It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats worse? Mein Kampf or the Bible.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ShortMemory

Both are useless. In fact all books that claims to be a guide to live are pointless. Because if you believe in certain book, and another human being believes in another book, they see each other as enemy of their own belief, and there is conflict. Truth is not in books. Every world teacher has been saying that millenia after millenia, truth is in ourselves, but it seems that humanity is deaf.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Does someone other than yourself hurt you with their belief? Does it cause you harm? Does it also cause you harm when someone has no belief in God?

No one has hurt me with their belief or non belief and until that day comes I will not persecute anyone for believing or not believing. I do not expect every one to be like me..... do you?

Why create a thread that will cause strife and or arguments? Is that your intent?

Speaking of intent..... Try taking the Bible and focusing on the words of Jesus, my friend. IMO a true believer tries to walk in his foot steps and not Hitlers. There is your difference. Why focus on the bad?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Mein Bible, silly!
Remember the old "Kids in the Hall" series? And the episode with "Which weighs more? The bible or the Bhagahavagata?"

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Every world teacher has been saying that millenia after millenia, truth is in ourselves, but it seems that humanity is deaf.
reply to post by greenCo

SO TRUE!!!!! The only thing we may get out of any book is what we want....everything else we do not want....we leave. History books can only take us so far....and then we have to decide for ourselves what seems logical to our mind.

If we can all agree that loving our neighbor as our selves is the way to peace and work towards that goal together then peace will surely come. The negativity along with ego gets in the way. If people could just see this in their self and try and be better with positive thinking and love for our brother/sister as our self we will have PEACE.

Everyone has a right to believe in God and everyone has a right to not believe in God. When the day comes to meet the maker (if you think there is one) then that is on the individual's free will. Why push a belief or non belief on someone....just LOVE them and forget the difference.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

In this corner,weighing in at, all the way from eternity...The Holy Bible
The opponent, weighing in at,all the way from germany...Mein Kampf
We have two incredible fighters here inside the octogon...
The Holy Bible has a reach advantage over Mein Kampf by several
thousand years.
Our referee for tonight is...ATS members
At the sound of the bell,touch gloves...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

If its mainly about the bad parts then it's biased and a stupid comparison. If two items are not compared in whole then it is not a comparison. Theres a valid answer for an invalid question.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
God did not approve Cain murdering his brother Abel.
God did not have Abraham kill his own son.
God's commandment is Thou Shalt Not Kill.

Malachi 3:6
For I am the Lord, I do not change.

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

My friend, the Word of God reveals something new each time.
With the above, I show you that your understanding of the violence in the Bible is false, interpreted with human eyes and heart. God does not change. From the first page to the last, He declares His love for mankind - the violence has lessons for humanity - and if the only message you got was that it was equal to Hitlers rant, well then, my friend, I can only point out that you have chosen to believe the darkness.

I have found a very good article on violence and it's meaning at www.christendom-awake.org...

"The Bible is not just a set of instructions about repudiating violence. It is the story of the  sometimes very painful, often backsliding process by which people come to repudiate violence."

"Remember that the Bible is not simply the rejection of violence, but the story of the process by which people came to reject it."

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShortMemory
of course both are evil but i think we need to change peoples perspectives who actually think the bible is better when its clearly worse in most cases.

Why are you on this little crusade? Can you not point at the Quran or other holy works and say the same thing? Why target specifically the bible when there have been thousands of hateful works created. I think you have a vendetta. And no, im not a christian.

Originally posted by ShortMemory
im sorry to hear about your family and can understand your bias, but if it wasnt for the bible that stuff may not have happened.
so were the crusaders and countless christian murderers over the thousands of years

Dont kid yourself. The bible had nothing to do with World War 2. People of all religious creeds use any means they can to justify their evil. Do you assume that athiests are without sin? Stalin advocated a secular state and still murdered millions. Do you assume only christians cause evil in the world? Not sure what angle you are trying to take here and why. Hitler would have had his little rampage across Europe reguardless of his religious leanings.
edit on 13-10-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Mein Kampf does not knock on my door and pedal its membership, it's not on tv screaming rapture to the masses, it dosent ask me for money, and it dosent censor me and insert its own opinion with threats of "god's" wrath.
Mein Kampf never affected my life at all as far as i can see, but the bible on the other hand is like a thorn in my heel

pound for pound, i'd rather have neighbors that keep a copy of Mein Kampf on the table

censorship sucks

edit on 13-10-2011 by spaceg0at because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by spaceg0at
Mein Kampf does not knock on my door and pedal its membership, it's not on tv screaming rapture to the masses, it dosent ask me for money, and it dosent censor me and insert its own opinion with threats of "god's" wrath.
Mein Kampf never affected my life at all as far as i can see, but the bible on the other hand is like a thorn in my heel

pound for pound, i rather have neighbors that keep a copy of Mein Kampf on the table

Obviously you have no idea about neo-nazism then. It may not be as common as christians, but its out there and yes, they do try and "convert" people. It only takes a quick google of "white pride" to see exactly what i mean.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

pound for pound, i rather have neighbors that keep a copy of Mein Kampf on the table

Obviously you have no idea about neo-nazism then. It may not be as common as christians, but its out there and yes, they do try and "convert" people. It only takes a quick google of "white pride" to see exactly what i mean.

it only takes a walk down the street to see who is doing what.. i dont see any skinheads.. never do.

google that

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The bible is far uglier and more devious, all for the many hands in its creation, its editing, its rewriting for personal gain, its wholesale destruction of entire civilizations, not just men, women, children, but animals as well. It deifies a god who is jealous and insecure, mad with envy in the old testament then a remote and cold god who will only consider one's salvation if, and ONLY if you accept his son. While Jesus is a wonderful concept, his followers are far more preoccupied with bullying the non believers into submission than following his precepts. Mein Compf was written by one man, not unlike the koran, so perhaps we should place those two books side by side, and admire the alignment of hate and madness that the two have in common. They both preach against the jew and others who do not fall into what is considered wholesome, they both have strictures on how to live, breed, and exist in a society that is mapped out by an elect few... yep, far more alike than many would dare say. In time, some stupid idiot will read hitler's scribbles, and consider him a prophet if it hasn't been done yet, then yet another episode of religious idiocy will blossom and make the world run red with the blood of the unsuspecting.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

it only takes a walk down the street to see who is doing what.. i dont see any skinheads.. never do.

google that

At the end of the day, religion doesnt kill people. People kill people.

You can say all you want about how christianity has killed millions of people, but so has Islam, so has completely non-religious people and organizations. Ever heard of Stalin? Your United States government is going a great job of killing people in second and third world countries all in the name of............money?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

IMHO THE BIBLE

by a longshot. it has caused so much more death and destruction over the last 2 thousand years than the nazi regime

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
What a silly boy and what a silly question.
Naive would be my best response.
The bible teaches judgement by God and faith in a greater future for believers.
Mein Kampf teaches evolution; Go ahead and read the whole book, not just the parts that support your ignorance.

The bible states there will be a judgment on people and nations for sin. Every aspect of violence in the bible is a retribution from God for sin. We are living in a world now where God is removing His blessings from mankind and allowing the natural world to destroy us.
Time to pay up.
Believe what you want

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Unbelievable comparison by another atheist...you ever read the new testament? The bible has made me* and many others better people. Did Jesus advise us to slaughter others?
This is where i tell you that Stalin killed 20 million. Just a question what was he? It starts with an a and ends with a t. And mussolini? Im gonna get flamed, but whatever.

Also, how many Christians go out into the missions field, sure they spread our religion, but they also help others.
edit on 13-10-2011 by isaac7777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
i dont see how they are even comparable, ones a book, the other is a collection of books.

one has a single author the other has multiple authors.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Apparently, your campf.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Hitler was not a Christian at all. Far far from one. He was in fact an occultist in pursuit of ancient relics and super weapons even looking to ancient civilizations and esoteric knowledge to further his goals.

He kept a copy of Helena Blavatsky's The Secret Doctrine by his bedside. A Theosophical Luciferian book of evil. The Scriptures are the divine inspired word of the eternal Creator of the Universe Yahweh, and it (the Bible) is a message to humanity to understand the consequences of sin, our history, our Messiah, the nature of God and the universe, and his unfailing love for all of us. The prophecies in the Bible have been fulfilled to the letter so what makes men think that the prophecies yet to be fulfilled about the Second Coming of the Messiah, Antichrist, One World Government, One World Religion, fallen angels, Tribulation, Millennial Kingdom etc. won't come to pass? Repentance is required from all humanity. Time is getting short. Antichrist will reveal himself soon. The Book of Daniel is a great example of why The Bible is the infallible Word of God and the prophecies are true. It predicted the empires of Medo- Persia, Greece, Rome, and the coming One World Atlantis based government long before they came. In fact the Book of Isaiah names Cyrus by name almost two centuries before he came to power.

"That saith of Cyrus, He is my shepherd, and shall perform all my pleasure: even saying to Jerusalem, Thou shalt be built; and to the temple, Thy foundation shall be laid." Isaiah 44:28

Matthew 4:17 "From that time on Jesus began to preach, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near."

Repent for the kingdom of heaven is indeed near.

A man (or woman) in unbelief thinks Scripture is foolish and doesn't understand its meaning unless he turns from his sins and repents, receives the Holy Spirit and re-examines the things contained within.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxblackoctoberxx

IMHO THE BIBLE

by a longshot. it has caused so much more death and destruction over the last 2 thousand years than the nazi regime

I think if you actually tried to put some definite figures behind that remark, the Nazi regime comes out way in front on the total death count.

This is typical of someone with a slim grasp of history rehashing someone else's bigoted line.

I believe if you took the actual death counts of all religions, through all of history, the numbers would be vanishingly small.

Wars are fought over power and resources.

The biggest causes of human death would be the combined world wars and some in China, by hundreds of times what any previous wars caused. These wars were definitely not religious wars.

Considering the significant efforts by ALL religions in preserving human life, all through history, it is a wonder anything so stupid could be said and repeated so often.

The terrorists may have killed thousands this century, but how many millions of deaths has the US alone caused in its various wars in the same time period?

Here's a little truth for you: List_of_wars_and_anthropogenic_disasters_by _death_toll
edit on 13/10/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join