It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Portugal Oct. 16, 2011 - This One Is Moving All Over The Sky (with uploader's Q&A's)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I'm guessing a logical explanation might be remote control RC something. It moves side to side, up and down, not a typical aircraft for sure. I don't know much Portuguese but I do know some of what he's saying and I can't quote that here, but he seems like WTF!?! about it...

Full length original - www.youtube.com...

Anyone seen anything like this in the Portugal area?

ETA- I'm not referring to the lens flares so don't waste your time complaining that that's what we're seeing here, there are lens flares, and this object... also some lightning off to the right on occasion.
edit on 22-10-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

edit on 23/10/2011 by ArMaP because: title changed as the OP wanted

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
the light I see, unless I'm missing something.. moves in sync with the camera so it looks more like light reflecting in the lens..

Edit: I must be missing what you're talking about then ..
edit on 22-10-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

it first appears just above the buildings around the 38 second mark, look for it around that low area as it reappears at different points. It distinctly moves from right to left abruptly, then rises and sinks at times.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

post by JibbyJedi
I'm guessing a logical explanation might be remote control RC something.

LED lit RC plane fits the bill perfectly

Or maybe Halogen lit .

edit on 22-10-2011 by gortex because: edit to add video

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
the light I see, unless I'm missing something.. moves in sync with the camera so it looks more like light reflecting in the lens..

Edit: I must be missing what you're talking about then .

So am I, all I see is light moving with the camera, so it is just a reflection...

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Right around 0:35 the blueish light object appears just over-to the side view of the far off buildings then moves steadily to the left, then it stops and starts moving right... like an RC plane/copter would.

It seems to go out of view then comes back from the direction of the lightning. That's what makes this kind of weird... who would be using expensive RC equipment when it is, or about to storm?

Watch it full screen for a better view.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Firstly, it's advisable that anything that starts out with the words TRUTH, is usually anything but.
What's seen in the video is a light.
That light moves around, like a helicopter with a spotlight, just like the ghetto bird helicopters that hover around over most major cities.

The word 'Truth' starting this off and the eerie ghost buster music overlay combined with this just being a light that acts like any helicopter would be expected to act, suggests this is just that, being sold to easily convinced believers to meet a quota of 'truth' videos for their consumers.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
It's a chinese lantern. Might as well save the debunkers' time

Seriously though, I see what you're talking about. Hard to tell from that far but interesting nevertheless. Wish for once someone would get lucky enough to record a video of a UFO from close enough for it to be a solid, undebunkable one.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Interesting vid.

I would love to read some of the pro ufo members comments on this one.
If it's faked, RC plane yea, but then it goes quite high and stays stationary at the end.
Niceone.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by nineix

Firstly, it's advisable that anything that starts out with the words TRUTH, is usually anything but.
What's seen in the video is a light.

The word 'Truth' starting this off and the eerie ghost buster music overlay combined with this just being a light that acts like any helicopter would be expected to act, suggests this is just that, being sold to easily convinced believers to meet a quota of 'truth' videos for their consumers.

What are you talking about with the word "TRUTH"? Am I missing something? I "started this off" with a possible logical explanation, then I figured we'd go from there with possibilities and/or eye witness accounts, and/or multiple videos of the same light on the same night for further break downs.

You sure you're responding to the right thread?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
This is what I've found so far even close to the original video's date in the Portugal area...

UFO 20 October 2011

The extended footage of the OP

Oct. 9 Portugal lights

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

With respect, I was referring to the video publisher TRUTHheilix108, Not you.
Do you see the word 'truth' in the name Truthhelix108? It's at the very beginning of the video. It's hard to miss.

Have you turned the volume up when watching the video to hear the spooky music overlay.

These two things alone raise flags, reducing the credibility of the video.

I'm not calling YOU a faker, or anything of the sort. I was questioning the validity of the video producer.
I then went on to describe elements of the video which would indicate, as you've mentioned yourself that this is a helicopter, where you say possibly an RC, I won't dispute that, but a full sized helicopter could also be suspect.

Edit: in posting several other videos I see you've put up, though I have not watched them yet, admittedly, If these videos are of the very same object on the very same night from multiple independent sources, then, a regular helicopter would likely be out of the equation to attract so much attention, unless people in the area were just foreign to ghetto birds hovering around on a criminal chase.
This would lead me to fall back on agreeing with you on the prospect of a possible RC.

edit on 22-10-2011 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by nineix

With respect, I was referring to the video publisher TRUTHheilix108, Not you.
Do you see the word 'truth' in the name Truthhelix108?

Have you turned the volume up when watching the video to hear the spooky music overlay.

These two things alone raise flags, reducing the credibility of the video.

I'm not calling YOU a faker, or anything of the sort. I was questioning the validity of the video producer.
I then went on to describe elements of the video which would indicate, as you've mentioned yourself that this is a helicopter, where you say possibly and RC, I won't dispute that, but a full sized helicopter could also be suspect.

This seems to be the original video, I posted TruthHelix's...

I hate all that spooky music attached to UFO vids too. No harm no foul mate.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

He asks several times if it could be a helicopter, but I guess he never reached a conclusion.

And yes, most of what he says cannot be posted without breaking the ATS Terms and Conditions of use.

Edit: I sent him a message through YouTube, I hope he joins the discussion.
edit on 22/10/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

Originally posted by miniatus

Edit: I must be missing what you're talking about then .

So am I, all I see is light moving with the camera, so it is just a reflection...

No, wrong.

Stop focusing on the reflection, and watch long enough to see the actual object.
Why you people don;t watch an entire video before posting these dumb comments is beyond me.

Good vid, thanks OP.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

He asks several times if it could be a helicopter, but I guess he never reached a conclusion.

And yes, most of what he says cannot be posted without breaking the ATS Terms and Conditions of use.

Edit: I sent him a message through YouTube, I hope he joins the discussion.
edit on 22/10/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

Awesome, thank you for doing that. I think I remember you mentioning that you were from Portugal? And I said my grandparents came from the Azores.... they only taught me the swear words though, I was raised learning only English and sporadic Portuguese.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
I think I remember you mentioning that you were from Portugal?
Yes, I was born in Lisbon and I live on the other side of the Tagus river, in Almada.

And I said my grandparents came from the Azores.... they only taught me the swear words though, I was raised learning only English and sporadic Portuguese.
That shows that even just those words is better than not knowing a thing of the language. I suppose most people that saw the video didn't know what he was saying (although they could have guessed).

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I sent him a message through YouTube, I hope he joins the discussion

Niceone!
Lets hope he does, would be a touch that, we would get better information then.
Thank's for that, nice thinking.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Dear friends ,

ArMaP messaged me in youtube to come to this forum , which i gladly did, because you guys were talking about my video ! Im going to tell what happened , go ahead and ask me questions if you want .
First i advice to watch my video in 1080p fullscreen .

I left my girlfriend home in Gaia like i usually do several times a week and i was driving my car and saw a strange round very bluish light flying over a portuguese tv national antenna which is huge , probably the tallest building in town , when it suddently dropped almost on a vertical line wich caught my attention . I stopped my car +- 400/500 meters ahead and started recording with my cellphone .

My first idea was " It's not a plane the only thing that it could be was an helicopter ! " , but after minute 7:45 the light dives again and makes a loop which made me think/said in portuguese " That could not be an helicopter move ! "

Some people say that it could be an rc plane , and that would be the only possible explanation in my view , but i dismiss it and im telling you why ! I was filming at a 300 meters or 1000 feet , and the first time i saw it while i wasn't filming , the object flew about 1 mile to the place of the video ! Well the light was very intense and i saw at a very long distance and it flew more than a mile and over the biggest building in the city ! How can someone maneuver an rc plane over more than a mile at night , over the tallest building , so precisely doing acrobatic maneuvers ! Would the light of such rc plane be vissible at such a distance , with such intensity and size ?

Sorry for my bad English and extended post !

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riddlept
Dear friends ,

ArMaP messaged me in youtube to come to this forum , which i gladly did, because you guys were talking about my video ! Im going to tell what happened , go ahead and ask me questions if you want .
First i advice to watch my video in 1080p fullscreen .

I left my girlfriend home in Gaia like i usually do several times a week and i was driving my car and saw a strange round very bluish light flying over a portuguese tv national antenna which is huge , probably the tallest building in town , when it suddently dropped almost on a vertical line wich caught my attention . I stopped my car +- 400/500 meters ahead and started recording with my cellphone .

My first idea was " It's not a plane the only thing that it could be was an helicopter ! " , but after minute 7:45 the light dives again and makes a loop which made me think/said in portuguese " That could not be an helicopter move ! "

Some people say that it could be an rc plane , and that would be the only possible explanation in my view , but i dismiss it and im telling you why ! I was filming at a 300 meters or 1000 feet , and the first time i saw it while i wasn't filming , the object flew about 1 mile to the place of the video ! Well the light was very intense and i saw at a very long distance and it flew more than a mile and over the biggest building in the city ! How can someone maneuver an rc plane over more than a mile at night , over the tallest building , so precisely doing acrobatic maneuvers ! Would the light of such rc plane be vissible at such a distance , with such intensity and size ?

Sorry for my bad English and extended post !

Wow, thank you for joining and speaking to us about it! This is the 1st time I've ever had the uploader comment on a UFO video I posted! This is a definite treat, thank you ArMaP!

Your English is fantastic my friend, far better than my Portuguese.

So you estimate it travels for a about a mile across? Do you have any police drones in that area that might have been patrolling that night? Search lights used on it ever? Far fetched guess but figured I'd try.

How long did this object appear to you? Longer than you filmed it? Are you a believer in UFOs or was this the first time you've seen anything like this in your area?

Edit: ArMaP, I tried to change the title of my thread and add (with uploader's Q&A's) but it's saying my 4 hr limit has expired and it's barely 2 1/2 hours or so, is that normal?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join