It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore Lies " I Am Not Part of the 1%"

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The rich who we know are NOT in the 1% who are causing problems in this world. Bill Gates and Michael Moore are not pulling the world financial strings!

So people.....stop being STUPID or feigning so?

The top 1% are people who's names don't fall in Forbes and all those other publications. These are people who have OLD money.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The 1% count their worth in the billions not the millions. America has lots and lots of millionaires. No joking. The list on the following link represents the true 1% of people who hold personal wealth. These are the 1%. Anyone not on this list is part of the 99 %

www.forbes.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
A media figure lying to get inside the minds of the public.

What else is new?
edit on 27-10-2011 by Chalupas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Michael Moore has been exposed as a lying propagandist for years.

But he is right, he is not a 1%er, he may may be a 10%er or even a 20%er.

He is well off, but far from wealthy by todays standard.

My sister married into a wealthy east coast family a few years ago, 95 foot yacht at St Barts, private jet well off. And they still aren't close to 1%ers.

Her father in-law is still worried about being considered as a 1%er, to the point of buying guns and ammunition (around 60k worth) and having a bunker built on the family compound in Penn.

There are a lot of well off people being lumped in with the 1%er's, and it really isn't fair to punish them, they aren't shotcallers.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
When did this protests become opposed to wealthy people?

Only poor people support this movement?

Absurd

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColeYounger
Michael Moore is the absolute epitome of hypocrisy. He's even admitted in interviews that he's a hypocrite. (The daily Show w\ Jon Stewart is one instance)
He's one of those 'leftists' or 'progressives' or whatever you want to call them who, rather than stand for something, viciously attack something. And that something is usually something that he can make a movie about, and make a very tidy profit.
Anyone who thinks Moore is in any way an advocate or a champion for the poor or downtrodden is an absolute fool.

Having said that, I'll be the first to admit he's very sharp, and I strangely admire his usual slovenly attire. It's kind of a mockery of our fashion-obsessed, style-conscious, GQ, trendy society. In that respect, I like him.
I guess I'm a hypocrite.

While I agree with what you have said, do you not think the slovenly attire is part of the image he uses to sell and therefore make people think he's 'on their side'? Although he has looked at some serious issues, he's the walking embodiment of a tabloid, exploiting emotion to his own ends..... hmmm, that may put him in the top 0.5%

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

How about showing some facts to back up your statement.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
The rich who we know are NOT in the 1% who are causing problems in this world. Bill Gates and Michael Moore are not pulling the world financial strings!

So people.....stop being STUPID or feigning so?

The top 1% are people who's names don't fall in Forbes and all those other publications. These are people who have OLD money.

If what you say is correct, then the 1% slogan is even more ridiculous if people don't know how many people make up that percentage. As others have said on this thread, the fact that no-one can decide what it's supposed to actually mean makes it nothing more than a soundbite.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kykweer

Talking points used by pro-corporatists blogs, radio and "news" channels. The self hating poor that still believe in the American dream while the theives rob them blind and screw their future offsprings.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

So ALL billionaires are evil?

I guess you assume all black people like grape juice and all indian people eat curry 24x7?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kykweer

I love the hell out some grape juice.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFlash

Are you sure??

Ok then.

www.davekopel.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.hardylaw.net...
www.slate.com...
www.mooreexposed.com...
www.nydailynews.com...
www.debbieschlussel.com...
newsbusters.org...
emperors-clothes.com...
www.freerepublic.com...
venezuelanalysis.com...

Want some Moore???

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

You hit the nail on the head there, my friend.

I expect Moore to verbally be attacked by people that have no idea what the morals behind the Occupy movement are. Just because a person is wealthy doesn't mean that they are part of the corruption that the movement is against. Period. Look more into what the movement is for before you judge the people involved.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Originally posted by ColeYounger
Michael Moore is the absolute epitome of hypocrisy. He's even admitted in interviews that he's a hypocrite. (The daily Show w\ Jon Stewart is one instance)
He's one of those 'leftists' or 'progressives' or whatever you want to call them who, rather than stand for something, viciously attack something. And that something is usually something that he can make a movie about, and make a very tidy profit.
Anyone who thinks Moore is in any way an advocate or a champion for the poor or downtrodden is an absolute fool.

Having said that, I'll be the first to admit he's very sharp, and I strangely admire his usual slovenly attire. It's kind of a mockery of our fashion-obsessed, style-conscious, GQ, trendy society. In that respect, I like him.
I guess I'm a hypocrite.

While I agree with what you have said, do you not think the slovenly attire is part of the image he uses to sell and therefore make people think he's 'on their side'? Although he has looked at some serious issues, he's the walking embodiment of a tabloid, exploiting emotion to his own ends..... hmmm, that may put him in the top 0.5%

Yes! I absolutely agree with you. He wears the 'low rent' attire so the blue collar segment will identify with him.
He covers all the bases. The rich trendy snobs will adore him simply because he's a 'filmmaker', and the middle class will think he's cool because he dresses casually, often wearing ball caps and t-shirts with sports team logos. As I said, he is one clever fellow.

link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

You have shown a tendency to ignore some facts, so lets get you up to speed.

he GOP want to defend to the death those with all of the money but fail to realize that they are wishing upon a star in order for anything to trickle down. A clearcut majority of the GOP are the 99%

I am sorry but how many of the Dems are in that group or married to one? Who appointed the economic advisors? You know guys from Goldman Sachs and other wall street firms? Who pays to go to the wonderful fundraisers that Obama has been having? Why is it that you claim no left-right bias but then make ignorant statements like that? IT'S YOUR PROGRAMMING! Notice that even in NYC, in a firmly democrat held state the "man" seems to be republican or supported by them? Most of the ows crowd are the same types of people who bought into "hope & change". Then the real world showed how you need to look closer at the ones claiming to have your best interests in mind. Rabid defense of the ows does not mean it is perfect or on the correct side. The fact that a noted a*&#$* like Moore is trying to integrate himself into ows says volumes.

link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

The protests are fouled with people who ARE poor who just want free handouts from rich people who work 7 days a week and already employ thousands of people.

True followers of the occupy movement wants a better future for our children.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Hahaha

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This debate has spawned a whole new segment of the OWS movement!

"Is he or is he not a 1%er?" "

It's something else we can all argue about now!

edit on 27-10-2011 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFlash

OK, let's open up the floor.

In producing Bowling for Columbine, Moore altered history, misled his viewers, and edited the footage and audio in such a way as to reverse the meaning. In one case, he took a speech of a person he desired to target; the problem was that the speech was in fact conciliatory and mild. So he spliced in footage from another speech, cut out paragraphs, and spliced the beginning of one sentence to the ending of another. In another, when he wanted to criticize a political advertisement, but it wasn't as pointed as he wanted, he spliced together two different political ads, then added titling which was in neither.

That's only one example, but if you know how to use Google you can find many many more.

Do some research.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
This is kinda funny, I wonder how much they paid him to be interviewed.

On a serious note, I agree that the 1% aren't millionaire's, there's lots of millionaire's. You're talking 100's of millions (maybe), billions, and trillions. It's just hard for us to see because we're stuck working 40 hours a week just to pay our bills and eat. If we're "lucky" enough to have a job anyway.

I also agree with the idea that a lot of people just want stuff handed to them, but the funny thing to it is that no matter how hard we work we will NEVER enter this magical 1% unless one of them lets us in. It's set up this way on purpose, that's the problem. At least that's how I see it in my mind. If you can show me a way to work for 50+ years and become a billionaire without that being the case, please do. Well.. then again, MAYBE it's possible, but there would be a whole lot of theft involved and I'm not really into stealing things from others.

The 1% has so much there's nothing left to buy.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join