It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Spacecraft Recorded near ISS?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReptileRipper

Originally posted by BeforeTheHangmansNoose
reply to post by Arken

Well as the ISS orbits earth, you can see that the 'saucer' shape is following the ISS exactly. It remains in the exact same spot.

Some sort of smudge or explainable event if you ask me. A craft wouldn't hover like a statue near the ISS in perfect sync as it orbited Earth.

Sorry but , it does move
maybe not - backflips and shooting lazers , but it moves... i still dunno what it is though , thought it was light on the lense at first, but isnt that what`s next to it ?

oh oh oh .... sorry , but , did anyone else spot the explosion thingys at 44 secs ?... the flash below the object ? who`s at war there ?

edit on 13-10-2011 by ReptileRipper because: (no reason given)

No thats not somebody firing on the object, thats lightening coming from thunder storms

I don't know what the object is, but if it was a lens flare why does it have 3 clear points of light ?

I find that fact kinda throws the lens flare out the window

S&F great find OP

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeforeTheHangmansNoose
reply to post by Arken

Well as the ISS orbits earth, you can see that the 'saucer' shape is following the ISS exactly. It remains in the exact same spot.

Some sort of smudge or explainable event if you ask me. A craft wouldn't hover like a statue near the ISS in perfect sync as it orbited Earth.

You should notice that this object gets lighter as the sun rises . The ISS gets lighted and so does this object.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

It looks like a reflection.
Nothing special..

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
i agree, after watching the video several times, this appears to be some kind of reflection or lensflare. but i could be wrong. just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
its a reflection from inside the craft , onto the window and into the lense. It has no changes in light contrast.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Whatever this apparition turns out to be, it's still important to keep watching for others like it -- and keep familiarizing as many of us as possible with the plethora of 'routine' origins of TV blips, especially in space. Some of these 'blips' have been critical for safety reasons, and others could will be earth-shaking for even bigger reasons, but we can't ever get there until there's a volunteer team in place to catch all of the images and then filter out the prosaic until we see if something is left. Rejecting them all, or calling them all UFOs, are the two useless [even harmful] extremes. Let's meet in the sensible, sharp-eyed [and sharp-witted] middle. Watch the skies!!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Huge Spacecraft Recorded near ISS

Yep....

Nasa has been hiding UFO's all this time and messed up and let you see one tailing the ISS.
on the internet. If it is onb livestream, youtube, or where ever, then it has to be real.

Common sense is a very important aspect of life

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Computers, specifically image processing software, might be far more effective than a team of people. It's highly unlikely that anything hazardous would have zero relative motion like this for any extended period of time. Image processing software could be trained to look for relative motion, as one criterion, so it can filter out reflections like lens flare, etc. People might do a good job over the short term, but 24/7/365 I have my doubts. Image processing software doesn't get bored, tired, or distracted.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
As many have said...it's obviously some sort of reflection or something of that nature. I actually thought it might be part of the camera reflecting off the window as the sun lit up that side of it, but I don't know how close it is to the glass, etc.

One thing people have mentioned but didn't extrapolate on...the lack of motion in the window. If this were an object, and not a reflection, since this image is from a camera pointed at the Earth, the 'object' would therefore be in a lower orbit than the ISS which would require some additional thrust to keep it from falling to the Earth and in sync with the ISS's higher orbit. For it to maintain a stable orbit without fairly constant readjustment of its altitude, it would exhibit a rather high proper motion in this video and overtake the ISS fairly quickly. Without either, it would just fall to Earth.

Watching the video, however, without knowing what or where the supposed 'object' was going to be...I saw the reflection rather quickly and actually laughed at the idea if that was what they were talking about....then when I saw it really was what they were talking about, I felt a bit sad for them. People haven't looked out windows IRL much I guess.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Manhater

But you said yourself, it emits light.

You are twisting the words here:

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Manhater

Funny, how non UFOers insist it's a lens flare

Shows you the hot spots of where light emits from it.

Erm...

Does a lens flare not emit reflected light?

So you've proven it is lens flare!

A lens flare is when you have a light source that produces echos in the lens of the camera. How many reflections are determined by the lens itself. The flares are ghosts and not actually there so they can not by definition emit anything! Like this pic

So by definition a reflection can not be a source. But you are wrong if you think they can't appear to be more solid - use paint instead of photoshop on the link above and hit invert - the orbs are still there even if the less brighter ones faded and no they don't become more defined - only a light source would become more defined.
And finally, if the object was a flare it would be consistant throughout, not having different lights glowing in different spots while the others are dark - like OP's source.
Here is a good pic of a light post lens flare.

Notice it does not stay constant to the source! The flare moved from the upper left (top) to lower left (bottom) A better example of this is in old movies when they didn't have good polarizing filters so car headlights were always sending flares. Check out the opening of Night of the Living Dead - the flares go everywhere, they don't stand still nor do they stay with the vehicle on one side. With lenses, they actually affect from the opposing side.
This pic and don't shoot me for what it is, shows something unique.

Notice the source appears darker than the echos or lens flares omitting from it? And please observe, the second smaller one may appear a dark solid but think again. Look again! Actually the site explains this very well.
My thing though is that fuzziness like someone tried to fit that object there. Or it could be vibrating fast enough (arent ufo's suppose to spin?) to cause this effect.
IDK really, but I think this is a pic very worthy of discussion w/o the obvious poo poo's.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
What is that? What is that incredible, huge object, saucer shaped, recorded by ISS camera above Earth?

Arken, you've already made up your mind that this ia a "huge spaceship".......even though there is no way in this footage to really determine size or distance......and even if this was a real object.......why must it be a spaceship!

edit on 14-10-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I fail to see why it is so difficult to accept that this is a 'saucer' as if one has never been reported in daylight by sane people.
Is it so difficult to accept that it is probably a saucer? You could even argue that it is a saucer developed by terrestrial beings.

It appears as if the debunkers are attempting to debunk a bit to frivolously.

OP: I think the person did catch a saucer. I won't say it is operated by aliens, but I think it is pretty safe to assume that this object is REAL when you take into account all of the similar sightings.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahybrid
I fail to see why it is so difficult to accept that this is a 'saucer'..

Because it is not? Because you don't know what you're on about? Because the more intellectually sound people in these forums would argue that it's not? Take your pick. And I would agree - I believe it to be a simple case of a light source INSIDE the ISS being reflected off the window, with the "saucer" being a lens reflection. If you check the extended footage, you'll see why. Often, the simplest explanation is the right one.

I hold people with opinions such as yours in the same way as those in the past who believed in Sun and Moon Gods and all that other mythical nonsense that has no place in the modern world - The ones who believe in things but have absolutely no evidence to back up their assumptions. I could go through it all and show why it is very highly likely that it is not a "saucer", "ET's", or aliens but you've already made up your mind. My time is precious and I won't bore you with facts that prove it to be otherwise, Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - The onus is on you to provide the evidence since you obviously claim that this is definitely a "saucer". Why do you think that? What makes you so certain? And crucially, where is the evidence? For the record, I do believe there to be intelligent life out there but I believe statements such as what you said has a negative impact on the UFO community. If you don't have any kind of evidence, you should probably keep opinions such as that to yourself.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
It's highly unlikely that anything hazardous would have zero relative motion like this for any extended period of time. .

I believe the opposite is true, since by 'hazardous' I do not limit my candidates to collision threats -- which actually would NEVER be visually seen before impact, so fast is their relative velocity.

I specifically am interested in indicators that something unexpectedly has come OFF or OUT OF the spacecraft whose cameras -- or crew eyeballs -- are making the observations.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Regarding whether a lens flare can move, all I can contribute here is the thought that it moves as the point of origin of the light moves. It would stay in a constant position only if the vector to the light source and the orientation of the camera also stayed constant. Change either, and its apparent position may change.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one

What is that? What is that incredible, huge object, saucer shaped, recorded by ISS camera above Earth?

Arken, you've already made up your mind that this ia a "huge spaceship".......even though there is no way in this footage to really determine size or distance......and even if this was a real object.......why must it be a spaceship!

edit on 14-10-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

sorry...... Logic

A Space Duck? A Space asparagus?

Hmmmmm........

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

sorry...... Logic

Hmmmmm........

Or perhaps.......a satellite or perhaps a piece of the many thousands of pieces of space junk in low Earth orbit.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JasonT

Originally posted by ahybrid
I fail to see why it is so difficult to accept that this is a 'saucer'..

Because it is not? Because you don't know what you're on about? Because the more intellectually sound people in these forums would argue that it's not? Take your pick. And I would agree - I believe it to be a simple case of a light source INSIDE the ISS being reflected off the window, with the "saucer" being a lens reflection. If you check the extended footage, you'll see why. Often, the simplest explanation is the right one.

I hold people with opinions such as yours in the same way as those in the past who believed in Sun and Moon Gods and all that other mythical nonsense that has no place in the modern world - The ones who believe in things but have absolutely no evidence to back up their assumptions. I could go through it all and show why it is very highly likely that it is not a "saucer", "ET's", or aliens but you've already made up your mind. My time is precious and I won't bore you with facts that prove it to be otherwise, Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - The onus is on you to provide the evidence since you obviously claim that this is definitely a "saucer". Why do you think that? What makes you so certain? And crucially, where is the evidence? For the record, I do believe there to be intelligent life out there but I believe statements such as what you said has a negative impact on the UFO community. If you don't have any kind of evidence, you should probably keep opinions such as that to yourself.

You lost me at

Because it is not?
when you failed to provide quantifiable evidence.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one

sorry...... Logic

Hmmmmm........

Or perhaps.......a satellite or perhaps a piece of the many thousands of pieces of space junk in low Earth orbit.

A satellite with this unusual shape do not exist.
A piece of space junk is not stationary.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join