It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats worse? Mein Kampf or the Bible.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
the bible by a long shot... it's caused and continues to cause throughout history and today bloodshed , misery and death to countless millions of innocent people... Until humanity stops believing that barbaric, primitive book and religion the death and misery will continue..

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Originally posted by ShortMemory

Atleast the nazis used for the most part humane ways of killing

What? The Germans chucked people into detention camps, torturing them and gassing them, how is that humane? Please explain.

well its not nice but using gas chambers was probably the most humane way to do what they did.
im not saying that it was all in the gas chambers, a lot of it was horrible deaths but a lot of the killings by god were a lot worse.

Okay, in retrospect, i agree, Gassing was a humane way of killing someone, compared to, say, the Cambodian genocide with Pol Pot, or flooding the whole world.

i feel bad putting it that way but it could have been a lot worse.
the bible speaks of some really horrible deaths, not to mention the amount of people tortured in its word.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ShortMemory

Life would be a lot different if the bible had not been there , even if the relgious get it wrong very often .

For example , how valuable is a populus wide law ; "no murder or stealing please" . Do you think this monkey race with deranged ideas like yours would have got on this far without that?

IT means , do you want to buried or cremated in a whole piece , and have a name tag on your grave ?
So people can remember your there ?
Probably not , but most people do . I am sure you wouldnt rather , be scattered in a thousand pieces by wolves when your caveman family went "Ug../?" at your body ?
No, but where might you and your life have gone without some kind of civilsed traditions, like laws to protect the innocent, at least . God knows..

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
The Bible is clearly the worst of the Two, the amount of death influenced by the Bible is far, Far greater than that influenced by Mein Kampf But then again the Question isn't really viable considering both books are of such an entirely different genre,

You could just as easily say whats worse Mein Kampf or The Catcher in the Rye?

~Ted

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

What? The Germans chucked people into detention camps, torturing them and gassing them, how is that humane? Please explain.

well its not nice but using gas chambers was probably the most humane way to do what they did.
im not saying that it was all in the gas chambers, a lot of it was horrible deaths but a lot of the killings by god were a lot worse.

Okay, in retrospect, i agree, Gassing was a humane way of killing someone, compared to, say, the Cambodian genocide with Pol Pot, or flooding the whole world.

the bible speaks of some really horrible deaths, not to mention the amount of people tortured in its word.

Again, i agree, Pretty much every war on the planet is due to religion. So, in reality the Bible is a worse book by causing mass genocide over a period of 2011 years, whereas the Mein Kampf caused WW2 in some sense.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
the bible by a long shot... it's caused and continues to cause throughout history and today bloodshed , misery and death to countless millions of innocent people... Until humanity stops believing that barbaric, primitive book and religion the death and misery will continue..

agreed, turning away from the truth doesnt make it any less real. people will continue to make the same mistakes if they still support the same old stuff. i think the fact the bible is so primitave proves in a way how fake it is and how its clearly the word of god. something true to what they claim the bible is would not be subject to the effects of time; it would be timeless in its word and meaning

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT

Life would be a lot different if the bible had not been there , even if the relgious get it wrong very often .

For example , how valuable is a populus wide law ; "no murder or stealing please" . Do you think this monkey race with deranged ideas like yours would have got on this far without that?

IT means , do you want to buried or cremated in a whole piece , and have a name tag on your grave ?
Probably not , but most people do . I am sure you wouldnt rather , be scattered in a thousand pieces by wolves when your caveman family went "Ug../?" at your body ?
No, but where might you and your life have gone without some kind of civilsed traditions, like laws to protect the innocent, at least . God knows..

Your right, the world would be a lot better off.
People would knew this way before the bible, even some of the most ancient civilisations had rules and 'regulations' that in a lot of cases were far better then the ones preached in the bible.
reality is wether its one year or 1000 years, people will forget about you eventually. and god is just the same, if man kind continues long enough no one will have even heard of the bible.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
The Bible is clearly the worst of the Two, the amount of death influenced by the Bible is far, Far greater than that influenced by Mein Kampf But then again the Question isn't really viable considering both books are of such an entirely different genre,

You could just as easily say whats worse Mein Kampf or The Catcher in the Rye?

~Ted

once again im only raising the question to change peoples perspectives on the evil of the bible. if people realise that its no different to a book considered to be one of the 'worst' things ever written they may be able to open their eyes

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Again, i agree, Pretty much every war on the planet is due to religion. So, in reality the Bible is a worse book by causing mass genocide over a period of 2011 years, whereas the Mein Kampf caused WW2 in some sense.

the extent to the bible pain the bible has caused is limitless

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope
IN THE NEXT ROUND:

"MEIN KAMPF"

vs

"NECRONOMICON"!!!

Both contestants look reaaaally evil, Mein Kampf flashes a dark smile at his adversary. We will see, who's the Champion now!

Sorry, but Mein Kampf is awfully boring, I simply can't believe that anybody would do criminal acts upon jews after reading this junk. The propaganda of Goering was something completely different, he reached out for the masses and gave their frustration and anger a target.. Sorry for that.
*huh* I'm even born long after WWII, nevertheless I feel commited to excuse myself as a german for the Third Reich.. Man, we are programmed.

LOL.... I like your next matchup. That sounds like a match worth selling tickets for.

Seriously though, I think Hitlers rather mundane and boring approach is what made him so dangerous. He wasn't a killer. He quite literally wasn't. I'm not sure Hitler actually KILLED anyone personally, did he? What he had was charisma, leadership qualities and pure, unadulterated EVIL that attracted others willing to follow where he led. I'd rather deal with a half dozen serial killers than ONE Hitler. The Serial killers are gone when the last one falls....Hitler managed to get a whole nation to follow or stay out of his way until his power reached a point where he didn't have to worry about people getting in the way anymore. He had people by then to remove those annoyances from this life, if they so much as annoyed him. I'd love to hope we never see that ......evil... return to this world in a tangible way, but thats just wishful thinking. To ask some people, it's already back and reaching a position to move into power again. We'll see....

BTW... Germans shouldn't feel guilty at this point. It's been 6 decades. We all just need to be vigilant for such a thing happening again...and it could come from any nation with sufficient power to make the takeover worth the effort. Even the United States could find itself hosting the next incarnation of 'it' IMHO.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

We all just need to be vigilant for such a thing happening again..

how can you not expect it to happen again when people still believe the same thing?
do you think that people were preaching the hate of the bible at all times? no they do it when social situations become inflamed. we might not follow the bad parts at this point but whats to stop the church enforcing those views again. the problem with cults like christianity is they can call on their true supporters to do almost anything because of the huge psychalogical hold they have on them. it might not be all of the supporters but definelty a lot more then most small cults. christianity, the church and the bible are dangerous. history shows us this but we decide not to listen

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Germans shouldn't feel guilty at this point. It's been 6 decades. We all just need to be vigilant for such a thing happening again...and it could come from any nation with sufficient power to make the takeover worth the effort. Even the United States could find itself hosting the next incarnation of 'it' IMHO.

Thanks man
We don't hear this very often.

If our history taught us anything, then that vigilance and awareness at all times are the key to lasting freedom.
I kind of consider this as our national heritage.
edit on 13-10-2011 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT

Your right, the world would be a lot better off.
People would knew this way before the bible, even some of the most ancient civilisations had rules and 'regulations' that in a lot of cases were far better then the ones preached in the bible.
reality is wether its one year or 1000 years, people will forget about you eventually. and god is just the same, if man kind continues long enough no one will have even heard of the bible.

You are looking for betterment in rules and regulations ? If you knew what the pattern of truth , justice , equity , equality , law, social norms, and values really are , then you would understand that these are finite and firmly defined , best , by a pair of balances/scales showing equal .

If you understood this , then you can understand that any primitive ancient law , considered a 'good' law can be put by any text . By research you will find that Vedic scripture and law(for example) is highly compatible with biblical law > the same , in effect .

So you are attacking a bringer of justice and attempt for peace between mankind , by undermining biblical law , without knowledge of doing so . Hating something , will leave you in confusion . What has the bible ever done to you , anyway?

More useful a task for yourself , would be to single out passages which smell of being an "naughty addition" to a book , or books . I wouldnt bother with Isaiah or Proverbs though , no one dared change those two , I bet .

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColCurious

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Germans shouldn't feel guilty at this point. It's been 6 decades. We all just need to be vigilant for such a thing happening again...and it could come from any nation with sufficient power to make the takeover worth the effort. Even the United States could find itself hosting the next incarnation of 'it' IMHO.

Thanks man
We don't hear this very often.

If our history taught us anything, then that vigilance and awareness at all times are the key to lasting freedom.
I kind of consider this as our national heritage.
edit on 13-10-2011 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

i agree that germans have nothing to be guilty about because you guys clearly realised the error in your ways and decided to stop it then and there.
christians however continue to believe in the hate, so much worse then what a small group of germans did.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

How many times have you actually read the bible? How long have you actually studied it before you came to your conclusions? Did you just pick and choose which verses to base your opinions? Is this really a valid argument that you are bringing up, or is it just another attempt to bring division and controversy? I really have to ask how old you are, and what your education is. Im not putting you down insulting you. I do suppose you have an interesting argument, but I really have to ask if you are doing this for the sake of argument, or are you doing it for other reasons? What is the real reason you have a disdain for the bible and believers? Have you really been so persecuted in your life that you feel that you have to propose such diatribe? I suspect that somewhere along the way, someone told you were going to hell, and you became angry and convicted about it, therefore presenting a reason to hate the bible and christians, and the views that you are expressing seem to me to be not better than what Hitler himself was saying. I really hope you find faith sometime my friend. I wish no ill will towards you, but I will say this - I AM NOT ASHAMED OF THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST. I know what I believe in, and whom I believe in, and yes, I am willing to die for my faith. Can the same be said of you? Are you willing to die for your lack of faith? I suppose its a two way street. Anyway, like I said, I wish peace to you, and hopefully you are presenting this question with something more than just an argumentative basis. Thank you, and have a good day.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Veritas1

How many times have you actually read the bible? How long have you actually studied it before you came to your conclusions? Did you just pick and choose which verses to base your opinions? Is this really a valid argument that you are bringing up, or is it just another attempt to bring division and controversy? I really have to ask how old you are, and what your education is. Im not putting you down insulting you. I do suppose you have an interesting argument, but I really have to ask if you are doing this for the sake of argument, or are you doing it for other reasons? What is the real reason you have a disdain for the bible and believers? Have you really been so persecuted in your life that you feel that you have to propose such diatribe? I suspect that somewhere along the way, someone told you were going to hell, and you became angry and convicted about it, therefore presenting a reason to hate the bible and christians, and the views that you are expressing seem to me to be not better than what Hitler himself was saying. I really hope you find faith sometime my friend. I wish no ill will towards you, but I will say this - I AM NOT ASHAMED OF THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST. I know what I believe in, and whom I believe in, and yes, I am willing to die for my faith. Can the same be said of you? Are you willing to die for your lack of faith? I suppose its a two way street. Anyway, like I said, I wish peace to you, and hopefully you are presenting this question with something more than just an argumentative basis. Thank you, and have a good day.

Sadly i had to study it for close to 10 years.
This thread is talking specificly about the bad parts.
im not trying to do anything but get people to look at the bible from a different perspective.
my age? clearly im smarter then most if most dont realise how similar the two are.
im doing it partly for argument because i know people cant actually prove what im saying wrong, have a look hardly and theists responded because what im saying is written in the bible its not just made up.
you seriously dont know what your arguing about, thats exactly what the bible teaches and its digusting, of course i dont want people to believe in the crap, its disgusting and sad.
how does this in any way make me comperable to hitler? im mearly pointing out facts, dont get mad at me because you cant stomach them.
ill find faith the day fatih finds fact.
i wish no harm to you either but i worry about people like you and thats why i try change peoples perspectives. the church and the bible are ugly things, that doesnt mean religion has to be.

Can the same be said of you? Are you willing to die for your lack of faith?
seriously?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

that hardly matters, all the information i got from the source were direct quotes from the bible.

Which, they are completely out of context. That´s why i said earlier, that in order to place a context, you have to understand the mentality of those ancient societies. That´s why i said is crucial to understand :

1. When the Book which you are quoting is written.
2. Why the Book is written.
3. What the Book is talking about.

For example take a look at the Leviticus.

1. When it was written?

The traditional view is that Leviticus was compiled by Moses, or, in less extreme form, that the material in it goes back to his time.[3] However, the tradition is comparatively late (it dates from Josephus, a 1st century CE historian),[4] and scholars are practically unanimous that the book had a long period of growth, that it includes some material of considerable antiquity, and that it reached its present form in the Persian period (538-332 BCE).[5]

2. Why it was written?

Leviticus rests on two crucial beliefs: the first, that the world was created "very good" and retains the capacity to achieve that state although it is vulnerable to sin and defilement; the second, that the faithful enactment of ritual makes God's presence available, while ignoring or breaching it compromises the harmony between God and the world.[2]

3. What the book is talking about?

For detailed contents see:
*Vayikra, on Leviticus 1-5: Laws of the sacrifices
*Tzav, on Leviticus 6-8: Sacrifices, ordination of the priests
*Shemini, on Leviticus 9-11: Tabernacle consecrated, alien fire, dietary laws
*Tazria, on Leviticus 12-13: Childbirth, skin disease, clothing
*Metzora, on Leviticus 14-15: Skin disease, infected houses, genital discharges
*Acharei, on Leviticus 16-18: Yom Kippur, centralized offerings, sexual practices
*Kedoshim, on Leviticus 19-20: Holiness, penalties for transgressions
*Emor, on Leviticus 21-24: Rules for priests, holy days, lights and bread, a blasphemer
*Behar, on Leviticus 25-25: Sabbatical year, debt servitude limited
*Bechukotai, on Leviticus 26-27: Blessings and curses, payment of vows

The entire book of Leviticus is probably composed of Priestly literature.[15] Most scholars see chapters 1-16 (the Priestly code) and chapters 17-26 (the Holiness code) as the work of two related schools, but while the Holiness material employs the same technical terms as the Priestly code, it broadens their meaning from pure ritual to the theological and moral, turning the ritual of the Priestly code into a model for the relationship of Israel to God: as the tabernacle is made holy by the presence of Yahweh and kept apart from uncleanliness, so Yahweh will dwell among Israel when Israel is purified (made holy) and separated from other peoples.[16]

Source

It´s just gives the theological meaning concerning Israel's personal relationship with its God, Yahweh. In other words it´s just depicts the mentality of the Ancient Israel at that era, in which the book of Leviticus was written.

the only problem is christian websites would never list these parts of the bible so you have to go to an atheist site to get the truth.

There are many Christian sources in the internet which dealing with those quotes. Do some research. And please do not confuse Atheists with God haters.

i think the bible is pretty clear in what it states. you seem to take some things litreally but then ignore other parts.

If it was clear enough, the why none of the things mentioned above, can be found in the site from which you quote?

it really doesnt make sense the way modern christians follow the bible, its like you pretend to believe it but deep down despise it.

I do not despise the Bible, neither i ignore any of the things are written there. Sure, there some very difficult passages in the Bible, which you can only understand if you study those passages under it´s proper context.

the bible was meant to tell us gods beliefs, hitler just took action and tried to become a disciple of god in my opinion

It´s your opinion and i respect that. In my opinion however, the Bible reveals God's will, the relationship between the Israelites and God, the wonders of Christ and the early history of the Church. The Scriptures are understood to contain historical fact, poetry, idiom, metaphor, simile, moral fable, parable, prophecy, and wisdom literature.

Peace

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Sadly i had to study it for close to 10 years. This thread is talking specificly about the bad parts. im not trying to do anything but get people to look at the bible from a different perspective. my age? clearly im smarter then most if most dont realise how similar the two are. im doing it partly for argument because i know people cant actually prove what im saying wrong, have a look hardly and theists responded because what im saying is written in the bible its not just made up. you seriously dont know what your arguing about, thats exactly what the bible teaches and its digusting, of course i dont want people to believe in the crap, its disgusting and sad. how does this in any way make me comperable to hitler? im mearly pointing out facts, dont get mad at me because you cant stomach them. ill find faith the day fatih finds fact. i wish no harm to you either but i worry about people like you and thats why i try change peoples perspectives. the church and the bible are ugly things, that doesnt mean religion has to be. Can the same be said of you? Are you willing to die for your lack of faith? seriously?

I will admit 10 years is a long time, however it is not enough to fully understand the bible and the complexities surrounding it. I admit as well, I have been studying it for 20, and I still don't. No man understands it completely. Why do you focus on the bad parts? There are many good parts as well, and if you are just pointing out the bad parts merely for argumentative reasons, don't you think that would take away the credibility of your post? The most likely reason most theists haven't responded to it is because they don't want to get involve in a pointless argument, because most likely you are not going to change your mind, and they will not change theirs. You say that what the bible teaches is disgusting, but think about this - out of all the threads posted here on ATS about God and the bible, which comments are really the most disgusting? I have seen so many comments and replies using toliet humor, profanity, sexual innuendos, and such that its a little hard to read because it makes me wonder about true intelligence of the posters. All that profanity and garbage, yet a lot of people have the audacity to get mad when someone qoutes the bible, or mentions God? I fail to see the logic behind that. What I meant by the last statement of the previous post is this - I am willing to stand up for what I believe in, no matter the cost, even if that means dying for my faith. My question to you was if you really believe what you are saying that you are willing to stand up and say it in the same manner? We all have to stand for something. I choose Christ. The reason for that, is because of the many things I have experienced in my life. I won't give my personal testimony here on ATS, because most don't want to hear it, and I respect that. So, once again peace, and good day.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

[..All that profanity and garbage, yet a lot of people have the audacity to get mad when someone qoutes the bible, or mentions God? I fail to see the logic behind that.

Because of the whole "I'm holier than thou"-attitude?

Or the "My holy book says that God exists, ergo he exists and this book is therefore holy!" - circular-reasoning?

There is no rational logic behind this, that drives rational thinking people up the walls. Everyone could say "My big invisible friend is better than yours!", and he would be right! Because there IS NO god. There is not even a requirement for him. Whatever created the universe, we will much more likely find a natural cause for it than the supernatural god-entity, as that entity has the intense wish to conceal itself.

Why does this god-entity conceal itself? It could have a 100% true-believing discipleship, if there would be a supernatural sign distinctively different from possible natural occurances.

For example, a huge man in a white tunic and with a long beard orbiting earth alongside the moon. 4.000 km large, that would be a sign everyone could believe in..

But noooo, its always just "morale and ethic can only come from god", "good people are going to heaven, believe that!" and so on. Nah, I am not convinced.

edit on 13-10-2011 by ManFromEurope because: typo

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

I respect your reply, but what I am saying is that there are more ways to present an argument or disagree with someone without using profanity and derogatory statements. For one thing, it presents the illusion that there is a limited vocabulary (I am not talking about those whose english is not their first language). All I am asking for is to show respect, even if you disagree with the opinion, and hopefully that same respect will be returned.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join