It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Wall Street Protester Wants College Paid For Because That's What He Wants

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by GringoViejo

I don't think the issue is whether or not education should be free. This man just wants his paid for because that's what he wants.
I also want college paid for for every American citizen becuse that's just what I want. What's so earth-shatteringly ignorant about that?

And the whole concept of piling debt on people who will better your nation is just stupid. Most other nations realize that their people are investments and that educating them is in their best interests. It is so backwards to do what we do.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Sure let's pay for everyone's education in lieu of welfare, social security, medicare, medicare etc etc. Can't get blood out of a turnip. Poor guy. He's probably struggling with that Columbia University tuition. $30,000 a year will certainly make anyone want to have someone else pay for their education. Try an affordable community college buddy and save the tears for your mommy.

What kind of reason is there for college to cost 30k a year? College is being priced beyond the middle class and it needs to stop. Unless a family wants to go deep into debt soon there will be no college for middle class kids.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Sorry about that, can you link it so we can discuss it there? I searched but i couldn't find anything sifting through all the occupy threads.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

I don't think the issue is whether or not education should be free. This man just wants his paid for because that's what he wants.
I also want college paid for for every American citizen becuse that's just what I want. What's so earth-shatteringly ignorant about that?

I tend to agree

I am not sure why we would are educate our people for 13 years just to get them competent enough
to man a cash register, when we could take it 1/3 more and crank out professionals. That doesn't
make a lot of sense to me, a sixth grade drop out can use a register, a wild monkey man can do it even,
what is the point of spending god knows how much for over a decade per person for what it gets us
in the job market?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

nah man no worries its a great video more people will watch it in the madness forum as they should.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 13-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Wasn't Gaddaffi's Libya paying college tuition before the civil insurrection?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
What a useless halfwit.

He won't even make it through college.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Gaddafis lybia was paying for a lot more than that. In many ways they were more advanced than the USA.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I sure hope this is not a representation of what our educational system is teaching kids. If that's the case we are in BIG trouble.
You can tell by the look in his eyes he has no clue. He is just regurgitating what he has read from an even more retarded person on the net.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

its not its the internets teaching the youth of america

the dumbing down of them.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
For anyone wanting "free" college, take a look at the U.S. public school system and tell me that "free" works well. Yes we should take a look at why the cost is so high and what can be done about it, but wanting it "free"? That is not the answer.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
A free education? What would one of our Founding Fathers think about that?

Man, the nerve of some people suggesting something happening for free. I mean that just flies in the face of Hamiltonian principals.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The internet only dumbs you down if you let it.

If you are not capable of critical thinking then maybe the Internet isn't for you.

Saying the internet is ruining minds is like saying TV is ruining minds.

I'm not saying Internet or TV has a lot of garbage, which it does, not being able to distinguish between facts and useful information from garbage is however the INDIVIDUALS responsibility.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by underduck
You realize that by posting this here you are only furthuring the perception that these people dont know what they are talking about.

Yeah, these people don't need any help in showing their ignorance. I mean it's all there on display.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Free education already exists to a certain extent... public schools, lol.

Who here doesn't realize that advancing common (aka free) education should be a goal of any nation or society?

Otherwise we all just stay surrounded by idiots all the time... oh wait... we are.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meekbot2000
they want to portray the protesters as idiots and irrational

Perhaps they are not portraying anything. Perhaps it is what it is.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Isn't one of the ideas in this country that we're being taxed too much though? That's the thing, yay for free education, but do we want that or less taxes? And if we can't decide is it possible to have less taxes and a free college education for every person in the country?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
heres how universal education works robbing peter to pay paul like every other government program.

the states with the most populations will reap the greatest benefits leaving the small ones left blowing in the wind

money is not a solution to the educational system in America quality is and agenda pushing needs to stop instead of oppressing the minds of the peoples children they need to free them to get them to think for themselves.

and no you cant teach intelligence your born with it or your not and most of the times you can't fix stupid no matter how much money you throw at it.

not everyone in created equal in this country and that means some people are born for school and college and many arent.

what needs to be done at the educational level is to cultivate natural talents not make a 1 size fits all solution which ends up a self defeating ordeal.

or short version someone living in new york paying for someone education in california nope education begin at the local and state levels and the federal needs to stay out of it.
edit on 13-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Swizzy

back in my day tvs were called the idiot box

fast forward to now computers are the new and improved idiot boxes

or the nice term boob tubes.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Digital_Reality

its not its the internets teaching the youth of america

the dumbing down of them.

Do they not still teach logical thinking? I remember learning about fact and opinion in school. We used product ad's and commercials and had to determine fact from opinion. Critical thinking seems to have been skipped for this person.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join