It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore Lies " I Am Not Part of the 1%"

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
ugh, I think Michael Moore is so annoying.

That said, Michael Moore might be in the top 1%, but he got there by criticizing the top 1%. Its kind of hard to consider him a part of that group.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

That said, Michael Moore might be in the top 1%, but he got there by criticizing the top 1%. Its kind of hard to consider him a part of that group.

So.......hes a hypocrite ,especially when he shows up,and they fawn over him.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by Ghost375

So.......hes a hypocrite ,especially when he shows up,and they fawn over him.

So how many lives have you saved?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I think that at the heart of the opposing views here is a concept that Al Franken summed up eloquently in one of his books. I think that a lot of conservative people dislike or even hate Michael Moore because he dares to criticize America. This is what Al Franken said on the subject:

"If you listen to a lot of conservatives, they'll tell you that the difference between them
and us is that conservatives love America and liberals hate America. That we "blame America
first." That we're suspicious of patriotism and always think our country's in the wrong. As
conservative radio and TV personality Sean Hannity says, we liberals "train our children to
criticize America, not celebrate it."
They don't get it. We love America just as much as they do. But in a different way.
You see, they love America the way a four-year-old loves her mommy. Liberals love America
like grown-ups. To a four-year-old, everything Mommy does is wonderful and anyone
who criticizes Mommy is bad. Grown-up love means actually understanding what you love,
taking the good with the bad, and helping your loved one grow. Love takes attention and
work and is the best thing in the world."

Amen

P.S. If you are going to retort then explain hwo the quote is wrong and not reply with the predictable con variation of the 2nd grade "you are a doo-doo head".
edit on 27-10-2011 by TheFlash because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFlash

That video, regardless of your opinions of MM, shows the power of what "protesting" can do.

They got results after they illustrated the absolute insanity within the system. That is what I hope OWS does.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
So people are saying that even though Michael Moore is filthy rich and is in fact in the defined "1%"...he is given a pass because he talks against the other 1%.

So I guess Warren Buffet isn't in the 1% either

OWS...this is your problem...you have definition issues....please define something and stick to it. Too many exceptions, too many disenting opinions, and too many inconsistencies.

Even if I was to support OWS 100%...I would have no idea what it is I was supposed to support.

"We are against the 1%.....except for this list of exceptions...they can horde all the money they want because we like what they say".

I'm so confused.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFlash

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

But if you want an outright lie, ok.

He said Canada had the 2nd highest per capita gun ownership in the world.

Of course that's a lie, they are 13th behind such conservative states like France and Norway.

In Sicko he said that all of Europe got free healthcare, 100% coverage. When in fact there are many countries, like France for example, where 20-40% co-pays apply, forcing most of the country to buy private insurance.

I could go on all day but you'd probably just say he didn't ever lie again.

Where exactly did Moore say that Canada was 2nd highest per capita in gun ownership? (Not to mention what a major major point that is in the scheme of things! IF what you say is true it sure blows his whole argument out of the water now doesn't it?

As for "free" health care - thanks for YOUR perfect example of twisting things around. Do you really think he meant to say that all the healthcare workers in Europe do their jobs without pay? That they do it for free? What he meant is that the United States is the only wealthy, industrialized nation that does not provide universal health care. Since you seem to like Wikipedia go educate yourself here. Do you think that people in those European countries lose their houses and everything they own because they get sick and can't pay the hospital bills like they do in the US of A? Have you ever lived in a country with Nationalized Health Care? I have lived in several.

Here's the point that Moore was making in his film and that mental deficients think are totally invalidated because a couple insignificant details may be mistaken...

Some people think that certain fundamental, human services - like putting out your house when it's on fire, or catching murderers, or educating our children - are basic requirements of a civilized society and should be provided as a matter of course by the society itself and not run on a for-profit basis. That is why we have government run Fire Departments and Police Departments and schools. All of the other wealthy, developed countries in the world include saving your life if you are dying from cancer or other illnesses in that same category. However NOT in the USA. Over here, people like you like to pay private Insurance Companies hundreds of billions of your hard-earned dollars for doing nothing more than pushing papers around between them and the medical people who actually do the work. You LIKE grabbing your ankles and having them give it to you!!! You ARGUE with people to let them KEEP DOING IT!

Who exactly is the idiot...? Are you really that blind?

Boy, you sure can dance around an issue if you're found wrong.

Get over it, accept it, watch Bowling for Columbine again, he says it.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

It is absolutely amazing how you are able to completely and totally deny and ignore all the points I made.

It is clear that the truth and reality of these matters is completely beyond your reach. Try and try as you might you will never, ever be able to take in the reality of things. I pity you. Jack Nicholson summed it up perfectly.

www.youtube.com...

You got nuthin' pal. Nuthin'.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

Do you seriously think that Michael Moore is as greedy as those bastards in charge of the banks and politics?? I hope not. Yeah, he is wealthier than most of us but that doesnt makes him evil. Don't you think he worked hard for those movies or you think he just made that in 2 hours? If all ppl above your salary are evil, i guess there is a lot more than 1%.

Peace out.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

It is absolutely amazing how you are able to completely and totally deny and ignore all the points I made.

It is clear that the truth and reality of these matters is completely beyond your reach. Try and try as you might you will never, ever be able to take in the reality of things. I pity you. Jack Nicholson summed it up perfectly.

www.youtube.com...

You asked for proof of a lie, I provided several.

You proceeded to recite the Gettysburg Address about his views ignoring the lies given.

He's a know liar, he's been caught in lies in every one of his films, that's all.

You remind me of Bill Clinton after he was caught in the Lewinski affair, no we did not have sex, just oral sex.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Please find for me where he said Canada is second in gun ownership......I couldn't

trans script for Bowling

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

You asked for proof of a lie, I provided several.

You proceeded to recite the Gettysburg Address about his views ignoring the lies given.

He's a know liar, he's been caught in lies in every one of his films, that's all.

You remind me of Bill Clinton after he was caught in the Lewinski affair, no we did not have sex, just oral sex.

If he's been caught lying in everyone of his films, why has he never been sued for said lies?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I know that full well hence why we are doing whatever we can to keep our radical fringe at bay and in cheque to prevent them from hijacking this movement as we have seen and is well documented what the fringe is capable of if left unchequed! Yes, we are learning from history and are sworn to not let it repeat itself.

This base is already covered. You can help us in identifying any radicalia elements that could become a fringe.
edit on 27-10-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

He totally lied...
Interviewer:but you're worth millions....
Moore:No, that;s not true...

Michael Moore Net Worth How much does Michael Moore make?$50 million

Source: www.celebritynetworth.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I'm only posting on this topic to say; "Is this REALLY the issue?"

Michael Moore has been pointing out the ISSUES of injustice that the OWS movement has been about for years now. This was never about BASH ANY AND ALL RICH PEOPLE.

It isn't about ENDING wealth.

Of course -- why do I need to explain this? If you don't understand what OWS is about, you are part of the problem.

>> Michael Moore's documentaries DON'T need to be defended. He pointed out the atrocities in Iraq and the ridiculous waste of the war. He pointed out that Wall Street was on a collision course with disaster and the system was rigged. INSTEAD of asking; "Is Michael Moore WORTHY of being a OWS spokesperson" -- I'd rather you ask the question; IS what he is saying true?

I've seen this trick with Al Gore on global warming. We are supposed to ignore this PROVEN ISSUE because Al Gore uses his lots of energy at his home (which he pays for carbon offsets), and he isn't supposed to take a plane to give a presentation -- he is supposed to walk on water (as his critics obviously already do).

Michael Moore is fat -- or he is a bad tipper -- I don't care. If you can point out where he is lying -- that might MATTER.

Oh, and he guy from WikiLeaks MIGHT have had too much sex -- he cannot inform us of what is going on.

The website that pointed out there was torture at Abu Ghraib -- they use too much electricity.

>> But the bar is not "RAISED" on presidential candidates who think the nation needs to debate whether the fence with Mexico is electrified or there is a double barrier. The bar is not raised on Wall Street which may have a multi-trillion dollar shortfall be revealed from Bank of America. The bar is not raised on the traitors in the media who continue to spew propaganda.

Let's all stand around in a circular firing squad, and make sure that SOMEONE doesn't poop in the wrong place somewhere near a protest, or that guy needs a bath, that lady is too fat -- that one looks funny,..

The DEBATE is about economic justice -- Michael Moore doesn't have to be ANYTHING -- just honest about the problem. I don't care if he is wealthy, I don't care if his documentaries are over the top, I don't care about whether he knows how to make his wife happy.

So let's quit wasting time on this topic -- let's talk about banks giving money to police departments during the protests. Let's talk about provocateurs trying to infiltrate and stir up trouble. Let's talk about economic justice -- maybe.

And it's the unregistered Billionaires and Trillionaires that are the problem. The FACT is -- it's not really the 1% -- it's about 300 families. 300 people who are somehow worthy of competing on who has the bigger yacht while we bail out their companies and they outsource jobs.

Technically, Michael Moore is nowhere NEAR the "1%" -- because people who get the OWS movement understand that this is merely a metaphor for Media Consumption and not to be taken literally. The "99%" are also not actually the 99% because there are at least 17% who would vote for Dick Cheney again.

But, Kudos on the misdirection -- I expect this from people who want the OWS movement to fail -- we've seen it for a decade now. It's not going to work because too many of us know this game and we aren't playing anymore.

SM2

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Ok, I will bite. Tell me, in you're opinion, what is economic justice.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
wow farout.

when I was reading the recent threads instead of lies, I saw Michael Moore Dies.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFlash

I went back and watched it quick, and I stand corrected, he never said they were second in the movie, he said they had the same amount of guns. Although I still remember him saying it because this isn't the first debate I've participated in about this movie, it must have been in an interview he gave about the movie, I'm goig to keep looking.

But it is still a lie, they have 1/3 of our gun numbers per capita, which is nowhere near the same amount. 90%, sure I'd say that's "around the same", I might even say that about 80 or 76%, but 33%?

He's not someone who remembered some details wrong on a message board, he's presenting himself as an authority and claiming to have researched the topic extensively.

It's why his movies are nothing more than propaganda, he twists words, makes up stats, splices multiple conversations into a new one to make it look like the person said something awful, it's just dishonest.

Documentaries used to be relatively bias free, then he came along.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join