It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photography of ATS Members

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Parrhesia,

It's a beautiful picture! Glad to see you posting...and your avatar has eyes!...looking at those blueberries...

[edit on 22o08e314708e 47 by apocalypticon]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by apocalypticon

Hilarious. I saw that sign two days ago while returning home on my road trip. The giant cross as well, though I've seen that previously, along with the leaning water tank I posted above.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoganCale

Ha! I saw that water tower also! I, too, was on my way home; I saw the thing, but was in driving mode and didn't stop to shoot it...that's too funny!

Actually, there were a lot of things I saw which I wish I would have taken the time to photograph. Mostly signs, stuff like that...

I was really disappointed when I got to Chaco Canyon...it thundered and poured for 3 days and I finally gave up and moved on. I wasn't outfitted for the weather or I could have gotten some good wet weather shots, but I played the softie on this trip and did the hotel thing every night.

Going back to Philadelphia in November; hope to get a good series there.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Now for the true rookie question: what is HDR ?

HDR stands for “high dynamic range” – It’s a relatively new technique for digital photographers – LoganCale introduced it to me a while back – We’ve played around with it in the past…

While there are different programs/methods for obtaining the finished product, getting the shots you need to create the image is based on one simple principle – Bracketing your shutter speeds…

As a very poor example example, here’s four separate exposures of the same scene – Same focus, same distance, same aperture, ISO, etc…The only thing I did differently on each exposure was increase the shutter speed.

Less light comes through the lens the faster it closes, creating an underexposed image. Your first exposure should be just about perfect – As you would want it if you were using it on its on – Each one thereafter must be darker, until you’re left with nearly an entire black image - With an underexposed image, you have more colors to work with than the blowouts an overexposed image provides…

The programs you use to merge these multiple exposures will basically take the best out of each frame, and slap them all together…Even offering the ability to “align” the image…But this is just really for good measure – Obviously moving objects really won’t work for HDR (As seen by the effect the wind had on these trees between exposures)

This image isn’t really that great of an example of what HDR truly offers, but hopefully that helps to explain the basics of it a little better!

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Hey Enron,

Once again, you prove yourself an excellent explainer of things.

Thanks once again for your indulgence and time.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Taken from a helicopter with sony digital camera

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
Taken from a helicopter with sony digital camera

Nice shot! The tilt really gives the feeling of being in that chopper, and the tone definitely highlights the shadows and terrain, without the distraction of colors there.

Reminds me of an Edward S. Curtis shot...if they had helicopters in his day...

[edit on 14o08e310008e 00 by apocalypticon]

[edit on 25o08e310208e 02 by apocalypticon]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoganCale
Went to the zoo today.

my favorite creature on earth!
Nice pix

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Sweet! I miss thunderstorms. Just boring drizzling rain here in the northwest. Almost like you're getting peed on.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Last week, my wife and I were diverted from an intended trip and had to make an 'on-the-spot' decision of somewhere else to visit. We decided instead to go to Canada's oldest settlement, a fairly small place called Kingston.
www.kingstoncanada.com...

I took lots of pics while touring the town and surroundings and put them into some sort of order.

As you arrive by boat, you will see some shots of colourful cottages on the 1000 Islands, a frigate (I think) patrolling outside of old Fort Henry, a shot of the harbour, the downtown section and the surrounding private homes within a short walk. Towards the end we are back at the harbour and a military college.

Enjoy the tour.

[edit on 18-8-2006 by masqua]

[edit on 18-8-2006 by masqua]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I'm pretty nuts about my cats, especially this little sweetie. Here's naptime on a stack of towels behind the bathtub:

Oh, the great outdoors. Where's the baby...

The tree is just off my kitchen porch on the other side of the driveway.

[edit on 18-8-2006 by psyopswatcher]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
While eastern Cuba is a beautiful place to visit it is lacking in much of the architecture that you can find in the Western segment of the country. Most of my photos consisted either of the homes of Cuban people, none of which turned out well, or beach type settings, such as these.

Playa Guardalavaca, Cuba.

Sama, Cuba.

This is a shore near Gibara, Cuba. Very rocky.

Me on the beach in Baracoa, Cuba.

Here are some from travels to the North of Ontario:

Clear Cuts south of Timmins, Ontario:

Moose at Canoeshed Lake:

Large Image of a Bald Eagle

Bald Eagle Nest, Canoeshed Lake:

Eagle Nest and Eaglet Sillouette:

Northern Sunset, Lake Wabasin:

Fruit!

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Parrhesia, those lake pictures are gorgeous...all those pictures you posted are good.

The link to the large eagle picture really gives the feel of the size of those birds.

I like 'em.

We went to the beach this weekend. Summer in the Bay Area means a lot of fog, low temps, and wind. These were taken at Salmon Creek Beach, just north of Bodega Bay (where they filmed The Birds for all you Hitchcock fans out there).

Trust me: San Diego ocean temps are fine for swimming. Up here, on the Northern Coast...not so much...

[edit on 21o08e311308e 13 by apocalypticon]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Fort Bridger, Wyoming:

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
It rained today. A lot. My driveway, displayed with terrible composition:

The road - the left side is six feet of water moving very rapidly (better seen in the next image):

Large panorama version of above
(Edited to fix oversaturation of sky in photo)

[edit on 25-8-2006 by LoganCale]

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
These were shot in Sipan, Peru (well...a couple were taken in Cayalti and Chiclayo...)

Royal Mochican tombs at Sipan:

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Wow! Great photos by all in the last while!! Here are a few I picked out from our summer travels.

A rowboat from Cheticamp, Nova Scotia, CAN

These rocks look like the profile of a cartoon ape sticking his tongue out! lol!

Cows from Cheticamp, Nova Scotia, CAN

Hopewell Rocks, Fundy National Park, New Brunswick, CAN

Our favorite beach in Ingonish, NS, CAN

Our favorite beach in Ingonish, NS, CAN - I love the colors in this one.

Farm Field Prince Edward Island, CAN

[edit on 8/29/2006 by librasleep]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Hey All,

Enron: I hopr everything is ok down your way, weatherwise.

It's a Bug's life around my porchlight (which could use a good cleaning):

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   
posted this in another topic already, it was a shot i took as part of a nooby colledge assignment

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join