It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

in 37 minutes Atlanta Police dept will arrest anybody still Occupying Woodruff Park (Added Videos)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Your advice is very toxic.

6. Self-defense batons, they telescope for maxium crunching power to beat off attack cops.
reply to post by Eye of Horus

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eye of Horus
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Make sure you have these before going:

1. gas mask..to counter act the tear gas cops use in riot situations.
2. pexiglass shield.. to block cops attacks with clubs.
3. Helmets, Kevlar the best.
4. Body armor. You can pick them up at various tatical places online.
5. Stun weapon, if legal in your state.
6. Self-defense batons, they telescope for maxium crunching power to beat off attack cops.
7. First aid kit.
8. MRE's

You might think I'm joking but its always good to have these things in a situation. always better to be prepared, then end up as just a bloody victim being taken away.

Remember this.. there are more protestors than cops, don't show them any fear and they'll back off.If not then you'll be ready for there attacks.

my 2 cents

The only thing that the organizers will allow is first aid kits. gas masks and any perceived weapons will be perceived the wrong way and will illicit the wrong reaction from police. I'm sure we all had something we could cover our faces with, but in the event of club attacks, we would have just been clubbed....

We're not here to attack or provoke police. your backpack sounds like the g8/g20/london rioters gear.
edit on 11-10-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
my first video is uploading to youtube now. it should be about 20 minutes because I'm uploading it in HD. =)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
In a way, this is like the tea party movement.... in that at first, no one really knew much about it, why it was forming, and what it stood for., or the person in charge? Of whom there really is none. I'd say..... go ask five people, complete strangers, what they think the 'Occupy' thing is all about. I bet four would not know, and shrug. But now that it's getting press time and on the major news, it might evolve with some definition as to just WHAT it is. I have to admit, I'm kind of fuzzy on what the purpose is, and just what the protest is? Honestly now...... do YOU know? I'v got a bit of it, but in no way could I answer someone as to the ultimate purpose.... What? rich people share with poor? Not gonn'a happen... Too many are poor because of their decisions in life, and their choice to party, stay stoned and not work. Unfortunatly there are some who are earnestly trying to better themselves and their famillys, but they are getting sucked into the vacumn cased by the loafers, and their chances are being derailed. They will likely make it out of poverty, but what is poverty? Not eating at fast food every day, only having a cell phone for entertainment instead of driving out for a night on the town. Only drinking on the weekends instead of every day? what is poverty? When I was young, poverty was .......going hungry, sleeping under the stars and being told we were just having an adventure, it was living with Grandma and Grandpa, it was eating biscuits and gravy, with water to drink. It was taking 'one' peanut butter, and hopefully jelly sandwich to school for lunch. It was cleaning your plate Clean. you'v all seen the movies or heard the stories of poverty and what it means to be destitute. SO.... JUST ...WHAT....IS....OCCUPY Then? As I'm trying to get a grasp of that, I think once people start to realize just what it is, then maybe more people will embrace what it is for. On a Seperate note. Thinking about all the talk of 2012 and all the 'New Enlightenment' or 'Awakening' ...... sure seems like people everywhere are fed up and ready to take back their liberty's and freedoms which have ever so sneakily been taken, and also are ready to tar and feather the scoundrels in government, if not just outright do a French revolution on them. SO that's my take on this movement which has just gained my attention about a month or so ago... What say you?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plotus
In a way, this is like the tea party movement.... in that at first, no one really knew much about it, why it was forming, and what it stood for., or the person in charge? Of whom there really is none. I'd say..... go ask five people, complete strangers, what they think the 'Occupy' thing is all about. I bet four would not know, and shrug. But now that it's getting press time and on the major news, it might evolve with some definition as to just WHAT it is. I have to admit, I'm kind of fuzzy on what the purpose is, and just what the protest is? Honestly now...... do YOU know? I'v got a bit of it, but in no way could I answer someone as to the ultimate purpose.... What? rich people share with poor? Not gonn'a happen... Too many are poor because of their decisions in life, and their choice to party, stay stoned and not work. Unfortunatly there are some who are earnestly trying to better themselves and their famillys, but they are getting sucked into the vacumn cased by the loafers, and their chances are being derailed. They will likely make it out of poverty, but what is poverty? Not eating at fast food every day, only having a cell phone for entertainment instead of driving out for a night on the town. Only drinking on the weekends instead of every day? what is poverty? When I was young, poverty was .......going hungry, sleeping under the stars and being told we were just having an adventure, it was living with Grandma and Grandpa, it was eating biscuits and gravy, with water to drink. It was taking 'one' peanut butter, and hopefully jelly sandwich to school for lunch. It was cleaning your plate Clean. you'v all seen the movies or heard the stories of poverty and what it means to be destitute. SO.... JUST ...WHAT....IS....OCCUPY Then? As I'm trying to get a grasp of that, I think once people start to realize just what it is, then maybe more people will embrace what it is for. On a Seperate note. Thinking about all the talk of 2012 and all the 'New Enlightenment' or 'Awakening' ...... sure seems like people everywhere are fed up and ready to take back their liberty's and freedoms which have ever so sneakily been taken, and also are ready to tar and feather the scoundrels in government, if not just outright do a French revolution on them. SO that's my take on this movement which has just gained my attention about a month or so ago... What say you?

the overall understanding down here in ATL is: screw your budget cuts on education, end the fed, end corporate greed, end the corporate choke hold on our government, bring charges against those who gave bonuses using bailouts, end the wars, tax the rich more, and actually put those billions spent on war into this countries infrastructure. when you put money into building bridges, roads, and possibly bringing some industry back into this country, you put millions back to work.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
( MMIM ) Thank you..... I now have way more information than I did when I woke this morning. and I'd say, You made it simple and plain English......I'm on board.......
edit on 11-10-2011 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I nominate you as spokesperson for the movement.
well said and in simple and effective terms. there needs to be a focused effort to get this information out in such a concise manner. I see many conservatives who agree 100% with every word you said who do nothing but bash this movement out of ignorance and misunderstanding.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

And you're obviously an idiot.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by slimmerpickens

there are people who are much better at public speaking than i am. they are on the video that I'm about to upload. stay tuned family.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by WildWorld
They are calling people in to shut down occupy Boston tonight too

from what I can see...if these people follow city curfew laws,,park hours etc,,, there would be no problems.
the smell of EXTREMISUM. .....IS STARTING TO STINK UP WHAT LITTLE FREEDOMSE STILL HAVE.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

from what I can see...if these people follow city curfew laws,,park hours etc,,, there would be no problems.
the smell of EXTREMISUM. .....IS STARTING TO STINK UP WHAT LITTLE FREEDOMSE STILL HAVE.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Atlanta is dangerous, they should crack down on this one, because this one has the potential to turn violent and spread throughout the metro area.

IMO... why wait 37 minutes?

These freaks (those who are actually the origin of all of this) are not going to relent until there is widespread violence somewhere... The attempts to control the movement through political organizers, popular media support and business figures is faltering.

You can crack heads and make arrests now, or wait and ultimately have to order extra body bags and refrigerated trailers for storage later.

Consider yourselves warned.

SMELLS MORE AND MORE LIKE EXTREMISUM....SUCH AS THE CASES IN THE MIDDLE EAST..

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by archangel2012

oh i'm sorry, i didn't know the israeli's went home from their occupation at night to "obey palestinian laws"..

and the US, I didn't know the US left iraq and afghanistan during ramadan....

really dude??

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by archangel2012

extremism = police tactics employed in Boston, last night
extremism = destroying personal property without authorization
extremism = any American too closed-minded to consider the possibilities
extremism = voicing an opinion minus details or fact
extremism = obeying a city ordinance whilst committing civil disobedience

something tells me that last word is getting in your way, eh?

although i am not in support of the organizers of these protests ... i am ashamed ... i am embarrassed as a taxpaying participant ... i am horrified, but more simply, i am now motivated to "consider the possibilities" with a less defining stroke.

while it is true many participants disagree with the details and a sense of direction is seldom conveyed ... if Boston is any kind of example ... we the people must unite as the sovereign people we claim to be because this isn't exemplary of the service for which we pay.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by archangel2012

how is civil disobedience extremism??

extremism |ikˈstrēˌmizəm| noun
the holding of extreme political or religious views; fanaticism:

get it correct dude..

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
the first video from last night is in my op now. I'm currently piecing the second video together!!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by Honor93

how is civil disobedience extremism??

extremism |ikˈstrēˌmizəm| noun
the holding of extreme political or religious views; fanaticism:

get it correct dude..

i got it correct ... read it AGAIN.

extremism = OBEYING city ordinance whilst committing civil disobedience.
or did you purposefully ignore those words?

geeeeeesh, a little over the top are ya?
well, maybe calmer minds will prevail.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

i accidentally replied to the wrong person. sorry..

i edited it now =)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

As long as you remain committed to doing this without violence or stomping all over other peoples rights, you have my support whether I agree with your causes or not. looking forward to the video's.

Eye of Horus,
You are part of the problem. I don't think the real protestors want your type around. Cheap opportunists who are in it for the violence and an opportunity to loot or destroy property should not be welcome anywhere other than prison. You're not protestors, you're cheap thugs.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
The bad part is that alot of you don't realeyes that your supporting communism and trying to overthrow our government. I'm all for reestablishing the original laws that made america great.However what you ar4e doing is criminal and it's only a matter of time before your arrested.

Where are you from, Mars? Are you serious about the above statements you made

ETA
I would like to add that I don't mean any serious sarcasm, as I am genuinely interested in your opinion and how you came to that/those opinions.

1. How is anyone of the protestors supporting communism?
2. Who said they were trying to overthrow the Government?
3. Where's the criminal activity in protesting?
4. Why do you remind me of Henry Kissinger?

Forget number 4

edit on 10/11/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join