It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photography of ATS Members

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard

Originally posted by ArMaP
what kind of experience do you have in photography?

Zippo

[edit on 10-7-2006 by UK Wizard]

Your photos look like they were made by someone with little or no experience, but I like the way you compose your photos.

With some experience and maybe a some photography basic theories I think you can make great photos.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I'm all about constructive criticism and being brutally honest, but there was just a little too much spike at the beginning of that last post of yours ArMaP....

But I do realize that your overall message had good intent...

UK - Keep 'em coming man
I think I'm still somewhere in the "little experience" phase myself

I came across this cool Photoshop technique yesterday and wanted to share it...

Fake Model Photography:
recedinghairline.co.uk...

How cool is that?!

Here's a quick one I put together....

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
I'm all about constructive criticism and being brutally honest, but there was just a little too much spike at the beginning of that last post of yours ArMaP....

Its possible it sounded to harsh, I am not very good with words, especially in a language that I only "speak" here.

If that was the case, I am sorry, I had no intention of putting UK Wizard down.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Hey all,

Well, there continues to be a steady stream of wonderful pics on this thread.

Logan Cale your work is quite stunning; I can see why you have your own gallery.

As for me:

I am heading off Sunday morning to set my daughter up at med-school in Philadelphia; from there I am going to take a drive down the eastern seaboard, then cut across Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, etc. until I make my way back to NorCal (I'll wave to ya' as I make the turn Enron).

I should be gone about 6 weeks...

My family bought me a Sony CyberShot H2 for my birthday, so I'll try to take lots of shots along the way. Hopefully, some will be worth posting...

My wife and youngest daughter are in Peru for a few weeks, so I am sure they will also bring back some interesting pics, which I will post.

Things are going to be kind of hectic between now and Sunday so I probably won't post again until I get back.

I wish all of you a GREAT Summer.

Good Lord willin' and the creek don't rise...I'll "talk" with ya'all again in a couple of months.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I'm excitied for you! That sounds like a great trip

Have fun, and bring back lots of pics!

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Hello everyone....

Here are a couple of shots i took at the Midland Paint Horse Fair

Chillin' Old times style

Blue Eyed blues

Shy Strenght

Enjoy !!

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 05:06 AM
link   
About time I post a pic again. It has been an awfully long time, since I did it the last time.

I took this picture Pipe-by-night from my balcony:
premium1.uploadit.org...

I took this picture at the beach, a proper paparazzi-pic. Notice the waterdrops on the skin. I really liek my 500mm!

premium1.uploadit.org...

This one is of me, properly handling my CZ85B with a 32-rounds magazine. No failures to feed, or pipestoving what-so-ever. People werehaving a laugh!
premium1.uploadit.org...

and
Here's a shot of my Navaho friend, Indy. +1 in style! He IS diving into the water, but I think the warrior-gene in him makes him go for the kill!
premium1.uploadit.org...

and
Isn't it amazing how a fork can become tantalizing, especially for us men!
premium1.uploadit.org...

(These images are in x1024)

[edit on 17-7-2006 by Ulvetann]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 06:03 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
A couple of weeks ago we went camping on the South Shore of N.S. and went for hike on the Kejimkujik Sea Side Adjunct trail. It was foggy and then sunny which made for some nice photos.

That's a 10 inch lobster claw I found as is. A sea gull had a nice lunch.

Those little dots on the rocks out there are seals.

These next 2 pics are from a beach in the same area. It's a real shame that the water is too cold for swimming. We had wetsuits but they only cover the torso and this water is so cold it pains you to the bone lololol! Seriously...

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Excellent composition on that shot titled "Shy Strength" BaastetNoir - Love the earthen tones!

Ulvetann - Wow! You've been busy....and mischevious!

That shot of your Navaho friend Indy is excellent! I can look at this photo an immediately get a sense of his jovial/devoted personality....Awesome job!

Libra - Love the way you incorporated the fog into your first few lansdscapes...And the ones following the foggy shots have some great tonal variety and depth - The sharp contrasts between the crystal clear water and the age-old rocks made for some great subject-matter...

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Hi all, long time no see.
Few pics that were intresting (to me anyway)

My python contemplating dinner

My bearded dragons fairwelling their last twoyoung (presale)

next two taken by a freind at west Australian Beach (cable beach Broome)

[edit on 033131p://45073 by instar]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
freinds 'merge-art'

some fireworks shots i took last year

[edit on 043131p://04074 by instar]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Instar! It HAS been a long time man

Gotta love the critter shots....And that is one monster croc! I like the merged shots - Keep 'em coming

It's been a while since I've posted any shots...

Came back last weekend from a brief trip to the beach.....And I brought along....oooohhhh - About 1000 shots with me!

I've been tackling them SLOWLY....There's a story behind this trip - I'm going to have to share that another time, and probably in a seperate thread....

Here are a few shots though from the beach trip:

I've also been playing around with HDR imagery some more....CS2 has the "merge to HDR" feature, which takes a little playing around with, but I think I'm slowly starting to get it...

[edit on 7/29/2006 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   

I have a blog post describing the process of this photo's capture:
www.voxclandestina.com...

I decided to take one last photo so I turned off my car’s headlamps and tried to hold the camera steady for the long shutter - I wasn’t using a tripod, bipod, or monopod. For two seconds I remained motionless even though I wasn’t taking this last photograph too seriously. The result was not only a complete surprise but also the only good photograph I took that night. Maybe, one day I can take an intentional photograph that is also a good photograph.

Jon

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Isn't that how it always plays out Voxel?! :-P

I'm going to reserve comment on exactly what percentage of my work was by accident

You're right though - It creates some of our best work....And that's an extradorinarly powerful image you have here...

Throw out your convictions of what should be considered the proper standards of taking a "serious photograph" and what's the result? A serious photograph.....

Your handheld two second exposure speaks more words in its silence than any book can teach you on aperture or white balance....

Excellent work! Thanks for sharing

Well - That's a tough act to follow, and I'm not even going to try

Here's a critter photo for you though instar ;-)

This gal is monster size x 2....And she's calling my storage shed home - Very kind and gentle beast though - She tolerated my lens being six inches from her fangs and my flash strobes without a fuss!

I suppose it may have something to with me having blinded all 9 of her eyes!

One of my favorite parts of summer is the annual return of these incredible banana spiders - They're like pets! And each year it almost seems as though they get larger and larger....It's a shame they have such a short life-span....

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I have an accident, it was supposed to be two birds!
I snapped too fast, I'm used to the dealy of my OLD camera, hint hint.

Here is the bird.

And here is a little shot of some new shoots, on a Honey locust tree.

For some reason, that second shot would not upload properly.
I made it 800x600 but it was resized. So were all the other sizes I uploaded..
Weird.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
What an incredible sky SD! And even at the small size of your second image, the sharp contrast is eye-popping!

So tell us about the alpha?! How is it? Obviously it's working fine!

I'm not sure about the resize issue...That's odd - Did you copy directly from the memory card or did you pull it from the camer's proprietary software?

I try to skip the middle-man as often as I can and just do a direct copy/paste from the CF card to the folder on my HD....

So what's the deal folks?! Is there something in the arid summer sun that's keeping you all away from my thread?!

I need more cowbell!
!

Humor shots are welcome too, so long as you took the shot

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Hey All,

Road to Gettysburg

Road to Gettysburg

Road to Gettysburg

Road to Gettysburg

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
Excellent composition on that shot titled "Shy Strength" BaastetNoir - Love the earthen tones!

Thank you very much .. it is one of my favorites

Originally posted by Voxel

Gorgeous .. simply gorgeous !!

Quite an amazing oportunity ...

Spacedoubt that sky is amazing ... almost surreal .. great job

apocalypticon Love both the old brick wall with the Ivy, and the Old shad. Would love to buy one of those and build a nest for myself

I have been pretty lazy and bored, and annoyed.. a bunch of unhappy feelings, so i have a bunch of things to post . Enjoy and keep'em commin'

Color

Details

Mirror. Mirror

What should I do ?

n/t

Coper Tone

B & W

[Tridge] - Midland's very popular tridge, not bridge. This park is gorgeosu and I love to go there for some nice relaxing walks

Wood

Rodeo

Keep your eyes in Heaven

Beauty knows no Species

Fight Night

nad thats all folks .. bugged ya enough

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join