It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

in 37 minutes Atlanta Police dept will arrest anybody still Occupying Woodruff Park (Added Videos)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

here is the first video

I'm at work, so give me a little time for the second one.

reply to post by Blaine91555

edit on 11-10-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

Looks like they are marching down town.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Thank you. I've been watching videos all day to catch up on the various protests. Glad to see mostly peaceful activities. Although its clear that some are infested with the usual trouble causers which is sad for those who are serious.

I was shocked to see that John Lewis was treated like dirt in Atlanta when he came to lend support. Truly sad and a dumb move in my opinion. Looked like the protestors have already formed a government and are well on the way to becoming shills. Sorry, but that's the way I see it.

John Lewis was and is the real deal, even if I don't like his politics which I don't. What is happening in Atlanta is childish compared to marching with King. You will all regret that and I'm sure some of you do already. Rude is not the word for it. Your fruits will determine where this all goes. That was bad fruit blowing him off.

What's with that stuff of having the crowd repeat everything the speaker says? Weird to watch? Odd how people were raising their hands to vote yes to both sides. How many there actually have a defined agenda as opposed to just being there for the experience?

I'll watch your video and thanks again for posting this stuff.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

This is like going through a time warp back to the Vietnam War Protests. Your video is bringing back lots of memories.

On the previous post of mine, I was referring to another video in the daytime around the time Lewis was there. I should have been clearer.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Thank you. I've been watching videos all day to catch up on the various protests. Glad to see mostly peaceful activities. Although its clear that some are infested with the usual trouble causers which is sad for those who are serious.

I was shocked to see that John Lewis was treated like dirt in Atlanta when he came to lend support. Truly sad and a dumb move in my opinion. Looked like the protestors have already formed a government and are well on the way to becoming shills. Sorry, but that's the way I see it.

John Lewis was and is the real deal, even if I don't like his politics which I don't. What is happening in Atlanta is childish compared to marching with King. You will all regret that and I'm sure some of you do already. Rude is not the word for it. Your fruits will determine where this all goes. That was bad fruit blowing him off.

What's with that stuff of having the crowd repeat everything the speaker says? Weird to watch? Odd how people were raising their hands to vote yes to both sides. How many there actually have a defined agenda as opposed to just being there for the experience?

I'll watch your video and thanks again for posting this stuff.

untrue. that is how it was spun by the media. John Lewis was gonna speak, no problem, but at that specific general assembly, we had an agenda. he was not SCHEDULED to speak then, and time was not on our side. he was welcome to speak when we were finished with the general assembly agenda, but he wasn't silenced.

we usually don't use mics, or megaphones, so we have something called "the peoples mic" in which you call a "mic check" and people repeat you to amplify your words in case somebody further from you can't hear you. it's just sound magnification.

the majority of people who are there for more than just photo ops know why they're there. some people come every once in a while for the energy, but the people who are THERE, know, and discuss, and build upon the problems, and possible solutions.
edit on 11-10-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Thanks for the video and post the WHOLE WORLD WILL OCCUPY 99% UNITE, Basic equality for all.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
I'm on scene with my macbook, flip camcorder, and nikon d60.

really? does anybody else see the completely unfunny irony of that right there? which seems to be oh so common amongst these protestors.

so youre their protesting corporate greed, loaded to the gills with corporate products. complaining about how we need to tax the rich more, while you are carrying a $1,000 laptop, a $500 camera and however much a flip camera cost?

seriously? and people cheer this sort of garbage on?

i work full time and eat ramen noodles 4 days a week because i dont want help from anybody, and especially not the government, and youre hanging out for days at a time with upwards of $1,500 of toys complaining about how youre not getting enough?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
edit on 11-10-2011 by pngxp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by pngxp

I'm on scene with my macbook, flip camcorder, and nikon d60.

really? does anybody else see the completely unfunny irony of that right there? which seems to be oh so common amongst these protestors.

so youre their protesting corporate greed, loaded to the gills with corporate products. complaining about how we need to tax the rich more, while you are carrying a $1,000 laptop, a $500 camera and however much a flip camera cost?

seriously? and people cheer this sort of garbage on?

i work full time and eat ramen noodles 4 days a week because i dont want help from anybody, and especially not the government, and youre hanging out for days at a time with upwards of $1,500 of toys complaining about how youre not getting enough?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
edit on 11-10-2011 by pngxp because: (no reason given)

and who the # said i bought the # on my own? think before you type because stupid assumptions make an ASS out of you..

and no, i'm not "their" I'm "there"...

get the # outta here..

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
so what happened?

Its the end of the 11th?

I visited the website and there are post today but no word about what happened?

Oh let me guess they told you guys to leave and you left?

So now the occupy movement is censoring their failure?

I really appreciate the effort but standing around, repeating the same things, quoting some one in a crowd, and hitting drums is not going to change a thing. Especially when most people in the videos have over priced corporate products and hipster clothing.

If you play by the rules you might as well not be out there, playing by the rules means your going to do as your told anyway, and honestly in all of these protests i'm seeing people do as they're told.

Stand up, get arrested, they can't jail all of you, if they try just come back again and again, show the people how their police would rather arrest peaceful protesters then drug dealers, gang bangers, rapists, child molesters, wife beaters, the whole nine yards. Imagine all the crime going on in atlanta as all the police are distracted. Show the public what their taxes are paying for, teach the people that income tax is a fraud, spread the word of the fast and furious, don't just stand around yourselves screaming! SCREAM AT THE ENEMY!

I want change just as much as the other person, but the more videos i see the more it makes me SICK! Hate all you want, you know i'm right.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by pngxp

Lemmie get this straight, because his stuff is nicer than yours his message is invalid? This isn't about stuff, it's about expressing discontent for the systemic corruption of our country. People who happen to live comfortably can be agitated too.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
how about they organize a dump in. that way they can smell the sh-t we have to put up with.

edit on 10-10-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)
O yes please. Maybe they will understand "*hit" ain't all politics

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by doom27
so what happened?

Its the end of the 11th?

I visited the website and there are post today but no word about what happened?

Oh let me guess they told you guys to leave and you left?

So now the occupy movement is censoring their failure?

I really appreciate the effort but standing around, repeating the same things, quoting some one in a crowd, and hitting drums is not going to change a thing. Especially when most people in the videos have over priced corporate products and hipster clothing.

If you play by the rules you might as well not be out there, playing by the rules means your going to do as your told anyway, and honestly in all of these protests i'm seeing people do as they're told.

Stand up, get arrested, they can't jail all of you, if they try just come back again and again, show the people how their police would rather arrest peaceful protesters then drug dealers, gang bangers, rapists, child molesters, wife beaters, the whole nine yards. Imagine all the crime going on in atlanta as all the police are distracted. Show the public what their taxes are paying for, teach the people that income tax is a fraud, spread the word of the fast and furious, don't just stand around yourselves screaming! SCREAM AT THE ENEMY!

I want change just as much as the other person, but the more videos i see the more it makes me SICK! Hate all you want, you know i'm right.

have you kept up with ANY of the thread or paid attention to my video?

some left, some stayed, SO THAT THEY COULDNT END THE OCCUPATION WITH ARRESTS.

nobody was actually "leaving the park" and dropping the cause. we went freakin 15 yards away, onto the sidewalk, to "be disruptive"...

I can't stand you negative do nothings..

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by VivaDiscordia

i don't understand why things that i've won, and had sponsored means that i live comfortably. but thank you of having my back there, none the less.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

You missed the point here. The point is all these techy gadgety toys and stuff being used while doing anti corporation protests. They need to dump all electronics and such items and live directly off the land like they are recommending everyone do by getting rid of corporations. That means no tents, no coffeemakers, no Nike shoes, no laptops, no iphones, no electric stoves, etc.

and definitely nothing with a CARBON FOOTPRINT

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by VivaDiscordia
reply to post by pngxp

Lemmie get this straight, because his stuff is nicer than yours his message is invalid? This isn't about stuff, it's about expressing discontent for the systemic corruption of our country. People who happen to live comfortably can be agitated too.

Actually it IS about stuff, because WALL STREET trades in stuff so you guys can have stuff like cameras and laptops and the infrastructure needed to livestream the message. Adbusters organized this thing originally and their message is anti corporate. They are against logos and advertising and excessive materialism. It's easy to see that none of these people have thought through this stuff to its logical conclusion. Their demands are for a trillion in infrastructure spending and green jobs but they are protesting corporations.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

funny how people don't wanna support a movement by getting involved, but can sit at home with how we SHOULD do things - oblivious to the fact that all movements start at the beginning, and grow in more than just size. Not sure why people expect things that are simply hard to achieve on the 5TH DAY of the occupation...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
It's great to see you guy's out there exercising your freedom of speech rights. Makes my (and other Vets also I'm sure) time spent serving in the military worth it.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

your service is much appreciated.

respect

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

funny how people don't wanna support a movement by getting involved, but can sit at home with how we SHOULD do things - oblivious to the fact that all movements start at the beginning, and grow in more than just size. Not sure why people expect things that are simply hard to achieve on the 5TH DAY of the occupation...

I dont care how you do things except stop being a hypocrite and follow the logic of the demands and who is sponsoring this.
Are you anti corporate? If so why do you have cameras and such? I'm guessing you didn't know adbusters is behind this really.
But then theres the Soros connection. Hes a billionaire from his investments on Wall Street and he "sympathizes" with you....

edit on 11-10-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by pngxp

Very true, I don't think that many of these kids really know why they're up their, not as a group. Sure, they all have their own individual theories of just why everyone has assembled, but do they have any clear reason as to why so many people have organized? It sure as hell ain't to bring down the corporations, or at least I hope not, because most of them look to be my age and I don't know that my generation could live without our technology and the conviences it provides. I grew up on a farm and I know I'd still have a hard time making my way in life if I couldn't pick up a meal at the nearest set of golden arches.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join