It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photography of ATS Members

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Yay, my first post in this thread

Old mansion, which is falling apart, it's really old, about 2 centuries or something. Pretty scary indeed, people say it's haunted too haha!
I used to play a lot inside when I was little.

Farm overview, pretty cool.. Too bad that it's abandoned.

Horses, everybody loves horses.. Well, I don't

Just kidding!

MOO!

[edit on 16/9/2006 by tunin]

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Hope everyone is having a decent Summer. It's been pretty dang hot here and going to get worse; we're due for some Santa Anna winds starting tomorrow which are, by nature, hot. So...it's gonna get hotter and windy...

Anyway, I've been missing the cold weather (which will be here soon enough and then I'll whine about that) I pulled out some more shots from Romania last Winter, plus a shot of Winter in the Sierra Nevada.

Romania:

Sierra Winter:

A Pony Express Stop somewhere in Utah (poor notetaking on my part...you always think you'll remember where you took the shot...until you've gone through a few hundred of them...):

Philadelphia:

Washington's Headquarters, Valley Forge:

...ok, ok, enough with the shots already......

[edit on 50o09e301809e 18 by apocalypticon]

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Well what the Heck

Might as well join in the fun..

Here is where I grew up

I love the winters back home.

Semper

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Winter with snow must be so cool, too bad that I've never seen it in my lifetime :shk:

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Very nice shots apocalypticon.

I'm hopefully getting a camera for my birthday I cannot waaaaaait to be able to put pics on here!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
A disposable camera would work well enough, heck you could even check off the package to have them only make a digital disc of the photos.

A bunch of the photos in this thread were made with disposable cameras. A "good" camera doesn't take good pictures, its absolutely entirely up to the person taking the pic.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NygdanA "good" camera doesn't take good pictures, its absolutely entirely up to the person taking the pic.

That is my biggest problem and one of the reasons why I do not think of buying a good camera...

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Hey everyone, just go buy you a scanner for next to nothing!

The pictures I posted are old ones from several years ago. (35mm)

The land is all grown up and the Farm house, built around a log cabin, circa 1790's, has burned down now.

With a scanner you can put those pics up that you have been keeping for years and let us all see them.

This is outside of where I went to college. Where I learned a love for climbing that has lasted throughout the years. (Seneca Rocks)

Semper

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Wine Cellar Doors:

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
These are pictures of 'hole in the wall' at Tsusiat Point on the West Coast Trail. One of them was taken at low tide, which is the ideal time to pass through it. The other was taken at midtide, and passing through was much more interesting. Half of our group of six chanced it, the other half took the half hour detour. We got wet up to our thighs, but it was worth it.
BTW, Nygdan, thanks.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
That is my biggest problem and one of the reasons why I do not think of buying a good camera...

If you are trying to say that you are dissapointed with your photos, I think that the rest of us, at least, aren't dissapointed with them and like them.

Unless I misunderstand and you mean to say that you agree, that there's not much of a need to buy 'expensive' cameras.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 01:37 AM
link   
There are a lot of talented photographers here. I took a two night beginners photography course, after I had taken all of the photos posted here. The teacher showed us many useful 'cheats' or 'tricks of the trade' which anyone could employ. These were very inexpensive ways to 'fake' expensive special effects. Here is a picture of me almost half way up a climb called Diedre on the Squamish Chief.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
If you are trying to say that you are dissapointed with your photos, I think that the rest of us, at least, aren't dissapointed with them and like them.

Unless I misunderstand and you mean to say that you agree, that there's not much of a need to buy 'expensive' cameras.

First of all, thank you for your comment.

Its a little of both, I am not disappointed with my photos, I only wished I had that little extra something that makes people "see a good photo" when looking at something other people only see as a normal scene.

Also, having a sister that got the highest ever grade on photography on the Portuguese University of fine arts, I am used to see the difference between a normal photo (like those I usually take) and thousands of good, very good and excellent photos that my sister has taken.

But I never had much of an artistic sense, so I am not worried by that.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Sqaumish Cheif? Looks more like the squeemish cliff! Dude, you're nuts!!

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

I agree with Nygdan, ArMaP; plus, you are one of the people here who have helped me, personally, by critiquing and explaining things about digital photography. I know I have benefitted from it.

That's one of the things I like about this thread: constructive feedback without the shouting that might occur on, oh, I don't know...some of the other subjects this board deals with...

Originally posted by ArMaPIts a little of both, I am not disappointed with my photos, I only wished I had that little extra something that makes people "see a good photo" when looking at something other people only see as a normal scene.

I know that I take tons of shots to get a few I want to share. I take lots of shots of things which seem pretty uninteresting simply to see how they look coming out of the camera...and they are usually still pretty uninteresting, but once in a while you get a pleasant surprise.

As you noted in a way earlier post, the beauty of digital photography is that you can take as many pictures as you want, relatively inexpensively, without having to pay for pictures you don't like.

I also make liberal use of the ol' "digital darkroom", which I suppose is anathema to real photographers, but I don't claim to know anything about the craft/technology of it anyway, I just want to recreate what it felt like to be there. Again, as you observed in an earlier post the beauty of digital photography is that you don't have to understand the technology in order to produce decent pictures.

Having said all of that, Enron, LoganCale, and Parrhesia routinely demonstrate the advantages of actually understanding what they are doing.

Also, having a sister that got the highest ever grade on photography on the Portuguese University of fine arts, I am used to see the difference between a normal photo (like those I usually take) and thousands of good, very good and excellent photos that my sister has taken.

Yeah, that could definitely be humbling...
...Bravo for you sister's achievement in that area!

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Nuts? Me? I get that a lot for some reason. At least I have a rope on in that picture. This picture was taken a few hundred feet higher up the same climb. It shows my truck in the parking lot below. That's it third from the left, top row.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
More from the same.
I love taking pictures of the places that I love the most, specially the one that I spent my best childhood's moments, I love that farm.
Here we go again..

PS: BTW, if anyone is interested to see high res. versions of these photos just ask, ok?
PS²: Thank you so much Nygdan! (You know what I'm talking about
)
-----
Two trees and the old structure where they used to raise pigs; It's almost invisible on this resolution but if you can notice the tiny towers in the back you got the point

Tower, the big tower. Doesn't seem to be big but it's huge, when to stand beside it and look up seems the whole tower is coming down, really cool and it is something that I was afraid in the past.
By historical facts, it was used to make "Pinga" ou "Cachaça", an Alcohoolic Drink similar to Vodka or Whisky extracted from sugar-kanes

Farm "ladder" overview.

And finally...

See ya!

[edit on 24/9/2006 by tunin]

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I don't take a lot of pics, but i like this one of Truro Cathedral:

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This is the view from the north end of the west coast trail looking down on the bay where the trailhead is.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join