It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Spacecraft Recorded near ISS?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
reply to post by Droogie

No lens flare.... the solid object exist.

How does embossing it prove it is solid?

You can embos part of a finger painting, the effect is the same... lots of stars tho, it must be solid!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

And, I just prompted you to waste your time posting again!

Congratulations, your medal is in the post. I actually enjoyed typing the whole "put the crack pipe down", you gave me the inspiration for that, so in fact thank you for that slice of joy in an otherwise joyless thread. The reason it is the easiest explanation is probably because it is in fact the actual explanation, i don't know what it is either that is being reflected.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Hmm, let's see.

The "object" lines up perfectly with the light source in the top left corner.
The "object's" intensity fluctuates in sync with the fluctuations of intensity of said light source.

Tough one!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

That's as close as I get, so I'm thinking it is in fact a secondary image inside the camera, of the solar panel, which is in fact the light source you mention, it's the same only darker, a bit like viewing the pinhole camera.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I've seen things with my own eyes, fairly close-up, so I'm not a skeptic in regards to the UFO phenomena.

You can see the edge of the window, and the anomaly is parallel to that window edge. As the view outside scrolls along, the anomaly stayed perfectly with the edge of the window.

My conclusion is that this is a streak on the window; the kind where there is actually abrasion to the window material, or when the material from whatever abraded it rubbed off and sort of stuck to the window surface. If you've ever tried to clean airline windows you know what I'm talking about.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
reply to post by ReptileRipper

Those explosions would be lightning in the earths atmosphere.
very common in these types of orbiting videos.

i`ve seen lightning on an orbit vid before, and although it looks similar.... it doesnt look like lightning , look at how frequent it is and the distance between the flashes ......that`s not lightning........ do you know what spot that`s in ? what country / ocean ?

Orange lighting looks alot like explosions

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

Just had my first good laugh of the day!! Thanks
I needed that.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Jeeze, just lost my beer out my nose laughing at this lens flare.

*Shakes head*

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by zoomer72

Originally posted by Droogie
reply to post by Arken

Then it's more likely that it's a reflection from a part of the ISS itself, all things considered.

How can a reflection be a solid object?

Anyways, Nice find, that thing is huge! good work Arken! as always!

If you've read any of my posts on the UFO forum you will see I am solidly behind unexplainable evidence as being possibly UFO related.

Here is how it could appear to be solid but also part of the lens assembly. In any camera lens, there are multiple elements. Believe it or not, old lenses get dust and particles inside the lens. Don't ask me how. It's confounding. It's the first thing I look for when buying used lenses.

In addition, there are multiple filters screwed on to the lens. I'd bet there is a smudge on the edge of the filter that was overlooked by the person cleaning it.

It's obvious when the frame lights up both the smudge and the speck of dust refract flares simultaneously. They both track in perfect unison with the framing. They are part of the same assembly.

No way it's a UFO. Sorry. I was excited when I read the subject line.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
It would appear to be lens flare to me. The light seems to sit in a stationary position on the lens.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

No. No it Isn't. No . Just no. Try to use common sense.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I am not a skeptic or a debunker, but I have to say this looks like something on the glass or the lense itself, not a craft.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Yet another piece of questionable evidence which will go into the arsenal of UFO worshipers as "proof" of aliens on earth.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Would be nice if we had a longer clip, but imo this appears to be something on the cam or wrong with the cam.
The thing's not moving, maybe a space jellyfish came up and slimed the camera

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows
Yet another piece of questionable evidence which will go into the arsenal of UFO worshipers as "proof" of aliens on earth.

it isnt "on earth" it is in space...

You should really consider changing your name

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Nope. sorry not convinced...This is obvious dirt speck smudge I see on my sunglasses every day and my camera when I don't clean the lenses!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
Hmm, let's see.

The "object" lines up perfectly with the light source in the top left corner.
The "object's" intensity fluctuates in sync with the fluctuations of intensity of said light source.

Tough one!

Damn - you beat me to it! lol

It is always the distance from, and it's intensity is proportional to the large light source in the top left as you say. So, umm, no UFO I fear.

I also agree with other regarding filters. Proves nothing.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeforeTheHangmansNoose
reply to post by Arken

Well as the ISS orbits earth, you can see that the 'saucer' shape is following the ISS exactly. It remains in the exact same spot.

Maybe they moved the ISS there to video the object, and if the objet is here, the ones in charge of it wouldn't care if we saw it, because we would inevitably see it, and if it were actually an invasion I'm not so sure it'd be a fair fight.However for how many dooms days theories are out there I doubt this is it.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeforeTheHangmansNoose
reply to post by Arken

Well as the ISS orbits earth, you can see that the 'saucer' shape is following the ISS exactly. It remains in the exact same spot.

Some sort of smudge or explainable event if you ask me. A craft wouldn't hover like a statue near the ISS in perfect sync as it orbited Earth.

and how do you know that? wheres your PROOF (lol) looks like an 'alien' or maybe one of nasas space ship, it can be in sync with the iss, no law in nature states that it cant. a craft could 'hover' near the iss in perfect sync. its just common sense. but whether your brain puts up that barricade, its your reality.

jra

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swizzy
Skip through the video, you can actually see the object change position ever so slightly.

I noticed that too, which is exactly why I think it's the solar panels. Watch any video of the ISS that shows the solar panels clearly and you will see them move slowly, if you scrub back and forth with the slider on the video.

Originally posted by smurfy
Yes, I said that a few posts back, and there is some evidence for that from more video by the same uploader as the first video, it could even be two panel edges if you look at the two links I posted, nothing conclusive though. Give the first video 20 seconds or so in, and there are two similar 'dot's' noticeable on the edge of the solar panel just as there in the OP's video.

Sorry, I hadn't noticed your post earlier. But it does seem like the most likely explanation.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join