It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats worse? Mein Kampf or the Bible.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
BIBLE SUPPORTERS IM STILL WAITING FOR A VALID RESPONSE! WHY ARE YOU GUYS SHYING AWAY FROM THIS, DO YOU ADMIT THEY ARE BOTH THE SAME? PROVE ME WRONG IF YOU CAN..

Personally I think they are just as bad as each other.
Of course they both have positive aspects as well and people will argue that the bible is better because of the other messages it sends. This thread is mainly about the bad parts so please no derailing the direction of the thread.
I think its important to remember that part of the inspiration for Mein Kampf and many of Hitler’s views were inspired by Christianity and the evil it preaches about Jews and people of other faiths. It is a fair argument that Hitler may never have did what he did if it was not for the bibles teachings.
People cannot deny the similarities between the Bible and Mein Kampf, despite the language differences the message is mostly the same.

Evil Bible Quotes:

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through. (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)
"I have wiped out many nations, devastating their fortress walls and towers. Their cities are now deserted; their streets are in silent ruin. There are no survivors to even tell what happened. I thought, 'Surely they will have reverence for me now! Surely they will listen to my warnings, so I won't need to strike again.' But no; however much I punish them, they continue their evil practices from dawn till dusk and dusk till dawn." So now the LORD says: "Be patient; the time is coming soon when I will stand up and accuse these evil nations. For it is my decision to gather together the kingdoms of the earth and pour out my fiercest anger and fury on them. All the earth will be devoured by the fire of my jealousy. "On that day I will purify the lips of all people, so that everyone will be able to worship the LORD together. My scattered people who live beyond the rivers of Ethiopia will come to present their offerings. (Zephaniah 3:6-10 NLT)
"You Ethiopians will also be slaughtered by my sword," says the LORD. And the LORD will strike the lands of the north with his fist. He will destroy Assyria and make its great capital, Nineveh, a desolate wasteland, parched like a desert. The city that once was so proud will become a pasture for sheep and cattle. All sorts of wild animals will settle there. Owls of many kinds will live among the ruins of its palaces, hooting from the gaping windows. Rubble will block all the doorways, and the cedar paneling will lie open to the wind and weather. This is the fate of that boisterous city, once so secure. "In all the world there is no city as great as I," it boasted. But now, look how it has become an utter ruin, a place where animals live! Everyone passing that way will laugh in derision or shake a defiant fist. (Zephaniah 2:12-15 NLT)
"Should people cheat God? Yet you have cheated me! "But you ask, 'What do you mean? When did we ever cheat you?' "You have cheated me of the tithes and offerings due to me. You are under a curse, for your whole nation has been cheating me. Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do," says the LORD Almighty, "I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won't have enough room to take it in! Try it! Let me prove it to you! Your crops will be abundant, for I will guard them from insects and disease. Your grapes will not shrivel before they are ripe," says the LORD Almighty. (Malachi 3:8-11 NLT)
However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)
Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)
You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)
"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

More Evil Bible Quotes

There is no denying that the Bible preached many things that Mein Kampf bases itself in. It tells people to kill people of other religions(Jews), homosexuals, witches and gypsy like people, people with deformities and disability and people of other nations. Not to mention the fact that many actions of the Nazi's during war reflected what the bible asked of its believers.

Evil Mein Kampf Quotes:

I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.
The great masses of the people will more easily fall victim to a big lie than to a small one.
The personification of the devil as the symbol of all evil assumes the living shape of the Jew.
Was there any form of filth or profligacy, particularly in cultural life, without at least one Jew involved in it? If you cut even cautiously into such an abscess, you found, like a maggot in a rotting body, often dazzled by the sudden light - a kike!
There must be no majority decisions, but only responsible persons, and the word 'council' must be restored to its original meaning. Surely every man will have advisers by his side, but the decision will be made by one man.

All aspects of Hitler’s dictatorship, his beliefs and Mein Kampf were as a result of the teachings of the Bible. So ask yourself, what’s worse? The sheep or the Sheppard.

edit on 13-10-2011 by ShortMemory because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
WOW.. I'm Wiccan, not Christian, but even I feel a bit of offense at having the Bible directly compared and contrasted with the virtual road map from one of the most overtly Evil men mankind has ever known. Yikes!

Oh...for the record and with respect to the thread, Mein Kampf. Every day of the week and twice on Sunday. (Pun INTENDED that time.
)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
WOW.. I'm Wiccan, not Christian, but even I feel a bit of offense at having the Bible directly compared and contrasted with the virtual road map from one of the most overtly Evil men mankind has ever known. Yikes!

Oh...for the record and with respect to the thread, Mein Kampf. Every day of the week and twice on Sunday. (Pun INTENDED that time.
)

Mein Kampf is just a guy answering to what the bible asks of people.
The views in mein kampf are no different to that of the bible, in christian terms if people actually followed all of the bible rather then picking out parts they would know that to get into heaven they would have to support his views.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Clearly people dont have any valid arguments as to how the two are different

thats because they are one in the same!
you guys just cant bring yourselfs to admit it

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
IN THE NEXT ROUND:

"MEIN KAMPF"

vs

"NECRONOMICON"!!!

Both contestants look reaaaally evil, Mein Kampf flashes a dark smile at his adversary. We will see, who's the Champion now!

Sorry, but Mein Kampf is awfully boring, I simply can't believe that anybody would do criminal acts upon jews after reading this junk. The propaganda of Goering was something completely different, he reached out for the masses and gave their frustration and anger a target.. Sorry for that.
*huh* I'm even born long after WWII, nevertheless I feel commited to excuse myself as a german for the Third Reich.. Man, we are programmed.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Mein Kampf for the most part isn't a bad book. I've always described hitler's only significant flaw in reasoning being that he was a facist; He thought the ends justified the means, but went way to far with the means. Mein Kampf itself only has a few cases of cruelty, involving irradiating unfavorable genes.

The bible, actually contains far for verses of violence, and even promotes violence a lot more. But unlike Mein Kampf, it's interpretation has keep changing to keep up with secular morality, even when the original message is so blatantly there. In that aspect, the bible's worse for being far more violence promoting. But Mein Kampf may be worse if you look at a more acceptable interpretation of the words in the bible.

But, which book caused most damage? The bible caused many wars throughout, lots of death, and even torture. Not to mention deaths of innocents in non-war time as well. Mein Kampf caused(didn't really cause, but let's just go with that), a really big war, and the holocaust.

If you did the total collateral damage, it's really hard to calculate, since the bible's damage is so far spread out. Also, you have to decide if you're gonna factor in the earths population density at times, and how much potential for damage there was(Imagine the crusades with the technology Nazi Germany had access too). There's too many variables, I can't really say which book caused more damage.

They also both caused some amounts of good too, I'm not claiming the bible never did any help, but Mein Kampf also did a lot of help too when not being used for evil.

~
I have read a good portion of Mein Kampf, and for the most part I admire the genius behind it, though not all of it. Even if I detest him as well. Even if a lot of his ideas are wrong, I still found it to be good brainfood to see the alternate perspectives put up so elegantly. Hate Hitler, but still admire intelligence when applied usefully. Then turning around and hating it when used in some of the bad ways it was.

I have read a good portion of the bible, I don't see any genius behind it. But I see a gateway to an older(and less civilized) culture.Though I could agree with the few cases of messages of peace and so on, I disagree with most of it because it's the exact opposite. Also disagree that there's any supernatural inspiration for it.

~
If I had to Knee Jerk respond, I'd say Mein Kampf's a worse book. But with a little though, I'd revise that to saying that they both are bad in very different ways, and thusly aren't comparable.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ShortMemory

Id say every scripture that raises one people above all others, justifies murder or even genocide and spews hatred is evil.

However, in this case I'm biased against Hitler because the Nazis killed half of my Family back in the 3rd Reich.

Plus, the Bible is fiction and the Nazis were very real.

ETA:
Actually, the bloodshed caused in the name of the Bible was very real too, so I'm not sure after all.
edit on 13-10-2011 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Whats worse?

Dumb morons who use either to hate on people... in either case.

And lets not be stupid about it, people use the bible for hate.

I'm not really sure your question is valid - mein kampf ffs??

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha

Whats worse?

Dumb morons who use either to hate on people... in either case.

And lets not be stupid about it, people use the bible for hate.

I'm not really sure your question is valid - mein kampf ffs??

this thread is about the messages they send.
plenty more people have used the bible for hate then mein kampf so clearly it is worse.
i think its a valid question..most people say mein kampf is horrible but at the same time love the bible, which is no different. Dont get me wrong i do not believe anything in mein kampf or the bible, but i think its important for people to change their perspectives on things because they do not realise what they actually believe in

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Another hater .

At the centre of the bible are the poor , the fatherless , the opressed, the orphan , the widow , the blind , the leper , those otherwise afflicted, the homeless and all those in need of charity and healing .

When you clearly havent read the books but produce such vitriol in creates damnation in its firmest sense in the minds of others.

Add to these the grief stricken , the dead , the dying , the war wounded , the soldier , the captive , the sentenced to death .

And then these
The murderer , the theif , the liar , the cheat , the oppressor , the wifebeater , the manhater , the whore .
The captain of fifty , the mighty men , the nations , the iniquitous , the publican, the world's traders, the kings of the world and it's governments . The Jews and their Zion . Where did the Bible take little Hitler to the cleaners ?
edit on 13-10-2011 by ZIPMATT because: feeling is not fact

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColCurious

Id say every scripture that raises one people above all others, justifies murder or even genocide and spews hatred is evil.

However, in this case I'm biased against Hitler because the Nazis killed half of my Family back in the 3rd Reich.

Plus, the Bible is fiction and the Nazis were very real.

ETA:
Actually, the bloodshed caused in the name of the Bible was very real too, so I'm not sure after all.
edit on 13-10-2011 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

of course both are evil but i think we need to change peoples perspectives who actually think the bible is better when its clearly worse in most cases.
im sorry to hear about your family and can understand your bias, but if it wasnt for the bible that stuff may not have happened.
so were the crusaders and countless christian murderers over the thousands of years

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT
Another hater .

At the centre of the bible are the poor , the fatherless , the opressed, the orphan , the widow , the blind , the leper , those otherwise afflicted, the homeless and all those in need of charity and healing .

When you clearly havent read the books but produce such vitriol in creates damnation in its firmest sense in the minds of others.

not a hater, just comparing the hate.
like i said this is about the bad things. but in many cases those people you speak of got killed in the bible aslo.

i have read both books and see no difference, it was clearly the inspiration for mein kampf.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

I am really sorry to say this, but unless you change and repent, it looks like you and Hitler will have plenty of time to discuss Mein Kampf together. Eternity is a long time my friend. But it doesn't have to be that way. Jesus died for your sins and God has offered you salvation, but you are too hard hearted to receive it. The bible was not written for unbelievers, therefore, unbelievers cannot and will not understand it until you allow God's holy spirit to help you understand it. I realize Im not going to win any points with this post, but some things just need to be said.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxsomexpersonxx
Mein Kampf for the most part isn't a bad book. I've always described hitler's only significant flaw in reasoning being that he was a facist; He thought the ends justified the means, but went way to far with the means. Mein Kampf itself only has a few cases of cruelty, involving irradiating unfavorable genes.

The bible, actually contains far for verses of violence, and even promotes violence a lot more. But unlike Mein Kampf, it's interpretation has keep changing to keep up with secular morality, even when the original message is so blatantly there. In that aspect, the bible's worse for being far more violence promoting. But Mein Kampf may be worse if you look at a more acceptable interpretation of the words in the bible.

But, which book caused most damage? The bible caused many wars throughout, lots of death, and even torture. Not to mention deaths of innocents in non-war time as well. Mein Kampf caused(didn't really cause, but let's just go with that), a really big war, and the holocaust.

If you did the total collateral damage, it's really hard to calculate, since the bible's damage is so far spread out. Also, you have to decide if you're gonna factor in the earths population density at times, and how much potential for damage there was(Imagine the crusades with the technology Nazi Germany had access too). There's too many variables, I can't really say which book caused more damage.

They also both caused some amounts of good too, I'm not claiming the bible never did any help, but Mein Kampf also did a lot of help too when not being used for evil.

~
I have read a good portion of Mein Kampf, and for the most part I admire the genius behind it, though not all of it. Even if I detest him as well. Even if a lot of his ideas are wrong, I still found it to be good brainfood to see the alternate perspectives put up so elegantly. Hate Hitler, but still admire intelligence when applied usefully. Then turning around and hating it when used in some of the bad ways it was.

I have read a good portion of the bible, I don't see any genius behind it. But I see a gateway to an older(and less civilized) culture.Though I could agree with the few cases of messages of peace and so on, I disagree with most of it because it's the exact opposite. Also disagree that there's any supernatural inspiration for it.

~
If I had to Knee Jerk respond, I'd say Mein Kampf's a worse book. But with a little though, I'd revise that to saying that they both are bad in very different ways, and thusly aren't comparable.

you raise some great points.
like i said both have good aspects but im really trying to compare the bad parts. if you read the bible a lot of gods actions reflect those of a facist, like drowning the entire world to save a few.
i would argue that the bible has caused far more damage. its effects spread world wide and caused pain in so many different ways. Atleast the nazis used for the most part humane ways of killing, god enjoyed torture and pain. Not that the nazis didnt do this but the bible is a lot more 'brutal'.
There is no genius behind the bible because it has no real purpose or reason.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Veritas1

I am really sorry to say this, but unless you change and repent, it looks like you and Hitler will have plenty of time to discuss Mein Kampf together. Eternity is a long time my friend. But it doesn't have to be that way. Jesus died for your sins and God has offered you salvation, but you are too hard hearted to receive it. The bible was not written for unbelievers, therefore, unbelievers cannot and will not understand it until you allow God's holy spirit to help you understand it. I realize Im not going to win any points with this post, but some things just need to be said.

haha the things that the nazis did are supported by the teachings of the bible. so technicaly hitler would be in heaven for following the full word of god and not picking some and disregarding other words of god.
im sorry but if you really knew the bible you would know that most christians are going to hell, you simply do not follow the true word of god in its entirity.
i understand the bible and it offers no logic or reality, please except the reality your religion is evil at its core, looking the other way does NOT change that

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Atleast the nazis used for the most part humane ways of killing

What? The Germans chucked people into detention camps, torturing them and gassing them, how is that humane? Please explain.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

What? The Germans chucked people into detention camps, torturing them and gassing them, how is that humane? Please explain.

well its not nice but using gas chambers was probably the most humane way to do what they did.
im not saying that it was all in the gas chambers, a lot of it was horrible deaths but a lot of the killings by god were a lot worse.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

There is no denying that the Bible preached many things that Mein Kampf bases itself in.

Well let´s see some quotes of "Mein Kampf" shall we?

"The Jews were responsible for bringing negroes into the Rhineland with the ultimate idea of bastardising the white race which they hate and thus lowering its cultural and political level so that the Jew might dominate."

"The Jewish youth lies in wait for hours on end...spying on the unsuspicious German girl he plans to seduce.....he wants to contaminate her blood and remove her from the bosom of her own people. The Jew hates the white race and wants to lower its cultural level so that the Jews might dominate."

"The longer I lived in Vienna, the stronger became my hatred for the promiscuous swarm of foreign peoples which began to batten on that old nursery ground of German culture." (A reference to East Europeans)

"Only an adequate large space on this earth assures a nation freedom of existence." A reference to Hitler's policy of living space (Lebensraum)

"We must eliminate the disproportion between our population and our area...... Some of this land can be obtained from Russia..... We must secure for the German people the land and soil to which they are entitled."

"(The state) must see to it that only the healthy beget children; that there is only one disgrace: despite one's own sickness and deficiencies, to bring children into the world; and one highest honour : to renounce doing so. And conversely it must be considered reprehensible to withhold healthy children from the nation." This would later develop into Hitler's idea of the Master Race.

"When you tell a lie, tell big lies. This is what the Jews do, working on the principle, which is quite true in itself, that in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility......"

"Whoever wishes to win over the masses must know the key that will open the door to their hearts."

Source

Let´s see what is evilbible.com about.:

EvilBible.com is a non-profit web site which was developed to promote atheism by revealing the wicked truth about the Bible and religion.

Evilbible.com

Further, you seem to forget the historical background, of the OT. The books of the OT where written at an era where an eye to eye mentality, slavery and ethics where completely different than ours. For example Hammurabi´s code of laws.

In order to understand the context of the quotes from the OT, is crucial to understand when the books are written, why they were written, and what are the books are talking about.

1.The Book of Zephaniah
2.The Book of Zechariah
3.The Book of Malachi
4.The Book of Leviticus
5.The Book of Deuteronomy
6.The Book of Exodus

The truth is, the are not equal. There are simply books written in different eras and under different circumstances.
The difference is that the "Mein Kampf" simply tell us about Hitler's beliefs.

Peace

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShortMemory

Originally posted by daaskapital

well its not nice but using gas chambers was probably the most humane way to do what they did.
im not saying that it was all in the gas chambers, a lot of it was horrible deaths but a lot of the killings by god were a lot worse.

Okay, in retrospect, i agree, Gassing was a humane way of killing someone, compared to, say, the Cambodian genocide with Pol Pot, or flooding the whole world.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

Let´s see what is evilbible.com about.: EvilBible.com is a non-profit web site which was developed to promote atheism by revealing the wicked truth about the Bible and religion.

that hardly matters, all the information i got from the source were direct quotes from the bible. the only problem is christian websites would never list these parts of the bible so you have to go to an atheist site to get the truth.

Further, you seem to forget the historical background, of the OT. The books of the OT where written at an era where an eye to eye mentality, slavery and ethics where completely different than ours. For example Hammurabi´s code of laws. In order to understand the context of the quotes from the OT, is crucial to understand when the books are written, why they were written, and what are the books are talking about. 1.The Book of Zephaniah 2.The Book of Zechariah 3.The Book of Malachi 4.The Book of Leviticus 5.The Book of Deuteronomy 6.The Book of Exodus The truth is, the are not equal. There are simply books written in different eras and under different circumstances. The difference is that the "Mein Kampf" simply tell us about Hitler's beliefs. Peace

i hate to burst your bubble but the things you listed only really ended in the early-mid 20th century, so although it was a different time people hadnt changed too much from back then.
i think the bible is pretty clear in what it states. you seem to take some things litreally but then ignore other parts. it really doesnt make sense the way modern christians follow the bible, its like you pretend to believe it but deep down despise it.
they are equal because mein kampf clearly takes all its points from the bible.
i only compared these two because a lot of people would consider mein kampf one of the worst things ever written, but dont even realise the bible they love says exactly the same stuff.
the bible was meant to tell us gods beliefs, hitler just took action and tried to become a disciple of god in my opinion

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join