It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

in 37 minutes Atlanta Police dept will arrest anybody still Occupying Woodruff Park (Added Videos)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Devestator
Whoa is the world uprising!

i dont sense sarcasm here....welcome to ATS!!! your new friend in the media/news and general happenings of the world department when the MSM (main stream media) is too shy or will not cover the news that matters!

....and yes there is alot of "uprising" going on

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majestyka

Originally posted by Devestator
Whoa is the world uprising!

i dont sense sarcasm here....welcome to ATS!!! your new friend in the media/news and general happenings of the world department when the MSM (main stream media) is too shy or will not cover the news that matters!

....and yes there is alot of "uprising" going on

Are you referring to mad panic sex?

I have to move to the US one of these days... we're too lazy down here.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

oh hell yea, we got massive uprisings here, none like you've ever seen.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

St Louis is my hometown though Im not there now. I wonder if they are in Forest Park

Forest Park would be my choice too. Used to spend a lot of weekends in St. Louis. Always had to spend time at Forest Park, and then nights on the Landing, but then that was back when people had a little extra money all the time. Sure miss those days!

Did that sound like Steinbeck type dialogue?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

totally agree and i'm so dismayed but what i saw (same view as you).
when the flashes in the park started, at first i thought "that's an awful lot of lighters all at once" and then they appeared everywhere so quickly and i don't know what they were for sure but i was thinking gunfire, although i'm betting smoke bombs or something similar ... maybe flash pots to disorient everyone (makes the corralling easier).

it was something to view, that's for sure.
as for recruiting, i couldn't agree more.
like it or not, the authority figur(ines) have really crossed the line, imho.
city ordinance ??? wtf? ... it should have no authority over a Constitutional display of civil disobedience

boy, i've really gotta process this before i say too much cause speaking from emotion right now would get me banned for sure

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I am speechless really. I just did a quick survey of MSM websites and the nearly complete absence of coverage of this large of an event is puzzling to say the least. To think that there might actually be such strong control from somewhere "above" of the news that is allowed to be portrayed is astonishing.

Thanks to all the live streamers and ATS. Without the spin of the major media we are left to our own devices to figure out what is actually going on. Refreshing, but scary all at the same time.

Peace and strength to all the occupiers.

edit on 10/11/2011 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ittabena
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

St Louis is my hometown though Im not there now. I wonder if they are in Forest Park

Forest Park would be my choice too. Used to spend a lot of weekends in St. Louis. Always had to spend time at Forest Park, and then nights on the Landing, but then that was back when people had a little extra money all the time. Sure miss those days!

Did that sound like Steinbeck type dialogue?

Forest Park is really beautifiul but they would have more visiblity at Kiener. I remember kite flying contests in the Park, and hot air balloon races.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Indeed... My plan right now is to head to bed and get some sleep. It's been a long night and morning. Tomorrow (Today...lol), it's time to move past simply blogging on this topic and start finding what is within driving distance of my location to explore the possibility of becoming active myself.

I never thought I'd actually consider being in a street action like this, but if they want to play whack-a-mole with 100 Vets...in BOSTON of all places (Historical Context is just incredible, isn't it?) then I suppose it may have come time I earn my place with the freedoms I and my family enjoy before there are none left to enjoy.

To Paraphrase Gore the Bore, it seems our nation has a fever.....She's downright ill, in fact. I'm thinking 100 men in Boston couldn't do much to help heal our sick little Eagle. Perhaps 10,000 or 100,000 will have more luck in treating the patient. The poor thing is dying right before our very eyes.

C'mon guys... Israel could mass 400,000 people because the rent bill is too high. This is embarrassing. We have far more to be mad about than rent numbers....and we can't do better? Of COURSE we can... We're Americans!! It's time we all remember what that MEANS and act on it...within our system of law...to change this mess we're in.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

To Paraphrase Gore the Bore, it seems our nation has a fever.....She's downright ill, in fact.

I actually believe that the occupy movement, and your intention to get personally involved, is a sign of health of your nation -- finally. Your nation has been getting worse by the day, but finally, the natural resource from within, the people, are rallying to the rescue.

God speed to you and be well in your quest.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Sorry to barge in on your thread OP, but with Atlanta and Boston being mentioned on this thread I thought I would just throw this in the mix for the group.

I have to hand it to my local news media, they have been reporting for the past week on the local movement, Occupy Buffalo. Mind you, it's not an in depth kind of reporting but they are mentioning it, showing the protest area and interviewing some of the protesters in the square.

I have just heard on a local station that the protesters in Niagara Square in Buffalo were given the order by police to leave the area by 7am today... as of yet they have not moved. No further action has been reported other than that. I cannot locate a link providing any confirmation of that however, and will continue to search and provide that when I can.

Occupy Buffalo kicked off last weekend with just a handful of people and so far has not gathered the strength of the likes of Atlanta, Boston, NYC and others. They have a big event planned for this Saturday, so perhaps more will show up then. We shall see

Some interesting links for those interested in the Occupy Buffalo movement.

OccupyBuffalo.org
Occupy Buffalo - Live Stream (Live Stream for this is currently offline)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The Mayor had no choice but to allow a peacfull protest. If the police get ugly, the crowd will do the same. This has to play out.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
To my brothers and sisters in Atlanta,

Revolt. Do not go quietly into the night. Cry out. Let your voices be heard, your message understood, your fists felt. This movement cannot afford a loss. If you are within distance, rally to Atlanta and help the cause. Rise to your potential strength. Rise to your purpose. Invite our fellow Americans in the Tea Party, remind them who controls the government they wish to downsize. Cry out. Remind the 1% that majority rules, and remember yourself that their strength, their wealth, their power is an illusion. Shatter that illusion. Revolt.

~FugitiveSoul

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

So says the anonymous person on the internet.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Well i think that they should let everyone out of jail that are in for drug crimes and make it legal.
At that point there would be plenty of room in the cells for all the commies trying to destroy my country
instead of restoring the constitution.

The bad part is that alot of you don't realeyes that your supporting communism and trying to overthrow our government.I'm all for reestablishing the original laws that made america great.However what you ar4e doing is criminal and it's only a matter of time before your arrested.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Sunday I went to what I believe was either the fourth or fifth meeting for the Occupy Memphis movement.

From what I see, it seems to be a healthy statement of solidarity, not for any specific group, but for Americans and in this case Memphians.

I don't consider myself a part of the movement quite yet, though I do support them in making the first large scale, country wide protests (in America) in recent memory.

The meeting I went to was held at Overton park in Midtown and there were probably around 50-75 people in attendance to vote on things such as location and date of the Occupy Memphis protests, as well as the dates of the nonviolent training events before the occupation, location of further meetings, rules for the website moderation, etc. Also it seems that the plan for provisions such as food and water seems to be coming along.

Hopefully this is an on going protest around the country and while I can see how protests like like this can be manipulated by provocateurs and media spin I still think its important to show the people who aren't involved that voices are speaking out against corporate/government misconduct.

Here's the info I got:
Date: October 15th 2011
Location of Occupation: Civic Center Plaza

General assemblies will also be held at the Civic Center Plaza.

www.facebook.com...#!/OccupyMemphis
www.occupymemphis.org

Also I guess that the Occupation will also be involving the homeless as apart of the protests, though I don't really know yet how I feel about this. I mean yes help the homeless, but wouldn't that give the police more leverage on being able to detain protesters (whether they are homeless or not). Of this I'm ignorant though I'll keep posting.

No matter what voice it is you have, just make sure you use it.
Don't use your rights, there won't be no rights

P.S. Sorry if this is not the right placement for this info, I'm new so I can't post threads yet.
edit on 11-10-2011 by Businessmanstrip because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I have done my fair share to spread this movement, both digitally and in the flesh, and will do further still when the time comes to eradicate this monopolous cancer that has taken over the world. What have you done today, besides doubt anonymous people anonymously?
edit on 11-10-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by loki41872
If I was the mayor of Atlanta, I would just order the police to completely leave the area, and leave all those idiots to the mercy of the nightime downtown population.

If any of them survive the night, they may have a different outlook in the morning.

A liberal is a conservative that hasn't been mugged/raped yet.

You're missing the point, I think. It's not about liberal or conservative. There is no left or right wing alignment, wayyyy too many diverse viewpoints involved for that generalization. Now ignorance, that's another ballgame.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

What have you done today, besides doubt anonymous people anonymously?

Excellent point.

My doubts aren't unfounded, but we wont go there, not now... As for today, I've done absolutely NOTHING, and if I'm lucky I'll get to keep doing that for a while longer.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
right now i'm working as fast as i can to compile my videos into longer ones and will upload them to my youtube acct which is called OCCUPYATL.

I will then put all of my photos on the flickr stream which is also titled OCCUPYATL.

gimme a few folks.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Make sure you have these before going:

1. gas mask..to counter act the tear gas cops use in riot situations.
2. pexiglass shield.. to block cops attacks with clubs.
3. Helmets, Kevlar the best.
4. Body armor. You can pick them up at various tatical places online.
5. Stun weapon, if legal in your state.
6. Self-defense batons, they telescope for maxium crunching power to beat off attack cops.
7. First aid kit.
8. MRE's

You might think I'm joking but its always good to have these things in a situation. always better to be prepared, then end up as just a bloody victim being taken away.

Remember this.. there are more protestors than cops, don't show them any fear and they'll back off.If not then you'll be ready for there attacks.

my 2 cents

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join