It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Spacecraft Recorded near ISS?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
there is not enough evidence to say ether way. UFO is all it is unknown! is there a longer video? or is this it?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by eroutt
there is not enough evidence to say ether way. UFO is all it is unknown! is there a longer video? or is this it?

Doesn't something have to be flying for it be consider a (U) unidentified (F) lying (O) bject.

Looks like an artifact of the window or the camera...nothing more nothing less.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

A satellite with this unusual shape do not exist.
A piece of space junk is not stationary.

Says the man who believies this to be a "huge spaceship!"

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one

A satellite with this unusual shape do not exist.
A piece of space junk is not stationary.

Says the man who believies this to be a "huge spaceship!"

No. The science and the LOGIC, to the guy who call himself "Logical one"!

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

No. The science and the LOGIC, to the guy who call himself "Logical one"!

Okay......you're right Arken.......it is indeed a huge spaceship..........I can't believe that I couldn't see it before!

So you have proof that giant space craft are hovering in low Earth orbit..........now go find me good footage of Mr.ET surely Youtube must have plenty of documented proof!

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Funny thing is as much as I would love to have proof of aliens, this is absurd. You can see the ISS from earth with your naked eye very easily at night as the sun reflects from it and even sometimes during the day. Furthermore, you can see it with any half decent camera, binoculars, or telescope at most times during the day. The ISS is constantly under observation from many people here on earth. If there were anything hovering near it, there would be wide spread pictures and videos of it. It would not be “leaked” by some super sleuth who just happens to catch it on a NASA video before it is “edited out”.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReptileRipper
oh oh oh .... sorry , but , did anyone else spot the explosion thingys at 44 secs ?... the flash below the object ? who`s at war there ?

edit on 13-10-2011 by ReptileRipper because: (no reason given)

It's called lightning.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I knew there was a thread on here talking about this so I searched it out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is a great shot of the ISS in broad daylight. As I was pointing out in my last post, if there was anything hovering near it, there would be no doubt about it.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Someone made this video and puts together some more information that kind of puts this investigation into better persepctive. I still dont know what it is but it sure is interesting.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Something weird might be going on here ...

The element in question actually does move.

Disclaimer: When I first heard about this I baulked; absolute ridiculousness. Viewing the video, and even watching some of the video explanations, I read or saw nothing that seemed to indicate anything but: optical distortion, or some form of video artifact. Some of the pitiful Photoshop jobs also did nothing to convince me this was anything but regular optical silliness. So I decided to do my own test.

Here is what I did:

1. Screen capture [SC.A] when the element first becomes visible.
  2. Screen capture [SC.B] when the video is near the end when luminosity is at its peak
  3. Import both images into Photoshop, exactly aligned with each other
  4. Find the bottom left edge of the object in SC.A. Create guides. Record position.
  5. Find the top right edge of the object in SC.A. Create guides. Record position.
  6. Create a bounding box guide around the central bright area in SC.A. Create Guides. Record position.
  7. Repeat steps (4), (5), and (6) for SC.B
  8. Compare position data of bottom left SC.A to bottom left SC.B. Record difference in X and Y.
  9. Compare position data of top right SC.A to bottom left SC.B. Record difference in X and Y.
  10. Create a bounding box around the white/light [control] object to the top left of the element in question on SC.A.
  11. Create a bounding box around the white/light [control] object to the top left of the element in question on SC.B.
  12. Compare the positions between these objects.

What I found actually surprised me.

Findings ...

1. Bottom Left guide position in SC.B moved 7 pixels up, vertically, compared to the guide position in SC.A.
  2. Bottom Left guide position in SC.B moved 2 pixels horizontally, compared to the guide position in SC.A.
  3. Top Right guide position in SC.B moved 1 pixel up, vertically, compared to the guide position in SC.A.
  4. Top Right guide position in SC.B moved 5 pixels left, horizontally, compared to the guide position in SC.A.
  5. Middle light guide position in SC.B moved 2 pixels up, vertically, compared to the guide position in SC.A.
  6. Middle light guide position in SC.B moved 5 pixels left, horizontally, compared to the guide position in SC.A.
  7. The control object demonstrated a 0 pixel movement in both vertical and horizontal dimensions when compared to SC.A.

Observations
I don't think this validates the claims that this object is a spacecraft, but you can demonstrate that the object is moving relative to the camera. It is not in perfect synch with the camera's movements.

It is difficult to discern the exact edges of the object. That could be disputed. However, even with a dispute on where the exact edge is, you can demonstrate the most movement in the bottom left edge. The control object definitely does not move. The pixel distribution, that creates the light element, is exactly the same. This could potentially be caused by the compression methods used on the video, but the pixel distribution for the element in question change fairly significantly throughout the course of the video.

A control pixel was selected to determine the difference in lightness levels from SC.A to SC.B. A "levels" filter was applied to SC.A to the exact specifications: 1 input shadow level, 1.00 midtone level, 232 adjust highlight levels. When sampling the lightness levels in a control pixels I used the difference in lightness value to determine the appropriate level of highlight adjust to apply to the filter. This was done to help see the object when it is darkest. Some artifacting is bound to occur as a result of the levels filter.

The object appears to be demonstrating a gradual rotational movement and appears to be in a similar geostatic orbit as the camera, if in fact it is an exterior object and not an optical artifact.

I'd be happy to share the work (images) in more detail if there is interest.

Background: I've been using Photoshop at a professional level for almost ten years.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TimeSpiral

Hit TimeSpiral.......you seem to have gone to great efforts trying to analyse this video.

I appreciate your expertise and wisdom about photoshop.........but at the end of the day you are working with a compressed YouTube video with poor resolution.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
OP,

Someone just informed me of your thread. I didn't realize this was here so if you want, take my newest ISS feeder-find from today and attach it onto here. I'll ask a Mod to close my thread!

Thanks!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one

Originally posted by TimeSpiral

Hit TimeSpiral.......you seem to have gone to great efforts trying to analyse this video.

I appreciate your expertise and wisdom about photoshop.........but at the end of the day you are working with a compressed YouTube video with poor resolution.

You're absolutely correct. I don't discount the possibility that the observations are caused by compression, however, being extremely familiar with compression methods, there are effective ways to determine if an object is moving even if the source material is compressed.

The whole idea of my experiment was to provide data about an observation. I outlined it so others can try the same thing and find any errors in my approach, or possibly refine the process. Maybe the process helps us figure out that it nothing more than an optical artifact.

Maybe it helps us determine if it is something more ...

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TimeSpiral

Absolutely correct approach to the issue. Thanks for your expertise.

ATS need skilled people like you.

stars.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I agree, looks like lens flare or some kind of camera artifact involving the sun, I'm no camera expert that was just my initial feeling when viewing the video.

Keep in mind the sun emits multiple colors of light, mix in some photoshop filters and you can bring these colors out.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Kr0nZ

Hey guys and girls did anybody see the video below was posted in 2017. Looks identical to the OP's catch.

UFO filmes outside ISS Large
edit on 11-1-2021 by jeenyus2008 because: (no reason given)

Edited to add... In the link i posted it is the last video at the bottom of the page.
edit on 11-1-2021 by jeenyus2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Human_Alien

This cant be coincidence. 7 years apart and it looks to be the same craft!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: jeenyus2008

Hey guys and girls did anybody see the video below was posted in 2017. Looks identical to the OP's catch.

Edited to add... In the link i posted it is the last video at the bottom of the page.
Posting hoaxes is against the ATS terms and conditions.

ATS has a thread pinned about 3rd phase hoaxes and other hoax sites:

The UFO Blacklist - Why was my ADGUK, 3rdPhase, SecureTeam10, Section51, etc, video moved to HOAX

That post was in 2016. The blacklist site may have died in 2020, but here is the 2016 archived blacklist:

web.archive.org...

Thirdphaseofmoon – As best I can tell, some time in 2010 a couple of mediocre filmmakers discovered that posting UFO videos on Youtube was a viable business model, and they’ve done very well for themselves. It was a perfect area for them to exploit: production standards are extremely low, and plausibility is almost a non-issue. Producers/CGI artists Blake and Brett Cousins may not create all the hoax UFO shots on their channel (only around 90% of them are hoaxes) but they certainly don’t care about authenticity; it’s all just more content. They’ve made their channel a full-time business and crank out 2 to 3 videos a week, some of them hoax videos, some of them inane interviews devoid of originality or insight. Due to their large audience the Cousins brothers appear to be making a comfortable living for themselves, have upgraded their equipment to HD and are using a steadicam for host segments. Lately they’ve become more brazen promoter, as evidenced by totally unfounded speculation that Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 disappeared due to a “mass alien abduction”. After being repeatedly busted on their hoaxes, they’re now using “shake and blur” style to make their computer generated imagery harder to debunk.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: jeenyus2008

That video in your link is by thirdphaseofmoon, known hoaxers.

The object in the OP video is moving in sync with the ISS, so it's most likely a smudge on the window, a light reflecting from somewhere inside, or some other natural artifact.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeforeTheHangmansNoose
reply to post by Arken

Well as the ISS orbits earth, you can see that the 'saucer' shape is following the ISS exactly. It remains in the exact same spot.

Active navigation would easily explain constant relationship of the two objects...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join