It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photography of ATS Members

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Everyone who has a digital camera now calls themselves a photographer, right?

Well, I've always had "an eye" for good shots, and so I thought I would share a few of my favorite pictures...I lost hundreds of photos when my hard drive crashed about 5 months ago, so I'm in the process of rebuilding...I'll update with some more if people like them

Here's one from my culinary portfolio...

Lots more

[Edited on 9/27/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Lol... Yeah, me too, since I got my digital camera, I just started taking pics of anything, and I love it. I might share some pics with you guys as well some time.

I love the black and white pic. Looks great.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Thanks....Yeah - I dunno if there's already another thread out there for this, but whether there is or not, feel free to post them here

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Nice work Enron! I really like the B&W image and the boxes. The middle box leads the eye to the center of the photograph, you have an excellent eye.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Thanks for the comments
- Here's a couple more...

I love this picture, but my camera's shutter speed is so fast it caught a little tremble in my wrist and so it made the star look like a UFO or something

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Me likey!!

Except for the one where you took a # on a plate...tahts just nasty.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
Except for the one where you took a # on a plate...thats just nasty.

That's a red onion marmalade over carmalized pan-seared salmon and a wild mushroom risotto....

Maybe you'd like this one more - It's a duet of filet mignon and lamb with a mango and mint coulis and brocolli and bacon ragout

[Edited on 8/30/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
My favorite thus far is the image below, I could look at that photo for hours.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Thanks...Yeah...I love that one too - Below are some more shots from that location

The house sits on Lake Hall, which is part of a state park - I know two people who live on that lake and their houses are friggin humongous....that structure that looks like a barn is actually the side of their main house...a guest house of almost the same size is off to the right....this place is so beautiful at sunset tho

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Here's a few more...

The lens flare here is photoshopped...I've lost the original...I like this better tho - lol

Check out the shape of this guys leg...lol...awesome soccer player btw...

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Here's some photos "fresh off the press"...these are a few photos I took earlier today that I enjoyed...

I guess I should be smart and also add a little disclaimer...I'd be more than happy if you wished to use my images in this thread elsewhere so long as you notify me ahead of time with your intent and provide me credit for the photo...just in case, ya know

I got really lucky with a few greeat butterfly pics...the one above I'm using as a desktop right now...let me know if you like them and I'll pose a few more of these gorgeous Monarchs...

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Enron,

NICE..
You have a good eye for perspective, shading, you even make a subject out of something that most people would not even notice.

What's your photo Rig?

I've looked for threads like this before. There were some, but then they
pooped out..

How about we try and keep this one going?
Post your photos, and photo equipment specs, everyone likes to
brag about there equipment right? LOL

Maybe a little caption for each photo as well...?

What do you think....?

It's a little self serving, I have stuff, I 'd like to post as well...

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Thanks spacedoubt! Yeah...nothing's posed - it's all just things I see happening and try to get without distorting or removing the image from a certain frame of time, so to speak...I hate finding that perfect shot and then seeing power lines in the frame

Well - I wish I actually had the training to use a 35mm, and I plan on correcting that soon...but for now I'm in the "digital revolution" - The camera I do have, however, is excellent and provides many degrees of flexibility.

I'm using a Nikon Coolpix 4300. The feature I use the most, and the one which all of these pictures were taken with is the mode called "Manual" In that mode I can adjust the white balance, metering, contrast, brightness, sharpness, color tone, sensitivity, exposure, various focusing options and noise reduction...I adjust these every time I go out and shoot just based upon my mood...I mostly stick to the same location - Every time I go there I find these shots I didn't think of before...

I always keep the image as large as possible - my originals are almost all 2272 x 1704

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I decided this morning before I went to work to snag a collage of some older photos off the wall and scan it when I had some down time...it's been busy today but I had a few seconds...These pictures were taking back in 97 or 98 off of the Rhine river, somewhere b/w Mannheim and Worms using one of the first Advantex APS cameras...it was my first "real" camera

Since they were scanned I went into photoshop and touched up the colors...I had a lot of fun taking these that day - me and my father were taking a joy ride along the Rhine and decided to stop at one of the zillions of defunct castles that litter the roadside...I had a tough time getting good shots without catching a back-light in the frame or other modern features...thus the akward angles which I think make these pictures special to me...

Lastly, the middlle-top photo is from a seperate location - it is from the exterior walls which surround a beautiful little town we visited hundreds of times called Rothenburg ob der Tauber - you can sort of see the little red roofs that are characteristic of this city...I'll have to flip through some photo albums and see if I can't find some other "old" pictures I can scan in...

[Edited on 9/20/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Here's a few more from my Nikon...
I should also note that almost all of my outdoor photos in this thread are from The Alfred B. Maclay State Gardens...which is less than a mile from my house - a couple are from a nearby plantation that my friend lives on. The ones below are from Maclay...

These damn butterflies are hard to get to sit still...lol...I had to move from flower to flower and bush to bush - it seemed that after a few minutes though they regarded my moving about and putting the camera in their face as normal - awesome stuff...

With this one, I was just strolling along the paths and saw that the moon was still out - and someone had forgotten to clip a part of this pine tree...but I figured it would look a bit silly and useless in color - the contrast would come out better and it would make more sense in B&W - I dunno...that's the kind of weird stuff I like

EDIT: Oops...I forgot to resize the last image in my initial post....

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Those are really nice photos!
Keep 'em coming..

I've decided to put one up..Tell me what you think.

This is near my home, on a rare rainy day.
I was told It's a very MOODY pic.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Here is another:

This is a Time Exposure of the specular reflection of a satellite.
There is a website that tells you when to expect these reflections from the
Iridium constellation of ComSats. This was one of the brighter "flares"

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The desert rainbow is beautiful...it has a lot of character - I'd say moody is one adjective out of many that could be used to describe the interpretation of those stark contrasts...you've captured the "end of the rainbow"
Awesome photo...

The second image of the satellite reflection is equally impressive...a good example for the right technique for the right job - This is the first I've heard of being able to do this - it also seems as though light pollution is of little concern in your "neck of the woods"...Are these flares actually that visible to the naked eye, or was flash essential in amplfying it?

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
On the Satellite Pic, no, there is no enhancement or flash.
The name of the website is Heavens-above..Just enter your Lat and Long.
and you can print out a weeks worth of satellite passes, that reflect down to your location..Pretty nifty...They also rate the possible brightness of the
flare, the lower the number, the brighter in magnitude..that pic was a -8, the brightest.

Here's another pic of the Same Dry lake, where the Rainbow came from.
Different angle, different season..

This next one is a tiny mushroom, about the size of a dime, don't know what kind. Taken in W.VA

Your turn, send up more!

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Wow - those are some beautiful shades of blue in those rolling hills...

It's so crazy...your mushroom picture is almost identical to the one I used to have on my recently-deceased hard drive...exact same species and almost the exact same forest bed setting...it's freaky - I wish I still had a copy of it so you could see how exactly alike they almost are...er...were...lol

Here's another shot from Maclay...

This one is the same location as the private house in the previous sunset photos - its sits on the same lake as Maclay Gardens

Here's a ghost image of their german shepherd I caught...still not sure quite how this happened, as I could have sworn he ran off into the frame after the picture - clealry I was mistaken though - lol

This one I took today when I stopped by Maclay after work...I've got another cool one of him I'll post later...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join