It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Spacecraft Recorded near ISS?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
What is that? What is that incredible, huge object, saucer shaped, recorded by ISS camera above Earth? This amazing footage come from USTREAM live.
Thanks to "streetcap1" for this.

Detail: Contrast confirm that the solid object exist.

thetruthbehindthescenes.wordpress.com...

edit on 13-10-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-10-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Well as the ISS orbits earth, you can see that the 'saucer' shape is following the ISS exactly. It remains in the exact same spot.

Some sort of smudge or explainable event if you ask me. A craft wouldn't hover like a statue near the ISS in perfect sync as it orbited Earth.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
As the poster above stated, it's moving along with the camera. No UFO here, but most likely lense flare as it gets more prominent as it closes in on the sun. In the start of the video it's virtually non-existent, but as the sun comes into view, it gets clearer and more opaque.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

A craft wouldn't hover like a statue near the ISS in perfect sync as it orbited Earth.

Why not?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeforeTheHangmansNoose
reply to post by Arken

Well as the ISS orbits earth, you can see that the 'saucer' shape is following the ISS exactly. It remains in the exact same spot.

Some sort of smudge or explainable event if you ask me. A craft wouldn't hover like a statue near the ISS in perfect sync as it orbited Earth.

Sorry but , it does move
maybe not - backflips and shooting lazers , but it moves... i still dunno what it is though , thought it was light on the lense at first, but isnt that what`s next to it ?

oh oh oh .... sorry , but , did anyone else spot the explosion thingys at 44 secs ?... the flash below the object ? who`s at war there ?

edit on 13-10-2011 by ReptileRipper because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Thats interesting but to be honest the first thought i had when watching this video is it looks like the edge of the continent or maybe a cloud?

You have a good debate topic tho. Good find.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

And I'm going to say that it *IS* part of the ISS.
Its quite common for the camera to be shooting the edge of another part of the station.

Such as in this video...

Many other examples exist.

I think its no coincidence that we didnt get to see any daylight film.
That would have given the game away.

edit on 13-10-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

No lens flare.... the solid object exist.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Then it's more likely that it's a reflection from a part of the ISS itself, all things considered.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Droogie
reply to post by Arken

Then it's more likely that it's a reflection from a part of the ISS itself, all things considered.

How can a reflection be a solid object?

Anyways, Nice find, that thing is huge! good work Arken! as always!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
Waiting for PHAGE to show up along with his 20 auto star minions.
edit on 13-10-2011 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

You beat me to it!

Thanks SS.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

How have you come to the conclusion that it is a solid object?

I don't see how you've come to that conclusion with that picture.

edit on 13/10/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I remember back in the late 90s how there was this camp of believers that went on an emboss filter rampage in photoshop.
They claimed that you could tell who the real reptilians were by using the emboss filter in photoshop.

ahem.

Just because you use a similar filter on any kind of photo artifact and afterwards that artifact suddenly looks alot more like what you really want to see with a cool 3D effect, don't mean it's so.

That 'object' could still very well be something as simple as a reflection on the inside of the window port from something on the inside of the ISS, or a real physica smudge on the inside of the window. If it's just a reflection and you used one of those emboss like filters, you can still get 3D effects that make it appear like what you really want and hope to see and prove.

Fact is, we really CANT know for sure what that is.
1. It's a reflection as boring as that is.
2. It's a smudge, also as boring as that is.
3. It's 'something' outside the ISS, but it's something way more mundane than you expect, just seen from an odd angle that makes it look like something else that you really want to believe you're seeing.
4. It's 'something' outside the ISS, but not boring at all.

with that said, there being 4 categories, you've got 25% chance of being right with any one you choose, or you can say there's a 25% probability of there being a real life UFO outside the ISS, or somehting like that. Whichever, or whatever makes you happiest.

It's a personal choice since until we have full disclosure and aliens come out of the closet, it's all fairy tales and unicorns and bigfoot, if you know what I'm saying.
I'm not saying it isn't what you probably want it to be. I'm just saying the statistical probability of it being so is 25%, with 75% liklihood of it being something boring.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Funny, how non UFOers insist it's a lens flare. This a Chinese Balloon too? This thing has 3 different lights on it at different colors. Play with it in photoshop.

I think it's a real object. Unexplainable UFO. Who knows, it might be military for all we know. But, it's definitely a pretty big something.

Changing the background doesn't change the shape. Use easy filter. Shows you the hot spots of where light emits from it.

edit on 13-10-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

No hard feelings, but, when you 'play' with something in photoshop, you can suddenly make something out of nothing. dots of shadow suddenly become solid objects or even lights. A light color next to a dark color sudden gives a flat object a depth of field effect.

I'm not saying it isn't a UFO, and you can believe what you want to believe, and if you're already a believer, you don't need phtotoshop to convince yourself it's 'real' anyway. Taking an objective approach, with as little bias for, or against, is probably a better choice, however, because you get to explore all the probabilities of what whatever it is, is, and if the more boring possibility proves more true, there's not as much disappointment.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Funny, how non UFOers insist it's a lens flare

Shows you the hot spots of where light emits from it.

Erm...

Does a lens flare not emit reflected light?

So you've proven it is lens flare!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Highly doubt it. This is no lens flare.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

But you said yourself, it emits light.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Wouldn't NASA have found this image/video and scrubbed it before releasing it to the public?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join