It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: U.K. preparing for military strike on Iran nuclear facilities

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
An Iran strike is probably on the cards so expect more articles laying the conditioning framework for such a strike. Guardian is normally one of the more respected tabloids in the UK so there must be some credibility in this article. I'm no expert on war but the preparation will be for an all out war and not a single strike. Because an attack on Iran facilities could initiate all out war.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by disiswhoitb
Everybody wake up! The governments in Great Britain, France and USA are not in control. Israel controls all of them with an iron fist. Israel will strike and BOOM! All 3 of those countries will be at war with Iran.

Erm no,

The US & UK France will protect Israel at all costs for a massively obvious reason, its so obvious you'd be stupid to miss it, it is almost as obvious as why Iran doesn't like the Israelis so much, they wont accept an Israeli state, ever ever ever ever,

The Europeans & US certainly wouldn't want Iran massacring its allies Israel and settling in that little place with lots & lots of history, they'd rather have the jews there

Yet another conspiracy

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by disiswhoitb
Everybody wake up! The governments in Great Britain, France and USA are not in control. Israel controls all of them with an iron fist. Israel will strike and BOOM! All 3 of those countries will be at war with Iran. People need to accept reality, we have no control over the governments decision to go to war. That's why the approval rating of congress is around 11-13%. The only decision we can make is not to go fight in these fraudulent wars.

To be fair I rather suspect that the US, UK, and France would rather Israel strike Iran on its own.

That way the US won't be tagged with getting involved in yet another Middle East conflict.
I somehow think the French won't do much if anything at all millitarily.

The only way I see the UK getting involved is if the US led any strike.

So to me it looks like Netanyahu is favorite to go it alone..........within the next 18 months or so.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suffi
I'm no expert on war but the preparation will be for an all out war and not a single strike. Because an attack on Iran facilities could initiate all out war.

Not necessarily.

Israel bombed Iraq's nuclear facility at Osirak near Baghdad in 1981........that didn't lead to "all out war".

news.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 3-11-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The only difference is that the strikes on Iraq (and on Syria's reactor a few years ago) were that they struck one target. What would be done to Iran would look like all out bombardment because Israel would have to hit many targets thorughout the country as Iran's program is dispersed in more than a few locations. Combine that with also having to eliminate defense posts around those sites and we're talking about an air campaign that would look like all out war. Not just a single surgical strike on a reactor.

Originally posted by Logical one

I'm no expert on war but the preparation will be for an all out war and not a single strike. Because an attack on Iran facilities could initiate all out war.

Not necessarily.

Israel bombed Iraq's nuclear facility at Osirak near Baghdad in 1981........that didn't lead to "all out war".

news.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 3-11-2011 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
The only difference is that the strikes on Iraq (and on Syria's reactor a few years ago) were that they struck one target. What would be done to Iran would look like all out bombardment because Israel would have to hit many targets thorughout the country as Iran's program is dispersed in more than a few locations. Combine that with also having to eliminate defense posts around those sites and we're talking about an air campaign that would look like all out war. Not just a single surgical strike on a reactor.

Depends what you mean by "all out war".

The Israeli's supplied by the US, have superior weaponary that would only suffer minimal millitarily insignificant casualties.
Iran remember fought Saddam's Iraq for 8 years.........and Iraq's defenses crumbled in a matter of weeks.
If Israel do go it alone........which I suspect is the most likely outcome.........I suspect a surgical strike by the Israelis.
Iran of course will complain bitterly to the US and the UN.......but protests will fall on deaf ears........Iran's nuclear program will be put back somewhat...........but probably will get rebuilt further down the line.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Not necessarily.

news.bbc.co.uk...

I do believe that any strike on Iran, whether it being from UK, US or Isreal would lead to full out war... There is so little to gain with this conflict (if it happens) and there is so much to lose......I hope that these governments can talk out the issues and differences without a shot being fired.......

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

I do believe that any strike on Iran, whether it being from UK, US or Isreal would lead to full out war... There is so little to gain with this conflict (if it happens) and there is so much to lose......I hope that these governments can talk out the issues and differences without a shot being fired.......

Firstly the UK isn't goiing to strike Iran.........it would only do so if the US decided to strike.

Again what is your defiinition of an "all out war"

and on what basis do make this assertion?

If you mean by "all out war" you mean boots on the ground in numbers.........then that requires a long lead up with plenty of ultimatums and official warnings......as we got in the build up to the Iraq invasion.

A surgical strike by it's nature is usually done with the element of surprise.......so in this case a surgical stike looks far and away the more likely scenario than "all out war".

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Logical one

Well if there was a US stike on Iran's nuclear facilities, bases, etc... Do you think that Iran would just do nothing or retaliate?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Well if there was a US stike on Iran's nuclear facilities, bases, etc... Do you think that Iran would just do nothing or retaliate?

Iran is not China or Russia.............it doesn't have the millitary capability to "retaliate".........the only thing it could do perhaps is launch a few crude missiles over Saudi Arabia or Israel.
Iran knows that this would only draw more missiles down on them.........so they probably would be limited to terrorist threats.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

times are a changin - we won't attack N Korea all out or Pakistan because they now have "the bomb"

Iran may not have a complete bomb or a delivery system but if you think for one second they don't have the people to take what they do have and change the US lines hahahahahahaha.

they carved up a 2400 year old territory 70 years ago to form Isreal which is essentially a Jewish base in the middle of hostile territory.

What did they think is going to happen ? these fools get pissed off when the word america is spoken by woman this is like the physical manifestation of all that is evil.

edit on 3-11-2011 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Doesnt Iran have Subs (I think nuclear) in the Atlantic Ocean, close to the coast of the United States? They could easily hit our coast with missles from there, right?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Doesnt Iran have Subs (I think nuclear) in the Atlantic Ocean, close to the coast of the United States? They could easily hit our coast with missles from there, right?

What exactly have you been reading!

Iran doesn't have nuclear submarines...........and any submarines that they do have are unlikely to be much theat to the US.

If you are into action movies.......then yeah it makes for a good movie.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Iran doesn't have nuclear submarines...........and any submarines that they do have are unlikely to be much theat to the US.

Ive been reading threads on ATS...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I guess right.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
With what? Bliar, Brown, and Cameron have destroyed the British military ...

The British Army barely has enough troops to mount the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace much less to attack Iran. The Royal Navy has no aircraft carriers now. The RAF lost half their fighters last fall.
edit on 2-11-2011 by ChrisF231 because: (no reason given)

It will be paid for by the US if it happens, just like always. Other countries never do their part and then they take the money and hate us for lifting their load. We can't afford this anymore. Time for the UK and others to do their part and pay themselves while they leave us out of it.

This must be Obama's idea to get himself elected.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Ive been reading threads on ATS...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some times it does help not to believe everything you read on ATS and helps if you actually do research from other sources other than from ATS.

Put it this way jhn........If you live in the US........I wouldn't lose too much sleep over the alleged submarine threat.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

It will be paid for by the US if it happens, just like always. Other countries never do their part and then they take the money and hate us for lifting their load. We can't afford this anymore. Time for the UK and others to do their part and pay themselves while they leave us out of it. This must be Obama's idea to get himself elected.

And not to mention the EU even asked Obama to bail them out. Pathetic! The EU can't fix them and asked us to be their daddy. Cowards. Yes i agree, the Europeans Union does nothing for the world, expecting the U.S. to do all the damn work. I mean the EU was in charge during the Bosnian War but they were incompeptence when it comes to leadership. They in my view let over 30,000 Bosnian died in the conflict because of their refusal to accept Clinton's "lift and strike" policy. Not until the EU hand over control to the USA and launched attacks that finally ended the war.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I'm in Chicago... I feel like its fair to think that something bad could happen on US soil, and if we attack Iran, maybe they wont go toe to toe with us with their military, but they could try the tactic of a "terrorist-like" attack on US soil, and thats what worries me, especially knowing that i live in a major city.....

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
It seems in bad economic times, a WW is what is "required" by TPTB to get things straight again. Nearly the whole civilized world is n the edge of economic collapse.....I BELIEVE this is the icing on the cake for reasons to go to war. WTF are we in bed with Israel anyway?! Who decided that for the USA?! We the people?! I don't remenber being asked if I wanted America to be a bodyguard for that runt.
SHOULD WE PLACE BETS IN TOTAL HOW MANY NUKES WILL BE DROPPED? I'll guess 4 to 7!

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join