It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rocking and rolling in SF

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

The other one was upgraded to 4.0 at 8.2km, but yeah pretty close.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Nope, no reprinting of the event from earlier. I personally felt both of them with my own 2 feet lol so I know they both happened. Both times I was ready to run outside but they ended so quickly

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Interesting observation is that these were two very different types of quakes from a "feeling" standpoint, but not from a data standpoint. The first "4ish" quake in the afternoon was only about a second an a half. For this one, I was in meetings at a major hotel in town -- great construction in the financial district. It literally felt like someone shook my chair . . or if my chair was suddenly disrupted by "bubbles" coming out of the floor.

The quake tonight was significantly longer (but not long in terms as quakes go) . . . about 5 seconds. It built, slowed . . built . . and then suddently quit. All fell silent. Not sure what to make of that . . .

Both, however, were similar in depth and mag . . . but felt very different. . . .

Just my two cents . .. . stay safe everyone . . .
edit on 20-10-2011 by SFWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
huh

they have interrupted all 3 local TV channels to talk about the latest quake never seen them do that before

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Almost the exact same spot makes you think...

Evil Wall St Bankers direct HAARP onto revolt epicenter!...Berkeley

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The USGS guy on the news right now is explaining how it is an unusual cluster of quakes.
Maybe HAARP has some cronies at UC Berkeley lol.
JUST KIDDING!!!! I'm not that big of a conspiracy buff to go that far lol

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumPhysicist

I am watching that too!! KRON

telling everyone to Wake UP and if you are not prepared get prepared !!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SFWatcher

Both quakes felt different to any quake I've felt here.

Normally I 'feel' it a split second before it hits when I'm at home, almost a warning, and then it builds and shakes, and then you feel the shaking slowly dissipate. Both of these took me completely by surprise, and both stopped suddenly.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
3rd downgrade

Magnitude
Date-Time
Friday, October 21, 2011 at 03:16:05 UTC
Thursday, October 20, 2011 at 08:16:05 PM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones
Depth
9.6 km (6.0 miles)
Region
SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CALIFORNIA
Distances
2 km (1 miles) E (100°) from Berkeley, CA
5 km (3 miles) ESE (123°) from Albany, CA
5 km (3 miles) NE (41°) from Emeryville, CA
8 km (5 miles) NNW (346°) from Oakland, CA
Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 0.2 km (0.1 miles); depth +/- 0.4 km (0.2 miles)
Parameters
Nph= 89, Dmin=1 km, Rmss=0.19 sec, Gp= 29°,
M-type=regional moment magnitude (Mw), Version=6
Source
California Integrated Seismic Net:
USGS Caltech CGS UCB UCSD UNR
Event ID
nc71667591

earthquake.usgs.gov...

funny this is happening on the day of The Great Shake-out

If you have followed the Middlebrook thread, they said that we would be seeing ramped up public service announcements and warnings.. I have seen a lot of those in the last week.

and the fact that KRON is prempting regular programming to talk about this is rare too.

I am prepared to the max

I think Hayward may unzip here soon... I am sure in a tight place here between the San Andreas and the Hayward..

good.. its been really boring around here til today

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by graceunderpressure
The magnitude is yet undetermined, but we just had a quake in downtown SF that literally rolled my floor.

Anyone else in the Bay Area rocking and rolling?
**lmfao!You my westcoat brother have balls And humor in the face of possible catastrophe.I.e.a real American that our third world/Eurotrash fellow posters just don't get or ever will.thanx for THE laugh and be safe brother.

edit on 20-10-2011 by AgentX09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
we had one "casualty" at my house... knocked over the laundry hamper
(no one was injured).

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
You do realize that Harold Camping lives in Hayward Ca? Look out the window, see a bunch of people floating upward?

On the realistic side...it wouldn't hurt to have your bug out bag packed and near the door. I lived in SF during the Loma Prieta EQ 22 years ago to this date.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

My remote fell off the bed at the time of the second quake here in SF.

NEVER FORGET 10-20-2011

edit on 20-10-2011 by otissor because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-10-2011 by otissor because: Needed to add the "never forget"

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09
....I.e.a real American that our Eurotrash fellow posters just don't get or ever will.thanx for THE laugh and be safe brother.

Hey, I resemble that remark.

Trust me, if you've ever been out on the town on a Saturday night in chavland, an earthquake is nothing.

edit on 10/20/2011 by ANOK because: typo

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
You do realize that Harold Camping lives in Hayward Ca? Look out the window, see a bunch of people floating upward?

On the realistic side...it wouldn't hurt to have your bug out bag packed and near the door. I lived in SF during the Loma Prieta EQ 22 years ago to this date.

My aunt actually listens to Harold Camping's radio station (don't ask me why), although I'm not sure if she actually buys into the rapture thing. Anyway, the day of Harold Camping's May rapture date there was a medium sized earthquake too, which made her jump and actually question for a moment if the rapture was happening. So when my cousin texted me today asking if I felt the quake and then reminded me of tomorrow's date, I had to laugh to myself and wonder how many people freaked out again and thought the rapture was happening one day earlier.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

I'd think the bridge was coming down!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
A 4.2 in Cali is enough to get a mention on the local nightly news, but that's about it. It's not considered significant for the San Andreas taken all by itself.

I experienced two earthquakes in that range in the 3 years I lived in L.A. (a 4.1 and a 4.3). Yeah, they shake you up a bit, they are scary, but they aren't a big deal for the region.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

....I.e.a real American that our Eurotrash fellow posters just don't get or ever will.thanx for THE laugh and be safe brother.

Hey, I resemble that remark.

Trust me, if you've ever been out on the town on a Saturday night in chavland, an earthquake is nothing.

edit on 10/20/2011 by ANOK because: typo
**Right.have you being a white guy been in Harlem at 3am?Admitingly i was 18 and in better shape!
edit on 21-10-2011 by AgentX09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

It actually felt like it was going to build but then it suddenly stopped, I was grabbing my stuff lol. (no not that stuff)
reply to post by ANOK

**spews coffee all over the screen** Thanks for that!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by graceunderpressure
The magnitude is yet undetermined, but we just had a quake in downtown SF that literally rolled my floor.

Anyone else in the Bay Area rocking and rolling?
**lmfao!You my westcoat brother have balls And humor in the face of possible catastrophe.I.e.a real American that our third world/Eurotrash fellow posters just don't get or ever will.thanx for THE laugh and be safe brother.

edit on 20-10-2011 by AgentX09 because: (no reason given)

Actually, I'm a woman, but my boyfriend and some others will tell you that I do indeed have "steel kahonies" (euphemistically speaking of course).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join