It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS was created, and is still organized by.......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
OWS was created, and is still organized by....... Canadian activist group Adbusters

Due to the confusion I have seen on this, and other sites as well as the misconstrued information being spread on the MSM, I decided to create this thread to showcase the OWS creators, and organizers. They are actively organizing from www.adbusters.org... check it out for yourself. Also please browse the site so you can see for yourself as the movement spreads globally.

Here is some information about the origins of the OWS movement. It was not spontaneously started by a bunch of unemployed working-class or middle-class Americans. It was launched by a professional activist group who in 1989 started a company "Ad Busters" based in Vancouver, Canada, and which has networks in various countries. The company has it's own website on which they (1)advertise their bimonthly magazine, (2)solicit monetary donations, and (3)list projects they have founded (including OWS), among other things. The company claims to be anticonsumerist and anticapitalist, incisive.

Their Mission Statement:

Our mission is to cut through the fog of mental pollution, changing the way information flows in our society. With incisive philosophical thrusts, activist commentaries and visual mindbombs from around the world, we want to enlighten you, enrage you and enlist you in creating a new future. We hope Adbusters is a kick in the head, a life changing epiphany and a compelling call to arms.

So before you write threads saying that anarchists, reptillians, obama, or anyone else is running the show please look at the facts first, and don't let others hijack it for their own, please remind people where to find the information, from the source.

www.adbusters.org...

Additional : I have seen multiple threads crediting communists, anarchists, annonymous, alex jones, the cia, the fbi, and others as being the creators, and organizers. The MSM is now pushing to label the movement as an anarchist driven movement, and in response to the thread below mine, yes it has become that diluded.

edit on 10-10-2011 by DrunkNinja because: I responded to the guy below me, and added some words.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Well, if Adbusters is run by reptilian anarchists and Obama is a reptilian anarchist, then... 2+2 my friend.
But seriously, I think this is common knowledge. I mean, right? I'm sure all the OWS defenders are not completely ignorant of the cause they are so valiantly defending? That can't be the case.

(Some will tell you over and over that it isn't an anti-capitalist movement, though).

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DrunkNinja

I have seen this before, and find it plausable.

This just goes to show that some people high up in the US and other Governments do not want OWS or other protests to go away, it serves their purpose.

The US and Canada have fairly good relations and it would take but a wink and a nudge to bring this group down.

Of course, there are now other means of funding available so that would not kill the snake, so to speak.

It will be here for a while, but as long as they do not get a cohesive message together it will be doomed to failure. To many people with too many agendas.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DrunkNinja

Well.....ok. Good for them, I suppose.

With that said, I understand your desire for credit to be given where it's due, but I'm more concerned with whether something tangibly beneficial comes out of this whole thing regardless of who started it. With that said, they're the ones out there on the street and for that, I do give them great credit.

Timidgal

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Do we truly think that those north African movements were organized by Facebook and other social media?

Of course we don't believe that. There is a revolution going on here on Earth and I don't think we should be so short-sighted in believing it's all grass root.

Those revolts in north Africa/Middle East and the OWS are connected. I want to think the Tea Party is also a part of the movement but nah, ultimately I think it's the distraction.

So what's really going on here?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

If by awhile, you mean as soon as NYC gets cold outside, then I agree. This will likely whimper out much faster than the Tea Party.
It may not be the end of protests/"social unrest" in general, but this particular movement is so contrived, obviously so to anyone who is not drinking the Koolaid.
Oh well, other than maintaining the status quo by moving normal Americans to defend "the elite" against the dirty hippie army, it really won't matter much either way.
If there were any attractive girls out there, I'd go check it out myself at our town's lameass Occupy movement(New Orleans- which is ridiculous because stupid local govt policies chased the capitalists out of town here years ago). Alas, tis not the case...

(With the female situation, I mean. "Ruff, ruff")

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by radosta

Weather does have a tendancy to chase people indoors, or kill them. That alone could make OWS a memory.

But I believe that there are those who will put themselves in harms way and risk frostbite or death by hypothermia, at which point, they may have a martyr.

Time will tell.

new topics

top topics

join