It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: U.K. preparing for military strike on Iran nuclear facilities

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Report: U.K. preparing for military strike on Iran nuclear facilities

www.haaretz.com< br />

The U.K. is stepping up its preparations for a military strike on Iran, the Guardian newspaper reported on Wednesday. According to the report, the U.K. is increasingly concerned over Tehran's nuclear program, and is preparing to deploy Royal Navy ships in the in the coming months to assist a possible U.S. attack on key facilities in Iran.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Wow it seems like news is breaking regarding a strike on Iran on almost an hourly basis now. Its the top story on ABC, Fox, Haaretz, Reuters etc with new articles being posted almost hourly and this all started in earnest just about 24 hours ago. Sure there are "news" releases about an Iranian strike almost daily but NOTHING like has happened in the 24 hours.

www.haaretz.com< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
With what? Bliar, Brown, and Cameron have destroyed the British military ...

The British Army barely has enough troops to mount the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace much less to attack Iran. The Royal Navy has no aircraft carriers now. The RAF lost half their fighters last fall.
edit on 2-11-2011 by ChrisF231 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I don't know about this, I cant see how the government could justify going into another war considering the economic conditions in the UK, not to mention out armed forces been have dramatically reduced recently. I hope we are not as stupid as to get drawn into another conflict. It certainly wont have my backing.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
And here comes the WW3 posts in 3.....2.....1.....

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I dont think the UK would be doing this alone. I imagine they would deploy naval ships to strike while off shore. Th UK also has aircraft in Cyprus and bases in Italy. Im sure if this were to go down it would be in a support type role.

+32 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The British are not like Americans, they will get to the streets and start smashing things up again if they get dragged into another war because of the US.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Here's the original article from the Guardian -

UK military steps up plans for Iran attack amid fresh nuclear fears

Now let's see what China and Russia's responses will be.
It has to be a world war. It's what they all want and need.

link   
To be honest i was just shrugging off all the recent threads on an upcoming Iran war, as just a political conspiracy.

Seems as if this is serious though, personally think its a huge mistake. Just think of all the countries which would be involved, maybe even WWIII.

If the UK is daft enough to get involved, it would just be another foolish mistake made by the modern government. There will be serious changes to our leaders, maybe even protests and uproar.

link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Earth may increase negative vibrations NOW A POSITIVE WOULD ATTRACT tis all. PRAYS for ALL.
edit on 11/2/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
We have ships?
eventually everyone will have nukes with long range capabilities, this world sucks.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Well it is the dumbest stupidest craziest thing to do right now...

...so it may very well happen.

Cosmic...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

There's an extremely obvious reason for a warlike country like Britain to massively cut its professional standing army - I'd place a large bet that it's been planning on bringing back conscription for the next war.
Even its soldiers have been acting as instructors around the world with different armies so they have experience in cadre.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I was really filing all of this recent news in the back of my mind under "Doubtful That Will Happen" until this. Yikes, it's not just heating up anymore, it's on fire.

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
the UK will do what ever the US wants them to do and the US will do anything Israel wants them to do if ur gonna blame anyone for getting this one started blame the Israelis. why do u think the US is on like 3 sides of iran now because thats where the Israelis want them
not to mention there's a lot of oil in Iran we want and when they have nukes it will be harder to steal

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

The war drums are getting louder and louder what
ever reason they come up with will prob be a load
of bull like iraq WNDs turned out to be.

Id just like to know whats the real reason is for a attack.

Money,power or just a distraction to how screwed up
the west really is.

edit on 2/11/2011 by skuly because: my spelling again

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Or maybe Iran is the last stop before something "big" happens.
I'm just taking a guess here, but I do remember hearing talk of Iran being the next to be attacked for a long time.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I honestly feel they (as in the establishment) know the only real way to neutralise the hardened Iranian facilities is to use Trident missiles..

The variable payload of the missile and the new arming and firing mechanism is designed specifically for these types of targets (max damage with minimal fall out/casualties)

But honestly can any see the UK or the US using their Tridents Missiles on Iran?

Any other type of mission is a waste of time, men and equipment as it maximising the number of possible civilian casualties, which given the current political climate (especially after Libya) is not a sane path for any one of our leaders to choose.

+20 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
And the war for popular opinion continues to rage on.

The real question I would ask is why people must die to serve the fear of elite political leaders?

Why must destruction and abject violence be the use for which our societies deploy the sons and daughters of their citizens?

Because ever since Iraq, the supremely oxymoronic "preemptive defense" is considered the means which justifies the notional end?

At some point the ability of these leaders to commit citizens to flame and pain for their ends must be challenged. Perhaps by forcing them to actually participate in the theater... or maybe by making their children participate.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
IF there is an attack on Iran and IF the UK is involved there will not be rioting on the streets or a revolution and it wont be the start of WW3 either. Russia and China are not going to fight on the side of Iran and nobody is going to start lobbing nukes around the globe, there is no benefit to Russia or China to Iran having nukes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join