn't even have the intention to create nuclear weapons, the iranians do not need them. It is a crusade from the west to ignore the problems at home (financial, economy, energy, resources). War, Profit, Oil, Assets... that is all there is too it.

You can claim all you want about iran being a provocateur, but at the end of the day you are continuing the feeding of propaganda to others. If iran is so hostile... then tell me, the US continues to terrorise the middle-east along with israel (gaza, being a prime example) and the fact that america is a suck-up to israel when it comes to refusing palestinians the right to be a part of the modern world.

There is alot more going on than what foxnews or the bbc tells its citizens. From the mainstream media's view it is okay for individuals in the 'west' to constantly fire TERROR DRONES in unsactioned attacks on innocent people... but yet iran is the threat? Give me a break.

Note: when i refer to america, i am talking about the government officials, and the general political system.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Why speak in a tone as if you know me personally? And what is with the sarcasm. This is not a joke.... the whole situation is very serious so cut with the childish lashbacks.

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
Why would a Brit be calling for the USA to be nuked anyway

Exactly, i have respect for human life. (and i'd rather you not call me a brit thank you)
The above quote is also an ego at work.

, unless you're a middle-eastern descendant who hates the "west" to begin with?

Quit with the general stereotyping, you are telling me to turn off the TV yet you are the one claiming all middle-eastern people hate the 'west'.

You fail to realise that the 'west' (in terms of the government, and the brainwashed people) are hated by the middle east because of what it has done. If some country rained bombs and TERROR DRONES on your own country how do you think you would feel.

If I had my way, I'd be completely happy with Iran, or any other nation being peaceful and we all live and let live. Perhaps Ahmadinejad would be happy to stop threatening to wipe countries off the map. With a LEADER saying things like that, it's only natural to be a bit paranoid of their activities.

So its okay for Netanyahu and Obama to not only threaten, but launch TERROR DRONES at innocent people? Iran can make threats... it is being bullied. If you push a dog into the corner of a room, it will eventually snap and bite back.

"Sticks and DRONES will break my bones but names will never hurt me."
Who is the real threat to world peace?

With a LEADER saying things like that, it's only natural to be a bit paranoid of their activities.

I do hope you are reffering to Obama, Netanyahu or Cameron.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Good video , I hadn't seen the video before , but Im very interested in this subject .
I hasnt changed the way I look at things , just confirmed alot of things I already knew before.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one

Originally posted by jhn7537

Well if there was a US stike on Iran's nuclear facilities, bases, etc... Do you think that Iran would just do nothing or retaliate?

Iran is not China or Russia.............it doesn't have the millitary capability to "retaliate".........the only thing it could do perhaps is launch a few crude missiles over Saudi Arabia or Israel.
Iran knows that this would only draw more missiles down on them.........so they probably would be limited to terrorist threats.

In the meanwhile, you have an Iranian foreign minister declaring that they are "ready for war" and are "very sure of ourselves. We can defend our country." Seriously, if they weren't so sure of themselves, do think they'd keep enriching uranium to the extent that they do?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

How do you know that Ahmadinejad hasn't conjured something up with Syria? If Assad's people are trying to take him down and Khamenei is trying to take Ahmadinejad down, what do the two of them stand to lose? We know that Assad has threatened NATO if there's an attack on Syria. In that scenario Lebanon and Syria would unleash everything they have on Israel while Iran attacks U.S. warships in the Persian Gulf simultaneously.

China and Russia would stay behind the scenes supplying Iran with whatever they needed through proxies. China is itching for a war with the U.S. indirectly! China recently threatened the U.S. for even considering setting laws into place for throwing tariffs on them if they didn't revalue the Yuan. In the last six months Obama announced that cyber war would be considered an "act of war", and yet China is being singled out almost on a weekly basis for some kind of cyber hacking activity in the U.S by their government. Throw in all of the threats about U.S. presence in the South China Sea, etc., etc., etc. I could literally fill up pages with the threats made back and forth between the U.S. and China almost daily!!

I don't think Iran would be so smug if it didn't have this kind of weight behind them.
edit on 4-11-2011 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

I was trying to show both sides of the picture, I actually agree with you on many things though.

What I meant by dead bodies was not Iran responding but the fanatics using the events as yet another reason to go cause even more havoc and/or other countries, agencies etc using it as leverage for their own ends.

Imo this war will be very different to any that have passed, played out in the real world and in the virtual (media, internet etc).

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth
China and Russia will not let this happen they have invested to much time and money in Iran's military and nuclear infrastructure. Netanyahu and his zionist puppets don't realise what the consequences of this would mean globally.

Iran in no way has shown any military aggression to the west except for some typical political diatribe usually aimed at the USA and Israel in particular to make himself look popular with his people as all leaders do. They have the right to peaceful nuclear technology and space technology. As usual Israel being the bullies of the middle east. I actually hope they get annihilated by the arabs because they have been asking for it for the past 40+ years.
If this goes ahead(absolutely bat# insane if it does considering the mess we are already in with the economy and middle east) i will be embarassed and ashamed to be British quite frankly

Once again, people need to start educating themselves on how Iran spreads it's aggression through proxy terrorist groups such as Hamas, Hezbollah, Al-Qaida, the Quds Force, the Popular Resistance Committee, etc.......

Do I need to point it out to you? Here's an article discussing the relationship between Iran and Turkey from an Iranian website. They know it, so should you!

"The recent actions of the Turks have now effectively killed any Iranian hopes that Ankara will join the so-called rejectionist camp made up of Iran, Syria, Hamas, and Hezbollah aimed at confronting the West."

Now let's add Iraq to the group too...

"Safavi accused Turkey of "acting in line with the goals of America" and warned that such behavior would not be tolerated by Ankara's neighbors in Iran, Syria, and Iraq.

Read more: www.pbs.org...

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join