It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sounds/Flash over MN and VA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
A few this week that I came across this week. The one in Minnesota reminds me of the one in Florida that ended with a flash. There is something to all the rumble sounds around the world and hope we one day figure them out.

VA:

MN:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 2ndFUTURE

First vid sounds like a distant road with the sound of crickets as backdrop and the second vid sounds like the hum of a v8 ticking over with lightning as a flash.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
The second video sounds like a geyser going off at any moment, or at least something "bubbling" underground...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
2nd video very fishy. That noise sounds very much like it's been added in post. You'd expect it to get more defined depending where the camera is pointed, but it never does. The wind hitting the mic (which normally activates 'wind cut') should distort the low rumble sound but it doesn't whatsoever. The hertz of the sound is far too different to the capable hertz range of the camera. Also, the flash near the end of the video looks like a post production lens flare.

The first one is pretty naff too - like the person above says - a distant road. I don't deny these strange sounds are out there, to an extent - but now that this phenomenon creates so much attention, I think more and more people are putting up fake vids. And although the first one isn't, I'd definitely put my money on the second one being fake.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I've heard noises similar to the first video but always chalked it up to the train. But, the train noise should also be on the left when I'm outside. This time is was on the right side. I don't know what that sound is but it's definitely not cars or a back road.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Good post, and thanks. That second one is very similar to others I have collected and is one of the best examples I've yet to come across for that sound recorded without serious distortion or muffling. I'll ask a couple people I know who have personally stood in the open and heard this 1st hand to get their take on how that compares...but good catch. If they tell me it's what they heard too, then it's a real gem to be that clear.

The post that mentioned the lack of direction of the sound as it's recorded, I'd just note that I've been over this time and again in talking to people and reading reports and that is one aspect I've found to be common among the 1st hand reports. As much as I think it's critical we somehow get a solid direction when these are heard, I keep hearing the description matching what we just saw there. It's everywhere and nowhere specific. It's just there, until it isn't. It's the damnedest thing. I think I know what everyone is hearing..but I'm tired of being blown off or laughed at. Eventually, we'll know...and then I'll find out if I was right or not.

S/F though. If MN is legit, that is a gold nugget for my collection of these.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by markymint

How exactly do you know the capable hertz range of the camera? In my experience I've used video cameras with all sorts of mikes. Not only that but you can add on aftermarket mikes on many models (Heck I can do that even with my iphone!)

I remember back in the day I had an SVHS that could capture wonderful bass sounds.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
This story I found was from April but could it be related?

Earthquake Hits Alexandria, MN; Very Unlikely in Duluth

Fox news link: Earthquake Story

"I have never heard of an earthquake happening in the Midwest,” one Duluth woman said leaving the grocery store.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I'm in & around Northern Va.

what time did this occur ...
because I didn't hear it ?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

You may be right. As far as I'm aware (through experience) there is usually some similarities between the low ends of the wind during a wind cut and any low sounds being recorded. The different elements of the video audio just don't add up to me. But I'm not saying that's "how it is". There doesn't seem to be a relation to the "low sound" in question and the other sounds in the video to me. Also, the flash looks manipulated, and the fact whoever records it stands there in total silence gives me the impression they're just out there videoing a storm, or have a clear intention of adding a sound at a later date.

If there's one thing I'd suggest people do when they're taking any video of any phenomena is talk - describe what you're seeing or hearing. Speech to camera over the top of audio can drastically improve the chances of it being bunked or debunked. Why stand in complete silence. It's like a having a page of a book with no words just a picture of flames. We'd all interpret it as something different, some may think it's a cosy fire, some may think it's the depths of hell. But if some text underneath it reads "back of a jet plane afterburner" we realize it's something completely different and has context.

There is no context in these videos. No-one saying "I've just come outside, listen to this! Can you hear this?" like there are in all the great noise from the sky videos. If there's something I've learnt through years of watching YT videos, it's that when something real is happening - people talk about it, they laugh, they question it. Complete silence IMO is a strong indicator of a side purpose - a staged event. For that reason, I feel these videos will just filter into nothingness. Or maybe into one of those videos by the same guy who keeps making the same compilation every day on YouTube about the strange noise phenomenom.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by markymint

All good points....though I still have respectfully disagree with you. Now I'm not suggesting that there isn't a simple explanation for this, but the video (including the flash) just don't look manipulated to me. I won't deny it couldn't be, of course....one can fake just about anything now days, but there was nothing to indicate that in my opinion (Having a background in video/film production I'm usually pretty good at picking CGI out too, which isn't to suggest I'm beyond being fooled though)

I guess there are small reasons that make me believe it (just as there are small reasons that you don't believe it, such as the lack of any dialog) One thing is that if I was going to go to the trouble of faking something like this, then I'd probably try for something a bit more dramatic. This whole thing could be quite easily explained away.....for instance it could simply be some machine in the distance, there for a very ordinary reason, and the flash in the sky could simply be some odd lightening...or in other words simply a coincidence.
edit on 12-10-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: No reason....I just like to edit stuff randomly.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Was there a twister in the second vid...IF not I just hope its not HARRP....I'm in WV and VA has had a 3.0 trimmer today..

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

I noticed that too....a funnel cloud just to the left of the "flash" (it was there before the flash though)

top topics

join