It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats worse? Mein Kampf or the Bible.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ShortMemory

You are such a fool.
You champion the words of a website which has advocated the Old Testament and accused it of Evil, when in fact it has no idea of what right and wrong is to begin with.

What is right and wrong? It's determined by God. God decides what is good, and what is evil, what is justice, what is righteous, what is sin. If God said 2 + 3 = Chair, there wouldn't be a damn thing we could do about it.

That said, the Law (i.e, the Old Testament) is perfect. All of that which is stated, is righteous, as determined by God. That includes everything from the executions to the stonings.

Seems 'unfair'? 'What an asshole', you might say, about God?

No. You are a fool.

The Law of the Old Testament is perfect, it is man who falls short. Knowing this, God gave his Son to die for the world, because it was/is so filled with sin, that there was/is no hope for man to live in eternity without God making the first move.

John 8:7 - So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them,
He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Matthew 7:3 - Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

Luckily, we don't need to follow the OT commandments by murdering our neighbors if they worship a different God, because we ourselves are full with sin. Jesus was/is the only one who can condemn, but instead he chooses to help. He's the ultimate pacifist.

Though, I get the feeling that regardless of what I have to say, it will have no impact on your thick, vacuous skull. The answers have all been given to you, but instead you choose to resort to some website that hasn't put much thought into what it's talking about to begin with.
edit on 14-10-2011 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
If God said 2 + 3 = Chair, there wouldn't be a damn thing we could do about it.

Its exactly that attitude that allows TPTB to control the masses.

All they have to do is make their word be taken as the word of god. The bible was modified over the ages, all it takes are a few insertions, erasures or revisions.... just sayin.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by visualmiscreant

Originally posted by steveknows

Originally posted by visualmiscreant
reply to post by steveknows

The "Church" has done many things in this world that proved them as Non-Christian. These people were either uneducated in the teachings, or seriously deranged. It is things like this that turn others from Christ, but these murderers weren't Christian at all. Read The New Testament; you'll see...

Blah blah blah. It was done by the Church in the name of the church. Murders at the hands of an institution which followed Christ, It was Christians.

You have no faith, and you deny reason. Whatever guy. Have a blessed life...

I do have faith it's just not in religion. I can't for the life of me see how you can say I deny reason other than to have a shot at my signature because there is not one thing I said that is unreasonable unless you've been blinded by religion and as any person who "thinks" would know, reason and religion aren't bedfellows.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

Originally posted by polarwarrior
reply to post by steveknows

Yeah I'd much rather die in a gas chamber than slowly burn to death at the stake.

The burning mentioned in the bible I think referred to the act of melting lead then pouring it down their throat, not bounding them to the stake, but much of that was caused by the bible.

No the burning mentioned in the bible did not refer to pouring molten lead down someone's throat.

You made that up and wrote it, therefore I blame you for every death where something hot was poured down someone's throat.

(Sorry, just using your own logic).

The Bible has accounts of violence and murder. So do many books. Harry Potter has many but you have to admit it hasn't to my knowledge prompted anyone to kill anyone.

The overall theme of the Bible is the complete antithesis of murder and mayhem.

One of the principal rules that the Bible speaks of is "Thou shalt not kill".

Here's a concept for you: The people who kill, and claim some sort of support for their actions from the Bible, have probably not read the Bible in its entirety and are definitely and provably operating contrary to its principles.

You are blaming on the Bible, things it plainly speaks against. It is that simple. The error in understanding is yours.

edit on 14/10/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

It's not the murder in the bible that's being referd to. It's the murder by the church which was recorded by historians at the time.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
THE CHURCH IS A SMILING ASSASSIN.
edit on 14-10-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
If God said 2 + 3 = Chair, there wouldn't be a damn thing we could do about it.

Thank you !
I laughed so hard I almost fell off my 5.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by yahushuasaves

Damn, I've got 'The Secret Doctrine' as well.... haven't read it as yet since I've been reading the works of John Dee and Cornelius Agrippa for the last few months. I'll pick that one up next, thanks for reminding me!
While the pot is calling the kettle black, might I point out ever so gently the dismal treatment of the natives of the North and South American regions at the hands of the christians as they raped and ravaged for gold and conquest, all in the name of a loving god? How about the genocides against the 'heathen' who would not convert shortly after Constantine's conversion? The lions that had so recently dined on the 'saved' were soon given infidel dinners, and didn't complain one bit for the menu's alteration. Hypatia was slain in the name of a pope, her flesh sheared from her bones by scallop shells by loving christian hands. Hundreds if not thousands were burned at the stake for the sin of being midwives, herbalists, healers, doctors, wisefolk, or just plain different. These victims of the bonfire were not just healthy men and women, but the old, infirm, the orphan, the child. Cats, seen as witches' familiars in the 1600's, were slaughtered, leading to the blossoming of the rat population, and in a beautiful twist of karma, spread the plague through europe and england. Consequently, the fire of 1666 (ain't that interesting) burned away the rats and most of the illness from London. Don't preach to me about body counts, little ones. Your god sleeps well on his bed of corpses.
edit on 15-10-2011 by volafox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Let's see, what was that term again? Oh, yes, "Evil Bible Quotes." First off, yes, all evil comes from God, as well as all good. You kind of get that impression early in Genesis, when God points out the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, and says "Don't eat of it." Later, God is angry with Israel, and Moses begs Him off, saying [I paraphrase here, not having an OT handy] "Please do not bring this evil down upon your people, Israel"

Further, if God is who He says He is, He has every right to do good or evil, according to His Will, or to have people carry it out for Him. No apologies otherwise. Why would or should God tell men He was sorry for anything He did? I will admit that He said in His Word that He repented that He made man in the first place...

Further, all these evil verses are always quoted from the OT. God said in His Word that He saw that the old covenant had failed, and many believe it was meant to fail, so that the new covenant could be brought in. Under the new covenant, about the worst that could happen in this life was to be rejected from the community of believers.

Mein Kampf is evil. The Holy Bible is not. Case closed.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Cherry pick and draw hasty conclusions all you want OP, it's easy enough to do. *shrug*

What it comes down to, what is has always come down to is if you are not willing to broaden your vantage point, shed your predispositions, and study Scripture in light of the greater narrative , you will never ever understand.

Scripture is not a piecemeal work. It is a cumulative and cohesive corpus, one branch rooted in and giving rise to another. Without appropriate contextual inference, proper exegesis is impossible.

That all being said, if you truly are interested in understanding the differences between Mein Kampf and Scripture, you won't find your answers here but in an earnest comparative study of the texts themselves...which would render this "question" of yours some sort of twisted polemic.

Hope you find your answers, if indeed you really are looking.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join