It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HIGH Increase of Military Activity on California Coast -- explain why??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I essentially re-registered to this site to post this thread, so hopefully I don't seem "suspicious" to any conspiracy buffs. I am not here to blow your mind. The "caps" in my title may have even been overkill, although the increase has been rather dramatic, albeit slow to come. I am here to try and gain knowledge of why this is occuring though, and hopefully fellow members can shed light on some reasons. I have seen threads like this before and they are typically unprovable, paranoia ridden, or warnings of incoming martial law that get too many flags for routine troop/vehicle movement. This is not one of those threads, so please, bare with.

background--------------------------------

I have lived at my current location on the coast of central California for over 18 years. I would like to think I am familiar with how my area works, its general noises/ activity, etc. I even have some ties into local military personal, mostly friends, and friends fathers, and take active interest in the little knowledge I can get about what they are willing to tell me (no aliens, no space tech). If you are familiar with CA, you probably know theres and airforce base or two out here (I should know more specifically) - the closest to me being Vandenberg Airforce Base 1-2 hours south of my residence. Im fairly sure It's a pretty decent place, I think they shot a lunar mission out of there and.. have some cool guns or something. So military activity, especially in the sky, wouldn't be particularly alarming to a level headed person. Over the years I've seen (actually it's almost always hear first, then see) helicopters flying over head, and ocassionally a jet or 3 blasting by. I work from home, and sometimes I would hear them out my home-office window and go outside to marvel for bit. I'de like to think I didn't miss many of them considering my work situation.

On average, I see maybe 10-20 occurences of military craft yearly. A lot more high flying jet contrails than anything else, also generally flying north, up from Vandenberg. So If I missed 2/3 of them, we could naively say 60 or so occurences of military craft are openly visible/audible to my town (or just myself) on any given year. OK.

currently----------------------------------

The photo in the beggining of this post is part of all I can offer up as any sort of proof that Im atleast have sane, and not one to over exaggerate. It is of maybe 2 months ago. I count about 7 different low altitude contrails, taken at night, slightly adjusted for your viewing pleasure.

Item numero dos. I doubt those are identifiable, you can see as much as I could. However black helicopters are no common place thing overhead, even in the 10-20 annual over head military craft. What I simply have never seen my whole life here is 4 flying together though, all military.

Now I wish it was just these photos and me saying look 7 contrails in one night look 4 helicopters during the day. But it is SO much more. It has become progressively worse for the last 6 months or so. The first pic was 2 months ago - I started to find it weird that I was seeing these contrails, always at night. Then despite whether I saw a jet, I would go outside midday and see jet contrails.

Now, for at least 2 full months, every single night I hear or see a mimum of 2 jets. 50% chance I hear atleast one helicopter as well. this occurs no earlier than 11 pm and will go on till as late as 3-4 AM. I stay up way to late, and have been steadily for months. I have the windows open and every night for over a month I hear jets or helicopters flying overhead, usually north, from what I assume must be vandenberg airforce base. I go outside and witness the numerous contrails, at night I have seen 2-3 black helicopters flying information. The record is two different sets of multiple jets, and 3 seperate passings by helicopter(s) in one night. I have been ignoring it somewhat - but i rediscovered those pictures and then realized this has been happening for months on end, and it is weird as hell. There has never been his much flight activity over the central coast that I or many older folk can remember. And never, ever, ever, has it happened every single night. not skipping a beat, for over a month, only at the earliest AM hours.
I have searched the internet for days, called vandenberg, asked people stationed there - no explanation.
I have spoken to an active test-jet engineer and one of the head rocket enginerees at Vandenberg (both fathers of people I know), and neither of them know why, although one said he has noticed much increased flight activity (from his own home near mine though, not because he was at work).

Any idea why this is happening ATS? There is obviously a reason, and if you want to explain it away as various flight tests/training- Why the new flight pattern/path, and what are they testing/training for anyway that requires this many flights, of blacked out helicopters and high speed jet aircraft? Insight from those familiar with the military would be awesome! thanks!
edit on 12-10-2011 by Esrever because: nope

edit on 12-10-2011 by Esrever because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Somebody started a thread on this topic a few hours ago.

Abnormal amount of fighter jet activity,CA

Hope that helps.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
theres also hundreds of identical white cars and vans in parking lots

people are talking about it on facebook and google

que onda! whats going on really??

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

The beggining to some answers are in that thread, but not enough for my taste. I question most why it all goes down late night. Interesting to know there is a lot of jet shows and stuff in october that could explain some of it. thanks

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I live between Camp Roberts/Hunter Ligget and Fort Ord and about every month or so we get a Sonic Boom that none of the usual suspects will claim, been going on regularly for a few years now. Over the last 4 or 5 years while hunting on Hunter Ligget its impossible not to notice the Army in full swing playing War games on a massive scale complete with Fighter Jets and loads of Helo's and Armor so I wouldn't be surprised if there is lots of activity throughout the state. Its been so busy you would think Roberts was still in its hay day.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Esrever

The helicopters in your second pic are two Hueys and two Cobras.

The Marines still fly them.

29 Palms (A Marine training site) is not that far from Vandenberg AFB. Then you also have NTC.
edit on 12-10-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I live on California's very North Coast. I agree that there seems to be alot of out of the ordinary activity going on. Alot more jets and Coast Guard helicopters. Also the local "first responders" have increased in number, and there just seems to be alot of nervous energy in the air. And out of the blue this is in the newspaper,www.times-standard.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I noticed this in Maryland, too, minus the sonic booms. My husband and I were at the mall a few weeks ago and were startled to see military helicopters and planes flying low over the mall. And at night sometimes the same sort of plane activity you seem to be hearing keeps me up and wondering. It is not every night, thankfully, but there are some nights when the air traffic is mind boggling. I can't even begin to guess how much this activity costs the taxpayer. I don't know where my nearest air base is, but I am decently close enough to Washington DC to think it all just is exercises to keep the capital and the Capitol safe.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Boxer Rebellion Part II.

Every country's economy has been stalled/going backwards. The Chinese have been going fullsteam as they are still exporting. If they don't get knocked back to the stone age soon they'll be so far advanced.....we'd never catch up.

Essentially China is the world super power so....Boxer Rebellion Part II. They're getting gang banged by Russia, US, Europe again.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Esrever

Oh my.

You know funny you should mention this.
Sorry I have no pics and will not post picks from my cell for legit reasons.

I live on the east coast and I live near 2 major airports one to the west and one to the south.

I have been living here for over 10 years and know the flight of aircraft.

Lets repeat I am one not to mention crap about chemtrails . Don't believe me read my posts.BUT!

I have noticed and if anyone wants to jump in here who are around hear as I know you had to see it.

But there has been so much high altitude activity going from the east coast heading west. And the funny thing is it has been going on for about a week.

Prior to this I have never seen this in my 10+ years living here.

I have been witnessing aircraft at high altitudes in formations about an unknown distance. Lets call it 10 miles for a rough estimate.

But the planes have been leaving long trails of white smoke of fog. And I have been watching it and it looks like a standard plane but the trail does not disipate as quickly. What happens is it looks like a line in the sky with little puffs at a specific interval. I have watched it for several hours and it spreads out and eventually looks like high thinned out clouds.

The have been doing this for one reason I can think of.

I think the purpose is to blind chinese sats as they fly overhead.

I say this as they start at about sunrise and end at about 3-4PM is the last flight I have noticed.

This is new to this area and I can tell you when I look up at the sky. I am seeing aircraft coming from the east going west.

I was also at the beach recently with all this nice weather and noticed which to me seamed like increased activity is the air over the east coast.

I know because I go to the beach alot. Hence my avatar...

I see all the C5's coming in low and taking off and landing at the local air base. I see the crafts usual patters which are to take off and head out over the oceans in large sweeping patterns going slow slow slow and only at about 15kAlt. What are they sweeping for and what are they doing. This is the old pattern.

Now what I have noticed is that instead of this regualar pattern of touch and go sea search sweeping patterns. They take off and climb straigh up until you can barely see them then the head west in a fan shape pattern with the point of the fan starting in mass and heading up north towards canada and heading south like towards the mid south. Not like straigh up north or straight down south but towards the north at 45 degrees.

I am starting to get nervous as this patter is consistent with some sort of cloud creation to cover up what.

And here you are starting a thread about military activity.

I think you may be right and they may be moving or trying to hide from sat radar.

What is going on?

I just filled all my supplies so I am all set if the SHTF but I will top of my fuel supplies today jsut need to pick up some more marine grade stabilizer and booster. JUST IN CASE.

Stay alert stay alive.

When things get bad in the markets one thing that always follows. WAR.

edit on 12-10-2011 by Rocky Black because: TYPOS

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black

The have been doing this for one reason I can think of.

I think the purpose is to blind chinese sats as they fly overhead.

I am starting to get nervous as this patter is consistent with some sort of cloud creation to cover up what.

And here you are starting a thread about military activity.

I think you may be right and they may be moving or trying to hide from sat radar.

What is going on?

Nothing is going on apart from paranoid conspiracy theorists jumping to illogical conclusions. You seriously think that US military aircraft are creating cloud cover to deny reconnaissance satellites? ATS really is becoming comedy central.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Esrever

Black helicopters? Seriously? Your 'Black Helicopters' are nothing more than USMC AH-1 variants. In the image you posted there is a combination of four and two-bladed variants of the attack helicopter. The lead helo might possibly be a UH-1Y

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 26-10-2011 by tommyjo because: Additional info added

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esrever

The photo in the beggining of this post is part of all I can offer up as any sort of proof that Im atleast have sane, and not one to over exaggerate. It is of maybe 2 months ago. I count about 7 different low altitude contrails, taken at night, slightly adjusted for your viewing pleasure.

Low altitude contrails? Alarm bells start to ring when such statements are put forward.

It is amazing how many people are simply unaware that they live in proximity to an upper air route. It is also amazing how many people are unaware that aircraft are passing over their area at height when they don't produce contrails.

Use the following to find air routes.

skyvector.com...

Use following for airport codes.

www.airlinecodes.co.uk...

For example

Type KLAX into the 'Flight Plan box' and click 'go'

KLAX is the code for Los Angeles International Airport

From the top bar click on Enroute H-4. This will bring up the J and Q routes. This covers the high altitude routes. Those routes cover the height 18,000 to 45,000 feet.

What you are viewing when you see contrails are in the main aircraft using those J and Q routes. Work it out for yourself via the cursor featuring the lat and long on the Flight Plan bar.

Another useful websites.

www.flightradar24.com...

uk.flightaware.com...

Remember that there can be a delay of several minutes on tracking data.

new topics

top topics

join